Winning Her Over

Imperfectly Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

8:36 pm

 

He's pranking me, isn't it? But it didn't look like he was. But why? Of all people? Why me? What do I do now? How will I face him?

 

Engrossed in your thoughts, you didn't even realized that the car was pulled over by your university and your mom had been calling you. "Ji-Ah? Ji-Ah!"

 

You snapped out and looked at her surprised. "Uh, what?"

 

"We have reached but are you okay? Are you not feeling well? Should we go back home?" She questioned, worringly checking your temperature as her hand went to your forehead then cheek and you chuckled. "I am fine mom, just thinking about here and there."

 

She sighed. "If it's about your studies, then don't stress over it, I know you're going to top it and even if you won't, it's alright because your health matters the most, you get me?"

 

"Yes, ma'am." You nodded chuckling before she fixed the purplish white stole around your neck and smiled pinching your cheek. "My daughter looks so pretty."

 

You giggled. "Of course, who's daughter am I?"

 

"Mine." She smirked raising her brows playfully and you nodded laughing. "Okay, I'll get going now and you too, drive safely."

 

"Ji-Ah, wait!" She called out as you were about to open the door and looked at her confusingly to see her shuffling in her purse before she fished out a black small box. "Give this to sweet boy."

 

Your body jolted up upon his mention. "W-why him?"

 

Your mom looked at you confused. "Why not? He's helping us out and I thought of him when I saw these cufflinks, so give him as a thank you from me."

 

You sighed, taking the box from her as you shoved it in your bag. "Mrs. Kim Seyeong, you really have been working hard."

 

"This is the way of life, Miss. Kim Ji-Ah." She shot back with the same tone making you smile as you shook your head. "See you at home!"

 

You got off the car as you attempted to walk to the entrance gate only to be stopped by your bestfriend, Sarang who called you in a singing way. "Hello, Not interested in cute guys, Ji."

 

You rolled your eyes at her as usual, weird, greeting and looked at her. "Hello to you too, who finds every guy cute, Sarang."

 

You heard a chuckle behind which was your mom's as Sarang turned to her gasping. "Hey, Aunty, I really liked the stole!"

 

"Of course, I brought it!" She exclaimed and Sarang gave her thumbs up giggling. "As expected from you!"

 

"Okay, I'll be leaving now." She announced and you both waved at her with you speaking behind. "Call me when you get there!" 

 

Sarang crossed her arms as she stared at you with a serious expression before heaving a sigh. "You look pale, didn't you sleep last night?"

 

You looked at her blankly. "Do you think I could sleep after what happened last night?"

 

As soon as you had got home, you took maximum ten minutes to adapt the scene which happened outside and you couldn't help but get anxious over it. You wanted to discuss it and let it out, so you had instantly called her and told her everything. The shock was surely an understandment as what she had heard about Baekhyun, he had done the totally opposite of it and you, who never really expected from him and that too for you, left you shook and kind of tensed. 

 

"Did something happen at the trip which led him change his mind and heart about you?" She cocked her eyebrow as she stared at you suspiciously and you looked at her surprised. "Are you crazy? What are you even imagining? Nothing happened okay?"

 

"Then what if he's serious about you?"

 

"I don't know and I don't want to think about it." You looked down taking a deep breath. "I have tried so hard not to be in any kind of attention then why..? How did it turn out like this?"

 

Sarang stared at you with an understanding expression as she rubbed your back. "The past is past, Ji. But that doesn't mean that it will happen again, you gotta move on and let go of it."

 

You closed your eyes, nodding. "I'm trying but it's not easy."

 

"I know." She uttered out softly. "But it will be worth it and I think you should give Baekhyun a chance too."

 

You opened your eyes and looked at her, confused. "What?"

 

"What What?" She looked at you seriously. "You gotta give him a chance to court you though, you never know... It could turn out to be better too."

 

You bit your lip, contemplating at her words before opening your mouth, only to close it since you couldn't found any words to say in return as she was, indeed right.

 

"I don't know!" You grumbled with a grumpy look before letting out a gasp. "How am I going to give this to him?"

 

"Oooh~ Aunty bought it for him?" Sarang stared at the box innocently and you looked at her with a smile as an idea popped into your mind where she looked back at you, mirroring your expression while shaking her head. "I'm not giving this to him."

 

"Why?!" You whined and she shrugged. "I'm not close to him, you are."

 

Your eyes enlarged. "I'm not close to him!"

 

She nodded, nonchalantly. "Yeah, Sure."

 

"I'm not and you're giving this to him!" You said as you reached out to give her the box but before you could, she ran inside with you running behind her. "Sarang!"

 

                            ______________

 

"Are we going to see this sight everyday?" Seulgi questioned, leaning towards Kyungsoo beside her who was scrolling through his phone but raised his head a little to check as what she was pointing to before a sigh left his lips, looking back at his phone shrugging. "Beats me."

 

They were gathered in their hideout as usual where they couldn't stop groaning at the sight infront of them, seeing Baekhyun who has been grinning like a fool since he has got here.

 

"This was the exact smile I had when I got my pocket money for the first time." Chanyeol uttered out, chuckling and Seulgi snorted. "That's why you don't get any now."

 

Chanyeol looked at her with a done look before letting out a sarcastic laugh where Seulgi did the same with him before laughing hysterically at eachother while Kyungsoo shifted aside from the noise.

 

All of a sudden, Baekhyun stood up with a jerk, causing them to flinch as three of them looked at him in surprise and confusingly where Kyungsoo's eyes turned in concern. "What happened?"

 

"It's class time!" Baekhyun chirped, checking the time through his wristwatch before rushing out of the room leaving his three friends dumbfounded there.

 

"Woah!" Chanyeol exclaimed with a shocked face. "I never him this excited for the class before."

 

"Not class but for someone." Seulgi remarked, tilting her head towards him making him nod. "Ji-Ah."

 

"Well, it's not a bad thing since Ji-Ah seems to be a nice girl." Kyungsoo stated shoving his phone in his pocket. "Maybe she'll get him back to the track?"

 

Seulgi nodded with a satisfied smile. "I wish I could have dated her, she's so cool."

 

"That's too bad, since she's not into girls." Chanyeol joked laughing only get choked with her arm being locked around his neck where he did the same and Kyungsoo just shook his head over them before leaving the room.

 

Back to Baekhyun, who entered the hallway, taking everyone's attention but he couldn't careless as his eyes were searching for a certain someone, his Daisy. His eyes twinkled as soon as he spotted you by your locker stuffing your bag inside and taking out some other stuffs where his eyes observed you, dressed in a plain jeans and tucked yellow, flowery printed top with a stole around your neck.

 

A chuckle left his lips as he watched you huffing and taking off your stole before shoving it in your locker with a small pout where he assumed you didn't wanted to take it off but because of the hot weather, you couldn't wore it. His smile soon dropped as he watched your next move which left his breath hitched as you took a handful of your black waist length hair and tied it in a high ponytail leaving your nap visible.

 

As you began to walk towards the class, he trailed behind you slowly but the back of your neck kept taking his attention as he just couldn't look away, no matter how much he tried. Heat rushed up to his ear as he shook his head, trying to shrug off his mind before biting his lip, he instantly rushed up to you and reached out to slid the hair band off your hair leaving it down slowly.

 

You flinched at the sudden action as you let out a gasp before instantly turning around, only to get your breath hitched to see Baekhyun standing there with a serious look and instantly snapped out as you narrowed your eyes at him noticing the hair band in his hand. "What the heck was that?"

 

"You..," He trailed off, taking a deep breath. "Don't tie your hair at school."

 

"What..?" You gave me a weird look where you noticed the stares of students and you let out a huff as you held out your hand gritting your teeth. "Gimme my hairband back."

 

He shook his head, hiding his hand behind with puckered lips. "Say you won't tie it back."

 

You raised your eyebrows at him. "I will, what are you gonna do?" 

 

He raised his eyebrows amused before a smirk crept on his lips. "I will keep bothering you in class and won't let you concentrate."

 

"What kind of nonsense is this now?!" You whisper-yelled, because exhaling exhasperatedly and walked away leaving him confuse but even more confused when you came back. "Fine."

 

You would have left this handband behind if it wasn't given by your dad and you treasure it more than anything.

 

He giggled as he handed it back. "So there are times when you can be cute too."

 

You bit your lip glaring at him which did nothing but made him giggle even more before you walked away with him about to stride behind you but stopped when you turned back walking towards him as he looked at you confused.

 

You fished out the box from your pouch and put it in his hand where he stared at you surprised yet confused as he looked back and forth at the box and then you before he let out a fake gasp. "You're proposing me? That easily?"

 

You huffed, rolling your eyes. "Stop thinking too much and mom bought it for you."

 

His eyes lit up. "Ms. Universe bought it for me? Why?"

 

You tucked the loose strand of hair behind your ear. "As a thank you gift."

 

Baekhyun's heart softened as a smile crept on his lips before he opened the box and his smile widened. "Woah! Cufflinks, they're pretty."

 

You shrugged, feeling proud. "Of course, my mom bought it."

 

Baekhyun chuckled. "Give me Ms. Universe's number."

 

You frowned. "Can you stop calling my mom like that? And why do you need her number?"

 

"I want to thank her." He stated and you waved it off with your hand before walking ahead with him trailing behind you. "I'll tell your thank you to her."

 

"No, I want to do it myself." He pressed, shoving the box in his jacket pocket before looking at you with a smile. "Or I can just ask your friend."

 

You shot your eyes at him. "You wouldn't dare."

 

"Oh, try me, Daisy." He uttered out. "I have been doing lot of daring things lately."

 

You frowned confusingly before realizing his words as you noticed his gaze turning soft and you looked away walking inside the classroom. "Fine!"

 

Opening the door of the classroom, you walked inside but as soon as the guy entered behind you, everyone looked at your direction like an idol would have just entered and that thought made you roll your eyes internally. Biting your lip, you strode towards your seat with him trailing behind you and you looked down sighing as you could noticed the students different gazes on you making you uncomfortable and which you have hated.

 

Settling yourself on your seat, you faced Baekhyun who just sat down beside you. "Do you have to sit here?"

 

He looked at you innocently. "You still haven't given me the number."

 

You gave him a done look. "Stop dodging my question."

 

Baekhyun giggled before leaning back against his chair while crossing his arms over his chest as he tilted his head slightly to look at you. "I think you know better as why I want to sit here, next to you."

 

You blinked, as his intent eyes bored into yours without blinking and slowly you felt heat reaching up to your cheeks where you instantly looked ahead with a sigh. "You...doing this would make things difficult for me."

 

Baekhyun bit his lip, staring at you with an understanding expression. "If you're worried about the girls... Then don't because as long as I'm here, they won't even touch you."

 

You looked at him to see h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter