Chapter 28

If The World Is Ending...

Yena notices how Yuri has been fidgetting the moment they entered their room. She approaches her girlfriend and gently held her to get her attention. "Are you okay? Is there something wrong?" Yuri then started pacing back and forth inside. "Okay, something's definitely wrong. Baby, can you stop and talk to me?" Yena asked stopping Yuri from pacing then guides her to sit down by the edge of the bed.

 

"It's Hyewon..." Yuri started. "I don't know the details but, when we're approaching the office, I heard Ms. Park and Suhyun arguing about her. Suhyun said Hyewon needs help but the Headmistress said no... Why would she say no? It's Hyewon, she spent more time with her than any students here combined and knowing Miss, she had grown a soft spot for our friend so why refuse to help her?"

 

"Then maybe we can help her. It won't be our first time to help our friend without her permission," Yena said, feeling proud of their action despite obeying the Headmistress.

 

"No!" Yuri immediately disagrees. "Based on their arguement, it was too dangerous for Hyewon and it's probably deadly for us if we meddle. It's too risky. We're not even a par with any of their abilities. I almost lost you the last time you were stubborn, Yena."

 

Yena sighs. She understand her girlfriend. She was also scared for her life during those times. "But it's Hyewon, Yul. She's our friend and if she needs help, it should be us. And if ever we die helping her, don't you think it will worth the risk?"

 

Contemplating the consenqeunces, Yuri decided to finally agree. Realizing that Hyewon won't hesitate, her friend is probably doing it right now. "Okay but, promise me you'll not try to be the hero and we will just her in any way we can."

 

Yena kneels in front of her lover and hold her cheeks, "I promise." She gives Yuri a reassuring kiss before leaving the room to inform their other friends.

 

*****

"What took you so long? I thought Uno went after you instead," Hyewon says with worry when she meets Suhyun.

 

"Things just took a whole turn, Hye..." Suhyun fills Hyewon the details she discovered when she went to the Academy, leaving the part that Jennie murdered a lot of people, icluding almost her friends.

 

"There's something else you're not telling me," Hyewon noticed.

 

"Sometimes I hate her for enhancing your abilities," Suhyun says. She sighed, "Someone came back from the dead and you won't like it not even a bit. Are you sure you want to know?"

 

Hyewon weighs her options and chooses, "Okay, tell me how much will it affect us and our plan?"

 

"It affect us very much! Everything actually."

 

Hyewon sighs and brace herself for the details, "Tell me everything."

 

*****

The group was busy assissting everyone. They just received an information that the military is on the way to the campus to pick up all the mutants, from staffs to students. "Why are we running away from them? The President told himself that we will be safe," a student says, confused as why they are going the opposite direction.

 

"When did ever the government give a damn about us? Never! They will probably weaponized us the moment they reach us, they'll use us until we are no longer valuable and dispose us right there and then. Were you even really there when Ms. Park explained everthing?" Chaeyeon answers her fellow mutant.

 

Sakura informs her girlfriend the headcount, "We're missing Yujin. Other speedsters volunteered to scan around the campus but there's no sign of her."

 

Chaeyeon nods and thinks for a moment. "Thank you. Now, please make sure everyone's seated. We'll be leaving soon. I have to inform Ms. Park first then I'll join you, okay?" Not waiting for Sakura's reply, Chaeyeon gave her a quick kiss and left.

 

Using her ability to fly, she scans the ground from the sky. Hoping that Yujin is still close but to her dismay, all she saw is a line of heavy geared vehicles closing their location. Flying down, she approaches the Headmistress, "We have to go now, Miss. They're getting closer. All aboard," she lied. Ms. Park nods and both of them went to the plane that's waiting. Chaeyeon helped the Headmistress as they both get in.

 

Once sure they're in the air, Chaeyeon prepares herself for a jump. She walks toward the button, "I'm sorry but Yujin is still out there. I have to find her before they do. Tell Sakura and my friends that I love them..." She opens the cargo and jumped off from the plane. The Headmistress could only watch as the pilot instantly closed it as soon as they were notified in the cockpit.

 

"I think I've finally found a way to reverse the-- where's Chaeyeon?" Dr. Myoui asked when she noticed the Headmistress was alone. "Where's the kid, Jihyo?"

 

The Headmistress sighs, "She went back for Yujin. Tell me more about reversing Dr. Kang's formula. We can help the kids through that."

 

*****

It's been hours since Yujin started running around, searching for a portal that has not yet opened. No matter how much she convinces herself she's not tired, her body have been reacting quite the opposite. She can feel her energy depleting each step she takes. Distracted with her own thoughts, she trips over at her own step. She rolls down a hill somewhere. She screams on top of her lungs when she noticed she hurt herself when she was rolling. Lucky for her she only hurt her arm, not her feet.

 

"I have to save everyone... I need to save them," she whispers to herself. The mutant forces herself to stand up, enduring her aching shoulder. She looked  around and thought that luck might be one of her powers since she's not far from the Academy. All she have to do is go somewhere safer knowing that the school will be swarming with soldiers looking for mutants. As she takes a step, she heard a twig broke. She ready herself from any kind of attack. "Who's there?"

 

Looking around once again, she saw a movement by the tree. Coming out from it was Chaeyeon. "Thank goodness you're alright!" Chaeyeon gave her a tight hug. "You stubborn kid! Once Minjoo realize that you're isn't on the plane with her, she'll kill you," she added while hugging her friend.

 

"I could say the same thing to you," Yujin chuckled. They break away from the hug. "But they safely got away in time, right?" Chaen nodded. Truth be told, Yujin feels alive knowing that Chaeyeon went after her without taking a second to think. The speedster is scared as hell with her plan. At least now her friend is here, she feels a little bit more motivated.

 

The older mutant notices the younger was supporting her arm. "Let me see that," she told her friend. Seeing how swollen Yujin's arm is, Chaeyeon instantly tore a piece from her shirt and Yujin's and made it a sling to support the younger's injury. "We need to go now. I saw them walking towards here."