Chapter 1

If The World Is Ending...

Kwon Eunbi. A goddess- as some of the students describe her, is a very popular student. Not only because of her God-given looks but also because she's the most experienced when it comes to her power. Her ability to control almost everything at her will is amazing, even the professors will agree.

"Have you seen the new girl? She's super pretty! What more if she smiled!" Eunbi heard a couple of students talking in the hall of their dormitory.

Eunbi was on her way to the cafeteria for lunch. Where she'll also meet her friends.

Eunbi has been hearing the same thing since morning. Almost everyone was talking about how pretty the newcomer is. It picked her curiosity, not because of the praises she's been hearing but she's intrigued with what the newcomer's ability is.

After her not-so-short journey, she finally reached her destination and was immediately greeted by her friends. The group settled outside, where there are few tables set to enjoy the nice warm sun while eating.

Eunbi's group was loud! She's used to it, everybody was used to it. But there's something that irks her, her friend- Yena, was unusually loud today.

"Yena, how many of yous there are right now?" Eunbi confronted. Her friend could only swallow a lump for her life since she's been busted. Yena was about to answer but was interrupted.

"!"

The other Yena was pinned to the ground, face on the soil with her arm twisted behind her back. Yena recollected her clone that surprised her attacker. The attacker looked around and her eyes met Eunbi's.

"Oh my god. She's really pretty," Eunbi heard Minjoo- also a friend of hers gushed.

"Yeah, she is. But she's also scary," this time it was Yujin, a tall girl sitting next to Yena who's now rubbing off her arm to ease the pain.

Unknown to Eunbi, the girl was already standing by the end of their table. "Leave me the alone," the new girl said with conviction.

"That was very rude of her," Eunbi thought.

Being the approachable and friendly student model she is, she stopped the new girl and introduced herself. "I'm Eunbi Kwon," Eunbi offered her hand out but the girl just stared. "I'm sorry if my friend caused you trouble, she means well but probably went overboard," Eunbi continued after retreating her hand when the girl rejected her.

"Hyewon Kang. Will you please tell your friend and the others as well to leave me alone? Thank you." With that said, Hyewon walked out of them.

Eunbi was taken aback by Hyewon's tone. The taller girl sounded monotonous as a robot.

"I told you! You shouldn't have done that! Now she's gonna find all of us weird!" Yuri nagged her girlfriend and slapped the duplicator on the shoulder.

"I just want to be friends with her! I heard we share the same birth year. Is that too much to ask?" The girl replied with a pout. Making her look like a duck.

"Yena, you should've asked her nicely instead. And using your powers outside the classroom? You knew very well that we can't do that until we master it."

"Okay, stop nagging me. It was Yujin's idea!" Then chaos ensued. Yujin and Yena bickering while Minjoo and Yuri were trying their best to stop them.

"Where's Chae and Kura?" Eunbi asked the twins who have polar opposite abilities.

"Not sure," Hitomi said.

"Probably making out in their room?" Nako suggested.

Avoiding to put an image of her two friends' canoodling, she successfully distracted herself when she saw Hyewon talking to the Headmaster herself- Park Jihyo.

"Ms. Kwon? Please proceed with your lunch. Have a good day," Eunbi heard the Headmaster say with such a sweet voice.

One of the perks of her power- Telekinesis, is being able to receive messages from someone with telepathic powers, Headmaster Jihyo for example. But sadly, Eunbi could only be the receiving end, she had trained and tried hard to send one but to no avail.

Eunbi returned a smile at the Headmaster when their eyes met. She dismissed any thoughts about the new girl.

Stories after stories while they eat, lunchtime has come to an end. They all have to go back to their scheduled activities. For Eunbi, it's time for her hand-to-hand combat training with the other students who have the brain as the core of their power.

"What's with the frown?" A girl with cute pair of ears peeking through her short hair asked.

"You and Chae missed lunch. Where were you? Do you know how important for us to keep our mind stimulated?"

"Okay, I'm assuming something bad happened during lunch...? Tell me the deets." Sakura linked arms with Eunbi as they make their way to their class while she fills her friend in.

"And speaking of..."

"What?" Sakura looked in the direction where Eunbi was looking. She saw a girl with long hair and a stoic face, standing at the corner of the room and was just watching everyone. "That's her? You're telling me that that innocent-looking girl--" Sakura pointed, "--pinned Yena to the ground helplessly?" Sakura was bewildered.

"Yes! And stop pointing," Eunbi pulled her friend to the bleacher to sit with the others.

Lessons and demonstrations after, their instructor called Hyewon. He's been watching the latter from the beginning and he hates that the student didn't faze at all.

"Come here, Kang." And the girl did. Hyewon's instructor, Mr. Jackson Wang then threw her the safety gear, "Let's go! You and me."

Sparring with your students to teach combat lessons wasn't really against the rules since it could justify as a process on how will you be able to protect yourself or the others in a surprise attack. The instructor might have different agenda on his mind but that's only between him and himself.

"Bet you your pudding: Kang will be able to take Mr. Wang down. Deal?" Sakura bade but Eunbi rolled her eyes and ignored her friend. "You're such a buzzkill," Sakura scoffed.

All eyes were on the two mutants. "What are you waiting for? Didn't you hear me? I said, let's go!"

"Please, Sir. Pick another student instead," Hyewon replied in a hushed voice. It wasn't a request so their professor found her answer annoying. Using his telekinesis, he geared up his student simultaneously as he remove the girl's any possible harmful objects with her. Including her ring and some device that came from Hyewon's ear.

Wang began taking offense. He attacked his student with force yet was still careful not to hurt the other mutant badly.

The students watching were amused at how Hyewon swiftly avoided the instructor's attacks. The sparring became interesting for the viewers, including Sakura who was trying her best not to cheer for her co-mutant student.

"How can she possibly dodge those attacks effortlessly? It's like she knows Mr. Wang's movement," Eunbi observed to herself.

"Fight back! You cannot just avoid and dodge every offense made!" The instructor encouraged but if you listen closely, you'll get a hint his patience was wearing thin.

Hyewon didn't do anything. So Wang used his powers again. As he attack Hyewon punch after punch, the older mutant was starting to let his annoyance cloud his better judgment. An object that flew out of nowhere successfully hit Hyewon and made her bleed.

Everyone gasped for a second then the next thing they know, Hyewon already managed to land a roundhouse kick and their professor knocked out cold in the mat.

No one reacted. The room was mixed in shock, amazement, and surprise. Some of them are not even sure if their teacher was still breathing.

Realizing what happened, Hyewon removed her safety gear and got her stuff back.

"Classes are over. Don't worry about Mr. Wang, he's a tough one. He'll be just fine," the mutants turned their heads over the entrance and saw their other professor standing. "Ms. Kang, please come with me. The headmaster would like to speak with you."

"Did you see that? Because I swear I didn't! She's so cool!" Sakura gushed. "We need to be friends with her, Eun! She'll be a great asset if ever the world ends!" Sakura continued talking as they walk out of the classroom.

"Ms. Kwon?" The other professor called.

"Eun, Ms. Chou is calling you," Sakura elbowed her, pulling out of her trance. "I'll see you later." Sakura excused herself when the professor walked towards them with Mr. Wang on her shoulders and Hyewon following behind.

"Yes, Miss?"

"Ms. Park would like to see you too."

Eunbi was just silently following, even though she knows she's walking beside Hyewon it still made her feel like she's walking down the hall alone. Not to mention that Ms. Chou is also known as a mentor who speaks only when needed when she's not in the classroom.

"Thank you, Tzuyu." Headmaster Jihyo said when the three mutants arrived at her office. Tzuyu replied with a nod and left them alone. "Does it hurt?" Jihyo pointed at Hyewon's left side torso stained with red color.

Eunbi was shocked to see that the new mutant was hurt. None of the teachers has hurt any students in class whether it may be part of the training or not.

"I can manage. May I ask why did you call for me? Am I in trouble? Did I kill him?" Hyewon said all of it in one go. If it weren't for her tone, Eunbi would've thought that she feels guilty about the outcome.

"Mr. Wang will be fine, I can assure you that. No one's in trouble, I called you here to tell you that we finally made a room for you in the dormitory, Eunbi will be your roommate. And give you your new official schedule." Jihyo slips a piece of paper on the table.

Eunbi wanted to object but even before she could open , she already received a message from the Headmaster.

"Off you go now." The two younger mutants stepped out of the office and discovered Tzuyu with one duffle bag holding as she waits. "Best of luck, girls!" Tzuyu cheered before they start heading to their room.