Jisoo's proposal

HOME

Aurora had pink hair!?

"I still can't believe they're reshowing almost all of the Disney movies here! More importantly, its sleeping beauty!" said Chaeyoung, who giggled as she and Jisoo stood hand in hand in line to go to the entrance.

"How did you even know they were reshowing it today? I haven't seen anything on the internet about it." Chaeyoung quickly added before she pouted as she remembered nothing but boring news scattered all over her phone.

"Seulgi told me about it," said Jisoo, who spared a glance at Chaeyoung and saw that Chaeyoung was looking perplexed about it.

"You still remember Seulgi, right? Kang Seulgi, Irene's girlfriend? " Jisoo quickly added, moving her hands as she explained as if it will help her point.

"Of course, I do," muttered Chaeyoung, reminiscing about the troublemaker art student at their university.

Jisoo smiled, turning her head to the front as she spoke. "Yeah, she was the one who told me about this and I thought, why not take you out on a movie date?" 

"That's random." Chaeyoung retorts, snorting softly as she feels her cheeks flushed because of Jisoo.

Jisoo flashed a grin and before she could speak more to tease the pink-haired girl about it. Their turn had arrived and Jisoo was the one who gave the ticket to the security guard. After passing through the door metal detector, Chaeyoung is on her side once again, taking Jisoo's hand in hers. 

"We're in!" Chaeyoung whispered in excitement as she squeezed Jisoo's hand into hers. 

"I still can't believe you got us rewatching tickets for Sleeping Beauty."

"You've said that like a thousand times already, Chaeng." Jisoo teased, turning her head and using her hand to pinch Chaeyoung right in the cheek softly. Chaeyoung whined at her lover and Jisoo released a soft chuckle.

"You should stop touching my cheeks. Seriously, they're getting swollen because of you, " Chaeyoung murmurs, rubbing at where her girlfriend just pinched her.

Jisoo laughs softly. "You're so dramatic. I didn't even pinch it that hard."

"They're sensitive, okay?" Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, but her plump lips that were curling betrayed what she was trying to act on.

Jisoo shrugs it off with a goofy smile. "Whatever. You love it when I do that to you."

"No, I don't." Chaeyoung quickly snapped.

"Yes, you do."

"No, I do- stop!" said Chaeyoung, who quickly burst into a fit of laughter when she felt Jisoo tickling her on the side. 

Jisoo was still smirking like a devil as she moved her fingers to tickle Chaeyoung, and Chaeyoung was at her mercy.

"Chu- you're so mean! Ugh, fine!" Chaeyoung squealed before she broke into a fit of laughter, and just when she thought Jisoo wasn't going to stop, Jisoo finally stopped, but the smirk that was plastered all over her lips didn't leave.

Chaeyoung knew Jisoo was the victor and just when the raven was going to grasp the chance to . Chaeyoung had beaten her up to it and opened to quickly change the topic.

"We seriously need to find our reserved seats. We're so loud!" said Chaeyoung, who hissed at her lover when she noticed some eyes glued to them.

Jisoo shrugs it off with a lazy smile before she initiates to take the lead and looks at the ticket. Chaeyoung could feel herself shrinking because of the gaze from the crowd, but that didn't last long when Jisoo finally found their seat and dragged her to it.

"Found it! Let's go." said Jisoo, who squeezed her hand into Chaeyoung's. Chaeyoung hummed, looking away as she followed the raven wordlessly. She's getting shy and the lawyer doesn't know why.

"I should have bought the junk food and stuck it in my pants," muttered Jisoo, who took a seat.

"If only you hadn't surprised me in the first place, we would've stuck some in our pants," Chaeyoung adds, taking a seat as she imagines them in their comfort pants trying to stuff as many snacks as they could into their pockets, and skillfully reasoning why their tummies are fat in front of the security. Chaeyoung giggled at the thought of Jisoo totally sticking some snacks behind her back just to feed their mouths while in the cinema room.

"Should I buy some popcorn for us?" asked Jisoo, who was wandering her head around trying to find an exit somewhere. Chaeyoung shook her head with a small smile that escaped from her lips. "It's cool." 

"You sure? I mean, I could just really grab them real quick."

"It's alright, baby. Just calm down. I want you here to support my head if I happen to fall asleep."

"As if you'll sleep on a disney movie,"

"Hey!"

Jisoo giggled, positioning herself in the seat as she turned her head on the big screen in front of them. The film was still not showing anything and there was a brief silence between them until Jisoo spoke as her eyes glued to the screen.

"Just tell me if you want some, I'll buy it for you," muttered Jisoo, who somehow seemed a little bit nervous.

Chaeyoung hummed, failing to notice the slight anxiety laced in her lover's voice. "Sure." She promptly replied.

And then the film started. Chaeyoung was gaping throughout the movie, and sometimes, Jisoo would try to poke her cheeks as the pink-haired woman watches. Chaeyoung would often shrug it off as she was too engrossed with the film, and Jisoo would sometimes spare a dreaming smile at Chaeyoung as she shifted her gaze from the screen to Chaeyoung back and forth.

Until then, Chaeyoung would sometimes giggle at the sarcastic remarks made by the three fairies, and Jisoo would also laugh, but wouldn't miss sparing a glance at Chaeyoung almost every five seconds to see if she was enjoying herself.

The movie was enjoyable, although Jisoo swore she had seen a different version, and it was very different from what the Disney show had shown. The version she had seen was pretty terrifying. Aurora had woken up, because apparently, the King had her in her sleep with the thought she wouldn't get pregnant. Unfortunately, Aurora did get pregnant, but that was not the reason why she woke up. The King was not the reason she woke up, but the twins that were inside of her were. But this version that she watched with Chaeyoung in the cinema was different. As much as Jisoo wanted to ruin everything for the Disney lovers, she taped shut and just watched her girlfriend lovingly.

The movie was so different that it made her cringe, but she enjoyed the movie. 

The movie was almost done and just when the prince was trying with all of his might to escape from the evil Queen's grasp. He had finally defeated her, but then, she just had to pull the memory card where you reminisce your memories and empower yourself, just like in the anime, and a few minutes passed, the Prince was still grasping and resisting almost everything of the evil Queen's power and the dragon in the pre-last scene. He had finally defeated the dragon and the evil Queen, and finally reached his destination. That was the tower where Aurora was held peacefully in her sleep.

"Have I ever told you how beautiful Aurora is?" whispered Chaeyoung as her eyes glued to the screen.

Jisoo giggled, "You have said that to me almost a hundred times already."

Chaeyoung only responded with a smile, and Jisoo could tell how much Chaeyoung loved this movie.

Eventually, both of them fell into silence, and when the familiar scene where the prince had marched his way to the top of the castle was finally shown on the screen. Jisoo knew that was her cue and glanced at Chaeyoung then at the screen back and forth with a dreamy smile.

Chaeyoung was still unaware and was still so engrossed in the movie with a smile plastered all over her lips. It would be a lie if she were to say that she doesn't feel nostalgic and kind of feels warm inside her stomach as she watches the scene where the prince finally finds Aurora.

Chaeyoung's smile grew with every second that had passed, but that didn't last long when she saw Aurora had... pink hair?

Instead of voicing out her confusion about the movie, Chaeyoung remained in her position with furrowed brows on her face as she kept watching until the prince finally clashed his lips with Aurora.

And to their expectation of the next scene. Aurora had fluttered her eyes open from the deep sleep cursed on her by the evil Queen.

"Is it just me or is there something wrong with the movie? How come Aurora had pink hair?" Chaeyoung asked, whose eyes were still glued to the big screen, but blinked later on in surprise when she saw the prince, who was a man before, had turned into a woman. Wait what?

The woman on the screen had her hair down, her hair was colored firm black and Chaeyoung was sure something was wrong with the movie. Did they perhaps... watch the wrong version by accident?

The prince, who is now a woman, was smiling at the princess and Chaeyoung couldn't help but chuckle as well, although she didn't know why and kept watching.

Jisoo was on her side, her eyes jumping back and forth from the big screen to Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung was still in a daze as she watched the She-Prince, all of a sudden, pull out a ring. Was there even a proposal scene in Sleeping Beauty? Chaeyoung was sure there was not a single proposal scene in the Sleeping Beauty.

Aurora, who had pink hair, was surprised, but later on, smiled dreamingly at the She-prince and Chaeyoung gaped in surprise, although with a little bit of amusement. She is convinced they had watched an adorable yet wrong version of Sleeping Beauty.

And all of a sudden, before the She-prince could ask for the hand of Aurora, who had pink hair. The screen showed the She-prince had tossed out the box with the engagement ring in it, and to Chaeyoung's surprise. Jisoo had abruptly stood up from her seat, catching something that Chaeyoung couldn't see because of the firm darkness in the cinema room.

All of a sudden, their surroundings, who Chaeyoung assumed were strangers, had chuckled at the raven's actions, and Chaeyoung was confused as hell as she turned her gaze to none other than her lover. Was there something she had missed?

Chaeyoung spared a glance at the screen and, to her surprise, the pink-haired aurora and the She-prince were looking at them as if they were expecting something, and Jisoo, Jisoo was smiling as the lights went on, her eyes staring dreamingly at Chaeyoung.

And then it finally dawned on Chaeyoung.

Jisoo is proposing to her.

Kim Jisoo is proposing to her!

Despite the whooping sound coming from everyone's mouth. Chaeyoung's eyes lingered on Jisoo and Jisoo's eyes were the same as when she moved to speak.

"It's not every day you get to propose to your high school sweetheart, so I just want to take my time... savor this moment." Jisoo starts smiling as she shamelessly stands up in front of Chaeyoung with a smile.

"Oh my god... She’s gonna get laid tonight, Jeongyeon!" A familiar voice from the back was heard. It was Nayeon, a friend of Jisoo back in high school, who was recording and not missing every inch of this moment.

"Oh my god..." murmured Chaeyoung, who seemed to not find the right word to say at the moment.

Jisoo chuckled and when she heard a ticking sound around them, she turned her head back to the screen like a dork, "Hey! Excuse me, do you mind? This is kind of a big moment..." 

The She-prince on the big screen only smiled as the pink-haired Aurora gave a side-eye look at the She-prince. 

And just when Jisoo thought she wouldn't get anything besides silence from Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung had finally opened to speak.

"Oh my god... Jisoo... these, these poor people," said Chaeyoung, who turned her head apologetically to the crowd. 

"They're, they're all on it." Jisoo quickly adds a smile that appears on her lips.

"Oh my god!" said Chaeyoung in a surprised voice and turned her head to look at the crowd only to find out it was their friends from high school, colleges, and families.

"Yes, you're going to get laid tonight, Chaeyoung!" A voice shouts from the back of their seat and Chaeyoung immediately recognizes who it is and blushes. It was her best friend, Lisa Manoban.

"Lisa, oh my god!" Jennie hisses, totally embarrassed on the side.

Chaeyoung was feeling hot on her cheeks despite the five AC in the cinema room at its maximum degree. She couldn't stop murmuring, "Oh my god", "Jisoo...", and lastly, chuckling under her breath as her gaze held onto Jisoo.

There was a chuckle formed between them and, all of a sudden, Jisoo bent herself onto one knee. In immediate response to the action, Chaeyoung releases a soft gasp and widens her eyes in surprise. 

Jisoo's eyes lingered on Chaeyoung as she loudly spoke, "Chaeyoung, I was hoping one of these days that you would propose to me, but seeing that both of us are stubborn and kind of shy... I thought I better ask before you get the chance to decide if you'd rather propose to someone else," The crowd had gone chuckling at what Jisoo said. Jisoo smiled as she continued to speak. Her voice was so delicate.

"Chaeyoung, I love you to the mountains and back and the far far hills and around Europe and Australia, back to the States and China, and all the way back to Korea. And I love you to the clouds and through the universe across Mars, all the way to the sun and back. I love you so much," said Jisoo, who qouted what Chaeyoung had said to her a few days ago with almost out of breath as she gazed right into Chaeyoung's eyes. The raven was sure her lips were now quivering in anxiety as she continued and gave the big question for today.

"Park Chaeyoung, Lawyer Park, will you live happily ever after with me?"

Chaeyoung could hear some people laughing at what Jisoo said. Distant whispers were heard, and some were howling as they anticipated Chaeyoung’s answer, despite knowing what Chaeyoung was going to say.

Chaeyoung had blinked into herself, trying to keep the tears at bay from Jisoo's proposal. And finally, she spoke.

"You need to stop exposing me to the crowd, Kim." Chaeyoung breathes out with a firm chuckle, "And, my answer is yes. I'll marry you, Jisoo. I'll marry you with every part of my body; my lungs, my liver, my intestines, my heart... " Chaeyoung turns her head at the crowd watching them.

"She's actually a businesswoman, but she binge watches a lot of medical korean dramass..." And everyone chuckles at that.

Jisoo's face flashes the widest smile and grin at Chaeyoung before she quietly slips the ring on her finger. It seemed like Jisoo was overwhelmed, so happy that she embraced Chaeyoung, and Chaeyoung's laughter was ringing in Jisoo's ears.

"I love you. Oh my god..."

"I love you too, Soo."

And just like that, the screen showed a lot of fireworks while the newly happily engaged couples laughed in each other's arms in happiness.

"I thought there was something wrong with the movie!" said Chaeyoung between her waves of laughter and tears from the proposal.

Jisoo laughed and Chaeyoung laughed too. Both of them were too happy to speak more, and just when Chaeyoung was about to turn her head to glance at her friends, Jisoo tapped her shoulder and pointed to the screen.

There, the iconic, "They lived happily ever after" was plastered all over the screen with Chaeyoung and Jisoo's animation look dancing just like Aurora and the Prince from the original.

"Oh my god!" said Chaeyoung, who was still shocked by the proposal, and turned her head unconsciously.

Jisoo had once again tapped her now fianceé's shoulder and pointed to the big screen where it showed, "The End" only to change in a split second to, "The Beginning". And Chaeyoung had gaped , smiling as she threw her head back in shock and happiness.

Jisoo was on the side, watching Chaeyoung, who had happiness on her face, and swore Chaeyoung and happiness fit so well together, and were probably her favorite combination, especially if she was the reason for that happiness.

"That was so good!" said Chaeyoung, who slapped Jisoo's shoulder gently.

And all of a sudden, a loud ring emerged in the cinema room, and on the screen it said, "If Chaeyoung says no." And in a split second, the show had shifted to the seven dwarfs who were crying over the death of Snow White. The crowd roared in laughter at the goofy moment that was exposed.

In embarrassment and reflex, Jisoo immediately stood up, stunned as she shouted at the movie operator, "Hey, Seul! She said yes!" 

Chaeyoung was still stunned and was laughing with her hands blocking . Jisoo had noted she was going to kill Seulgi, but not now, at least, that she's busy with her fiancé.

Her fianceé. It sounded so good, but a wife would suit her better. Her wife.

Seulgi had turned off the screen and Jisoo had said her thanks with the crowd chuckling at what they had seen. Since then, they've been receiving a lot of congratulations from everyone in the cinema room. Of course, Chaeyoung wouldn't miss the happy looks of her two best friends who somehow ended up together, Jennie and Lisa.

"You're so gonna get laid- Ouch!"

"Can't you just congratulate them normally, Lis?" Jennie hisses but somehow shifts her face to a soft smile at the couple in front of them.

"Congratulations to both of you. I'm so happy for you two."

"Thanks, Jen, and you too, Lis." 

And just like that, they went out of the cinema with a smile on their faces, but, of course, it wouldn't go easily without almost everyone around them saying their congratulations. The couple were happy as they made their way to the exit, and just when they were about to reach the car, Jisoo had once again tapped Chaeyoung's shoulders for another surprise.

Chaeyoung turned around, only to find something unexpected. The cinema where they were watching had congratulated them by using their cinematic fonts and displaying them for the outsiders to see.

CONGRATULATIONS TO KIM JISOO AND PARK CHAEYOUNG! 

In happiness, Chaeyoung turned around to face Jisoo with her eyes getting teary and smashed her lips in happiness at the raven.

It was a brief kiss, but both of them could feel it was filled with love, and when they broke it up. Jisoo had a lopsided smile on her lips as Chaeyoung spoke sincerely.

"Thank you. I love it. I love you, Jisoo. I'm so happy."

"I'm glad you like it." Jisoo whispered back.