Chaeyoung, I love you

HOME

 

I love you's

Today was the day. The day she'll finally confess to her best friend, Jisoo.

"I love you," Chaeyoung murmurs under her breath. 

Feeling how her heart starts to beat erratically. All the anxiety buried deep down on her came rushing up to her spine. God, she wanted to back down, and just bury her head in instant, but she knew she couldn't do that. 

She has to do this for herself. For peace.

Feeling the cold sweat on her palms. Chaeyoung could only bite her bottom lip in anxiety. A hobby that she does whenever she feels nervous.

What was wrong? Chaeyoung doesn't know. It's not like she and Jisoo just knew each other recently or like she's a nerd who has a deep huge crush on the prettiest girl and probably asks her out on the rooftop to have the perfect moment to confess. No, Jisoo and her weren't like that. In fact, the two of them have met for a long time and have been best friends for a long time, so why was she nervous?

Chaeyoung thought maybe it's because she's going to confess now. For real and tell Jisoo about her true feelings; that she wasn't kidding and she was serious when she spoke those three special words at random times. 

Chaeyoung snapped back at the reality when she heard a soft knock on her door before it swung open. 

Her best friend, Jisoo, stood up with a soft smile on the doorframe. 

Chaeyoung gulped, feeling the nervousness spreading inside her. It's not like Jisoo would bite her or probably kill her like how horror movies do. She was just plain nervous at the thought that she's going to confess for real real this time.

"Your Ma and Pa just told me they'll be out for today." Jisoo says, walking inside the room casually.

Chaeyoung looks up then down, gulping the lump growing inside , "Yeah." 

Jisoo who felt the sudden vibe coming off from her best friend. She takes the remote to turn it on before snapping her head at Chaeyoung who glances at her with confusion present both on her eyes.

"I actually ordered us pizza after hearing Mr. Park and Mrs. Park are out tonight... so movie night?" Jisoo asks, a gentle smile plastered all over her lips. Hoping the movies they'll be playing for tonight will cheer her best friend up.

Chaeyoung shifts a little bit on her position before taking the guitar that is placed not so far on her desk. She then hands it over to Jisoo with a soft smile.

"How about playing guitar instead of watching movies?" 

Jisoo shakes her head, "Both of us know really well that I couldn't play guitar."

"You're acting as if I didn't teach you the basics a few days ago." Chaeyoung grins before patting the seat beside her. 

"Come now, you ugly bunny." Chaeyoung says, grinning teasingly at Jisoo.

"You're so mean." Jisoo pouts then changes into a smile before taking the seat beside Chaeyoung. 

They sit on the floor in silence with Jisoo positioning Chaeyoung's guitar on her arms. Chaeyoung was at her side, admiring at the sight of Jisoo holding one of the things she cherishes the most.

Jisoo then starts to play with the basics and when she hits the fourth string, it releases a tone that doesn't rhyme with the rest. She furrowed both of her brows in dissatisfaction before shaking her head and tried it once again.

Chaeyoung only propped her chin in the palm of her right hand as she watched Jisoo silently with adoration and sometimes laughing when Jisoo makes a mistake about the basics she thought a few days ago.

“Thanks for coming Soo, I appreciate it.” Chaeyoung says, still propping her chin in the palm.

Jisoo looks back at her as she moves her fingers on the guitar, “Do I have a choice? I mean I bet you would’ve been sulking if I didn't come here.” 

“Hey, I wouldn’t sulk!” 

Jisoo snorts at that, “Yeah right. I remember you sulking when I choose to be with Jennie for one night instead of your house.”

Chaeyoung blushes, “I was not! I was only sulking, because Lisa didn’t bring me candies.” 

“Really? So Lisa was a liar when told me about you missing me all night huh?” 

Chaeyoung blushes a lot more. Her lips were now tightly sealed in embarrassment that she got caught. She took a mental note to choke Lisa tomorrow if she ever sees her in the hallway.

Jisoo laughs at Chaeyoung before falling in silence. Jisoo continues to play the basics despite the mistakes and Chaeyoung continues to watch, propping her chin once again in her right hand with adoration on her eyes. 

Chaeyoung wishes they could be just like this, but she knew deep down. She has to let this thing out from her chest to have peace. 

Jisoo who notices the stare coming off from her best friend. She stops what she was doing before handing the guitar to Chaeyoung. 

“I’m tired... play for me?”

Chaeyoung hesitantly looks at Jisoo before wordlessly takes them between her arms. She couldn’t say no to the girl she has loved since the beginning.

Jisoo watches Chaeyoung as she wordlessly plays the guitar with keys that Jisoo isn’t familiar with nor hear it.

“New song?” Jisoo asks.

Chaeyoung hums in response, “I wrote it.” For you.

Jisoo’s ears perk up with a smile, scooting over Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung chuckles at Jisoo's actions before continuing.

 

Look at the stars

Look how they shine for you

And everything you do

Yeah, they were all yellow

 

I came along

I wrote a song for you

And all the things you do

And it was called Yellow

 

“If you weren’t pursuing law just now. YG entertainment would totally accept you in a heartbeat.” Jisoo whispered as she listened. 

Chaeyoung smiles in response as she continues.

 

So, then I took my turn

What a thing to've done

And it was all yellow

Your skin

 

Oh yeah, your skin and bones

Turn in to something beautiful

Do you know

You know I love you so

 

“You know I love you so...” Chaeyoung finishes the last line with  a content smile before facing Jisoo who claps both of her hands at her with proudness all over her eyes.

“That was amazing, Chae.”

“Thanks.” 

Both of them share a smile and fall in deep silence once again. It was a comfortable one and Chaeyoung couldn’t help but to debate inside of her head whether to confess or not. 

“Hey Jisoo,” Chaeyoung starts, still not moving to not disturb Jisoo leaning her head on her shoulder.

She chooses the first choice. She's going to risk it.

“There is something I need to talk to you about.” She silently whispered before looking down at her fingers that are tangled with Jisoo’s.

“What is it?” Jisoo asks, whispering also.

Chaeyoung pauses, looking down both of their hands tangled together on Chaeyoung’s lap.

"I love you."

Chaeyoung could only look a little bit more down, avoiding Jisoo's eyes when she felt the brunette moving away from her shoulder. 

"What?" Jisoo breathlessly asks.

Chaeyoung swiftly looked to the side as she bites her bottom lip. Her chest is pounding erratically and the thought of losing her best friend over her silly confession is not helping to calm her erratically beating heart.

She couldn't afford to lose Jisoo. 

Feeling overwhelmed, Chaeyoung  wishes she's flexible enough to bury her head on the floor, so Jisoo won't see her eyes getting teared up over something small.

"Chaeyoung, look at me." Jisoo speaks, reaching Chaeyoung's arms.

The strawberry blonde shakes her head, "No." She whispered in a muffled voice.

"Come on now, don't be stubborn." 

"No. I look ugly right now." Chaeyoung replies while sniffling.

Jisoo chuckles before reaching out to cup both of Chaeyoung's cheeks on her palms. 

"Look at me, idiot."

"No..." Chaeyoung replies with a quivering pout.

"I love you too, silly."

"...What?"

Jisoo smiles. This time, a little bit brightly, and pulled Chaeyoung to look at her. When Chaeyoung did look at her, the brunette started to wipe the tears stain with a smile before looking right into Chaeyoung's eyes.

"I love you too, Chaeyoung and I have done so for a long time."

Chaeyoung blinks at Jisoo and Jisoo smiles a little as she looks down and captures Chaeyoung's hands on her own and laces their fingers together.

"I'm sorry I couldn't say it back then. I don't want to rush anything between us," Jisoo says while playing with her fingers on Chaeyoung before looking up bravely.

"I love you, Chaeyoung." Jisoo says it again.

Chaeyoung smiles in a quivering manner as she felt tears getting on her eyes again. Oh god, It feels like a massive weight lifted up off of her shoulder the moment she hears Jisoo loves her too.

"Oh , sorry. Chaeyoung, sorry. Oh my god, don't cry please," Jisoo says in panic as she swiftly tried to wipe the tears off Chaeyoung's cheeks.

Chaeyoung could only giggle before capturing Jisoo's cheeks with her palms and leaned closer to capture the brunette's lips. 

Jisoo widens her eyes in shock, processing all of the things that has happened, and when she regained and finally absorb the happenings. She kissed her back with full of emotion and circled her arms around Chaeyoung's waist when she felt Chaeyoung leaning a little bit closer making her lay down on the floor creating a small 'thud' and Chaeyoung on top of her.

Both of them broke the kiss when the oxygen became an issue and shared a loud laugh with happiness present on their eyes.

"I love you,"

"I love you too."