Chaeyoung and her Anthurium

HOME

It was fake.

 

Jisoo looks up from her laptop when she hears the front door open and then closer. Hearing the plastic ruffling altogether along with Hank and Dalgom's bark. Jisoo knew it’s none other than Chaeyoung. 

Deciding to finish it later, she sets aside the laptop, and walks into the hallway where she sees Chaeyoung taking off her shoes at the door with Hank wagging it's tail and jumping around Dalgom. Jisoo then switches her sight to the shopping bag that is placed down not so far from Chaeyoung.

"You're home." Jisoo says casually.

Chaeyoung flinched, startled at Jisoo's voice. She later on came back on her calm demeanor and acted like she didn't flinch just from a while ago.

"You're home early." Chaeyoung retorts back.

The brunette smiles a little, pausing for a moment when she sees Chaeyoung patting both of their babies who kept trying to jump and Chaeyoung’s hands.

"Well, I just want to come home early," Jisoo says, shrugging off.

Chaeyoung nods, slowly standing up from her position, then starts to walk Jisoo to give a light peck on the brunette's cheeks. Jisoo responded with a soft grip on the lawyer's waist, then proceeded to follow when Chaeyoung walked past her. 

Jisoo eyed the shopping bag from behind and saw the blonde gripping it tightly.

"What's in the bag?"

Chaeyoung pauses for a moment, staring at Jisoo, then raises the bag near her. Totally preventing Jisoo from seeing it.

"Nothing," The lawyer says, looking away from Jisoo's gaze.

"That doesn't sound like nothing."

Chaeyoung didn't respond and Jisoo narrowed both of her eyes at her wife and curiously followed the lawyer when she saw Chaeyoung trying to flee from the scene.

The lawyer kept walking, so is Jisoo. Her eyes glued at the shopping bag that the latter is gripping as if her life depends on it. Chaeyoung then pauses, making Jisoo bumped softly at the lawyer's broad shoulder on the back.

The brunette rubs her forehead softly and sees Chaeyoung placing the bag on the kitchen table and facing the brunette. A sheepish smile was prominent on the blonde's lips and Jisoo wonders why.

"Okay, so uhm. I happened to find this on my way home and you know, I thought of you since I accidentally killed the last one last week."

Jisoo furrowed both of her brows at what her wife told her. Leaning her back on the kitchen desk as she thinks over what Chaeyoung has said about last week.

Well, Jisoo does recall they had a movie date a couple days ago and during the cuddling session they shared together on the couch. An unfortunate thing happened.

A cockroach flew between them causing the both of them to jump together out on the couch faster than the flash. 

"Ya! Kim Jisoo! You traitor! How dare you leave me here!" 

"It's a cockroach! I'm scared!" The brunette yelled at the left side part of the couch.

Jisoo shakes her head in embarrassment, she was totally dying in fear when the cockroach landed on her hair and Chaeyoung was on the side, laughing, but at the same time, getting thrilled and in the end, the cockroach died in a horrendous death. Chaeyoung killed it, since the korean girl is too afraid to do so.

Or perhaps the lawyer is talking about how Jisoo almost killed Lisa when she tried to cook for her, or was it the time where Jisoo almost blew up the air fryer they had and tried to do picnic in their mini garden. 

"Be specific, Chae." Jisoo says, looking blankly at her lover.

The lawyer sighs then reaches out into the bag and brings out something Jisoo was totally not expecting.

Now she remembers what the australian is talking about. She's talking about the time they had picnic together in their mini garden and Chaeyoung accidentally killed one of Jisoo's precious plants that she took greatest care of. 

It was an Anthurium and it exactly looks like the first one Jisoo took greatest care of. Now, the korean knows exactly what Chaeyoung is talking about.

She spares a glance at Chaeyoung who's flashing a smile that Jisoo couldn't determine what is behind those lips.

"Why?" She asks.

Chaeyoung smiles a little, a sheepish one.

"Well, I know how much you really treasure your garden, Soo. And I know this isn't enough to replace the first one since that one really holds a lot of memories, and I'm really sorry for killing it. I swear I'll be careful this time around the garden!"

Jisoo blinks at her, trying to digest what Chaeyoung told her.

Chaeyoung smiles, but her smile starts to falter when she sees the brunette sighing then smiling at her as if there was something funny.

"Chae, I have something to confess..." Jisoo breathes out, the bottom of her lip.

Chaeyoung pauses, looking at her seriously, and the brunette could only feel bad inside her.

"That was fake. That Anthurium was fake, Chae. It's plastic." 

"What?" Chaeyoung gives Jisoo a look.

Jisoo starts to burst in laughter, "The plant was fake, silly." 

"Whaaat?" 

Jisoo shakes her head, her soft laugh is still present. The korean reaches out to hold both of Chaeyoung's hands and gives it a light squeeze, she looks up, meeting the australian's eyes.

"I told you it was fake, but it seems you forgot that it was."

"B-but you cried!" Chaeyoung whines as she stutters, pouting in shock.

Chaeyoung swore she could see sadness on the brunette that time, that's why she was mumbling endless apology and tried to make up for it, but it seems she was too engrossed on making up that she forgot Jisoo is actually trying to say It's okay, Chae. That plant is okay.

"Correction. I didn't cry. I was just trying to hold back my laughter that it made me cry when I saw your reaction." The korean says, still holding back her smile and laughter.

Chaeyoung kept mum, speechless on the sudden revelation. Jisoo took this as a chance to continue.

"Plus, I told you that plant is fake that time, but it seems you didn't really get it." Now the brunette bursted out a fit of laughter making Chaeyoung flushed in deep red.

In embarrassment, Chaeyoung took this chance to bend her knees slightly and bury her face at the crook of Jisoo's neck. Circling her hands around the korean’s waist.

The brunette could tell the blonde was pouting, hiding in embarrassment, so she stopped laughing, and planted a soft kiss at the back of the Lawyer's crown. 

Jisoo wraps her arms around the australian's shoulders and once again, planted a soft kiss at the back of Chaeyoung's crown. It took a couple of minutes of silence until Jisoo started to break the ice.

"Are you mad that I wasn't specific enough?" She asks, softly.

"No. I'm just embarrassed. That's it and also, It was my fault to begin with that I didn't listen enough." 

Jisoo smiles, not saying anything until she feels the australian pinching her waist. She hissed softly, throwing a what look to the australian.

"Still, you should have told me again." The australian says, pouting.

Jisoo laughs, "Well you should have listened clearly." She retorted back.

Chaeyoung just pouted, tighten her grip around the korean's waist, and looked up to  flash her infamous puppy eyes at the brunette.

"What?" Jisoo questions, looking at Chaeyoung.

"So can we keep the plants?" 

Jisoo once again flashes a big smile, "How can I say no when you actually brought me a real Anthurium?" Jisoo teases.

Chaeyoung rolls her eyes, pinching Jisoo’s side. Jisoo hissed, pouting at what the australian did to her.

"Yes, we can keep the plants."

Jisoo smiles when she sees Chaeyoung flashing a bright smile at her. Feeling a little bit overwhelmed to have the australian in her life, Jisoo leans a little closer, and closes her eyes. Both of their lips collided for a moment and Jisoo swore it was one of the best kisses she has ever shared with Chaeyoung. No lust, just pure love.

"Thank you. Chaeyoung.”