Jisoo, wake up

HOME

How about a rib eye steak date with me?

Chaeyoung woke up with Jisoo still sleeping beside her. And Chaeyoung could only gaze at the raven with a smile plastered over her lips. Jisoo looked so peaceful, beautiful, and adorable, and as much as Chaeyoung wanted to stay and enjoy the sight of her lover, she knew she couldn't when she felt something growling below her, hungry for food. 

Chaeyoung knew she had to deal with it, so she sat up with a soft groan in their bed before she tied her hair up and sauntered her way downstairs lazily.

The journey through the kitchen was in silence and, just when Chaeyoung was going to find Hank or Dalgom while she made her way to the kitchen. She noticed two figures and couldn't help but coo when she realized they were Hank and Dalgom sleeping together. Smiling a little bit, Chaeyoung shook her head to prevent herself from disturbing her two children, and reached the kitchen in her pink pyjamas. 

Chaeyoung was lazily moving her body as she gathered the ingredients she was going to cook. Today, she was going to cook rib eye steak, and Chaeyoung knew she'd get a bloated stomach early in the morning, but at this point, what she only cared about was feeding her stomach.

Before starting, Chaeyoung first fished her phone out of her pocket, and played the song to get her in the mood to cook. Starting with Taylor Swift's song shuffle, Chaeyoung hummed in delight before she moved her arm and started to pat the rib eye steak with paper towels.

Chaeyoung began grabbing almost all of the ingredients and arranging them on the table, and when she was done, Chaeyoung started to move her body and before she realized it, she had started dancing with the music while she prepared for everything. And if anyone, except Jisoo, saw her right now in this state, they would probably get creeped out, because really, who the heck would dance alone with Taylor Swift's music in the kitchen while cooking rib eye steak? 

Apparently, Chaeyoung does.

And Chaeyoung was enjoying every single bit of it. However, she bet it would be a lot more fun if Jisoo was awake to join her right now. 

With the music flooding into Chaeyoung's mind while she cooked. Chaeyoung had lost track of time and was only brought back to reality when she realized she had cooked for one more person. Right, she had gotten so used to cooking for Jisoo that she unconsciously made one for Jisoo even though the raven was sleeping in their room at this time.

Chaeyoung sighed. She doesn't really like to bother the raven in her sleep, but would Jisoo mind to eat rib eye steak with her in the middle of the night? Chaeyoung didn't know, but she wouldn't know unless she asked.

Before Chaeyoung realized what had occurred, her feet had dragged her upstairs, specifically in front of their room, along with two plates, both in her hands. Chaeyoung opened the door with ease using her foot, but almost kissed the floor when she tried to take a step. 

Thankfully, her reflex had saved her, and when she was done making fun of herself for almost kissing the floor (mentally), she gently laid the two plates on their nightstand table before she sat up and woke her lover up. 

Jisoo's eyes fluttered open lazily when she felt a soft hand gently pushing her shoulders for her to wake up. She released a soft groan before she fully fluttered her eyes open, only to find Chaeyoung sitting up in their bed with her lips curling as she beamingly stared at Jisoo.

"What's up?" asked Jisoo, who groggily sat up on their bed as she rubbed her eyes in front of Chaeyoung.

"I made you a rib-eye steak." Chaeyoung simply said before she turned her gaze to grab the plate.

Jisoo blinked, sleepy in her seat, trying to process what Chaeyoung had just said, and when she fully grasped what Chaeyoung had said to her, without thinking, she blurted out. "What?"

Chaeyoung sheepishly giggled before she repeated it. "I made you a rib eye steak."

"You made a rib eye steak for me?" Jisoo softly said, as if she was melting right in her spot, and Chaeyoung nodded shyly. "I did."

There was a brief silence between them and, just when Chaeyoung thought nothing was going to break the silence between them, Jisoo leaned closer, only for her to kiss Chaeyoung right on the lips.

It was a peck, but Chaeyoung could feel the tingling in her stomach when Jisoo did that. Jisoo giggled when she saw the stunned expression of her lover. 

"Thanks Chae." Jisoo whispered before she properly sat up, this time on the bed.

Chaeyoung responded with a big smile, but she immediately dropped it when she thought of something. "Hold on, wait. We aren't going to eat in bed."

Jisoo pouted, "Why not?"

"Because it's colored white and it's easy to stain. Let's eat on the floor instead. " Chaeyoung suggested and, without a word, Jisoo followed.

Both of them started to settle and before they could realized, they have started to talk about what came into Chaeyoung's mind to cook rib eye steak for the both of them. Chaeyoung, of course, told the whole story to her wife. Their conversation was quickly followed by some random chit-chat and jokes thrown in by none other than Jisoo. 

"I have a question," said Jisoo, who took a bite of her rib eye steak. Chaeyoung hummed in response, and Jisoo continued.

"How does a non-binary samurai kill people?"

Chaeyoung only stared at Jisoo in silence, waiting for her to continue. And Jisoo did continue, but it came with great laughter as she spoke. "They slash them." 

Chaeyoung, of course, got the joke and started to cackle in her seat. Jisoo was laughing in her seat as well, at around that time, despite not even saying a word to each other. Both of them looked so beautiful with smiles on their faces as they continued to talk about random things.

With time passing by so fast, Chaeyoung and Jisoo were finally done with their meal and when they were done, Jisoo initiated cleaning up their mess and Chaeyoung let her, as she tagged along, reasoning she was going to drink water, which is true. Jisoo didn't speak a word, but only nodded as she worked to clean the dishes.

Once done, Jisoo and Chaeyoung immediately made their way to their room, and when they finally reached that destination, Chaeyoung immediately cuddled herself into Jisoo's arms with a big smile on her face, and it was the same for Jisoo as she held the blonde closely to her. "Thanks for the meal. I had fun today on our little midnight snack date." Jisoo giggled under her breath.

"You're welcome..." Chaeyoung responded dreamily, feeling that sleepiness had finally visited her. 

Jisoo hummed before she pressed a kiss into Chaeyoung's head and before they realized it, both of them had drifted into a wonderland with their arms wrapped around each other peacefully.

"Good night."