Chaeyoung and Hank

HOME

Hank

"Oh," Chaeyoung widens her eyes in slight surprise upon seeing an unfamiliar dog barking at her. 

The dog was barking at her, more like in a playful manner, and the lawyer immediately got on her knees, bending down, and started to caress the dog as she baby talks.

"Who's a good boy? Who's a good boy? Yes, it's you. Yeah It's you! Such a good boy."

Chaeyoung giggled at its cuteness and started to roam her eyes around the area. The dog was placed on a cardboard box  that is enough only for one dog, one food, a plastic full of water. Chaeyoung could immediately tell it's abandoned by its owner when she sees a folded bond paper beside the food plate. 

"Hello, I need a home. I'm a good boy." Chaeyoung reads out loud as she spare small glances at the dog who's looking at her with a twinkle in his eyes. 

After reading the words on the letter. Chaeyoung blinks, folding back the paper, and shakes her head in disapproval. If they couldn't afford to raise the dog, at least put them in a proper shelter or hand them to people that are capable of raising the dog. Not just abandoned them in the streets.

"This is why dogs are better than humans." Chaeyoung murmurs, deeply sighing, then back at the dog whose barking excitedly. The dog then starts to jump around at Chaeyoung to try and her face, barking as she does so. The lawyer lets out a laugh and pulls her face away from the dog to stop the incoming attack of the cute dog.

"Wow bud, chill! Chill! sit!"

Chaeyoung managed to stop the dog from her, but the dog was still jumping around the cardboard excitedly, barking as he did. Chaeyoung smiles at the sight, taking something out from her bag, and the dog's excitement starts to heighten up when he sees what's in the lawyer's hands.

Snacks that Chaeyoung has on her bags in case of emergencies like when Dalgom gets hungry when Dalgom is with the Lawyer.

"Here," Chaeyoung says, opening the lid of the snack, and giving the dog a piece of it. 

The dog immediately barked in excitement then started to dig in at what Chaeyoung gave. Chaeyoung smiled once again, only staring at the dog who's busy devouring the snack she gave. 

She was supposed to immediately go home at this time, prepare some dinner, then feed Dalgom, but maybe that could wait. Right now, she could use some of her spare time to stroll with the new-found puppy in the park. 

"Well boy, it's just you and me today. Do you have a name?" 

The puppy looks up at her and barks. Chaeyoung hummed, nodding her head slightly, then tried to find a name around the dog, but to no avail. It seems like the dog has no name.

"You don't have a name..." Chaeyoung murmurs, her eyes never leaving the dog.

"Hank." Chaeyoung blurts out.

The puppy looks up at her and barks excitedly at Chaeyoung.

"Hank," She says again and the puppy starts to bark once again. Chaeyoung smiles, feeling a burst of happiness inside her when she sees the dog is liking the given name.

"Hank then," She says, "Well bud, do you want to go stroll around, Hank?" She asks, a slight hint of baby voice.

Hank wagged its tail and barks, Chaeyoung is going to take that as a yes.

Chaeyoung, then, starts to take the lead on the side, and free the dog out of the cardboard. Most of the walk goes smoothly as nothing out of the ordinary happens. It was amazing to say Hank immediately got used to Chaeyoung's presence and stayed true at what the note says. Though, there are times Hank gets a bit excited when people want to talk to him and Chaeyoung had to pick up dog once, but it wasn't that bad. 

It was tolerable, nothing new. It's not like she didn't experience picking Dalgom's dog around their house.

The lawyer was talking through with Hank still on the lead. The puppy was sniffling at everything he saw and would wag its tail, then speed up when he saw something that interested him. Chaeyoung, however, would just let herself get dragged by it and would smile occasionally when someone would pet the dog and would give Hank some snacks that she approves of.

As she was walking with Hank around the park, an unfortunate weather happened, and rained through the park making Chaeyoung widened her eyes in surprise and immediately picked up Hank on her arms despite being drenched from the rain.

The dog was barking, immediately taking the chance to the lawyer's collar bone up to it's cheeks. Chaeyoung closed her lip, trying to avoid it's kisses and finally saw a roof.

Immediately making her way there, Chaeyoung starts to shiver, and tries to move her hair away from her sight. She's drenched and so is Hank.

"Looks like we have to go home now, Hank." The lawyer murmured, putting down the dog with the lead on her left hand, and the other hand, the right hand, is busy fishing out her phone to call Jisoo to pick her up.

It took a couple of seconds until Jisoo took the call.

"Hi," Chaeyoung breathes out, "Can you pick me up here? I mean if you're not busy and I'm not bothering you here," 

"Sure. Don't worry, Chae. I'm free from hell now. Where you at?" 

"Uhm at the park beside my office."

"Alright. Expect me to be there in five minutes. Love you, Rosie." 

"Thanks, bye. Love you too, Soo." Chaeyoung says, smiling with her cheeks flushed.

The lawyer then puts her phone on the bag and shifts her attention at Hank who's jumping and playing with the rain. The lawyer couldn't help, but to smile, and remember her other baby, Dalgom. 

Dalgom was more like an opposite one to Hank. Dalgom was more like an introvert and Chaeyoung guesses Hank is a pretty extrovert based on the response he made during the time they hang out from a while ago. 

Chaeyoung was waiting in silence and would sometimes tug the lead, so Hank wouldn't get too wet in the rain and would get sick later on. The Lawyer doesn’t want that.

After a couple of minutes waiting, a familiar ranger rover appeared in front of them, and revealed a brunette with a transparent umbrella on her hands. 

Chaeyoung flashes a sheepish smile upon seeing her lover and Jisoo furrows her brows, her eyes filled with worry when she sees Chaeyoung's shoulders and hair are dumped with water. 

In instinct, she made her feet fast, handing the transparent umbrella to her lover, and took her blazer off and put it around Chaeyoung.

"Take a shower when you get home, okay? I don't want you sick." Jisoo says, placing her blazer properly at Chaeyoung, and smiling when she's done.

Chaeyoung smiles at her lover's antics, "Okay."

Jisoo nods her head and moves her head, and there, she spotted a dog that caught her interest.

Jisoo bends down a little and gives Hank a pat. 

"Didn't notice you there little fella. What's your name?" 

The dog barks at Jisoo and starts to jump at Jisoo to try the brunette's face just like what he did to Chaeyoung from a while ago. Jisoo lets out a heartfelt laugh, playing with Hank's fur. 

"His name is Hank." Chaeyoung says, looking at her lover interacting with the new-found puppy.

"Hank," Jisoo says, making the dog wagging its tail in excitement and bark.

"Hank fits him, Chae." Jisoo smiles, shifting her gaze at her lover. Chaeyoung looks at Jisoo, her eyes pleading, and even without fully explaining what's going on. Jisoo could tell what actually happened.

Jisoo turned her gaze away from the lawyer and looked at Hank who's fully wagging its tail. Still excited, though Jisoo didn't really do anything that excites him.

"Well,” Jisoo trails off, caressing the dog softly, and giggled, “Welcome to the Family, Hank."