Chapter 34

Reve Inc.

CHAPTER 34



 

Joohyun loves Seung-wan, she is sure that is the right word to call it: love. Because this precious person has made her feel loved as well, something that her previous partners didn´t and she thought that was normal, but now that she let the blonde enter her life she realized what love can be, what it can make you feel. For Joohyun, it started to feel like love since their first kiss and this started to only grow with every kiss after that one, with every hug, with every laugh and tease, with every cuddle and caress to each other's hair, with every light touch to their skin and the not so gentle grabs when they got a little heated. It felt like love everytime Seung-wan listened to her with a small smile, when Seung-wan cooked for her and let her see the vulnerable parts of her heart. 

 

"Who are you?"

 

Joohyun is aware of what love is now, so she is also aware of how big the regret will be if she ever loses it. That is why her heart feels tight, suddenly those eyes that gave her the most lovable look changed to reflect something different, something that Joohyun was not used to receiving from the blonde. A look with a mix of some confusion and disappointment, but mostly a look with pain and fear...the brunette knew exactly what that meant, it was fear of being lied to again, fear of Joohyun being some kind of traitor. The fact that Joohyun understood perfectly the reason behind that fear, just made her feel even worse.

 

She couldn't let this happen, it is all a misunderstanding of course, she has done nothing too bad. However, the second she heards Seung-wan´s voice to be restrained, she got really nervous. Nervous of blowing everything off because of her stupid half truth, nervous of losing Seung-wan. She doesn´t want that to happen, she doesn't want to hurt her love. 

 

Yeri was the only one to break the tension between the lovers...

 

“.”

 

“Wait wait wait, don´t look at me like that….I can explain, it is not bad as it looks like Wannie! This is part of my job!"

 

"Your job? Your job is to make reports about how your girlfriend performs at work? What is even going on here?! You two, explain." No one had heard this cold tone coming from Seung-wan before, it sounded so off character.

 

Joohyun's throat felt like it was closing, she could see all the details of Seung-wan's behavior, not only the obvious tone of voice but also the way her jaw was tight and her right hand was forming a fist. To anyone else it seemed as anger, to the brunette it was fear. Because she knew her love well and her love was probably thinking about various outcomes to come, in the possibilities of Joohyun not being really in love... Seung-wan was overthinking and having anxiety, and Joohyun just wanted to hold her girlfriend but that was probably not an option right now.

 

Yeri takes a deep breath and pinches the bridge of her nose, this was not supposed to happen and she suddenly has to explain everything, otherwise she feels a big misunderstanding could happen with the wenrene couple.

 

"Irene works here for the Quality Department, remember? Part of her job in that area is to give reports about the performance of the employees and evaluate them. What is the big surprise? She is indeed just doing her job."

 

“There are reports about us too.” Joy noticed the other papers on the floor, she saw her photograph and Sunmi´s as well. “Isn't that too much coincidence that she got to evaluate her friends too…?”

 

Two seconds of silence.

 

"I hired her." Yeri said.

 

"What…?" This was the question coming from Seung-wan, Joy and Sunmi at the same time.

 

"And what about this?!" Joy asked while pointing to the empty room. "Where is the CEO?! Why is there nothing here?"

 

"The room is too big and all I wanted was just a nice PC and a coffee machine that I couldn't even get..." Yeri murmured.

 

"Wait, what?" 

 

"I AM THE CEO, OK?!" Yeri pointed at herself. "My father is the founder and the one that made the investment but I will take full control once I graduate so the executive board does most of the job, ok?! My family thought it was better to hide the fact that I am still a college student to the degenerates of the board so I hid as my own secretary...also because I am a woman, and since I had to hide from the board I obviously had to do the same with the employees…”

 

To say that the three women were shocked was obvious, Joy seemed like she wanted to say something by the way she opened but there were no words coming out of her. It was Sunmi the one that decided to speak.

 

“You were our boss all this time?!”

 

“Yeah…”

 

“And you personally hired Irene to investigate us?!”

 

“Woah woah woah, not that. Well she did, but she did it with everyone. Ok, shut up and I will explain everything ok?”

 

The three women just nodded.

 

Yeri took another deep breath. “As you already know, Reve Inc. got a spy and it was the previous person in charge of Human Resources. Well, he wasn't the first and I knew it was not the last but trying to balance my work here and being kind of infiltrated with the other employees was not helping me in finding out if we got more than one. And when this round of trainees came I got curious about Irene´s professional experience and when she passed the trainee evaluation I sent her a letter to meet me.”

 

“Remember the day when I received my results?” Joohyun prompted, her words only directed to Seung-wan of course.

 

The blonde simply nodded.

 

“That day I received two documents, the results of the trainees and a letter from the CEO stating that she wanted to have a meeting with me the next day to discuss my job position and it specifically said that I couldn´t comment anything about it with another employee. When you were in the shower I called Seulgi to ask her a favor; to search for any possible information about the CEO, I was a little scared because no one knew the CEO in person but I didn't want to worry you either. To my surprise, Yeri turned out to be the person to ask for the meeting and ask for help in catching any possible spies in the company.”

 

“Since our dear Irene here has a wonderful record from her previous job, I couldn't think about someone better. And I was not wrong, it was thanks to her that we got today Lee Taemin after all.” Yeri quipped. “Listen, be mad as you want Wendy but she was just respecting her contract, after all I made her sign one that stated to not mention anything to another person working in the company. Of course, that clause is not possible now since you three came here…”

 

“I-I just...is just...you...this...this is a lot to take in…” Seung-wan sounded quite frustrated or maybe confused, they were not really sure. They all could see how she took quite a big breath and started to walk towards the elevator.

 

“Wa-wannie?” Joohyun tried to grab her hand but Seung-wan avoided it and raised her hand to open her palm, meaning she wanted Joohyun to not follow her.

 

“I just...I need a moment…” She resumed her steps and went to the elevator.

 

Something inside of Joohyun felt broken while watching the doors close, Seung-wan didn´t even saw her in the face.

 

Please don´t go...