Chapter 11

Reve Inc.

 

CHAPTER 11


 

Wendy was being sincere when she told Irene to call her whatever she wanted, for that moment at least, she completely forgot the reason why she disliked “Seung-wan” so much…

 

When she was a teenager her classmates made fun of her being actually a male, just because of her name but she knew that teens are always stupid and she endured it as much as she could. Unconsciously that bullying led her to try to be more feminine and wear a lot of makeup and to try some serious heels that she wasn't prepared yet to wear either.

 

Thankfully all of that ended at college, were she and everyone was just a zombie trying to survive the finals to care a about appereances or stupid high school nicknames. 

 

So, the bullying was not the reason why she banned her close friends of calling her Seung-wan for a while, it was because of an she dated during her years of college; because of the stupid asumption that “Seung-wan” is a male name in korea her boyfriend of 4 years lied to her during the whole relationship and she felt like the biggest idiot ever. The motherer always told her that he loved her korean name no matter what, so he saved her contact just as “Seung-wan'' and an emoji of a star, the star was because she can sing really well and he always told her that she could be an idol…

 

But long story short, Wendy graduated and got the job at Reve Inc., and during the first week she got to be friends with Joy and Yeri so they decided to lunch out of the building for once and daaaaaamn, Wendy was about to kill someone at the restaurant when she saw her boyfriend making out with a younger woman. Wendy felt like the biggest idiot when the other girl told her that the guy always told her that the “Seung-wan” on his phone was his brother talking to him…his brother, not even a friend, not even a female friend, the guy apparently cheated on her all those years and every time he got a text or call from her, the just pretended it was his brother with “family matters”. The audacity…

 

“You seem troubled…” Irene said while taking a glance at her desk neighbour that has a frown on her face.

 

“Yeah, I´m thinking about how to fix some reports here and there..” Wendy replied absently. 

 

Since it was about work and Wendy did seem concentrated on it, Irene let her be, she didn't want to be a distraction during the work schedule, they would have time to distract themselves later.

 

Is it too much if I ask her to take me home tonight…? Maybe this time we could kiss on the lips.

 

While Irene was happily dreaming about their goodbye kisses from the other night, Wendy was actually not concentrated at all, in fact she was remembering how she got so wasted with Yeri and Joy after finding out about her ex that they ended at 2am in a karaoke room singing the first opening of Sailor Moon...in spanish…

 

Un caleidoscopio es mi corazón

Luz de Luna guía mi amor…

 

¡Es el milagro del amor!


 

We were really drunk, I even believe I lost my voice the next day. Jesus maybe I am going too fast with Irene, I lost it the moment I saw her and I did it again when I kissed her hand...C´mon Wendy, get yourself together, she is a nice person and she likes you back, and she is like that from the very beginning, you need to be transparent and tell her your job position and why you didn't told her...try to do it before your hornyness gets the best of you and she could feel betrayed later…

 

“Wendy…?” 

 

“Um?” Wendy got out of her head only to notice until now that Irene was standing in front of her.

 

“Are you ok? I was telling you Yeri is waiting for us in the cafeteria…”

 

“Oh, I'm so sorry, I was spacing out…”

 

“Is ok, I know I am still a trainee here but if I can assist you with anything, I am here for you.” Irene gave her a small smile, she could see that whatever Wendy was thinking, it was stressing her out.

 

Wendy returned the offer with a grateful smile. “Is ok, really. I just need to solve some topics here.” Wendy grabbed Irene´s hand across the desk, they were aware to keep it professional during working hours and that the entire building had cameras so this is as much as they could get in the physical affection department despite the two of them sharing a cubicle. Wendy carresed Irene´s knuckles a little and Irene remembered the little kisses on her hand again.

 

“So...food?”

 

“Oh, right. Yes.” Wendy let go of her hand and they walked together inside the elevator, besides them it was empty, and before they arrived at the second floor Irene glued her eyes towards the elevator ceiling.

 

“Are there cameras here too...?”

 

Wendy got a little nervous by the question for some reason. Again, don´t let your hornyness get the best of you, idiot. “Amm yes, there is one in that corner. I think the only place without cameras is the bathroom actually...why...do you ask?”

 

“Such a shame.”

 

“...”

 

“I would love to pinch your cheeks cause you look so cute.”

 

And just as Irene stopped talking the elevator doors opened and she got out, leaving Wendy dumbstruck with a little blush in her face.

 

Damn it heart, don't beat so fast...

 

Wendy made her decision, she needs to tell Irene the truth and then she will make her an official girlfriend…

 

2 and a half weeks until the results for the trainees...