3C Meeting - Singing Contest

One Day At A Time

In Class 3C, the students are mostly rowdy and uncontrollable at times but they are good at heart. How can you contain a bunch of students when all the chaotic people are in their class? Usually, Xiaotang, Sunrui, Lu Keran, and Lin Fan get into trouble for behaving in such a way as to merit a reprimand. They are just hardheaded fools who sometimes break the school rules, and push the people's wrong button unintentionally. Sometimes it's just amazing how their Tang Laoshi was able to keep her cool for the past two years of being their class advisor. It wasn't an easy job; in fact, it was her most stressful years of handling them. She felt she was handling a hundred of naughty boys when in fact she works in an all-girls school. She doesn't want to get wrinkles and turns old because of the stress. So, this year, the third-year's last year, she promised herself she will keep her composure to whatever her class does.

Tang Laoshi called the class president, Dai Yanni to handle the voting of who's going to join the singing competition. Dai Yanni wasn't supposed to be the class president since she is also the student council president and having a double job, not that it wasn't encouraging but it is to lessen the burden of the student's task. Who was going to be the president? None of them wanted to volunteer. Not when you have your naughty classmates causing trouble.

"In the name of Buddha, please shut your mouth and listen to your president!" Tang Laoshi ordered, miraculously everyone settled down. "Dai Yanni, you can have the floor now." She gestured. She stood beside and just let them do their task.

Dai Yanni, the gorgeous student council, stood in front of them. It's undeniable that Dai Yanni is one of the top-notch pretty faces on their campus. The students fawn over her kindness, friendliness, and beauty. She often receives love letters even it was an all-girls school. Everyone knows she is straight but there are those students who are brave enough to confess their feelings for her. She just rejects them kindly, but at least those people who confessed had a chance to talk to her face to face. It didn't matter for them; they knew Dai Yanni would reject them. She isn't a snob person, in fact, she is well-loved by everyone; a perfect student in the eyes of the people. But to those who are really close to Dai Yanni, they know her well, especially class 3C. "Next week we'll be having competition from all year level. Each section should choose their competitor."

"Dai Yanni, how about you join the competition?" Xiaotang commented.

"I don't want to join for obvious reason." Dai Yanni replied.

"Class, please, she's the student council president and your class president already. Choose someone else." Tang Laoshi interjected.

Everyone was talking in their seats, arguing who should be their contender in their class. They shouted Ma Shujun's name, she was the most qualified to join the competition. Sadly, she declined because she has a sore throat. So, she is out of the list.

"Yuyan!"

"How about Yuyan?"

"I heard Yuyan sing, she's good."

"Yeah, choose Yuyan! Choose Yuyan!"

"YUYAN! YUYAN! YUYAN!"

Dai Yanni just looked at her classmates who were cheering for Yuyan to join the competition. It was irritating as it is because the class couldn't be controlled. They were like in a jungle full of wild animals.

When Yuyan heard her name being cheered, she growled in the class, she didn't want to join in the competition. Joining the competition isn't her thing, she doesn't want to sing in front of hundreds of students; she hates the spotlight. "YAH! I DON'T WANT TO JOIN!" She shouted.

"Yuyan, if you don't join then you're useless in this class," Jenny told her.

"Laoshi! Jenny wants to join the contest!" Yuyan shouted. "Jenny! Jenny! Jenny!" She cheered for her name that everyone imitated her.

"Jenny! Jenny! Jenny! Jenny!" They cheered.

"NO! I DON'T WANT TO JOIN!" Jenny grumbled in protest.

"Jenny! Jenny! Jenny!"

When Tang Laoshi walked forward, Dai Yanni had to step aside to give their advisor the floor; she knew it was time for a scolding. She banged the blackboard to order silence to her students and shouted, "BE QUIET!!" They settled down and lowered their voices until it quiet. The class advisor had to breathe deeply so she could lessen the stress her class is giving her. "How about you volunteer rather than pushing others who don't want to join?" She raised her left brow.

"Ranee Wang! Ranee Wang! Ranee Wang!" Xiaotang cheered, obviously, she didn't listen to what their advisor just told them a few seconds ago.

Dai Yanni rested her palms on her waist as she sneered at Xiaotang's stupidity.

"I'll kill you!" Ranee glared at her. Xiaotang just laughed.

"Aiyama, what a ," Dai Meng commented at the back row.

"In Buddha's enlightenment, would you please listen just for once?" Tang Laoshi massaged her nose bridge. The students sat properly and listened to her. "Since you can't be helped, this class is... I don't know where your brains are. You must've stepped on it," She looked each of them in the eyes, pondering of what to do to them. "I think all of you wanted to talk that's why you wanted to volunteer your classmates instead of volunteering yourselves. How about you tell the class who should join and tell us the reason why you nominate her to join the competition." Tang Laoshi gestured at Dai Yanni to take the floor for the nomination. "Dai Yanni, please have the floor. Let's see how this goes."

Dai Yanni bowed to her as she walked back in front of the class. "Ok, so let's be civil this time." She called their class vice president, Song Xinran, to write the nominees on the board. "Let's start from the last row and on and on and on, do you understand?" She gestured the pattern of whose turn to speak.

"Yes," Everyone replied.

Their classmate on the last row near the door stood up and said, "I'd like to nominate Sun Meinan because I like her voice and she sings well." Everyone agreed to her choice.

Xie Keyin nominated Nai Wan and Nai Wan nominated her in retaliation.

"Aiyama, I thought we're being serious here?" Dai Meng said.

"Well, I'm serious," Xie Keyin retorted. Everyone could feel the tension between them, so they chided them that the class was noisy again; their advisor had to bang the blackboard to order silence. They stopped the chiding and continued.

Everyone finished nominating their pick. The most nominated nominees were: Sun Meinan, Yuyan, Liu Yuxin, and Su Shanshan. Song Xinran told the nominees to stand up and face their classmates.

"So, who do you want to join the contest?" Dai Yanni told her classmates. "Raise your hand to vote for them."

"Aiyamaya! Why would anyone nominate for Shanshan?" Dai Meng complained; some students were laughing and others chided her for saying something so mean to Su Shanshan. "I'm joking!" She replied to redeem herself. But she really meant what she said.

"Laoshi, I don't wanna join." Yuyan sat down, she doesn't like to take part in the contest. She thinks it's crap to join in when the song she will sing is not her choice of song. She hated the idea of freedom to choose will be strip away from her. Also, she felt that she didn't need to show everyone her talent.

"I want to be clear; I don't want to force my students if they don't want to. We are in a democratic classroom, even though our country is not." She lowered her voice on that last part. "If you don't want to join, just say so." Tang Laoshi told them.

Sun Meinan also sat down because she didn't want to take part in the competition. Most of them made a fuss because Sun Meinan was obviously the best choice for the competition.

"God, just volunteer who really wants to join the competition," Tang Laoshi pleaded; she looked at the remaining students who were standing; she looked at Liu Yuxin, hoping she wouldn't back out.

"I don't have a problem joining or not joining," Liu Yuxin looked at Su Shanshan whose eyes were sparkling. She felt that Shanshan was really passionate about joining the competition, so she sat down and gave Shanshan the opportunity.

"Aiyamaya, Liu Yuxin is so kind," Sunrui whispered to Xiaotang. Then she realized Xiaotang was one of the students who nominated for Su Shanshan.  You...You... You voted for Shanshan. Aiyama, I really think something's wrong in your brain." She told her.

"What? Is it bad to vote for her? I think she really wanted to sing. Let her have the chance. I don't even think this class cares about winning."

"It's only you who doesn't care, dummy!" Sunrui replied.

"I don't really mind losing; I just want to see her sing on stage." Lu Keran heartily stated; she didn't really care about the competition.

Su Shanshan cried in happiness, she always wanted to participate in the singing competition since she was a child. Everyone was horrified when she was going to compete for their class in the singing contest; they knew they would lose.

Dai Yanni cleared . "Everyone, let's just cheer for Shanshan. At least, we have a representative." She knew they will lose, but who is she to judge about it? She didn't want to hurt Shanshan's feelings and just wanted her to be happy even though she is really off tune, but it's her happiness. Who is she to ruin her dreams? Dai Yanni is also at the point that she didn't care much about what their class will be, as long as they will participate in the competition. She pointed at Shanshan. "Do you have any words for our classmates?"

"I won't fail our class and I'll do my best!" Shanshan beamed.

"FOLLOW YOUR HEART!" Yuyan shouted as she clapped her hands.

"Wooo!! Go Shanshan! You can do it!"

"PISTE YAWA!" Someone shouted in a foreign language that nobody would understand.

Everyone just accepted and cheered for Su Shanshan, at least they have a representative, not entirely the best choice but at least they have one.

"Su Shanshan, Jiayou!"

"Jiayooooou!"

"Jiayou! Jiayou!"

"Wish you the best!"

"We believe in you!" Xie Keyin shouted as she banged her table. Their class advisor scolded her for doing it and she apologized for it.

"I'm not a catholic but Mama Mary is watching you, jiayou!" Bee Bee Huang shouted.

"AIYAMA! We're doomed!" Dai Meng remarked.

Everyone looked at her in a judgmental face; they chided her for saying something unpleasant to Shanshan.