You're Not?!

One Day At A Time

Dai Meng dragged the chair between Sunrui and Xiaotang who were in the circle with Lin Fan and Lu Keran; they were chatting about random stuff during their vacant period after their lunch.

"Lin Fan, I heard you're eyeing on someone," Dai Meng asked her.

Lin Fan was hesitant to answer because she was shy. "No, not really, I just..." She blushed.

"Aiyama, look at her face, so red!" Sunrui teased.

"Lin Fan slid a letter in that person's locker," Lu Keran spilled a little tea.

"Wow, she did?! Aiyama!" Sunrui exclaimed; she and Xiaotang were laughing, teasing her some more.

"Can I guess who it is?" Dai Meng looked at Lu Keran, she knew she'd get information from her rather than Lin Fan. Lu Keran was playfully looking at Lin Fan whether it was ok to tell them.

"No! No! No! Don't!" Lin Fan protested; blushing.

Lu Keran was cackling from her friend's red face.

"Aiyah, Lu Keran tell us!"

"Spill it, Lu Keran!"

Sunrui and Xiaotang were persuasive to know who it was.

"Let's play a guessing game, first round, guess the year," Lu Keran told them.

"This is easy," Dai Meng stated."3A," She smirked.

Sunrui and Xiaotang got more excited to guess who it was. They were laughing when Lin Fan was curling.

"Why are you so embarrassed about it? It's not a big deal," Lu Keran told her. "It's not a bad thing liking girls. Girls like girls like boys do, there's nothing new about it," She reassured her that there was no judgment as they were not different from one another.

"Yeah, so what? There's nothing wrong about us liking the same gender. I don't also care about everyone's opinions," Xiaotang's tone was firm. She wanted to reassure Lin Fan that it was a normal thing and nothing to be ashamed about.

"Right," Sunrui agreed. "I think the five of us are in the rainbow community," Her gaze was on Lin Fan then at Dai Meng.

"What do you mean the five of us?" Dai Meng questioned in a mocking tone.

"Aren't you a lesbian too?" Xiaotang queried.

"Huh? What made you say that?"

"Oh, we thought..." Lin Fan was as confused as everyone.

Dai Meng blinked a couple of times. "Wait, wait, wait. All this time, you all thought I'm a lesbian?" She was whizzing in laughter. Her friends were looking at her, puzzled. She even shed a tear when she laughed so hard. "Seriously, you really thought I'm attracted to girls?" She wept her tears from laughing.

"Really? Not even bi?" Sunrui asked.

"No," She replied. "What made you think I'm gay, like really?" Dai Meng was curious where her friends get the idea of her being gay.

Lu Keran leaned back on her seat and easily accepted that Dai Meng wasn't gay. After all, it was just an assumption because she radiates a gay vibe and is always hanging out with them.

"You're boyish like us," Sunrui answered.

"Oh," Dai Meng raised her eyebrows, she didn't know she acts tomboyish. "Hasn't it occurred to you that, maybe, the way I act doesn't define my uality?"

"I guess not," Xiaotang replied. She thought that other girls are very feminine that are attracted to girls.

"This is news for me," Lin Fan laughed, she couldn't believe Dai Meng isn't the same as them. Now it made sense, they never heard her share about her relationship or even liking someone. They just automatically assumed everything.

"Aiyama, why did I become the topic? It should've been Lin Fan. Let's go back to Lin Fan's crush!" She protested.

"Me again? I thought you're done grinding me that question," Lin Fan whined as everyone was ready to guess the mystery girl.

"So, she's from 3A... Who could possibly be in 3A that caught your attention?" Sunrui was thinking out loud, she was looking at the floor, shaking her right leg unconsciously.

Xiaotang was looking at Lu Keran, thinking of who it is. "I won't tell you, just guess," Lu Keran told Xiaotang.

"I am thinking," Xiaotang replied.

Dai Meng leaned back and rested her hands on her head. "This is a tough one, but I think I know who..." She closed her eyes to think.

"Feng Rouhang?" Sunrui asked.

"Ew?" Lin Fan replied.

"Haha! Harsh!" Lu Keran laughed. "No, it's not Rouhang. Level up your standards."

"Joey Chua!" Xiaotang answered as she pointed at Lin Fan.

"Too beautiful," Lin Fan's reply made them laugh because it's a fact.

"Not too high, a little lower," Lu Keran gestured as her words made Lin Fan laugh. Lin Fan thought Lu Keran is a little coo-coo in the head.

Dai Meng was thinking carefully who it was, so she didn't answer yet.

"Ahhh," Sunrui felt confident of her answer this time. "Aria Jin!"

Lu Keran shook her head.

"Aria won't even have the chance to read the letter," Lu Keran said.

"Huh? Why not?" Lin Fan asked curiously.

"She will get tired to read your long- letter."

"Hahaha! Crazy!" Lin Fan laughed, she did write lengthy letters to her crush, but it wasn't Aria who she sent the letters to.

Dai Meng pointed her index finger at Lin Fan, feeling assertive of her answer. "Liu Lingzi," She looked Lin Fan in the eyes without blinking. She knew she was correct because Lin Fan's gaze averted quickly. Plus, Lu Keran's laugh gave off the answer. "Wooo! Yeah!" Dai Meng did an air punch when she answered correctly.

"Ooh, wow, Lingzi."

"Oh, Liu Lingzi? What did you write to her?"

"Did you ask her out?"

"Did she reply to you?"

"Does she know that you're the letter sender?"

"Is she single?"

Lu Keran's brows furrowed when Xiaotang and Sunrui flooded her with a lot of questions. "God, you ask a lot of questions. I'm not telling!" Lin Fan declared, covering her ears.

"Are you sure she's into this route?" Dai Meng's question caught Lin Fan off guard; honestly, she hasn't thought of it if Lingzi is ok with this kind of stuff. It's not new to an all-girls school that the girls would date each other since there weren't any boys around. Usually, feminine girls date the boyish girls.

"I'm not quite sure but I'm not expecting anything to be honest," Lin Fan told them.

"That's good, you shouldn't throw yourself away from that easily. You might get hurt," Dai Meng said.

Xiaotang was pondering what Dai Meng said. She remembered something she did in the past that jeopardized her relationship with that person.

They realized some students were entering the classroom, so they changed the topic. They were talking about the recent popular animes like Kimetsu no Yaiba, Fire Force, Attack on Titan, and many more. Xiaotang argued that Naruto is still the best anime for her and told them how Boruto ruins the Naruto franchise for her.

"Are you sure you're not gay? Not even 20%?" Sunrui wasn't able to move on from Dai Meng's revelation about her uality. She had to ask one more time just to make sure of it.