Neck Pain In Your Area!

One Day At A Time

At the cafeteria where Dai Meng and her friends were seated, when they were about to eat their lunch, Su Shanshan courageously approached them and gave the lunchbox to Dai Meng. "Dai Meng, I hope you'll like it." Xiaotang, Sunrui, Lu Keran, Lin Fan, and Dai Meng were perplexed by the unexpected gesture. Dai Meng was hesitant to accept the lunchbox but Shanshan was smiling brightly, expecting her to accept it; it would be rude if she would not accept it. Dai Meng was looking at her friends who were as confused as her. Shanshan told Dai Meng to open the lunchbox, and when Dai Meng opened it, she saw cutely designed meatballs, cute panda rice balls, and other cute side dishes. Everything looked so cute that Dai Meng was hesitant to eat it; she could see the effort Shanshan put in the lunchbox. "Aiyama, this is... something," She paused and looked at Shanshan. "Thank you so much," She was thankful but she was skeptical. Su Shanshan left their table happy and satisfied by Dai Meng's reaction. When Shanshan was gone, Dai Meng closed the lid of the lunchbox and continued to eat her lunch. But her friends were looking at her expecting an explanation.

"Aiyamaya! What's the meaning of this?" Sunrui's nostrils widened, she felt something was going on between them.

"Dai Meng, is there something you haven't told us?" Xiaotang asked as she took a spoonful of beef curry in .

"No, of course not," Dai Meng answered plainly.

"I thought you hated Shanshan?" Lu Keran asked derisively.

"Why would I hate her? I sounded like a b*t*h for hating her without any reason."

Lu Keran nodded as she agreed to Dai Meng's statement.

"What's the relationship between you and Shanshan?"

"Classmate?" Dai Meng shot Lin Fan a scornful look on her face.

"Wait, didn't you say you're straight?" Sunrui pointed at Dai Meng, she remembered the latter came out to them as straight that they almost didn't believe her. They just assumed she was gay since she's hanging out with them. She realized that it wasn't the case, she couldn't just put a label on anyone based on appearance or who they hang out with.

Dai Meng grimaced by her friends' questions, none of those imaginations of them were correct. "Fine! I'll tell you what really happened," She massaged her nose bridge in defeat, she knew it'll be a hell of a story to tell. "But please let me talk first, then questions later," She told them. Everyone nodded as they were ready to hear her story. She pulled her phone that was in her pocket and started scrolling through the messages. "Well, where should I start first?"

================================

Dai Meng was listening to lo-fi beats music while doing her science homework when suddenly she heard her phone's notification. She looked at her phone and it was Su Shanshan who was messaging her.

[Shanshan] Hi~Β πŸ˜„

seen

[Shanshan]Β This is Su Shanshan. I added you here when I saw your name on a friend's post.

[Shanshan]Β By the way, that friend I'm talking about is Bee Bee.

Dai Meng wasn't surprised Bee Bee uploaded a video of them and posted it on social media and tagged all the people who were in the vlog.

[Shanshan]Β Am I disturbing you at this hour?Β πŸ˜‘

[Dai Meng]Β Yes

[Shanshan] Sorry, I won't bother you again.

What are you doing?Β πŸ˜‘

[Dai Meng]Β Homework

[Shanshan]Β WHAT?! WE HAVE HOMEWORK??
What homework??
When is the deadline?Β πŸ˜‘

[Dai Meng]Β Science
Tomorrow

[Shanshan] OMG! I better do my homework! I'll be right back.

Dai Meng didn't reply to the message. When she finished doing her homework, she took a nice hot bath, brushed her teeth, changed into pajamas, went to bed, and scrolled on her newsfeed before going to sleep. Then, her notification pinged.

[Shanshan] I just finished doing our homework.
Thanks for telling me. I'll be in trouble if I didn't make it today.
seen

Are you asleep?Β πŸ˜‘

-----------------------------------------------------

[Shanshan] Hello Dai Meng!
Friyay!!
I'm making Dimsum with my mother.
#share

What are you doing?

seen

Oh, you're not replying
I guess you're busy?πŸ˜‘

When Dai Meng saw the emoji, she thought Shanshan was annoyed at something she didn't know what it was. She even thought she was pissed at her for not replying.

[Dai Meng] Are you annoyed at something?

[Shanshan] Huh? What made you think so? πŸ˜‘

[Dai Meng] That emoji of yours

[Shanshan] What emoji?
Oh, this emoji πŸ˜‘
It means I'm confused or in question.

[Dai Meng] What part is in question or confused is that?

[Shanshan] Look at the eyes. They are like squinting.
I squint when I'm confused or questioning something

[Dai Meng] That's neither of the emoji for it. This is the emoji for confused πŸ˜• and if you're in question you can leave it with a question mark(?)
No need for unnecessary emoji.

[Shanshan] Oh! I didn't know hahahahahha

[Dai Meng] 🧐

[Shanshan] Is that a judging emoji?

[Dai Meng] Yes it is 🧐

[Shanshan] I'm sorry I didn't know about that emoji, I thought it was a confused emoji or in question emoji.

[Dai Meng] Search on the internet first πŸ˜‘

[Shanshan] hahahaha how mean now you're using it on me.
You know I keep using this emoji and I didn't know what it really meant. Maybe people are judging me for using it.
Or maybe they thought I was annoyed at something hahahah
Like you thought I was annoyed haha

Dai Meng?

Are you asleep?

Well, I guess you're asleep. Good night sweet dreams! 😊
seen

------------------------------------------------------

[Shanshan] Dai Meng, I just want to thank you when you saved me from embarrassment during the singing competition. If you hadn't come up the stage I could've cried in front of many people.

[Dai Meng] It wasn't just me, my homies were there too.

[Shanshan] But still, you came up first. You initiated so I'm glad you still care about me 😒

[Dai Meng] Secondhand embarrassment for us too
πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

[Shanshan] still...
Thank you very much πŸ˜³πŸ’–
seen

[Shanshan] Did you know I really like singing since I was 4 years old.

[Dai Meng] oh wow, no wonder you're so good at singing πŸ˜‚

[Shanshan] Oh, thank you. I'm practicing my vocals. I think I'm getting better.

[Dai Meng] damn, follow your dreams🧐

[Shanshan] by the way, I'm going to take a bath first so don't go away.
I'll be back.
seen

I'm back!
Did you wait for too long?
I'm sorry.

[Dai Meng] Wow that was fast
Did you even scrub?πŸ˜‚

[Shanshan] Of course I did! Hahaha

Shanshan accidentally sent a selfie to Dai Meng but deleted it immediately. Dai Meng saw the picture and scorned seeing Su Shanshan in a towel.

[Shanshan] Sorry! The camera just accidentally opened
Stupid app!!
Sorry it wasn't intentional
I SWEAR! 😫

[Dai Meng] OK. If you say so...

[Shanshan] I just wanna share, I'm going to Disneyland this Saturday with my family. Do you want anything?

[Dai Meng] Nope.

[Shanshan] I'll get you something even though you don't want to.
What Disney princess is your favorite?

Dai Meng?

Are you asleep?

Ok goodnight sweet dreams😊

------------------------------------------------------

[Dai Meng] I saw this inside my locker. I told you not to get me anything.

[Shanshan] I saw it and remembered you

[Shanshan] I saw it and remembered you. I think you look like Mulan, brave and strong, so I bought it for youπŸ˜₯

[Dai Meng] Thank you

[Shanshan] You're welcome 😊
Just wondering
Are you dating anyone right now?

[Dai Meng] No
We're in an all-girls school

[Shanshan] So, girls can't date girls is that what you mean?

[Dai Meng] No of course not
And please don't tell me I'm homophobic because I'm not. My friends are gays.

[Shanshan] Wait.
Zhao Xiaotang is lesbian?!😱

Dai Meng thought it was bad of her to out Xiaotang. Sometimes she forgets that her friends are not really out to everyone. She just assumed that everyone knows or her classmates just don't care about it. She doesn't want to tell if no one's asking. Xiaotang's s*xuality is not hers to share with others.

[Dai Meng] I didn't say every one of my friends. Brave of you to assume.

[Shanshan] Oh. I thought she is...

[Dai Meng] Why? Are you one of her fangirls?

[Shanshan] No, I'm not.
She's just...
unapproachable.

[Dai Meng] Unapproachable? πŸ˜‚

[Shanshan] She's so intimidating.
Also, I think she's bullying Ranee Wang.

[Dai Meng] Of course, you'll find Xiaotang intimidating.
Bullying Ranee? How so?

[Shanshan] Doesn't she keep annoying her in class? Ranee sometimes tells how she's annoyed by Xiaotang. So I thought Xiaotang was bullying Ranee.

[Dai Meng] I don't think Xiaotang would do something like that.
She's a goofball, not a bully.

[Shanshan] Are you protecting your friend?

[Dai Meng] No, it's just I don't see it that way. She's not that kind of person.

[Shanshan] Of course, because she's your friend. I understand.

[Dai Meng] πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

[Shanshan] Have you eaten dinner?

[Dai Meng] I'm eating now

[Shanshan] Ok, eat well!
seen

----------------------------------------------------

[Shanshan] Hi😊
What are you doing?
Busy?

[Dai Meng] playing video games

[Shanshan] ok, I won't interrupt you.

What game is that?
I hope you do your best in the game.
seen

Oh.. no replyπŸ˜”
I guess you're busy playing hehe πŸ˜…

------------------------------------------------------

[Shanshan] I'm in the city, trying some nice cheesecakes

[Shanshan] I'm in the city, trying some nice cheesecakes

[Dai Meng] Oooh that looks delicious

[Shanshan] Sorry for the late reply. I'm with my cousin.
He's handsome I can introduce you to him if you want.
seen

I showed him your pictures on Weibo. He said you're beautiful.
seen

Dai Meng rolled her eyes when she read the message. She didn't reply because she doesn't know what else to reply and she doesn't want to continue the conversation.

------------------------------------------------------

[Shanshan] Do you like cheesecake?

[Dai Meng] Yeah

[Shanshan] What kind of cheesecake?

[Dai Meng]Β Any kinds of cheesecakes
I'm not picky though

[Shanshan] You know, I really like our home economics class when we bake. It's my favorite!

[Dai Meng] Me too

[Shanshan] What's your favorite during our baking class?

[Dai Meng] I don't have any in particular...

[Shanshan] How boring
There must be a cake you like the most

[Dai Meng] cheesecake

[Shanshan] What kind of cheesecake? There are many kinds of cheesecakes

[Dai Meng] cheesecakeS

[Shanshan] Ah, ok...
Mine is when we were baking Black Forest Cake

[Dai Meng] Ah
I like that too

[Shanshan] I really like baking a lot!
Aside from singing, my hobby is baking at home.
I bake with my mother. She teaches me how to bake.
seen

-----------------------------------------------------------

[Shanshan]Β Your favorite treatπŸ˜‰

[Shanshan] Your favorite treatπŸ˜‰

seen

------------------------------------------------------

[Shanshan] Dai Meng
Can I ask a question? 😁

[Dai Meng] ok, go

[Shanshan] How was Lin Fan after the confession?

[Dai Meng] She was turned down, of course, she's sad.

[Shanshan] Lingzi was being inconsiderate for walking out on the stage. It kind of embarrassed Lin Fan.

[Dai Meng] I can't blame Lingzi either... She has a right for getting mad at us. We didn't think it through whether she likes that kind of gesture.

[Shanshan] If I were Lingzi, I wouldn't turn down Lin Fan

[Dai Meng] You are you, and she is Lingzi... So... πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
Do you like Lin Fan? I can tell her😏

[Shanshan] No

[Dai Meng] ...

[Shanshan] But I like someone though 😳

[Dai Meng] πŸ‘€

[Shanshan] But I won't tell😜

seen

------------------------------------------------------

[Shanshan] History class is really boring. I hated it so much.

[Dai Meng] I didn't pay attention in class

[Shanshan] Obviously
You kept spinning your pen on your thumb

[Dai Meng] Ew stalker

[Shanshan] In my defense, I was bored!
So I was looking at everyone too

[Dai Meng] I saw you too

[Shanshan] What?!
You did?? 😳

[Dai Meng] How can I not?
We're classmates
Also, I got tired of seeing your face everyday hahaha

[Shanshan] How mean! 😑
You really like bullying me, you know?

[Dai Meng] I'm kidding!
πŸ₯³

------------------------------------------------------

[Shanshan] I realized something. You're so mean to me in class
Do you hate me? πŸ˜₯

[Dai Meng] Huh?
Of course, not. I'm just joking.

[Shanshan] So, you don't really hate me?😳

[Dai Meng] As if you did something bad to me, then, why would I?
πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

[Shanshan] So, you like me?

[Dai Meng] 🧐

[Shanshan] I mean as a classmate

[Dai Meng] Well, I'm starting to hate you now

[Shanshan] You're being mean again to me 😭

[Dai Meng] Oh, I can be meaner😈

[Shanshan] πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”
Why are you like this?😭

[Dai Meng] You're such a cry baby.
I was just kidding jeez...

[Shanshan] I don't like it when people are so mean to me πŸ˜”
I hope you can lessen being mean
I get that you're just joking. But not all people are as tough as your friends when you're fooling around

[Dai Meng] Ok. Sorry.
I'll try to tone it down...

[Shanshan] It's ok. I just don't like it when you're like that
seen

------------------------------------------------------

[Shanshan] Hi, Dai Meng😊
How are you?
Look at my nail art. I painted them myself. πŸ˜‰

[Dai Meng] CuteBut you know we're not allowed to have colored nails at school

[Dai Meng] Cute
But you know we're not allowed to have colored nails at school

[Shanshan] I know
I'll only take this off IF I get caught😜

[Dai Meng] I didn't expect you're naughty

[Shanshan] I can be naughty😏

[Dai Meng] oh wowNow, you're sending me selfies?

[Dai Meng] oh wow
Now, you're sending me selfies?

[Shanshan] Sorry!!!😭
No!
😭😭😭
It was a mistake!😭
I accidentally sent it😭
Sorry!😭I was supposed to send you this

[Dai Meng] lolπŸ˜‚

[Shanshan] Seriously
I'm telling you the truth!😭

[Dai Meng] If you say soπŸ˜‚

[Shanshan] Well, since I already dropped a picture
Why not drop more since I feel pretty today

[Shanshan] Well, since I already dropped a pictureWhy not drop more since I feel pretty today

[Dai Meng] Post it on Weibo

[Shanshan] I'm shy

[Dai Meng] Well, you sent it to meΒ πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

[Shanshan] I'm not shy when it comes to you😳

[Dai Meng] OKπŸ‘

[Shanshan] Fine
I'll post it on Weibo
seen

------------------------------------------------------

[Shanshan] I saw you chop a watermelon with your bare hand.
Scary😱
You look so cool though

[Dai Meng] Ew stalker hahah

[Shanshan] No.. I wasn't 😳
I was passing by the corridors and saw you in the martial arts club
seen

------------------------------------------------------

[Shanshan] I saw you quite chatty with Eliwa

[Dai Meng] Why not?

[Shanshan] Is there something going on between you two?

[Dai Meng] Umm.. friends?

Should there be something else? 🀨

[Shanshan] Yeah
HeheπŸ˜…
No

If you say so...
seen

------------------------------------------------------

[Dai Meng] Good morning

typing...

[Shanshan] Good mood?
Did you get a girlfriend?

[Dai Meng] What?
No
I wasn't finished typingΒ πŸ˜‘

[Shanshan] Oh πŸ˜… hehe

[Dai Meng] I want to thank you for helping me with my art yesterday

[Shanshan] Oh it was nothing
I like you so I helped

I mean I like your art
I LIKE YOUR ART!😳

[Dai Meng] Ew?

[Shanshan] I'm kidding!!
I meant your art!
I feel you have potential in art too.
I think your art will be chosen to compete in the upcoming art contest.

[Dai Meng] ah thanks
But I don't think so...
I almost didn't finish it if you didn't help.
Yuyan's art will be chosen, for sure.

[Shanshan] But I like yours πŸ˜‰πŸ’–

[Dai Meng] thanks

------------------------------------------------------

[Shanshan] I thought you went to the glee club because of me hahaha

[Dai Meng] Ew no hahah
I went there to give Zuo Zhuo something

[Shanshan] So now you're also friends with Zuo Zhuo?

[Dai Meng] So?

[Shanshan] By the way, what did you give her?
seen

Nevermind
I don't wanna pry
seen

Do you like Zuo Zhuo?

[Dai Meng] You know you're so nosy?
Yes, I like her as a friend.

Why does it concern you who I'm friends with?

[Shanshan] sorryπŸ˜”
I just got jealousπŸ˜₯

[Dai Meng] What? 🧐

[Shanshan] It's because they are close to you and it seems like you're nice to them. Sometimes you're mean to me. We don't also really talk a lot at school. I just wanna be close with you just how they are to you.

[Dai Meng] Did you see the post on Weibo? There's a fight happening in the 2nd year in class B.

For sure, they'll get a suspension for it.
I sent a link. Look at that...
LINK

[Shanshan] Oh really?
I saw the video.
Yup, they'll be suspended for it. We third-year students are only chaotic in class but not as problematic as them.

You know you're so good at changing the topic.

seen

------------------------------------------------------

[Shanshan] Dai Meng
seen

Am I annoying?
I guess I am annoying πŸ˜”

[Dai Meng] Yes you are

[Shanshan] I'm sorry πŸ˜”
I'm like this when I like someone
I don't easily like people

There's just something special about you 😳
seen

You just seened my messages againπŸ˜₯

[Dai Meng] Jesus Christ, I just don't know what to reply to that.
What do you want to hear from me?🀨
Seriously, what kind of answer do you like to hear??

[Shanshan] No, it's fine.
I guess this is one-sided after allπŸ˜”

seen

------------------------------------------------------

[Shanshan] Sorry if I got creepy last night.

I didn't mean that.

Can we pretend I didn't send you those stupid messages?πŸ˜”

seen

------------------------------------------------------

[Shanshan] I hope you're doing fine
Good night Dai Meng

My friend 😊

------------------------------------------------------

[Shanshan] Look!
oreo cheesecakeΒ πŸ˜‹

[Shanshan] Look!oreo cheesecake πŸ˜‹

[Dai Meng] πŸ‘

[Shanshan] I want to try your favorite cheesecake but I remembered you're not picky when it comes to it, so I ate this!Β πŸ’–
seen

------------------------------------------------------

[Shanshan] I can't choose which frappe to buy so I bought twoΒ πŸ’–

Shanshan kept messaging Dai Meng, but the latter doesn't reply because she has nothing to say to her

Shanshan kept messaging Dai Meng, but the latter doesn't reply because she has nothing to say to her. And lately, Shanshan's messages pisses her off. Dai Meng doesn't want to assume but she could feel Shanshan's dramatic Weibo posts were about her.

================================

Dai Meng closed her messaging app after she read out loud and showed the pictures of their conversation to her friends.

"Wait, so, Su Shanshan has a crush on me?" Lin Fan asked; her friends were grimacing at her for not listening to Dai Meng.

"Lin Fan, did you drop your brain somewhere? We might have stepped on it. Pick it up!" Sunrui was pointing at the floor, ridiculed by Lin Fan's IQ.

"But why did she ask about me?" Lin Fan was still not over it. Dai Meng, Sunrui, Xiaotang, and Lu Keran were glancing at each other about who is going to explain it to her one more time.

"Lin Fan, baobei, listen..." Xiaotang exhaled. "It was just an introduction message, so Shanshan could have a topic to talk about and connect it to herself. When she said she liked someone, that wasn't you, you dummy! That was Dai Meng!" Xiaotang was examining Lin Fan's face if she understood it.

"Ahhhh..." Lin Fan said with a whole realization on her face. Her friends were relieved that she finally understood it.

"Maybe you flirted back, that's why she's like that," Lu Keran told Dai Meng who was busy rereading their conversation just to be sure that she didn't give her any slightest chances that would be considered as flirting.

"No, not a bit. I was being mean, and by being mean I mean my usual self," Dai Meng scrolled on her phone as she was reading the conversation. "Nope, I never gave the slightest opportunity for her to flirt. I made sure I drew the line."

"Well, she did say she wanted to be friends," Xiaotang interjected.

"I doubt. She'll keep pestering you if you won't make it clear to her. She will expect something from you," Sunrui looked at her plate and there's still plenty of food left. She looked at her friends' plates, they've finished eating their lunch. "Aiyamaya, we were so busy gossiping that I forgot to eat."

Lunchtime was almost over, Lin Fan and Lu Keran stood up to put their trays on the tray counter while Sunrui was still eating her lunch. Dai Meng was busy rereading the conversation while Xiaotang was looking at her friend with a somber expression. She knew the feeling of stepping out of the line because one could not read the situation properly. "Good luck with that." She patted Dai Meng's shoulder and stood up to put her tray at the tray counter.

When Dai Meng was cleaning her plate and picked up the lunchbox, she noticed a pink sticky note under it.

I want to talk to you privately in the music room after school.
- Shanshan

When Dai Meng read the note, she knew what she was going to do.

"Aiyamaya, how sweet. You got a note under your lunchbox!"

Dai Meng forgot Sunrui was still eating her lunch beside her. She stood up and left her alone.

"Oi! Wait for me! Haiyaaaa!" Sunrui almost choked when she ate hastily.

That day, they didn't have a club activity so all students left after school. Dai Meng went to the music room as what was stated on the note. When she arrived there, she saw Shanshan facing the window looking at the lower grounds where students were walking out of the schoolyard. Dai Meng closed the door and walked beside Shanshan.

"I wasn't expecting you'd really come."

Dai Meng looked at her, reading her expression. "Why wouldn't I come?"

"Because you hate me," Shanshan finally looked at Dai Meng. Her eyes were filled with worries.

Dai Meng scowled at the word. "Hate? I think that's exaggerating. Also, if I hate you so much. I wouldn't have come and just made you wait here."

"Well, I guess you're right," Silence filled the room and they were waiting for who's going to talk first. But since Shanshan was the one who told her to come, she's still figuring out what she should say. She hasn't thought enough about what she was supposed to tell her because she was scared of telling it to Dai Meng.

"I like you." The words finally came out of Shanshan's mouth.

Dai Meng wasn't surprised that this was going to be a confession after all.

"Not just as friends."

"I know."

"I also know you don't like me."

Dai Meng didn't reply, she just waited for Shanshan to finish so she could tell her how she felt too.

"I may be annoying at times, but, this is just me expressing my likings for you. When you saved me from the embarrassment on stage, I saw you in a different light. It was nice to see that you're not all meanie like you always show. But sometimes I feel you have eyes on someone, based on how soft you treat them. I can tell because you act mean to me but not to them. I wanted to be friends with you like how you are close to everyone else. I'm quite jealous... Because I want that kind of closeness too..." Shanshan pursed her lips as she looked at Dai Meng who was rubbing the back of her neck with a scowling expression on her face. "Or I hope we could have something more..."

Dai Meng closed her eyes as she tried her best to keep her composure. She gathers her thoughts first before saying them. She didn't want to say something so bad that could also hurt Shanshan's feelings. She was being considerate of her.

"You don't have anything to say, or are you going to change the topic again?" Shanshan joked trying to lighten the mood, but little did she know that her words pushed Dai Meng's red button.

"O-ho! Su Shanshan, I have a lot of things to say. First of all, read the room first whether the person wants to be friends or not. I know you have a good intention but sometimes you just can't read the situation."

"I thought there was a little hint when you saved me back at the–"

"–I was being considerate!" Dai Meng raised her voice that it startled Shanshan. Dai Meng apologizes as soon as she noticed Shanshan's change of expression, her eyes were teary. Dai Meng tried her best to manage her tone calmly. She sighed. "Anyone could have done it. I was being nice. Maybe being nice gave you the wrong idea. Also, when saying nice things even just a good morning greeting. How can that be a sign that I got a special someone in my life? I didn't know it was the basis. And you don't have to keep prying into my life of who I'm friends with, whether I like them in a romantic way or not, it's just none of your business. I'm a frank person. You keep asking me whether you're annoying, and my answer is YES! It was crystal clear. But I guess you keep misreading the situation. You said I was mean but you provoked me to say mean things to you just to be clear. I drew a line and it was clear." The words finally pierced Su Shanshan because she cried, and maybe, Dai Meng thought that Shanshan finally understood it. "Shanshan, I can offer you friendship but don't force it. Let it flow and see where it goes. That's how you make friends. It also annoys me when you tell me I just seened your messages. How am I supposed to reply to things I'm not interested in? I'm not that kind of person, when I don't like it, I DO NOT really like it." Dai Meng gave Shanshan a small pack of tissue that was in her pocket. Shanshan accepted the tissue and wiped her tears. She was sobbing from being hurt. She knew she was annoying at times, but she didn't know that Dai Meng was pissed at how she acted. She couldn't help herself acting that way because she didn't know until it was pointed out to her how annoying she was. It was a lesson for her that she needs to be mindful of how she approaches other people and not expect anything from them. After all, building relationships isn't easy as it looks on TV or in fan fiction.

Dai Meng didn't help her wipe her tears, she's afraid that she'll confuse Shanshan with the action and might misread it again. She had to keep the line between them.

Β 

Β