Unvaccinated Kid

One Day At A Time

It was math class in class 3C, the teacher was lecturing about angles and tangents and how to solve it given an equation of the given problems in their book. The teacher was teaching them step-by-step on how to solve the problems. Of course, the only students who participate in class are the first row students. He didn't mind as long as there are two or a few students who answer him back, they are good to proceed with the lecture.

"Ok get a whole piece of yellow paper," The math teacher instructed.

They were going to solve a problem from the book together, so before the school year had started, he required the students to buy an A4 size yellow pad for the problem-solving seatwork.

Xiaotang didn't have a yellow pad, she didn't bother to buy a whole pad just for math class; she knew she wouldn't be able to solve the problems. So, she tapped Ranee Wang who was sitting in front of her.

"What?!" Ranee asked in a pissed tone; she dislikes Xiaotang because the latter keeps pestering her for some reason. Sometimes she has thought if Xiaotang is really loved by her parents at home because Xiaotang keeps annoying her as if the latter craves attention; maybe she lacks attention at home.

"Geez, it's still early to get irritated," Xiaotang remarked.

Ranee breathes-in and breathes-out to calm herself. "Ok, what?" She said in a nicer tone.

"Can I have a piece of paper?... Ah, no, make it two," She grinned.

Ranee tried her best to be calm. "Here," She handed two pieces of yellow paper to Xiaotang.

"Thanks!"

A minute later, Xiaotang realized she left her pen at home, so she tapped Ranee Wang again. "Ranee, Ranee..."

"What now?" Ranee glared

"Can I borrow your pen? I forgot mine at home," Xiaotang said in a cute voice but it only irritated Ranee.

Ranee angrily opened her pencil case and to get an extra pen and slammed it on Xiaotang's desk, it even startled the students who were near them. Their math teacher glanced at their area but didn't mind them and continued writing on the board.

"Zhao Xiaotang, you're rich yet you can't buy your own pen; a pen costs 1 Chinese Yuan, and for sure you can afford to buy a Swarovski pen," She scolded her. It was the truth. Zhao Xiaotang can afford to buy even the most expensive pen in the world; yet, she just chooses to forget her pen at home because she knew she could borrow one from class.

"Geez, so stingy," Xiaotang muttered.

"What did you just say?" Ranee raised her left brow, annoyed.

"I said thank you," Xiaotang smiled, her eyes formed like a crescent moon. And when Ranee turned away, Xiaotang stuck her tongue to mock her.

When everyone was on their books, solving, Lu Keran had a hard time finding the page of the problem. She kept turning the pages back and forth yet she couldn't find the page.

Xiaotang looked at Lu Keran who was in distress finding that missing page. Did Lu Keran forget what she did to those pages?

"Didn't you remember?" Xiaotang asked; she has to make her remember what she did to the pages on her book.

"Remember what?" Lu Keran was oblivious.

"You tore the pages to make origami cranes."

"Oh, , I forgot about that," Lu Keran held her head in regret; she wondered what got into her head when she ripped off the pages to make origami cranes. Was she out of her mind? Did she forget to eat breakfast at that time?

Lu Keran was insane for doing it.

A couple of seconds later, Yuyan just arrived in their classroom. A while ago, she asked permission from their teacher that she would go to the toilet; she walked in quietly at the back.

Xie Keyin who was sitting in the last row noticed Yuyan coming in, she was curious about what was Yuyan holding behind her back; she thought she went to the canteen to buy food. "What's that on your back?" She asked.

Yuyan dropped the indoor shoe on the floor.

Xie Keyin was disappointed; she thought it was food. "Whose shoe is that?" She was curious.

Yuyan was about to kick the shoe to Dai Meng but their teacher turned around and looked at her. "Ms. Yu, what are you doing? Go back to your seat."

Yuyan didn't continue what she was about to do and went back to her seat immediately. She was observing what everyone was doing and snatches the whole yellow pad from Jenny Zeng who was sitting in front of her, solving the math problem.

"Hey!" Jenny complained.

Their classmates were looking at them, expecting that they would be scolded.

"What's that noise?" The teacher chided while he was writing on the board.

Yuyan's heart skipped a beat; she thought their teacher was going to scold her. But when the teacher didn't turn around, she continued what she was doing.

"What are you doing? Give me back my pad," In retaliation, she reached out to pull Yuyan's hair. The chair made a dragging noise when she moved.

"I can hear your rumpus," The teacher warned while he was writing on the board.

Some of their classmates glared at them and chided them for destructing the class.

Dai Yanni who was sitting in front of Jenny warned her about their behavior; Jenny was sorry for it, meanwhile, Yuyan pretended like she didn't do anything wrong.

"How greedy," Yuyan muttered. "I just want to copy your answer," She told Jenny who was glaring at her.

Jenny grabbed her yellow pad back and pointed at the board. "The answer is already on the board, just copy it!" She told her in a low-voice-yet-pissed-tone.

"Ah," – is the only word she said; she grinned at Jenny who rolled her eyes at her in annoyance. If Jenny could describe Yuyan, she could describe her as the spawn of Satan. Yuyan's existence annoys the out of her. Sometimes she has thought that, maybe, there was something wrong with how Yuyan was raised.

Is she not given the right amount of attention at home?

Is she the middle child?

Is she not fed proper nutritious foods?

Was she ever given a vaccination?

Jenny Zeng couldn't comprehend Yuyan's annoying behavior.

Jenny brushed it off like she always does. She sat properly as she continued copying the answers on the board solved by their teacher; it was peaceful and the class ran smoothly.

But there will always be that one classmate who was probably an unvaccinated kid who disrupts the class.

Xie Keyin smelled the indoor shoe that Yuyan left; she also made Nai Wan smell it, in reflex, Nai Wan shoved the shoe off her face        

Xie Keyin smelled the indoor shoe that Yuyan left; she also made Nai Wan smell it, in reflex, Nai Wan shoved the shoe off her face. It fell; they started kicking it back and forth like it was a soccer ball. When Xie Keyin kicked the shoe, it rolled to Sun Meinan. Sun Meinan was baffled by the shoe, so she looked behind her, Xie Keyin signaled Sun Meinan to kick back the shoe; Meinan back-kicked the shoe to Nai Wan.

The two continued as they were chortling while playing soccer at the back. This time, when Xie Keyin accidentally kicked the shoe harder that it slid meters away from them, and it stopped at Dai Meng, one of the naughty girls in the class.

Dai Meng looked at Xie Keyin who signaled her to kick the shoe back to them.

Of course, she didn't kick back the shoe to them; instead, she kicked it to Lu Keran.

And thus, the saga continues.

Lu Keran kicked the shoe to Lin Fan who was also game on to whatever shenanigans her friends were at.

When the shoe rolled under her desk, she kicked it to Yuyan.

Lu Keran informed Xiaotang about the shoe kicking game and Xiaotang also told Sunrui about it.

Yuyan was surprised when the shoe that she left in the back row finally reached her. She covered trying hard to control herself from laughing. She looked at Lu Keran who was telling her to kick it to the next person. When Yuyan kicked the shoe to Bee Bee Huang, she kicked it hard that it slid to Liu Yuxin.

Liu Yuxin clicked her tongue in annoyance; she knew her chaotic classmates were up to no good again.

They were signaling Liu Yuxin to join the game and kick the shoe back to them. But of course, Liu Yuxin is a goody-two-shoes kind of person. She picked the shoe and put it on Bee Bee's desk. "I'm not participating," She said. It wasn't surprising that she didn't participate in their stupid game. She doesn't want to get caught for doing foolishness in class.

Zhao Xiaotang and Sunrui were eyeing the shoe. They were excited for their turn to kick the shoe.

Xie Keyin and Nai Wan were just watching the shoe since they were out of reach of it; they could only observe from afar. Even Meinan and Han Dong were watching where the shoe kicking goes.

Somehow, Dai Meng knew their math teacher who has an anger management issue will get angry any time soon. She was just waiting for the perfect timing when her classmates will get caught; and she's ready for it.

Bee Bee Huang was going to kick the shoe to Sunrui, she even adjusted her sitting position to set herself so she could have a good shot. But when she kicked the shoe, the power and angle of her kick went wrong. The shoe flew and landed on the teacher's table.

The students who were in the front row, especially Dai Yanni and Song Xinran were startled when they saw the shoe landed on the table.

Dai Meng's eyes widened, this is what she has been waiting for.

Everyone was bracing themselves to be scolded by their teacher.

They knew what was coming for them.

The teacher put the chalk down and turned around to find a shoe on the table. "I know you don't like my class but I hope you could have given me a bit of respect!" His anger was starting to rise, he's trying not to, but he was at his boiling point. "Whose shoe is this?" He asked. But nobody answered; they don't know who owns it, no one does, except for Yuyan who brought it to class but she couldn't say to whom it belongs to, or she's dead meat.

"Nobody's going to answer?" He picked up the shoe and showed it to his class; the students were looking somewhere else, not making direct eye contact with their teacher. He was struggling to regain his composure in class. He didn't want to tear or crumple anything again. He was advised by their principal not to do that and control his anger in class. "Last call..." He breathed deeply trying so hard not to get angry. "Whose shoe is this?" He looked at his class who were silent; they weren't going to tell him.

Xie Keyin knew Yuyan brought it to the class but she doesn't want to tell it to their teacher. She would be a party pooper if she would tell their teacher about it. So, she just kept quiet and watched where it goes. At least if they get scolded, they get scolded as a class, it's fair and square.

The time was ticking as the scolding was consuming their math class, and so was his patience. "So I guess nobody owns this shoe huh," He said softly and smiled at them.

The students were relieved that he didn't burst out in anger; they thought he calmed down.

Well, they were wrong.

The storm has just begun.

The teacher opened the window and threw the shoe out. He was shouting in anger. "GAAAAAHHH!!!" To whoever owns the shoe, it's a pity for her because that shoe landed somewhere on the roof below the third floor; it shocked the students.

Then, the teacher walked out of their class. There was still ten minutes left before the bell rings. And when the teacher left the classroom, the students stood up and talked about what happened and they scolded Bee Bee Huang for her foolishness. The students chided those who were involved in kicking the shoe. They asked Yuyan to whom the shoe belongs, and she answered, "Well..."

On the ground floor when the math teacher was returning to the faculty, he passed by the clinic and saw Xu Jiaqi who just came out of the clinic and passed by him; she was limping. Somehow, he stopped on his way; it bugged him to ask Xu Jiaqi a question. "Ms. Xu, did you catch a cold?" He started that question rather than going to the main query.

Xu Jiaqi halted; she was wondering why the math teacher was curious all of a sudden but she let her curiosity pass off her mind. Maybe the teacher was just concerned. "No, Laoshi, I just had a stomach ache." She rested her other foot on the floor.

He glanced at Xu Jiaqi's foot which was missing a shoe. "Where is your shoe?" He finally asked; he wanted to make sure of something.

Xu Jiaqi looked at her foot as she curled her toe inside her sock before she could answer. "Laoshi, I don't know. I think someone took it."

The math teacher was sweating in guilt.