Club Activities Are Fun

One Day At A Time

Liu Lingzi was busy developing her photographs in the darkroom. She was rinsing the films with cold water for a few minutes to ensure there are no left chemicals on the film. Next, she was soaking the film in a wetting agent to help rid of its excess water and avoid developing streak or bubble marks. She clipped the films and dried them for about twenty minutes using a dryer to speed up the drying process. And when they were dried, she cleaned the film with a film cleaner, wiping its surface gently to remove any streaks. She cut the film into strips and put it into the plastics. She didn't have the time to make some prints from the negatives, so she decided she'll continue it tomorrow. She arranged the materials properly and threw her gloves in the trash can. She turned off the lights in the darkroom. When she went out of the darkroom, she saw Lin Fan waiting for her. Lin Fan was looking at the photos posted on the board that Lingzi and the photography club took.

Lin Fan noticed her presence. "Hi," She smiled at Lingzi.

Lingzi wasn't sure why Lin Fan was there, so she wanted to ask Lin Fan's motive. "Do you need anything?"

"You know why I'm here," Lin Fan told her; her voice was starting to shake.

"If this is about what happened at the event, it's ok. It was almost two months ago," Lingzi said while she was arranging her stuff, ready to go out of the room but Lin Fan really wanted to talk to her.

"I just want to apologize, I'm sorry. I'm very sorry for what I did," Lin Fan waited for Lingzi's reply but she received nothing. She was really sorry for what she did, but she was hoping Lingzi would acknowledge her apology. "Aren't you going to say something in return?"

Lingzi didn't like what Lin Fan and her friends did during the school event. She didn't reply because she has nothing to say to Lin Fan; what had happened, happened.

Lingzi was almost at the door when Lin Fan said, "I know that you're embarrassed by what I did, but have you ever considered how I felt that day? I was also as embarrassed as you, you know?"

Lingzi halted her steps, ticked by Lin Fan's words. "Excuse me?" She raised her right brow in disbelief.

"I'm sorry for what I did but I believe we had a fair share of the embarrassment that time too," Lin Fan said with a certainty in her words.

"I... I..." Lingzi was stuttering in anger and her eyes were already glistening. She wanted to tell Lin Fan that she just didn't want the unsolicited surprises they pulled during the school event. She didn't want it. She hated grand gestures. If Lin Fan wanted her to accept her apology, well damn, she won't be getting any. Was it difficult to understand that there are people who don't like grand gestures? Was it her fault that she didn't reciprocate her feelings? Why is it always the fault of the person who rejected the proposal? Doesn't she have any say on it too? Why can't she tell these to her? - She wanted to say those words but nothing would come out of . She was almost on the verge of crying in anger, frustrated that she's meek.

Suddenly, they heard a knock on the door and Aria Jin went inside, holding Lingzi's hand. "We're going home," Then she looked at Lin Fan with a sharp look in her eyes. "We're locking the room," Her tone was strong that she made it obvious to Lin Fan that what she did to Lingzi wasn't cool.

Lin Fan understood Aria's tone and apologized for what she did. "I'm sorry," She said and left the room, closing the door.

Kong Xueer and Xu Jiaqi were roaming around the school building, wearing their volleyball jerseys. They were given a twenty-minute break by their coach before they can go back to their volleyball practice. But they were strolling around instead of resting. They walked by the corridor and passed by Aria and Lingzi who were locking the door of the photography club room.

"Are you two going home?" Xu Jiaqi asked.

"Yes," Aria Jin answered, waiting for Lingzi to finish locking the door properly.

"Take care. See you!" Kong Xueer told them, as she and Xu Jiaqi bid them goodbye.

"See you!" Aria and Lingzi answered in unison, waving at them, and walked away linking their arms.

It was normal for girls to link their arms or hold hands while walking but somehow the two best friends could sense something different going on between the two. They couldn't explain what, they just had that tingling feeling, and somehow, they were like birds with the same feathers.

KongXueer and Xu Jiaqi didn't entertain the idea and continued to walk around.

They peaked at the art room where it was empty, but then they heard a snickering sound. They found that Yuyan has just finished painting an abstract painting; she was talking to someone. They couldn't see the girl's face; she was blocked by a pillar when they were peeking through the slightly opened slide-door.

"Baobei, can I paint you? I'll give it to you when I finish painting it," She told the girl.

"Really?"

"Of course, I'd gladly do it for you," Yuyan patted the girl's head lovingly.

Kong Xueer and Xu Jiaqi were looking at each other intrigued, they were sure that the girl is an underclassman. They stopped peeking and moved on to the other places, wondering what was going on around the school.

They tried to peek at the window of the tea ceremony club and found Inagaki Naho leading the tea ceremony. She was brewing the matcha tea by whisking it vigorously using a bamboo whisk at a fast and constant speed until the tea was frothy and ready to serve. They were surprised that Han Dong was also part of the tea ceremony club; they thought she wasn't part of any club at school. If 3A has their sleepyhead in class, 3C has Han Dong; she barely talks in class and just sleeps.

Then, they decided to drop by the glee club. They didn't go inside; they just looked at the glass window of the door of the music room. They saw Fu Ruqiao, Zuo Zhuo, Zhang Yu, Xu Xinwen, and Su Shanshan practicing for a song. Su Shanshan keeps messing with the notes, she was off tune. Kong Xueer and Xu Jiaqi could only squint their eyes because of her singing.

Kong Xueer and Xu Jiaqi proceeded to the sewing club; they went into the room when Jenny Zeng beckoned them to come inside. There were other students inside the sewing room, sewing their own designer's clothes. On the other hand, Jenny Zeng was making clothes for cosplay. She is known as a cosplayer in their school.

"Look at this," She showed the Lolita costume which has cute and fancy laces and ribbons. "Isn't it cute?"

"Wow, did you make this?" Kong Xueer asked as she was examining the costume, she touched the fabric and amazed by the details and how it was sewed.

Xu Jiaqi was also examining the cute laces, she wanted to try wearing it; she thought it was cute.

"Oh me?" Jenny pointed herself. "Oh, no-no-no, I don't wanna steal the credits from others. My pride won't allow it. Shen Kuliko made it," She pointed at Kuliko who was busy sewing, she called her attention and Kuliko waved. "Sorry, she's very busy. There's an upcoming cosplay contest next two months." Jenny said enthusiastically.

"But it's still two months away," Xu Jiaqi told her.

"No, actually Kuliko is a little behind schedule, it's not easy to make costumes. We have to be detailed as much as possible." Jenny paused as she was looking for someone. "Ah! There she is!" She pointed at the girl behind the sewing machine.

Kong Xueer and Xu Jiaqi were looking at where Jenny was pointing; they were surprised to see who it was.

"Mo Han! Mo Han!" Jenny hollered her meters away from them and when Mo Han heard her name, she looked at Jenny who was calling her but she hid under when she saw Kong Xueer and Xu Jiaqi; Mo Han was embarrassed.

"I'm surprised Mo Han is in the sewing club. I thought she'd be in the drama or dancing club," Xu Jiaqi said.

"Ahhh, Mo Han, she's also a cosplayer," Jenny accidentally spilled Mo Han's secret; she just realized it when Kong Xueer and Xu Jiaxi painted a surprising look on their faces. She remembered that most of the third-year students didn't know about it. "Please keep it a secret! You didn't hear it from me! You didn't! I outed Mo Han! I'm such a bad person! I should rot in hell!" She didn't mean to say it; it was just a slip of the tongue. She dramatically kneeled and begged them not to tell anyone; she felt horrible for her actions. Everyone in the room was looking at them as if the two volleyball players were bullying the helpless Jenny Zeng. "Hey, stop that! Everyone's looking, you're making a scene," Kong Xueer and Xu Jiaqi were pulling Jenny to stand up as they were smiling sweetly at the students in the room to clear up the misunderstanding. And then everyone went back to doing their own business.

"Please promise me you won't tell a soul." Jenny held each of their hands.

"Of course, we won't tell anyone," Xu Jiaqi said as she was holding Jenny's arm.

"Really?" Jenny looked at the two with puppy eyes.

"My God, we're not gossip mongers, OK? So don't worry about it," Xueer replied.

And when they have settled with Jenny, they went out of the sewing club's room. They walked forward to the corridor to see what might catch their attention.

"Isn't Yu Shuxin on the drama club?" Xu Jiaqi asked Xueer.

"Now that you've said it, let's drop by to say hi," Xueer replied, and the two of them went to the drama club's practice room. When they arrived at the place, they didn't see Yu Shuxin around. They only saw Tako Zhang and the quadruplets; the mortal enemies weren't talking, they were far from each other. Kong Xueer and Xu Jiaqi thought it was a boring sight to look at, so they decided to walk away.

The next stop was the dance troupe club, they didn't go inside, they just observed from the glass window of the door. They saw Liu Yuxin facing the mirror as she was popping to the music. Yennis Huang was watching the dance practice video of Love Sick Girls by BlackPink, trying to memorize the choreography. Feng Rouhang was wiping her sweat as she was drinking water on the side, watching An Qi and Shangguan Xiai dance battling to the Lion song. They were insane for dancing so cool like they own the space. Kong Xueer and Xu Jiaqi were amazed by how each beat was on point.

Then, they went to the martial arts club, they saw Su Shanshan outside the room like she was eyeing someone.

"Oh, weren't you practicing in the music room?" Xueer asked.

"Yeah, we just ended the practice. I think we're getting better," Shanshan told them, but they have to hide the sour suspicions on their faces. They doubt that they had a smooth practice after witnessing the ear-deafening singing of hers. It'll be rude to tell her directly that she was disrupting the symphony during the practice, but there are things better left unsaid to not offend the feelings of others.

They wonder who was Su Shanshan was looking for but when they took a peek, they were startled by the scene.

Dai Meng and Fei Qinyuan were chopping a big watermelon with one hand. The three blinked a lot of times witnessing it. It was quite scary to think that Dai Meng and Fei Qinyuan single-handedly chopped the watermelon into half; it's flabbergasting to see them do it. So, they proceeded to go outside the building to the garden where Duan Yixuan was pulling the weeds off and Bunny Zhang was watering the flowers. There were varieties of flowers that were taken care of by the gardening club. The landscape was breathtaking; it was nice to see such colorful flowers in the garden with butterflies. They passed by and greeted them hello but didn't take long to move along to the back to go to the pool.

When they arrived at the indoor pool, Kong Xueer and Xu Jiaqi found Eliwa Xu, Dai Yanni, Joey Chua, Victoria Li, and Ma Shujun in their swimwear. It was the last of their swimming practice, after it, they can go home. They set on the starting platforms readying themselves. When the coach blew the whistle, they started diving in the pool, swimming quickly to get to the other side. Joey Chua reached the finished line first, then came, Eliwa, and Dai Yanni. Victoria Li and Ma Shujun reached at the same time. When they came out of the pool, they took off their goggles and swim caps. They looked so hot when their hair dropped down to their waist.

Joey was stretching her arms upward that accentuates how huge her s are. Dai Yanni's perfect body wasn't hard to miss. Victoria dropped her goggles on the floor and picked it up, as she picked it up, her swimwear emphasizes her nice looking . Ma Shujun looked so foxy when she stuck out her tongue out after she knew she ranked last. Eliwa looked so hot when she bit her lips as she ran her fingers along with her hair; she knew she could do more but Joey's time was just unbeatable. The third-year students from the swimming team were a bunch of visuals. Even anyone was there, they would probably stare at Joey, Dai Yanni, Ma Shujun, Victoria, and Eliwa.

Xu Jiaqi was gawking and it wasn't hard for Kong Xueer to notice how her girlfriend was stupidly looking at them.

Kong Xueer rolled her eyes and pulled Xu Jiaqi away from the area, she didn't want to admit she was jealous when her girlfriend was staring at them. "Break times over, let's go!" She said in an irritated tone. Xu Jiaqi was baffled by Xueer's sudden change of mood. They went back to the gymnasium to practice volleyball.

It was fun watching their friends in different clubs. They never had expected that Eliwa's circle of friends are in different clubs. It was nice to know more about their friends and batchmates' likes and hobbies.