Math Class

One Day At A Time

It was 3C's math class, it was afternoon and it was so boring that most of them were in their own worlds. Math is a subject that isn't loved by everyone. It consists of numbers that are difficult to solve given the problem of x + y = I don't give a crap kind of problem. Even if the teacher teaches well in math, the students just have a hard time understanding the steps of solving it, even if the teacher spoon-feed them the formula. The teacher didn't care much, he knew not everyone likes math, and he couldn't do anything about it as long as there were one or two students answering his question. In 3C, the only students who participate in the class were the front row students: Ranee Wang, Ma Shujun, Dai Yanni, and Su Shanshan. The rest is just like a plant, alive but doesn't budge.

Zhao Xiaotang was bored as hell; she was already done imagining herself as a ninja of Konoha in an anime called Naruto. She looked at everyone in her class to check if everyone understood the topic. She looked at Sunrui who was blankly staring at the floor. Xiaotang felt relieved that it was not just her who didn't understand a thing. So, she looked at Lin Fan who was putting glue on her hands like it was a lotion; she blew her hands to dry the glue. It was therapeutic to watch, she admitted she wanted to do it also. She looked at her back, Lu Keran was making an origami crane; she already made five origami cranes. Xiaotang was horrified when she realized that the papers Lu Keran used to make the origami cranes were pages from their math book. "Jesus Christ, what the hell?" She told her in a low voice.

" off," Lu Keran's reply wasn't pleasant, Xiaotang let her be.

At the back row where Nai Wan was sitting, she was busy nail filing her nails as she wanted to keep it clean. While Xie Keyin was applying nail polish on her nails with light blue and pink colors. Their row was like a nail parlor. The only thing they lack was a customer and they're good to run their business at the back while the class was ongoing.

Dai Meng was miraculously listening to the lecture; Xiaotang was surprised to see her focus in class. She looked at Yuyan who was busy sawing her ruler on her desk. She kept sawing it and then she paused to look at it; then she was sawing her desk again. Xiaotang found it amusing; she wanted to know what Yuyan will do next. She tapped Lu Keran and pointed at Yuyan, she was already bored folding origami cranes anyway, so she stopped to observe the busy bee, Yuyan. Xiaotang called Sunrui and Lin Fan's attention to look at Yuyan. They were clearly bored in class; they wanted to know how will Yuyan's ruler-sawing on her desk end up.

On the other hand, the dim-witted Yuyan was passionately sawing her ruler on the desk that it dug a line mark kind of hole. She was doing it because she felt it was therapeutic for her. The ruler was emitting a faint heatwave and was slowly melting due to the friction. She observed the slightly melted ruler and blew it; she continued doing it a couple of times. Until she felt satisfied at it, and god knows what came into her mind that after she blew the hot ruler from sawing it, she placed the ruler on the nape of the innocent Jenny Zeng who was just listening to the lecture. "U-WAAAAH!!!" In reflex, Jenny stood up as she shouted from the pain of the hotness of the ruler. Everyone was startled by the commotion. Even Xiaotang, Sunrui, Lin Fan, and Lu Keran didn't see that coming. It was an epic scene, a memory that cannot be forgotten until the day they will die. The people who witnessed it were laughing out loud. While the others were curious about what just happened.

It wasn't a good sign. Their teacher stopped his lecture and put the chalk down. "WHAT IS THAT NOISE?!" Their teacher had enough of them.

"Laoshi, Yuyan put the hot ruler on my nape." Jenny's answer made everyone laugh at the silliness. The rowdy students were laughing out loud, banging their desks. Jenny Zeng sat back rubbing her nape as she was glaring at Yuyan who was just mischievously smiling at her. 'You're dead," She mouthed Yuyan.

It was funny for the students, the best laugh for the memorable moment but not for their teacher. He couldn't control his anger that he ripped the visual aid that was on the board. They were startled when their teacher threw tantrums at them. They knew they were in big trouble; another handful of scolding for their class again. It wasn't the first time he ripped something. The 3C knew their math teacher has an anger management issue. But every time they have a math class, they couldn't miss pushing the wrong button. 3A always has to suffer from the crumpled or torn visual aid every after 3C's math class.