Shoot It Down

One Day At A Time

Kong Xueer stomped her way going to the 3C class after their lunchtime. She slid the door loudly which made a bang sound. The students who were inside the classroom were startled by the noise.

"Who took it?!" Xueer asked angrily as she approached the group of friends, Dai Meng, Sunrui, Zhao Xiaotang, Lu Keran, and Lin Fan, who were gossiping in a circle; everyone looked at her in confusion.

"The what?" Lu Keran looked at Xueer confusingly.

"Stop playing around, I know one of you took Kiki's shoe," Xueer rested her hands on her waist, waiting for an answer but she only got laughter from them.

Then, Xu Jiaqi came inside telling Xueer it was alright and she will buy a new pair of indoor shoes.

"No, it's not alright," She faced Kiki. "These morons keep fooling around and it's not even funny," Xueer's brows furrowed in anger. She was being protective of her girlfriend.

That day, Xu Jiaqi went to the clinic because she has dysmenorrhea; it was her monthly period. She stayed in the clinic for one-period to rest but when she woke up; she couldn't find her shoe. She asked the school nurse about her missing shoe but at that time the nurse went to the faculty to get some files, so she didn't know who took it. Nobody knew who took her shoe except for Kong Xueer; she had her suspicions because during that time she saw Yuyan roaming around on the third floor when she went to the comfort room.

Xiaotang noticed Xu Jiaqi's missing shoe."Oh, so it's your shoe," She told Xu Jiaqi. "Honestly, we didn't know it was Kiki's," Her eyes moved to Xueer as she was explaining.

"Yeah, we didn't know," Sunrui responded.

"I think nobody knew who it belonged to. They just started playing with it in class." Lu Keran used the pronoun 'they' as if she wasn't involved in the shenanigans.

"Playing what?" Xu Jiaqi asked.

"We were kicking the shoe and Bee Bee kicked it hard that it landed on the teacher's table," Lin Fan answered in all honesty.

"You did what?!" Xu Jiaqi exclaimed, she thought how foolish they were to do that in class, especially in their math class. The math teacher was known to be a terror teacher. How could they pull something so stupid? She thought class 3C had no fear.

Xueer folded her arms and rolled her eyes; it wasn't news to her that they did something so stupid in class again.

"Actually, Yuyan brought the shoe in class," Dai Meng told them; they didn't know it was Yuyan who brought the shoe.

"Ola!" Yuyan greeted cheerfully as she entered the class, unaware of the situation.

"Oh, there's your culprit," Dai Meng calmly said as she pointed at Yuyan.

When Yuyan was at the door, as soon as she realized Xu Jiaqi was inside the classroom with Kong Xueer; she knew she was in trouble, so she tried to run away but when she made a quick U-turn to escape from Xu Jiaqi, she accidentally bumped Yu Shuxin, which resulted to headbutting her.

"Ayaaa!" Yu Shuxin cried in pain as she fell on the floor as well as Yuyan.

The group of friends was laughing and chiding Yuyan for being so clumsy. All of them approached Yuyan and Yu Shuxin and helped them stand up.

Lu Keran and Dai Meng pulled Yuyan up while Xiaotang, Sunrui, and Lin Fan were teasing her.

"So, you were the one who brought the shoe, how naughty of you."

"You're dead meat!"

"Crazy fool."

Xueer pulled Yu Shuxin who was whining in pain. "Why are you here?" Xueer asked as she helped Yu Shuxin dusting off her skirt.

"I just want to ask for Kiki's face powder and I was told that she went here, limping," Yu Shuxin replied.

"So, where is my shoe?" Xu Jiaqi asked, facing the people who were involved.

"Come," Dai Meng walked to the window and beckoned Xu Jiaqi and the others; she opened the window, looked down, and pointed to the shoe below. It was on the top of the roof of the botanical tool house.

When Xu Jiaqi looked below, she was surprised. "My shoe!" She looked at Dai Meng and the others. "How did my shoe get there?!"

Kong Xueer held Xu Jiaqi's arm. "You better get her shoe, or else," She pointed at Dai Meng, Xiaotang, Yuyan, Lu Keran, Sunrui, and Lin Fan, threatening them.

"Or what?" Yuyan questioned her, thinking that Xueer doesn't scare her, and for sure it was just an empty threat. She thought of Xueer as a weak girl who just likes to do girlish stuff. Suddenly Kong Xueer flicked Yuyan's nose with great strength that the flick sound was audible. Yu Shuxin opened in shock when she saw Yuyan's nose became red, "AIYOOOO!!" Yuyan shouted and rubbed her nose to ease the pain. Everyone was surprised, even Xu Jiaqi herself, she didn't know Xueer was so strong despite her girlish appearance.

"Get Kiki's shoe, NOW," She told them one more time.

Suddenly they heard the door open. "Yo, sup!" Bee Bee Huang greeted them as she entered the room, unaware of what was happening.

"Fine, we’ll get the shoe," Dai Meng agreed to get it. It was her fault to begin with, if she hadn't kicked the shoe to Lu Keran and just kicked back the shoe to Xie Keyin; their teacher wouldn't walk out from their class and Xueer wouldn't come at them like an angry mother protecting her child from being bullied. "Fools, let's go to the art room, I think we can reach the shoe from there," She gestured to her friends to go to the second floor of the building to get the shoe on the roof of the botanical tool house.

Without another word, Lu Keran and Lin Fan grabbed Bee Bee who was standing at the door.

"Where are we going?" Bee Bee asked; she was confused about the situation.

"Don't ask, just come," Lu Keran replied.

"Aiyamaya, why are you asking when you're also involved," Sunrui told Bee Bee as they were walking to the second floor.

"Involved in what?" Bee Bee was still in confusion.

Dai Meng pulled Yuyan who was still easing the pain of her nose while they walked out of the class, as well as Kong Xueer and Xu Jiaqi. The last people to walk out of the classroom were Xiaotang and Yu Shuxin. When Xiaotang and Yu Shuxin went out of the classroom, both of them walked out at the same time; they accidentally bumped their arms at each other because of the less space.

"Haiya, sorry!" Zhao Xiaotang and Yu Shuxin apologized to each other and laughed at the situation.

"You go first," Xiaotang gestured as she told Yu Shuxin, smiling at her.

"Thank you," Yu Shuxin replied and ran to catch up with Kong Xueer and Xu Jiaqi's pace.

In the art room, they were thinking of how they could get the shoe off the roof. The botanical tool house's roof was two meters away from the school building and if you jump from the window of the art room, it's a meter high.

"Oh, that's the shoe thrown by Laoshi," Bee Bee Huang commented when she recognized the indoor shoe that was on the roof.

Everyone was looking at her in disbelief.

"Wow, no ," Dai Meng retorted.

"Just get my shoe please," Xu Jiaqi looked at Yuyan who was just standing beside them, making popping sounds from .

Xueer cleared and folded her arms as she was glaring at Yuyan.

"Oh, me?" Yuyan pointed to herself.

Kong Xueer raised her right brow, which frightened Yuyan. "Ok," She answered.

When she was about to look at the window to observe and find a way to get the shoe, Bee Bee took off her shoe and threw it on the roof.

"What the?!"

"Aiyamaya!"

"What the hell was that for?!"

"Now, we need to get those two shoes."

"What a fool!"

"Eeee, why did you do that?"

They were all looking at Bee Bee who had a dumb look on her face. "Oops, I was going to aim for Kiki's shoe," She scratched her head.

"You really have a bad aim. Let me do it," Xiaotang picked the eraser on the blackboard and aimed for the shoe, but the eraser was too light to push the shoe and the eraser landed on the roof. "Oops," Was the only word it came out from Xiaotang's mouth.

"Me, me, me," Sunrui raised her hand. "Let me try," Sunrui filled the empty pet bottle with water on the sink. Then, she tried aiming it at the shoe, it hit, but sadly, it didn't move much. "Aiyamaya! So close!" Sunrui pouted from disappointment. Xiaotang laughed as she was patting Sunrui's back.

Then Lin Fan started to throw things that were in the art room, she threw a piece of the unfinished painted block to the shoe; she missed. Next, she threw the carved block. Still, she missed; Lin Fan sighed.

"What a bad aim," Lu Keran said, then she opened one of the cabinets and found an unused thermos bottle.

They were watching whether this time, she could get the shoe off the roof. Lu Keran closed her one eye to get a better aim at the shoe but when she threw it, she miscalculated her throw and it landed further somewhere on the ground.

Yuyan was just standing beside, looking at the window, calculating the distance.

"You over-threw it," Lin Fan remarked as she patted Lu Keran's arm.

Lu Keran sighed. "Any better ideas?" She replied.

Dai Meng told Kong Xueer, Xu Jiaqi, and Yu Shuxin to sit down and watch the circus show as she had an idea of how to compel them from doing crazy things again.

"I don't know, I brought you guys here because I thought you're good. I thought you could get the shoe. How embarrassing..." Dai Meng was lowkey taunting them in getting the shoe, word playing as she dared her friends if they could get it.

The taunting-psychology game was on. Dai Meng knew it would always work on her friends.

Feeling challenged by Dai Meng's words; they threw anything that can move the shoe off the roof, but they didn't notice all of the things that they threw just landed on the roof. They became frustrated at their aims.

Little did they know, inside the botanical tool house, the school's maintenance staff was alarmed by the noise coming from the roof; he was busy arranging the tools. So, he went out of the botanical tool house to check the matter, he was surprised by what he saw; things were thrown out from the window. He ran to the faculty to report the situation.

Yu Shuxin was also frustrated by just watching the dimwits without using their brains for a second. She opened the cleaning equipment locker to get the long broom and help them get the shoe. "Zhao Xiaotang, use this," She gave the broom to her.

Then Xiaotang used it but she couldn't reach the shoe. "It's too far," She put a frustrated look on her face as she told Yu Shuxin.

Yu Shuxin was pursing her lips as she was thinking of another way. "Ah!" It gave Yu Shuxin an idea. "How about we tape two brooms together to reach the shoe," She suggested. "There's a duct tape in the equipment room."

Xiaotang thought it was a brilliant idea that neither she nor her dumb friends have thought of it.

But when Zhao Xiaotang was about to tell them about Yu Shuxin's suggestion, nobody could have expected what happened next.

"MOVE! MOVE! MOVE!" Yuyan yelled at them, gesturing to move away from the window; they were baffled by what she was about to do. She set herself and ran towards the window, setting her leap on the windowsill, jumping off the building.

And by the time she jumped off the window, the prefect-of-discipline was shocked when she witnessed the situation; she shouted in horror.

"YUYAN!!!"

Everyone in the room shouted in panic. Of course, Yuyan wasn't hurt. The height between the botanical tool house's roof and the art room was just a meter tall. They ran to the window and looked down to check if she was dead.

Thank god, she was alive and grinning like a fool; she showed the shoe to them. "I GOT THE SHOE!" She shouted in victory as if she won in a competition.

The prefect-of-discipline rested her hands on her hips as she gritted her teeth in anger. She almost had a heart attack from the crazy stunt Yuyan pulled. What if Yuyan had really fallen from the building? How would they address it to her parents and the public because of the incident? She thought the students were insane for doing something so reckless and dangerous that could cause problems.

They knew they were all in trouble. Everyone who was in the art room got detention on that day, even the owner of the shoe who was the victim of this catastrophe, Xu Jiaqi, couldn't escape the punishment that wasn't her fault in the first place.

"But Laoshi, I just wanted to ask for Kiki's face powder, that's why I was here. I wasn't supposed to get involved in this craziness," Yu Shuxin reasoned in a whiny tone.

Xiaotang glanced at Yu Shuxin as she pursed her lips tightly to control herself from laughing.