3B Meeting - Singing Contest

One Day At A Time

The 3B class advisor was absent on that day due to a cold. But she left them a note that they should talk about the singing competition and choose someone who wanted to join; she also left them a seatwork to answer but the papers were in the faculty. So, Guo Gogo who is the class president has to get it at the faculty. She told Nikita Huang who is vice president to look after the class while she goes out.

When Gogo went out of the classroom, Nikita stood in front to look over her classmates who were starting to get noisy. She scratched her head, bewildered on how to handle the situation.

If 3C is rowdy, there would be a class that falls next to them, the 3B class; they were disorderly.

The quadruplets Shen Bing, Shen Ji, Shen Qing, and Shen Yu were in their own meeting circle, giving pep talks to each other, and sharing about the day they were born.

The students at the back row, Eliwa Xu, Tako Zhang, Fei Qinyuan, Mo Han, and Duan Yixuan were doing Douyin. They were doing the challenge that trended on that week. They kept laughing while dancing the trendy Douyin challenge.
"Haha! Wrong. You should have raised your hand, then side, then down." Eliwa instructed Fei Qinyuan who kept messing with the choreography.

"Sorry, sorry. Ok, one more time." Fei Qinyuan said.

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1.." Eliwa started to play the music and dance to it.

Duan Yixuan, Mo Han, and Tako were doing the cute faces on Douyin. The Douyin Squad was having a great time getting in their own world.

Wang Zoe was busy finding the right chords for the song that she had composed two weeks ago. She practiced plucking the chords — G, Em7, C9, Cm, G, and Em7. 
"Tiw-tiw-ti-niw-nini-niw🎵"  She kept repeating the intro part because she felt it was a radical tune.

Yvonne Wang was standing at her locker, she was crying when she read a message from her father. She wept her tears and went back to her seat. Jue Chen and Fu Ruqiao noticed her crying, they approached her to comfort her. Zoe Wang stopped playing the guitar to comfort Yvonne who was sitting next to her.

"What's wrong?" Fu Ruqiao asked as she gave her a tissue.

Yvonne accepted the tissue and blew her nose. "My.. my..." She was stuttering breath. "Dead..." She cried some more.

Zoe Wang approached her and crouched beside her.

"Condolence," Jue Chen said.

"I'm sorry to hear your loss," Fu Ruqiao was sad, she sympathized with Yvonne's loss. Death is never easy to accept. One cannot escape death because it is an inevitable thing that happens to all of us. It is not us who suffer when we die, it is the people who love us that suffer.

"Whose family member is dead?" Zoe asked as she rubbed Yvonne's back.

Yvonne was gasping when she cried. "Petunia," She answered.

"Well, rest assured. I think Petunia's soul is somewhere resting peacefully." Fu Ruqiao gave her more tissues.

Jue Chen was squinting, she felt she heard the name Petunia, she couldn't just pinpoint where exactly.

"If I may ask, is Petunia your..." Zoe trailed off, she felt the name wasn't Chinese. It was foreign to her.

"Petunia..." Yvonne sobbed. "She is my pet Flower Horn. My father mistook her for a Tilapia fish. He accidentally cooked Petunia," She cried some more. A while ago, she received a message from her father, begging for forgiveness. Petunia was her pet for two years. And for two years were a lot of memories. She showed some pictures of Petunia on her phone.

Now it made sense, Jue Chen remembered where she heard the name Petunia, from the Harry Potter movie, Harry Potter's aunt.

Zoe Wang, Fu Ruqiao, and Jue Chen were looking at each other when they knew that Petunia is just a fish. They don't know how to react, whether to laugh or...

They don't want to think or comment about it. It would be bad to judge the situation. They didn't want to invalidate her feelings. All they can do is listen to her sob and comfort her.

Zoe didn't know what to do, so she picked up her guitar and played her a tune — G, Em7, C9, Cm, G, and Em7. "Tiw-tiw-ti-niw-nini-niw🎵"

In the front column next to the window, Zhang Yu was sitting, eating popcorn while watching Frahnm Shangguan and An Qi doing dance battle. They were waving their bodies fluidly, shaking their asses, breakdance, split, and they were even sassing each other with their moves. They even danced WAP. Zhang Yu doesn't have any words for them, it was amusing for her to see how good they were.

When Gogo was back from getting the seatwork left by their advisor for them, she was furious to see how chaotic the class was. There were people break dancing, making their own prayer circle, crying, doing Douyin, and playing the guitar.

"What the hell?!" Gogo exclaimed as she slapped the table with a bunch of seatwork papers. Everyone was startled. "Go back to your seats!"

Everyone went back to their respective seats and kept quiet, but some were still talking to each other.

"What the hell, Nikita? I gave you a job." Gogo furrowed her brows in frustration. She trusted Nikita to watch over the class, but sadly, she was sloppy being the vice president. She shook her head and breathe deeply to calm herself. She told Nikita to help her distribute the seat work by column. And after the distribution, she told her to go back to her seat.
"So I've been told that there will be a singing contest next week," Gogo announced.

Her classmates protested that it was too soon for the contest to be held. Memorizing a song isn't easy.

"I know, I was told that the song should only be in Chinese."

"Why can't we sing English?" Eliwa asked.

"This is China, we speak Chinese," Gogo replied and proceeded to explain the mechanics.

As soon as Gogo didn't look at Eliwa, the latter made mocking faces at Gogo and sat down. "What a ," Eliwa rolled her eyes.

"I know right?" Duan Yixuan replied as she looked at her image at her front camera, fixing her bangs.

This time Gogo asked for a volunteer to join the competition, and some students raised their hands. Gogo was happy that her classmates were interested to join, but their class has to choose the best choice, so there will be a better chance they will win the competition. "Oooh, nice. I like your enthusiasm," She commented. "Ok, how about we vote for who's going to compete for our class. To those who wanted to join, please stand up."

Frahnm Shangguan stood up to forced Zhang Yu who was shy to stand up. She encouraged her to join the competition since Zhang Yu has an amazing voice; it would be a waste if she doesn't join. "Come on! Don't be shy! I'm rooting for you!"

Fu Ruqiao also stood up, she wanted to join the competition too, she also wanted Zhang Yu to join, in case, either of them will be picked. "I'm also joining and I wanted you to try too! Zhang Yu, come on!"

"I'm really shy," Zhang Yu told them. She also looked at Yvonne Wang who was sitting behind Fu Ruqiao. Yvonne's eyes were swollen from crying hard, but she gave her a wide smile, encouraging her to join. 

Fu Ruqiao also compelled Zoe Wang to join, so the latter stood up.

"Wow, this is a tough choice," Gogo commented in honesty. "How about a vocal battle?" She told Zhang Yu, Zoe Wang, and Fu Ruqiao to come in front. The three volunteers were good vocalists in their class.

Everyone had a tough decision about who they were going to pick.  Until the quadruplets ruined the excitement, the Shen sisters compelled Shen Bing to also participate. "Jiejie, it's your chance to shine too!" The Shen sisters encouraged Shen Bing.

When Shen Bing was about to stand up, Eliwa Xu shouted, "AIYAAA!! SIT DOWN!" Their classmates were laughing at Eliwa's tactless remark. Lowkey they were thankful of Eliwa for saying so.

Their classmates don't really like the quadruplets, they might be unaware of their attitude but there were times that they can be irksome and they annoyingly want the spotlight for themselves, especially for their sister, Shen Bing whom they think she deserves the best since she's their jiejie.

"SIT DOWN!" Duan Yixuan also shouted; Mo Han laughed but chided her for being mean.

"What are you doing?! Sit down!" Fei Qinyuan mouthed loudly.

Tako Zhang chortled but controlled herself, it was funny but it was also kind of mean.

"Hey, hey, hey! Stop that! We aren't in a wet market," Gogo warned the girls at the back who were being mean.

Shen Bing was already embarrassed to participate since Eliwa and her friends scorned her for joining. She felt disheartened, her sisters were comforting her. Shen Jie, Shen Qing, and Shen Yu gazed at Eliwa; they shot her a scowling look. Duan Yixuan was able to catch the quadruplets looking at them, she told Eliwa, Mo Han, Tako, and Fei. It summoned Eliwa's inner demon, she stood up and crossed her arms, and scoffed loudly. "HMMPH!"

Eliwa's scoff was audible to the class that it caught Gogo's attention. "What are you doing?" She asked.

"Nothing, my nose is just itchy," Eliwa rubbed her nose; putting an act. "Hmmph!" She sat back. Tako just shook her head, sometimes she couldn't believe she's friends with crazy people.

Gogo told them to sing one by one, so their classmates could vote for their representative. It was a tough choice but the one who sang expressively was Zhang Yu. She got the most votes among the three of them. Her close friends applauded her singing in front of everyone. The 3B class cheered Zhang Yu and wish her all the best for the upcoming competition.

 

 

In the girls' comfort room where Kong Xueer and Xu Jiaqi were, they were taking a piss and fixed themselves in front of the mirror. There were also other students inside the comfort room doing their businesses, as soon as the bell rang, they immediately went to their classrooms except for them. Xu Jiaqi was applying face powder, she noticed Kong Xueer was staring at her in the mirror and said, "Nonsense, you're beautiful," in a mocking tone. Xu Jiaqi shot her a confusing look, she didn't get it. "Oh, you thought I'd forget?"

"The what?" Xu Jiaqi looked at Xueer who was upset at something she couldn't figure what it was.

"Take a guess," Xueer told her but Xu Jiaqi was at a loss, she didn't really know what it was. "So you really think Shuxin is prettier than me?" She grilled her a question, and at that moment Xu Jiaqi had understood it. 

"Oh my god, what are you talking about?" Xu Jiaqi laughed and hugged Xueer. "You're the most beautiful person in the world and I'm lucky to have you," She cupped her face and looked her directly in her eyes to show her sincerity.

"Do you mean it?" Xueer asked softly as she looked at Xu Jiaqi's lips.

Xu Jiaqi noticed Xueer's gaze. "Of course," She slowly lessened the gap between them as she pressed her lips against Xueer. She kissed her gently and Kong Xueer reciprocated the kiss. Their kisses were slow and soft, and it was sweet. Xu Jiaqi parted her lips from Xueer. "I love you, baobei. It's still surreal that you're my girlfriend. It feels like winning the lottery," Her words abashed Xueer and slapped her playfully in a soft manner. She pecked Xueer's nose and her forehead and hugged tightly before completely parted from each other's arms. They couldn't stay long doing that. Someone might walk in and see them; they haven't told a soul about their relationship because they weren't ready to be out yet. They were just enjoying the moment that only the two of them know.

"Let's go back to our class," Xueer told her girlfriend.

"Sure."

The two of them went out of the comfort room to go back to their class, but the clamorous noise from the class 3C caught their attention; they stopped to peek at their class.