3A Meeting - Singing Contest

One Day At A Time

It was a lovely day in Beijing. The sky was clear and the bubbly student, Yu Shuxin has just arrived at school; she put her school shoes in the shoe rack and changed to indoor shoes. She noticed a tall girl who just passed behind her; inadvertently she glanced at her. The girl looks cold and fierce as she walks into the hallway where another girl was waiting for her.

"Xiaotang, did you make the math homework?"

"We have?" Xiaotang was puzzled, she had forgotten to make her homework last night because she was busy playing video games instead of doing it.

"Aiyama! Make it quickly! It's due today!" Sunrui beckoned her as they ran together to their classroom to make it.

"Good morning Shuxin," Kong Xueer greeted her with a smile.

"Good morning, Xueer," She greeted back as she waited for Xueer who was putting her shoes in the shoe rack. A few seconds later, Xu Jiaqi entered the school entrance and took off her shoes to put it in the shoe rack.

"Good morning," She greeted the two.

"What did you two eat for breakfast?" Yu Shuxin asked to start a small talk. She was a transferee from Singapore and has just started school for a month now; and she's getting along well with her classmates, especially Kong Xueer, who sits next to her, and Xu Jiaqi, Kong Xueer's best friend. Yu Shuxin is talkative, optimistic, and friendly to everyone; it's not hard to get close to her, but her positivity makes some people think that she's being pretentious. Kong Xueer and Xu Jiaqi might have thought that Yu Shuxin is a little extra but it didn't hinder them to like her. They thought that it's just innate in her. At least she is truthful to herself.

"Baozi," Kong Xueer and Xu Jiaqi replied at the same time; they looked at each other and averted right away.

"What about you, what did you eat for breakfast?" Kong Xueer asked. They started to walk inside the hallway going to their classroom. When the three of them walked in the hallway like they were the power puff beauties on the campus; the lower-year students were looking at them in admiration. Their school has a lot of pretty faces, especially the third-year students; their visuals were impeccable.

"I had French toast, bacon, sunny side up, and milk," She laughed softly as she touched her stomach. "I think I should cut my calorie intake. I'm getting fat."

"What do you mean fat? You don't need to lose more weight. I think your body looks great already." Xu Jiaqi meant it wholeheartedly. She couldn't understand why Yu Shuxin would think that she's fat. Yu Shuxin isn't fat; in fact, her body is in perfect shape.

"Where do you get the idea you're fat?" Xueer asked as she slid the door of their classroom.

Yu Shuxin pointed at her classmates. "How can I not? Look at our classmates. So pretty lah~" She pouted.

"Nonsense! You're beautiful," Xu Jiaqi slid a remark.

"Shuxin, it's all in your imagination." Kong Xueer chuckled as she entered the classroom first, then Yu Shuxin, and lastly, Xu Jiaqi. They put their bags inside their lockers at the back and prepare their notebook for their homeroom class.

The students in class 3A were minding their own business. Some were taking a nap, some were listening to music on their smartphones, and some were chatting with their classmates.

Yu Shuxin looked at the person next to her, Aria Jin was peacefully sleeping. She thought the latter must have been tired from her magazine pictorials or doing her daily routine.

"Shuxin, we're going to the comfort room, do you wanna come?" Kong Xueer asked. Yu Shuxin shook her head, she wanted to stay in the classroom. Kong Xueer and Xu Jiaqi went out of their classroom.

Hana Lin just arrived in their classroom and put her things in her locker. And when she sat on her chair, she was greeted by Yu Shushin.

"Good morning Hana," Yu Shuxin beamed, her tone was enthusiastic.

"Good morning, Shuxin. Wow, you're in a good mood," Hana Lin commented.
Yu Shuxin was worried, she thought she might piss her with her over positivity. "I'm sorry if my perkiness is annoying at times," she said cautiously.

"Oh no, no, no. I never thought of you as annoying. It would be bad if I judge you because of it." Hana Lin's words made Yu Shuxin's feelings lightened. She had a hard time adjusting to the new environment in her school. She just wanted to get along with her classmates without irritating them. It's not new to her that there were some people disliked her personality and judged her for being an over exaggerating person and pretentious because of her over optimistic personality. She had offended a lot of people in the past and she's trying to tone it down to avoid conflict.

Suddenly, there was a loud slide on the door. "Can you believe it?!" Xu Xinwen exclaimed, her voice echoed in the room.

"The what?" Xie Keyin asked as she entered in class 3A; she followed Xinwen who put her bag in her locker.

"Next week is the singing competition and we are just told today by the student council, can you believe it?"

"I mean, I'm not surprised. They've been busy too with stuff. I'm just amazed how Dai Yanni managed to be the president in the school campus and in our class, knowing 3C," Xie Keyin shook her head in disbelief. Her class was uncontrollable at times. "So, are you going to participate?"

"I'm not sure, I mean, there's Zuo Zhuo, Lingzi, and Aria," They walked to Xinwen's seat, Xie Keyin pulled the chair beside Xinwen since there's no one sitting on it yet.

"How about Roada Xu, isn't she joining?" Xie Keyin asked.

"She's the VP, technically she can't join."

"Ah, right right right. I forgot."

"How about in your class?"

"Ma Shujun, for sure."

"How about Yuyan?"

"Yeah, Yuyan too, but I don't think she'll join."

"Ranee Wang?"

"Who's that?"

Xu Xinwen slapped her arm playfully. "What do you mean who?" She chuckled.

"I'm kidding. Haha! No, I don't think she'll join. I don't really know who in our class would like to join," Xie Keyin raised her brow, teasing her friend. "But for sure... For sure, they will vote for you to join the competition."

"I won't be too sure. Most likely, they will pick Zuo Zhuo." Xinwen answered in modesty.

"How about class 3B, who do you think is going to compete?"

"Aiyamaya," Xu Xinwen couldn't choose but she has a lot of people on the list."Let's see, there's Frahnm Shangguan, Zhang Yu, Fu Ruqiao, Jue Chen, Yvonne Wang, An Qi, Zoe Wang, and Guo Gogo. Can you believe it?!"

"Personally, I like Zhang Yu's voice." Xie Keyin stated her opinion.

The bell rang, Xie Keyin bid Xinwen goodbye to go to her classroom. But when she stood up, the owner of the chair was standing all along at the side, waiting for her to leave. "Aiyama, why didn't you tell me you wanted to sit?" She laughed.

"You two were talking sincerely. I don't wanna ruin it," Their classmate's reply made them laugh.

"Can you believe it?!" Xinwen retorted as she was laughing.

As soon as Xie Keyin left, their class advisor arrived in the class and told the class about the singing competition. "There will be a singing competition coming next week, so each class will choose a representative to join the contest."

"Next week?!"

"That fast?"

"Can we sing English songs?"

"All queries will be answered after we vote for our contestant," Wang Laoshi called the class president to facilitate the voting of who's going to compete. Kay Song stood up. "Ok, to those who wanted to join please stand up."

Xu Xinwen stood up, she wanted to join the singing contest but she wasn't sure if her classmates will vote for her. There are other qualified and better choices than her, so she was uncertain about herself.

"Seriously? Only Xinwen?" Kay Song asked; grinning.

Xu Xinwen was surprised, she looked at her surroundings and nobody stood up except her. "Can you believe it?! Hey! Stop fooling!" She whined looking at Zuo Zhuo, Lingzi, Victoria Li, Aria Jin, and Jessie Fu. "Why am I the only one standing?"

Everyone in the class laughed.

"We know you're itching to join!" Jessie Fu said.

"I don't wanna hear Zuo Zhuo sing, her high pitch voice is hurting my eardrum," Feng Rouhang gagged.

"True! I keep singing for this class that my throat hurts. Let me rest!" Zuo Zhuo declared, everyone agreed and told her to step down from singing and give others the opportunity.

"It would be unfair to those who wanted to join too," Xinwen told them.

"No, it's not. Aria is out, she won't sing, she'll sleep on the stage." Gia Ge joked about Aria's sleeping habit that the whole class was laughing. Aria Jin woke up from her slumber and looked at her classmates in confusion.

"Good morning, baby girl," Yu Shuxin slid a remark at Aria who just woke up, everyone laughed.

"Come on, Xinwen! We know you wanna do it!"

"Lingzi?" Xinwen called her attention.

Liu Lingzi gave her an X sign. It was settled that Xinwen will be the representative of their class.

"Xinwen, class 3A will rally on your back," Kay Song told her. "Jiayou!"

"Thank you, everyone. I'll do my best! I won't let you down!"

"Jaiyou! Jiayou! Jiayou!" Everyone cheered.

Wang Laoshi told them other stuff for the upcoming school activities and reminded them of the school rules. She told them to think and talk about their expectations for the coming activities while she gets their Moral Education notebook that she had forgotten in the faculty.

Just a couple of seconds later, Xu Jiaqi and Kong Xueer stealthily entered at the back of the classroom and sat on their respective seats.

"What took you two so long?" Yu Shuxin asked Kong Xueer.

"We were watching at 3B and 3C's class. Oh, by the way, who's going to compete for our class?" Xueer asked.

"Xinwen will. How about 3B and 3C?"

Xueer chortled as she thought of the class 3C's representative for the contest.