9: At Least I Try, Before I Finally Give Up On You

Love, 18 Again

Jongin and So-yul sit facing each other. So-yul reads a magazine while Jongin staring lazily at the empty paper that they need to work. Jongin looking at the watch on his phone.


"Is 2 hours feel this long?" Jongin said boredly. He takes his pen and spin it lazily.


"You said you want to prove that there's something going on between Byun Baekhyun and Yoo-jin." So-yul said as she calmly flip another page.


"This will take some time if we want to make it sure that there's something going on between them."


Jongin pouted. Then, he straightened his position.


"It's very fishy when Yoon Yoo-jin knows Baekhyun's childhood phobia. And when Baekhyun heard that Yoon Yoo-jin is our swimmer, he quickly packed his things and run hurriedly like a crazy to the swimming pool."


Jongin take a look at So-yul. "That's enough.. Right?"


So-yul let out a breath. She put the magazine in front of her.


"You know.. Around 5 days ago when Yoo-jin came with puffy eyes? Byun Baekhyun also came with a puffy eyes. I don't know but somehow.. I feel like it's connected."


Jongin gasped in disbelief. He cover his mouth.


"REALLY?! Wow! At that day, Baekhyun looks very awful!"


"Yoo-jin too! She looks really bad!" So-yul said slowly, but loud enough for Jongin to hear. Both of them staring at each other. Then, they're nodding to each other.


"We really need to know about this. Really!"




"Woah. It's been a long time." Yoo-jin said as she's staring at Seoul Metropolitan Library in front of her. Baekhyun chuckled.


"The last time we come here.. Isn't it during your 3rd case?" Baekhyun said as he take a look at Yoo-jin. Yoo-jin nods.


"Yeah. We stayed up until the librarian need to kicked us from there." Yoo-jin said with a smile as she remember about that moment. Baekhyun smiles.


"Let's go then. We only have 2 hours but we probably going to finish this in just 30 minutes." Baekhyun said as he walks entering the library. Yoo-jin laughs.


"You're so cocky, Prosecutor Byun!"


Flashforward
March 10, 2016

Yoo-jin searching up to every shelf diligently. Just then, she found the book. Yoo-jin smiles happily. But the book is at the higest rack. Yoo-jin tiptoeing to get the book eventhough she's wearing 5 cm high heels.


"Aish! A little more again. Just a bit more..-


Just then, someone take the book. Yoo-jin surprised. But she knows very well who's the person behind her as she knows this familiar scent.


"So that heels ain't tall enough to get this book?" Baekhyun said as he cooly take the book and show it in front of Yoo-jin's face. Yoo-jin laughs.


"I purposedly do this so someone will help me. At least, someone as handsome as Jung-jae Oppa."


"Tsk." Baekhyun said as he pouted. Yoo-jin smiles. She's about to turn her body when Baekhyun back hugged her. Yoo-jin chuckled.


"Yah! Everyone can see us!"

"So what?! No one knows us here."


Yoo-jin smiles. She caress Baekhyun's hand.


"How can you know i'm here?"

"I'm your number one's fans." Baekhyun said as he lean his chin into Yoo-jin's shoulder. Yoo-jin laughs. She turns her body and standing facing Baekhyun. Baekhyun wrapped his arms around her waist and without any words, he quietly pressed his lips against hers. Yoo-jin adjust her position as she wrapped her arms around Baekhyun's neck. Both of them smiling.


"You're so naughty, Lawyer Yoon." Baekhyun said cheekily. Yoo-jin smiles.

"You're also so naughty, Prosecutor Byun." Yoo-jin said as she kiss Baekhyun's lips. Baekhyun smiles as he kiss her back. 

 

Flashforward end. Baekhyun and Yoo-jin looking up for the book at the same shelf, but Baekhyun is at the left side while Yoo-jin is on the right side. Yoo-jin is looking for the book seriously, while Baekhyun only staring at her.


"Is there any book about business law?" Yoo-jin mumbling as she's looking for the book diligently, not realizing that the guy in front of her keep staring at her.


"Where is it.." Yoo-jin said as she pouted. The book is not at this shelf. Baekhyun still looking at her. Her hair.. her eyes.. and..


Her lips.


Baekhyun staring at her lips for a while. Then, he bit his lips. He gulped.


"Baekhyun. Do you find it?" Yoo-jin said without looking. But Baekhyun just quiet. All he does is staring at her.


"I can't find the book. Maybe we need to look at another shelf." Yoo-jin said as she's looking at the highest rack, but the book isn't there. Yoo-jin sighs. It's already the edge of the shelf but the book isn't there.



"Let's look at th-



Yoo-jin suddenly quiet. Both Baekhyun and her standing facing each other. Baekhyun just quietly staring at her.


"L.. Let's.. Look.. At there.." Yoo-jin said as she points to another shelf, but then lowering her head as Baekhyun still staring at her. She can feel her cheek slowly turns into red.



"Why.. Why are you staring at me..-



Without saying anything, Baekhyun moves his face closer to Yoo-jin and he kiss her lips. Yoo-jin widen her eyes in surprised. But before she can even do anything, Baekhyun already pull her closer to him and wrapped his arms around her waist. Yoo-jin taps Baekhyun's shoulder and soon, Baekhyun take a look at her.


"What are you doing?!" Yoo-jin said slowly, but loud enough for Baekhyun to hear her. She's looking at around her, make sure no one notice them.


"Kissing you." Baekhyun said nonchalantly. Yoo-jin sighs.



"Aish! I know it but why-

"Why? Can't i do that?"



Yoo-jin suddenly quiet. She's looking at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun just quietly looking at her. It's clearly he's questioning about it. Yoo-jin blinked her eyes. Just then, she take a look at him.


"You can." Yoo-jin said as she kiss his lips. Baekhyun surprised. But then, he smiles as he pull her body closer to him again.


"You better not leaving a lip mark on my shirt."

"Tsk! This is a kiss-proof lipstick!"




Baekhyun and Yoo-jin walking hand in hand. Yoo-jin take a look at Baekhyun, who's sipping on his Iced Americano. Baekhyun turns his head.



"What?"



Yoo-jin shakes her head as she smiles.



"It's been a while we're having a moment like this."



Baekhyun suddenly quiet. He stopped his steps. Yoo-jin take a look at him.



"I'm sorry."



Yoo-jin chuckled. "What is it for?"



"For hurting you." 

 

Yoo-jin gives him a reassuring smile. She walks closer to him as she wipes some Americano that spilled on his corner lips.



"I don't know about you and i'm not going to force you about this.. But i want to fix us." Yoo-jin said as she take a look at him. "I want to change for us. I want to do everything that i could do for us."



Yoo-jin lowering her head. She smiles bitterly.



"But if you still want to break up.. I can't help but to agree with it. I'll agree with your condition. I'm not going to bother you anymore."



Baekhyun just quiet. Yoo-jin taps his shoulder as she makes sure that everything is fine for her.



"Come on. We need to go back to college."



Baekhyun still froze in his position while Yoo-jin slowly walk away from him. Just then, he turns his eyes.



"What makes you still want to work everything for us?"



Yoo-jin stopped her steps. She turns her head to Baekhyun.



"Because i want to fight for it until i think i'll give up. At least.. If we truly separated in the future, i'm not going to regret it."



Yoo-jin smiles. She take a deep breath.



"If you really want to break up.. That'll be the day i'll give up. And if you're not going to work for us.. That'll be the day i'll let go of you."


"At least i'm trying, before i finally give up." 

 

Flashback, the day Baekhyun and Yoo-jin quarreling.

Yoo-jin close the gates as she wipes her tears roughly. She walks slowly while lowering her head.


"I saw you. That day."

"You look so pretty. And my heart hurts for not paying attention to you."

"I'm sorry, Yoo-jin ah."

 

Yoo-jin let out a sighs as she stopped her steps. She turns her head to see the stars that shining brightly above her. Yoo-jin smiles.


"Isn't that means that you're giving up on me?"


"Aigoo.. What makes my youngest child looks so gloomy in this bright night." Yoo-jin's father said as he close the door behind him. Yoo-jin smiles widely.


"What are you doing? You're not sleeping yet?"


"I'm waiting for my only daughter to come home." Her father said as he take a seat at the tiny stairs in front of the terrace. Yoo-jin smiles. She walks to her father and take a seat beside him.


"Eomma already sleep?"


"Of course. She's sleeping 0,5 seconds after she leans her head to the pillow." Her father said jokingly. Yoo-jin laughs. She take a look at her father.


"Appa."

"Hmm?"


Yoo-jin looks hesitated. She bit her lips.


"What if.. In the future.. I can't get married?"


Yoo-jin's father turns his head. He raised his eyebrows.


"What makes you think like that?"


Yoo-jin shrugged. She take a look at the sky.


"Just.. Wondering."


Yoo-jin's father smile. He turns his head.


"At least.. You try it first. Try to make it works before you finally give up."


Yoo-jin take a look at her father. Yoo-jin's father smiles.


"If.. If you're already work for it but it's not working.. Then it's fine. You need to choose what makes you happy. Your happiness is more important."


Yoo-jin just quiet. Her father pats her shoulder


"At least, you're trying. So you won't regret it in the future."


Yoo-jin bit her lips as she tears falling from her eyes. She leans her head to her father's shoulder. Her father take her into his embrace.


"Your happiness is our happiness too. Aigoo.. My daughter. You're growing up so well." 

Flashback end. Baekhyun sit at the swing on his front yard. He's still thinking what Yoo-jin said earlier.


"But if you still want to break up.. I can't help but to agree with it. I'll agree with your condition. I'm not going to bother you anymore."

"So that's more important for you rather than saying any sorry or your thoughts about this matter."



Baekhyun sighs. He leans his back to the swing as he close his eyes.


"I know. I know how much i hurted her. How i only give her pain all these time when her parents trust me so much to take care of their only daughter."


Baekhyun slowly open his eyes. He take a deep breath.


"When i kissed her, i feel like some missing puzzle in my life come back. When i hugged her, i feel like i'm safe. Everything about her, somehow, can complete my broken self and my boring life."


Baekhyun staring blankly at the sky. Yoo-jin's words lingering on his head.


"Because i want to fight for it until i think i'll give up. At least.. If we truly separated in the future, i'm not going to regret it."

"At least i'm trying, before i finally give up."



"The only reason i want to break up with you, is because i feel sorry for you." Baekhyun said to himself. His eyes start to teary.


"I'm not a good man for you, and i'm afraid i would hurt you even more in the future."


Baekhyun let out a sighs. He gets up from his position. Just then, the gates opened. Baekhyun turns his head.


Then, he froze in his position.


"And maybe, he's one of the reason why i keep hurting you."


"What are you doing at this hour?" Baekhyun's father said as he walks passing his son. Baekhyun just quietly looking at his father.


"Let's have a dinner together. It's been a while since i saw you coming home at this hour." His father said as he take off his shoes and walk entering the house. Baekhyun just quiet. He keep staring at an empty spot.

 

"If i do something now.. Will my future change?" 

 

 

 

 

Hello everyonee! Kyaah, their first kiss again after a while 😂🤦‍♀️ what will happen next?? 🤔 enjoy the story! ❤