14: A Conversation Between The 28 Years Old

Love, 18 Again


Yoo-jin staring at the tent in front of her. Then, she turns her head to Baekhyun.


"How can you find this place? We never come to here together."


Baekhyun smile sheepishly. He take a look at Yoo-jin.


"That day.. On your birthday." Baekhyun said as he turns his head to the tent.


"I secretly come to here after asking So-yul where'd you go.. And So-yul scold me before finally tell me your favorite tent."


Yoo-jin turns her head. She take a look at Baekhyun.


"I heard you cry the entire 2 hours from the ahjumma and brought you home after you fall asleep there and going back to sleep at the office because i feel so sorry about that."


Yoo-jin surprised as she just know the truth. She thinks for a while.


"But So-yul said she's the one who brought me back..-


"I asked her to say that when you wake up." Baekhyun said as he smiles bitterly. He let out a sighs.


"I don't have any courage to say anything to you at that time."


Yoo-jin just quiet. She lowering her head. Baekhyun take a look at her.


"Why don't we start to fix the entire thing about us from here?"


Flashforward
November 10, 2019. Yoo-jin's birthday

Yoo-jin entering the tent. Everyone turns their attention to her as she wears a formal dress and a high heels but Yoo-jin doesn't care. She take a seat at the corner.


"Ahjumma! 2 bottles of soju, jiggae, and a portion of jokbal (pig trotters)!" Yoo-jin said lazily. Then, she take a look at her phone. Yoo-jin gasped in disbelief.


"All you do is just one "sorry" message? Tsk. How can i devoted myself for someone like him." Yoo-jin said as she turn off her phone and put it on the table. Soon, her food and soju finally come.


"You're wearing a pretty dress but coming into a tent like this." The ahjumma said as she put the jiggae in front of Yoo-jin. Yoo-jin smiles bitterly.


"I guess you know why." Yoo-jin said as she open the bottle and pour the soju into her glass. Without thinking twice, she quickly drink it in one shot. Ahjumma smiles looking at her.


"Just tell me if you need more soju because i've just restocked that earlier." The ahjumma said as she leaves her alone, know very well that she needs some space. Yoo-jin smiles. But soon, the smile faded away.


"I need him to come. At least to bring me back home." Yoo-jin said as she pours her empty glass. Tears slowly falling from her eyes.


"If he still has some heart left for me.. He'll come, right?"
 


Baekhyun parked his car in front of a mini market. He's looking at around him to make sure this is the right place but soon, he find Yoo-jin's car. Baekhyun sighs.


"Annyeonghaseyo." The ahjumma greet him warmly as he enter the tent. Baekhyun smiles. Then, he's scanning the whole tent and find the girl he is looking for, sleeping with her black Saint Laurent clutch as her pillow. Baekhyun slowly walk approaching her.


"She drinks and cries a lot." Ahjumma said as she clean the table. Baekhyun just quiet.


"Someone must be cancelling her precious event. She keep mentioning how she learn to cook for this moment but ended up throwing all of her food. What a pity woman. She even wear her best dress and put some make up on, but ended up crying and drinking in a tent like this."


That words sure hit Baekhyun really hard. Baekhyun just smiles.


"I'll take her now. Thank you." 

 

Flashforward end. Yoo-jin staring at Baekhyun, who calmly eat some jokbal while humming some unknown melody.


"Stop staring at me and eat this. This is so good that i might finish this plate alone."


"Why'd you come that night?" Yoo-jin said as she's still staring at Baekhyun. Baekhyun blinked his eyes.


"Because i know you throw the food you've cooked. I saw the dustbin." Baekhyun said as he keep eating jokbal. Yoo-jin cocked her head.



"Why don't you say sorry then the next day?"



Baekhyun put his chopsticks. He take a look at Yoo-jin.



"Because i feel so sorry that i don't have any courage to see your face."



Yoo-jin suddenly feels thirsty as she drink her water. Baekhyun chuckled.


"What? It's true though." Baekhyun said as he pour the soju into his glass. Yoo-jin take a look at him.


"Yah! Don't you dare to get drunk!"


"I won't! I don't easily get drunk too!" Baekhyun said as he drink it in one shot. Yoo-jin gasped in disbelief.


"Not easily get drunk? Don't you remember you're such a bad drinker and always doing something crazy whenever you get drunk?!"


Baekhyun suddenly quiet. He rest his chin into his palm as he's looking at Yoo-jin.


"We did it for the first time because i was drunk.. Right?"


"Shut up! You idiot!" Yoo-jin said as she hit Baekhyun's forehead with chopsticks. Baekhyun can't help but laughs.


"But it's true.." He said as he rub his forehead. Then, he pretends to think. "Where is it? In my car?"


"BYUN BAEKHYUN!" Yoo-jin said as she smack Baekhyun's hands. Baekhyun laughs happily.


"Why?~ Why don't we reminiscing something good like that?"

"There are a lot of good memories we did together why don't you reminiscing one of it?!"


Baekhyun just quiet. Then, he smiles.


"Like what? The day i confess? Or the day i proposed you?"


Yoo-jin's eyes softened. Then, she blinked her eyes.


"Baekhyun."

"Hmm?" 

Yoo-jin bit her lips. Then, she take a look at him.



"Why do you like me?"



Baekhyun thinks for a while. He smiles as he's looking at Yoo-jin.



"Because i can see myself in you. Whenever i see you, it feels like i'm looking at my reflection."



Yoo-jin just quiet. Baekhyun chuckled.


"You're hardworking and a determined person, just like 18 years old Baekhyun. Whenever i see you, i see my old self. 28 years old Baekhyun feels like a stranger to me." Baekhyun said as he drink again but this time, Yoo-jin take his glass.


"You'll get drunk soon." Yoo-jin said as she put the glass beside her empty glass. Baekhyun smiles.


"See? You're the only person who take a good care of me and knows every little thing about me."


Baekhyun turns his head. Yoo-jin staring at him.



"Without you, i'm nothing."



Yoo-jin just quiet. Baekhyun turns his attention as he taste the jiggae in front of him.


"Woah! So delicious!"


Yoo-jin chuckled. Soon, a smile formed on her face.


"Let's eat. You said you're hungry earlier." Yoo-jin said as she scoop some jiggae into a bowl and put it in front of Baekhyun. Baekhyun can't help but smile widely.


"But.. I really want to ask this. Where did we do it?"

"Your car. My head keep bumping into the door."

"Wow. I'm so rough and manly."

"Eat before i pour this jiggae to your shirt."

"Let's do it again. I miss you."

"You ert!"

"You want to do it?"

"Aish! Baekhyun!" 

 

*****

The next Saturday


"WHAT?! A.. WHAT?!" Baekhyun said as he gets up from his bed. Sungyeon smile sheepishly.

"A. Date. D. A. T. E." Sungyeon said as she's emphasizing the word date. She take a seat on Baekhyun's chair.

"Jae-hyuk said he got two free pass to Lotte World and he asked me if i'm free this Sunday AND OF COURSE I'M FREE! I'M SO HAPPY!" Sungyeon said as she jump into Baekhyun's bed happily and hug his bolsters.

"I think i'll ended up as a nun but actually someone asked me to a date! I'm so grateful!" Sungyeon said as she kiss the bolsters. Baekhyun let out a sighs.


"I prefer you to be a nun. And stop kissing that bolsters. I'm drooling there." Baekhyun said as he walk out from his room. Sungyeon quickly throw the bolsters to the floor.


"BAEKHYUN!!!!"



"WHAT?! A DATE?!!!" Yoo-jin said as she cough. She put the milk into the table.


"WOAH REALLY! SO THEY ACTUALLY TEXTED EACH OTHER?! CHOI JAE-HYUK THAT PUNK!"


Baekhyun thinned his lips. "Yah! Watch your mouth! And stop yelling in my ears!"


"I can't believe that guy." Yoo-jin said as she sits on her couch, push sleeping Yoo-gyeom to the floor with her . Yoo-gyeom groans.

"AISH! YOON YOO-JIN!"

"What?!" Yoo-jin said as she glares at him. Yoo-gyeom rub his back as he walk to his room. Yoo-jin put her phone to her ear again.


"So? What will you do?"


Baekhyun lays his body to the couch. He thinks for a while.


"I don't know. My head feels dizzy out of a sudden."


Just then, Baekhyun gets up from his position. A smile come into his face.


"No. I have an idea." Baekhyun said as he's staring at Sungyeon, who's walking out from his room and walk heading to her room. Baekhyun smirks.


"A veeeeery, very, good idea."

 

 

 

 

 

Hiii new updates! Enjoy the story! 🤗🤗