HER Hero…Or HIS Hero

I'm Your Man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch4UAY1Tn7c 

It was Friday and everyone was in a rush to go home after school ended. Bo Mi and her brother had after school detention, the two sat in the quite room on opposite ends. Jae Ho looked up at her through half closed eyes and then lay back down and covered his face. Bo Mi turned to the side of her desk so he couldn’t peek at her anymore. He let out a sigh before kicking his desk.

“How long are you gonna stay mad at me kid?” Jae Ho questioned.

She looked over at her brother before sticking her tongue out at him behind his back. “How about until you stop getting me detention.”

“It’s not like I knew your teacher would get made if I came to class to give you some money for lunch.” Jae Ho said simply as he let out another sigh. He hated it when Bo Mi stopped talking to him.

“What do you mean you didn’t know?” She said as she threw her arms up, it was safe to say it was a good thing the teacher left the room. “You barged in the room without permission and shouted out “Baby Bear I brought you money so you wouldn’t have to steal anyone else’s honey!!!! Come get your lunch money!!”” She scrunched her nose up. “Stop treating me like some kid.”

Jae Ho moved to the desk next to her and smiled. “You know you used to do that to me all the time when you were made at me.” He said as he pinched her nose, she pushed his hand away and he held it to his heart. “Okay, I Park Jae Ho promise to never land you another detention.”

“Liar.” Bo Mi said with a small laughed as she gave him a shove. “Come tomorrow I’ll have another.”

The teacher walked back into the room and looked at the two. “Times up…you two can go home now. Try and have a nice TROUBLE free weekend.”

Jae Ho threw his arm over his sister’s shoulder and smirked. “Come on…you know that word has no meaning when it comes to the Park siblings.”

The teacher laughed as she pointed to the door. “Get out you two.”

“Yes ma’am!” Bo Mi said with a salute as she and Jae Ho left the room and then the building. Jae Ho stretched as he looked down at her.

“So where do you want to go Baby Bear?”

“What do you mean? You had plans with the guys so why don’t you go?”

“And leave you alone on a Friday? No way!”

She laughed as she pushed his arm away. “Go away oppa.”

“Fine.” He said as he started walking away backwards. He threw his hands out to her. “I’ll be back!You will find me again, I’ll be back then, nobody can like you more than I do!” He sang as he waved.

Bo Mi laughed as she rolled her eyes. “PABO!” She shouted after him, she waited for him to disappear before walking on her way. “So Bo Mi what shall we do today?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ricky was running errands for his mother, he walked out of the store and spotted Bo Mi coming his way down the street. He smiled as he watched her pass by him, she didn’t notice he was there. With a small smile he shook his head.

“Why would she notice you Ricky?” *Not like you two are friends…Happy Birthday to me.* He thought in depression. His eyes wandered back to her figure as a couple of guys walked out from an ally walked up behind her. “What are they doing?”

Ricky followed as the guys laughed and whispered to each other. One of them gave the other a high five as he walked out faster to get in front of him. Bo Mi stopped for a moment to avoid a collision and then looked behind her at the others. Giving an uneasy look she turned down one way and they followed suite.

*Where are you know Jae Ho sunbae?* He thought anxiously as he watched the scene unfold. It reminded him of some super hero movie, Bo Mi being the damsel in distress. The guys cornered her into an ally way and he hid behind some trash bags.

“Well, well, well…if it isn’t baby Bo Mi.” One boy said as he looked around. “But she’s out without her knight and shining armor. Where is that brother of yours?”

Bo Mi was shy, not a chicken. She held her head up high and gave a sarcastic remark similar to something Jae Ho would say. “How the heck should I know? If you want to keep tabs on my brother why not ask his tab keeper?”

The guys face turned and he stepped closer. “I would watch it if I were you little girl.” He said as he rolled his eyes. “So your brother thought he could steal my girl and get away with it huh? I should return the favor.”

“Not my fault your “girl” has good taste in men…although he can be a bit of a bother.”

He snapped his finger and two of the guys grabbed her by the arms. “You sure do have a mouth on you kid.” He said as he held her face up. “Since he stole my girl it’s only fair I take one of his right? Must be my lucky day. The love of a brother can be a big weakness. Wonder how he’ll feel knowing I deflowered his sister.”

Ricky panicked as he heard his words. “D...Deflower?” He looked back before taking a deep breath. *Don’t worry Bo Mi…I’ll save you!* He thought as he inched closer. A garbage bag fell and the guys all looked back.

“Who’s there?”

*Darn it…so much for a big entrance.* He thought as he slowly stepped out of hiding and put his bags down. “Leave her alone!”

The guys all cracked into a fit of laughter, Bo Mi could see how hurt Ricky looked. *How could they just laugh at him for being so noble? Tch none of them could beat Jae Ho oppa…I bet Ricky can take them on as well.* “Ricky!” She shouted with a smile.

Ricky looked up at the smile on her face and grew some courage. “I was serious!” He said as he took a step forward. “Let her go!”

The lead guy walked over to Ricky and bent down to his level. “Or what?” Ricky threw a punch at him but the guy stepped out the way, his friends laughed as Ricky tried again but missed. The leader pulled his hand behind his back and then threw him to Bo Mi’s side.

“Ow!” He said as he fell onto his .

“Ricky!” Bo Mi yelled out as she pulled away from her captors and knelt down beside him. “Did he hurt you?”

“N..No.” He said as he blushed, she had her hand on his arm and was close to him. As the guys moved closer he pushed her behind him. “S..Stay behind me Bo Mi!”

“Look at him trying to be the hero.” One guys said as he clucked his tounge. “Too bad he doesn’t have much to put on the table.”

“Shut up!” Bo Mi shouted out to the guys as she stood up. “You losers are nothing more than bullies! Punching bags for my oppa and his friends! Don’t look down on Ricky!” She helped Ricky up and stood beside him.

The lead guy laughed once more as he pushed her down, Ricky grew furious and charged for the guy. In one fluid swing blood splattered onto the ground and Bo Mi covered in shock. After a few seconds of staring at him Ricky fell to the ground and covered his bleeding face. Bo Mi quickly crawled to his side feeling guilty of causing the hit.

*Why did I go and open my big mouth?!* “Ricky are you okay?” He looked away from her and nodded. Bo Mi looked at the guys and then got closer to him so that she was close to his ear. “Ricky…count to three in your head…once three hits you go to the left and I take the right.”

He looked at her confused but did as told. When he got to three he bolted up and ran for it. “That little punk!” The guys shouted as he turned to go after him.

“Hey tough guy!” Bo Mi shouted, he turned around but was knocked out by her slamming a piece of metal against his face. “That’s for being a douche.” She said before running off as well.

“Get them!”

She quickly grabbed Ricky’s bags and then grabbed his hand. “Follow me!”

Ricky followed her and starred at her back, he had one hand over his face still. *Wow…she sure does have some strength.*

It felt like hours before the two stopped running. Bo Mi had left Ricky to go and but a first aid kit. When she came back she stood in front of the bend and started taking out some supplies. “Move your hand.” He shook his head and she laughed. “Please?” She said with a soft voice.

Ricky gave in and moved his hand. “Does it look bad?”

“It’s bleeding a lot but doesn’t look too serious. She slowly whipped the blood away and then started cleaning his busted lip. When he winced in pain she blew were it burned then started apply ointment. “I’m sorry…I opened my big mouth back there and got you punch.”

“It’s not your fault.” He said simply as he watched her put a bandage on his lip and then plug up his nose.

“Still you got hurt trying to protect me.” She stated as she sat down by him and handed him one of the drinks she just bought. “Guess that’s why Jae Ho oppa doesn’t like me out and alone.”

“Looks to me like you can handle yourself.” He said as he rolled his eyes, he couldn’t believe she was the shy Bo Mi.

She laughed. “That was nothing. My brother has kind of an arrogant aura when it comes to other guys so he makes enemies easy. With a pain like him you have to know how to run away.” She stated as she looked at Ricky. “How did you spot us anyways?”

“I was actually out getting some things for my umma and saw then corner you.” Ricky said coolly, he didn’t want her to know he followed them because he was worried.

“Hence the bag. What’s in their anyways?” She peeked inside and then covered with a gasp. “Today is your birthday?!”

“Yup…February 27.”

“Now I feel worse…I got you hit on your birthday. Now you have to go home with a busted lip and bloody nose. I’m so horrible!”

“It’s really no big deal.” Ricky said. His ego was the thing that hurt the most, he couldn’t protect her back there.

“I know this doesn’t make up for it but…” She took a Popsicle out her bag, it was SpongeBob with gumball eyes. “Happy Birthday Yoo Chang Hyun!” She shouted with a huge grin. “And I wish you many more to come. Maybe next time I can give you a real present…that doesn’t involve bullies.” She joked as she stood up to leave. “Make sure you change that bandage when you get home with a scar preventive band aid.”

 Bo Mi advised as she pointed to her lip. “We wouldn’t want a scar on your face now would we Lovely Boy?” She giggled as she walked off. “Bye bye!”

Ricky watched her leave and his heart beat finally slowed down. “Wow…who knew getting hit could hurt so hard…yet make me smile so big. If it wasn’t for that punch she wouldn’t have gotten that close…or even said Happy Birthday.” He looked at his Popsicle and grinned. “Best birthday ever.” He stated before popping it into his mouth and walking away as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night Bo Mi logged onto the computer to get a message from her friend.

ShyBoyR: “How was your day Bo Mi ah?”

PandaBearBomi: “It was horrible! I accidently got this really nice boy from class punched in the face. His lip was busted and his nose was bleeding! >.< I was so scared when those guys cornered  me. Seeing him made me grab up the courage to actually try and get out of there without calling my brother.”

ShyBoyR: “I bet he was manly wasn’t he?”

PandaBearBomi: “O.o”

ShyBoyR: “I mean I wasn’t trying to sound weird or anything…just saying. I mean I like girls, I told you about the one I was crushing on!”

PandaBearBomi: “Lol XP I know, I was just messing with you. Manly…manly would be Jae Ho oppa…or even Dongho oppa, even if he doesn’t look it he can be very manly! Ricky is more of the adorable maknae type! You see him and you just want to pinch his cheeks!”

ShyBoyR: “Is that so… ^^” He sounds really…cute. ”

PandaBearBomi: “But the worst part about today is…today is his birthday! I got him injured on his special day! >.> I don’t know why I do stupid things like that. Bo Mi is such a pabo.”

ShyBoyR: “I don’t think Bo Mi is a pabo. I bet the boy was impressed and actually had the best birthday of his life. I mean what guy wouldn’t when he gets to spend some time with such a pretty girl.”

PandaBearBomi: “Pretty? You’ve only seen my profile pic. Lol But I don’t think he thinks like that. He doesn’t seem to like me very much.”

ShyBoyR: “Impossible…I bet he’s just shy around you. Should I come to school and beat him up for you. Then he’ll have to like you.”

PandaBearBomi: “No way Chan Hee! I should head out not to go eat dinner. I’m really glad I have someone to talk to like you Chan Hee. I talk to my brother but some things…he just wouldn’t be good company you know?”

ShyBoyR: “I’m glad I can talk to you as well. Have a good night Bo Mi ah!”

PandaBearBomi: “You have a good night as well Chan Hee! Oh and I checked out your profile a minute ago…why didn’t you speak up and say it was your birthday as well. You and Ricky share something in common. HAPPY BRITHDAY SHYBOYR CHAN HEE!! This is Bo Mi sighing off! J”

Ricky shut down his compute and sat back in his chair. “So Bo Mi thinks I’m adorable and maknae material…” He sighed as he ruffled his hair. “Aigoo! That isn’t scoring me any points. She made it sound like I was her kid brother or something.” *Bo Mi I don’t want you to see me as adorable…I want you to see me as a man.* He looked over to his elementary school photo.

In the picture was him, Changjo and their class. Bo Mi was positioned right in front of him and his eyes were looking in her direction as she starred at the camera with her hands behind her back shyly. “Why do you never seem to notice my feeling for you?”