Dongho's Story

I'm Your Man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSX0OlgADTU

Bo Mi laughed as Dongho led her around the fair. He treated her to many different kinds of food,  and let her try anything she wanted. After successfully winning him a small Angry Bird stuffed animal she tossed out her ice cream cup and stretched.

“Wow…it’s so late already. We should try calling the others again so we can head back to the house.” She said as she smiled at him. “What do you think Dongho oppa?” He looked at her with a soft smile, grabbing her hand he pulled her along once more. “Dongho oppa, where are we going now?”

He pulled her along to the Ferris wheel and then looked at her. “I want to ride with you.”

“But we already went on that.” She commented.

“Please?” He said as he put his hands together in a pleading manner and looked up at her. “After this I’ll call your brother and we can all meet up to go home.”

Bo Mi looked at him shocked before smiling and shaking her head. “This must be what it feels like when I pull the aegyo card on Jae Ho oppa. I guess it wouldn’t hurt to ride it one more time.” She said as they moved up in line, sitting down in there cart Bo Mi smiled as it moved. “The view can’t get any better then up here.”

Dongho looked at her and nodded. “Makes everything your thinking about seem like nothing.” He commented, she turned to look at him.

*What’s he thinking about?* She thought as she starred in his eyes. *He looks so sad…* “Dongho oppa…” His gaze looked down at her. “What’s on your mind?”

“Ji Young…” He said with a small smile.

“Ji Young?”

“When I first entered high school I met a girl. She was so much like you that I thought you guys might be long lost sisters or something. Her name was Ji Young. Took me awhile to ask her out but I did. She was so fun to be around.”

Bo Mi thought back to his first year in highschool.

“Jae Ho oppa can I hang out with you guys today?”

“No way Bo Mi! We’re meeting Dongho’s girlfriend and we don’t need some middle schooler slowing us down.”

“No worries Bo Mi bear, you can meet her one day as well if you would like. You two would get along just perfectly.”

“I remember you guys talking about a girl…”

“Yeah…”

“So then what happened?” Bo Mi asked with curiosity.

“She died.” Dongho said in a soft, low tone. “We had just finished fighting and she stormed off. I was supposed to walk her home that night and make sure she was safe.” Dongho’s eyes began to tear up as he spoke. “No matter how much I try I can’t remember what we fought about…it must have been something dumb if I forgot.”

Tears started to fall down his face and he quickly whipped them away. “I can still remember it now. Her mother calling me to say she never made it home, and me chasing after her. It all happened so fast, the driver couldn’t stop in time. Just like that she was gone, and it’s my fault.”

Bo Mi’s eyes were watery as well. She watched him break down and cry before her own tears fell. “It wasn’t your fault Dongho oppa. It was just bad timing.”

“I know that…but my mind keeps saying otherwise.” He pulled Bo Mi in for a hug and hid his face in her shoulder. “That’s when all the shields were put up. I didn’t want to hurt anyone I cared for anymore…”

Bo Mi wrapped her arms around him as well. “It’s okay Dongho oppa…” *What can I say to make things better for him? I don’t know what I’m supposed to do…* She thought confused.

The two staid on the ride like that for three more rounds. It was silent, Bo Mi let Dongho cry and proved the shoulder to lean on and comfort. She was afraid that anything she said could have hurt him. Finally getting off they stood at the entrance. Bo Mi called up Jae Ho.

“Where are you at?”

“The entrance, you guys?”

“On our way to meet you.”

She pouted. “It’s just like the time you ditched me in Lotte World when we were kids.”

Jae Ho laughed. “You’re still a kid, and I said I was sorry. I didn’t know Umma and Appa would drive off without making sure you were in the car.”

She stuck her tongue out at the phone before hanging up on him. “Jerk…” Looking over at Dongho she gave a soft smile, he looked better than before he told her the story. “How are you holding up over there oppa?”

“Fine.” He said as he looked at her. “You always find more and more ways to make me happy Bo Mi.” Dongho said as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

Bo Mi looked up at him and smiled. “What are friends for right?” Holding out her hand he grinned and took it. “You can count on me not to tell the others either.”

He laughed as he rubbed the back of his neck. “Right…I almost forgot I cried back there.”

Bo Mi laughed. “There you guys are!” Jae Ho called out with a wave.

“Bo Mi!” Subin called with a grin as she waved to her. “We missed you!”

She laughed and ran over to her friends. “Missed me? You guys ditched me!”

Minseo shook her head. “No! Jae Ho oppa and his friends kidnapped us!” She said as she gave Bo Mi a hug. “He made us go in the haunted house and everything!”

Jae Ho walked over to Dongho and smiled. “So did you two have fun?”

Dongho looked at him and blinked. “What do you mean? We didn’t do anything.” He lied.

“R…Really?” Jae Ho asked as he gave a shocked look. “But I left you for hours!”

“You’ll never know what went on.” He said before walking away while whistling.

“What went on? Dongho tell me!” Jae Ho called after him. “This isn’t funny!”

The group laughed as he chased Dongho away.