Confrontation Four: The Romantic Brother

I'm Your Man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8sjkMBf4p0

~Confrontation Four: The Romantic Brother~

It was the day of the music class performances. The teacher gave the students time to prepare themselves and finish up any loose ends to the songs. Bo Mi stood outside on the roof and let out a long breath.  Unlike her brother she was more quite so doing things in front of the class was her weak point. She sighed as she looked up at the sky.

“I think I’m going to be the one to mess up the group.” She mumbled as she shook her head. “Feeling sick already and we didn’t even start yet.”

The door to the roof opened and she looked back, taking note to who was there she focused onto the sky. Dongho walked over to her and leaned over the railing next to her, he too looked into the sky. With a small smile he nudged her. When she didn’t respond he shook his head before sighing.

“Well I was going to offer someone their favorite cheer up snack but since they aren’t paying attention to me I can eat it all by myself.” He said as he took out a box of pockey and put a stick in his mouth. “Mmm…tasty.”

Bo Mi looked over at him out of the corner of her eyes. “I’m not a kid anymore oppa, that isn’t going to work on me.”

He shrugged as if to signify him not caring. Taking another bite he made another noise. “It just tastes way too good! to eat this all alone.”

She stomped her foot onto the ground before facing him. “Okay I get it!” She shouted as she pouted. “I’m up here because I’m too nervous to do the performance. I’m going to remain up here until the end of the day! Now share!”

Dongho laughed as he handed her the box and watched her put a stick in and started eating like a squirrel. “So you’re not a kid anymore huh?” He ruffled her hair and then grinned. “Don’t worry about the performance. If you screw it up I’ll make sure to do something to keep all eyes off of you.” He stated as he looked into her eyes. “Trust me though, you’ll be fine.”

Bo Mi rolled her eyes and nodded. “Sure sure…because you and Jae Ho oppa both are so well at keeping those types of promises. Like the one you kept back when we were suposed to do that play together in middle school.” Bo Mi said with little faith in his words. “Nice try in cheering me up though.”

Laughing he nodded as he waved. “What are friends for Bo Mi bear?” He said as he walked over to the door. “Don’t be late though.”

She nodded as the door closed. “Finally alone again! Plus I now have you.” She spoke to her new treat before eating another.  Hearing footsteps on the roof she side. “Dongoho oppa won’t you just go to---“ She stopped when she spotted a different face. “Oh…”

“Who would have though such a pretty girl would be one to talk to boxes. I’m sure you have more friends out there than that.”

She laughed as she nervously rubbed the back of her neck. *Great…now I’ll forever be crazy.* “Of course I do Niel oppa. I was just goofing off.”

“I know.” He said as he laughed. “But I thought teasing you might be fun, turns out I was right.”

She laughed at the comment. “Well then glad I can make you smile. What brings you up to the roof?”

Niel shrugged as he stood against the door with his foot propped up. He starred off the roof into the distance. “I come up here sometimes to think I guess.”

“Oh.” She said with a nod. “I’ll be quiet then.”

The two staid in there spots in silence, Niel let out a small chuckle. She looked over at him and tilted her head in confusion. Niel looked at her as well and put his hands in his pocket.

“Can I ask for your advice?”

“Sure.”

“So let’s say I have this friend and he likes someone…but he wants to make sure he is strong enough to stay by her side and man enough to be called her boyfriend.” Niel started with a soft look on his face. “What should he do to become the man she needs him to be?”

“That’s real easy!” Bo Mi said as she put her hands behind her back and smiled. “The best way for a guy to show how much of a man he truly is would be to be himself. A real man is himself no matter how others perceive him.”

“Is that so?” Niel asked as he pushed himself off the wall and walked over to Bo Mi. Looking down at her he smiled. “So then Bo Mi, tell me what your version of a man would be then. What exactly do you look for in a guy?”

“Me?” She said as she took a moment to think about it. “I don’t really care about anything on the outside that’s for sure.” She said honestly. “I’ve seen so many cute guys turn out to be the biggest monsters in the world. I want a guy who is kind.” Came her simple reply. “If he looks cute that’s a bonus but I just want him to be nice to everyone…that’s a good start at least.”

Niel nodded before putting his hands back in his pockets. “You know out of all the girls I’ve seen and the few I’ve dated they all wanted someone beautiful. You on the other hand only care about his heart. That takes a lot of training to think like that Bo Mi.” He said as he turned away from her. “To think I figured all a guy needed was to be romantic and he could get by. Don’t ever change your way of thinking Bo Mi.” He said as he waved. “Time for class. See ya!”

“Huh?” The bell rung as he left her standing there alone. “What’s with these guys and there cryptic appearances?!” Bo Mi shouted out in confusion. “What could I possibly be missing here?!” Another bell rung signaling late students. “Gah! I’m missing class!” She shouted as she bolted for the door.

 

***********************

Author's Note: Sorry for taking so long to update guys! Things have been a bit off lately and I don't get as much time as I used to on my laptop. Once again I am sorry.