The Truth Is

I'm Your Man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auns7V0BPho

~The Truth Is~

Bo Mi looked in the mirror as she straightened her shirt. Turning around a bit she nodded at herself. Jae Ho was lying on her bed reading a magazine, peeking over at her he sighed. In one fluid motion he sat up and tossed the magazine at the back of her head. She turned around while putting her head in the spot that was hit and starred at him.

“Ow…what was that for oppa?”

“You’ve been in front of that mirror for hours, any longer and I’m going to start calling you Mirror Princess and send you on a date with Jeong Min instead of Dongho.” He commented as he shook his head. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing is wrong.” She lied as she faced the mirror once again.

Jae Ho softened as he patted the bed. “Come over here and talk to me, I can tell when something is up with you Bo Mi bear so no point in hiding it.”

“Okay.” She said with a sigh as she sat down next to him, she starred at the wall as she spoke. “I’m not too sure about going out with Dongho oppa today. I mean I feel as though it isn’t fair to him or to me. I only said yes because everyone was staring at me.” Looking at her brother she gave a small smile. “Besides I have a feeling that I should be with someone else, I just don’t think I have the guts to say it to him.”

“Ah so you like someone already.” Jae Ho said as he looked at her. “Then going out with Dongho is unfair. It’s also a bit cruel since he strongly believes he likes you a lot.” He pointed out as he smiled. “So who’s the guy?”

“It doesn’t matter, were currently not on speaking terms.” She said as she looked away. “Maybe if I go out with Dongho oppa today he’ll see that he doesn’t  really like me and then I’ll be off the hook. I mean it wouldn’t kill anyone to give it a chance right?”

“Look kid, as your big brother I’m kind of obligated to give you good advice. In reality I really want to tell you to remain single forever, become a nun, and own at least three cats that can be your company when I’m not around.” Bo Mi laughed at the statement. “The brother of me is going to say you can give this a shot but in the end don’t keep things going out of pity or kindness for Dongho. You need to worry about your own feelings and follow your heart.”

Bo Mi nodded as she smiled. “You know Jae Ho oppa, we get into stupid arguments but you are a really great older brother!” Pulling him in for a hug Bo Mi planted a huge kiss on his cheek. “I love you!”

“Alright already!” Jae Ho said as he tried to free himself from her hold. “I get it okay, I love you too.”

Dongho peeked in the room and saw the two siblings, softly smiling he knocked on the door. “You ready to go now Bo Mi?”

Looking up at him she smiled and nodded. “Yes.” She walked over to Dongho and looked back at Jae Ho. “I’ll be back soon Jae Ho oppa.”

Jae Ho nodded and watched the two leave the room. Falling back on the bed he closed his eyes. “With Bo Mi as a sister I’m going to grow grey hair before I graduate. Then again she’s always been that way.” He said with a chuckle.. “I hope things work out for you kid.”

********

The walk to the café that Dongho took Bo Mi too was very quiet. Both of them were lost in their own thoughts to actually start a conversation. After getting there order they sat down by a window, Bo Mi poked at her cupcake while Dongho took a sip of his tea. He looked up at her and smiled, she was cute when she was in deep thought. Playing with his spoon he decided to speak up.

“So what’s on your mind?”

“Huh?” She looked up at him.

Laughing Dongho shook his head. “You’re not even listening to me. I said what’s on your mind?”

“Oh, nothing much.” Bo Mi replied as she finally took a bite of her cupcake. She looked at him and smiled. “This is a cute café, thank you for taking me here.”

He nodded as he looked around. “This was the place I took Ji Young for our first date.” Dongho said as he smiled at the thought. “We sat in this spot because she liked the window seats the best.”

“Really? I do too.” Bo Mi said as she smiled. “I think I would have been real close to your Ji Young.”

“I know.” Dongho said as he looked at her with a serious expression. “That’s why I think it’s fair to be honest here.”

“Honest about what?”

“Despite what your brother thinks I’m not trying to use you as a replacement.” He said as he starred into her eyes. “I was thinking hard about it last night after our fight---“

“You and Jae Ho oppa fought?”

“Yeah and I came to realize something important. I didn’t date Ji Young because she was Ji Young but because she was kind of like another you to me. Ever since I first met you I’ve liked you, and I never had the guts to say anything because I didn’t want to ruin our friendship or my friendship with Jae Ho. Ji Young came into my life and it was freaky how she reminded me of you so I dated her.”

Dongho chuckled at his words. “All this time I never really noticed it. Bo Mi I do love you and I’ve always loved you. Nothing is going to change that ever. I finally remembered the fight me and Ji Young had gotten into…I had called her your name and she was upset.” He stated as he remembered the fight.

Dongho looked at his watch and smiled. “Looks like it’s time I get you home.”

Ji Young nodded as she linked arms with him. “That movie was so cute! Maybe next time we can go with your friends and their dates.”

“Those guys would never sit through such a chick flick Bo Mi.”

“Again.” Ji Young said as she let his arm go and looked at him.

“Dang, I meant Ji Young! Sorry about that.” Dongho said as he nervously rubbed his neck. “She likes those kinds of movies, and usually when we finish watching one she always links arms with me.”

“That’s not a good excuse Dongho.” Ji Young stated. “I’m fine with you being friends with other girls, and hanging out with them but it sounds to me like you like this Bo Mi girl.”

“You know it’s not like that Ji Young.” He said as he started walking, she followed behind waiting to hear more. “I’ve been her friend for a long time, I mean me and her brother are practically brothers. If he doesn’t watch those movies with her then she would have to see them alone so I tag along. It’s nothing more than that.”

“So then why do you keep calling me by her name?”

“It’s an accident.”

“Wow Dongho…even I can hear the change in your voice when you say her name. I think maybe you like her more then you are willing to admit. I don’t like being anyone’s second.”

“Jeez…she would never complain this much.”

“There you go again!” Ji Young shouted as she stopped walking. “I’m not her and she’s not me! If you like her so much then you don’t need me around!” She said upset. “I’m going home on my own!”

Dongho shrugged, he was annoyed and felt a bit guilty. “Fine then…” Came his simple reply. “I’m not going to beg you to let me walk you home. If you want to ge upset over something so trivial then I’ll let you blow off some steam.”

Ji Young turned around and stormed away.

“I couldn’t tell back then but she was right. I was with her to replace you since I couldn’t be with you. I just want you to be happy Bo Mi. If you need me to there for you as a friend then I will. I get this feeling that you like Ricky and if that’s the case you need to tell him before it’s too late.”

Bo Mi took a few minutes to process everything he just said. She looked up at him. “But Dongho oppa what about you?”

“Don’t worry about me Bo Mi. It’s time you put your happiness before anyone else’s.”

She nodded. “Thank you Dongho oppa.”

Dongho nodded. “So what are you going to do?”

“I don’t know…Ricky is mad at me at the moment.”

“Then how about I help you out for causing so much trouble?” He asked as he gave a smirk and leaned over the table to her. “Here is what you’re going to do.”

Bo Mi nodded as she listened to his master plan.