Final Confrontation: The Eldest Brother

I'm Your Man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik6s0hak8Mk

~Final Confrontation: The Eldest Brother~

It was Friday and everyone sat around in class chatting away with each other. The teacher had left the class alone to attend a parent conference for a short time. The substitute teacher sat at the desk reading a book keeping to himself. Bo Mi entered the door and handed over the pass, when she turned to the class her eyes landed on Ricky. He looked up at her and then looked away.

With a sigh she dragged her feet back to her desk and sat down. It had been three days since Ricky started ignoring her and she felt horrible, she didn’t know why though. Letting out a sigh she took out her Manga and decided to read to keep her mind busy. Changjo leaned back in his chair to get a glimpse of her sad face before he sat up straight again and looked at Ricky. Ricky starred at him confused.

“So are you really still made at her?”

“What do you mean?” Ricky asked confused.

“What do I mean.” Changjo said as he shook his head. “I mean avoiding her looks, and hiding from her in the halls and gym class. It’s really childish.” He stated as he folded his arms. “And for someone who claims to care about her you sure are causing her some pain don’t you think?”

“So what?” He asked as he crossed his arms with a pout. “I’m hurt as well. She can manage for the time being.”

Changjo sighed. “For someone who wants to be seen as a man so badly you really are childish. If you really want her to see you as a man you would stop acting like some kid and get over the situation. So another guy is taking her out, doesn’t mean she is going to become his girlfriend. If anything she only agreed because everything happened so fast and she didn’t want to embarrass him in front of all those people.

It’s never too late to try and win over the girl you love. Keep pushing her away and she might end up falling for Dongho faster than you can keep up with your own thoughts.” He stated as the teacher walked in an let the substitute go.

Ricky looked at his friend as the teacher began talking. After starring for a few seconds he turned to the front of the room and put his head down on his desk. He closed his eyes as he frowned. He didn’t like the fact that Changjo brought up such a good point. He wanted to mop around about the whole thing and be selfish. He just wanted to give up.

***********

The bell run, Ricky was the first out the door. Bo Mi’s bottom lip poked out as she starred at the door. Changjo walked over to her and smiled with a wave. She looked over at him shocked that he was standing by her. He smirked.

“What’s with the look?”

“I was sure you all would avoid me since I made Ricky mad.” She said as she looked at him. “Does that mean you aren’t mad at me?” Bo Mi asked with a hopeful tone.”

“No.” Changjo said causing her shoulders to lower. “Because I was never mad at you from the start.”

She grinned as she looked up at him. “That’s good to hear!” Bo Mi looked at him and then put a finger to her bottom lip in thought. “But if you’re not mad at me for making Ricky upset then that means you can tell me what I did wrong. Or maybe that goes against some guy code.”

“Nope.” Changjo said as he leaned against the desk behind him. “In all honesty Ricky is just being a big baby over something stupid that happened.”

“Really? What is it?”

“It’s not my place to tell you.” He said chuckling at her expression. “Trust me though it isn’t a guy code thing. It’s a understanding thing. I’ve been in his shoes once before so I know what’s going on through his mind. I bet if you give it the weekend he’ll be back to his old self. You worry too much.”

“You’re probably right.” She said as she laughed at herself. “I was moping over nothing then. I’m releaved.”

“Just keep your head up.” He said as he knocked his knuckles against her forehead. “You don’t look right when you mope around like that. Enjoy your weakened Bo Mi.” He called out as he left her alone with a wave of his hand.

“He looked kind of cool right there.” Bo Mi said with a smile of admiration. “Who knew he would be able to cheer me up like that?” She asked no one as she grabbed her bag and headed for the door. “I can see that jerk Jae Ho oppa didn’t wait to walk me home today. Babo.”

**********

CAP looked at his watch and then back at the school. “These kids think I have all day to wait outside for them to take them home.” He said in slight irritation, he leaned on his car and sighed. “I’ll give them a few seconds before I bolt.”

Just then he heard someone talking, turning to the side he saw a familiar face walking out of the school gates. She seemed to be engaged in a serious self-conversation. Looking around to make sure no one was around he pushed himself off the car and walked up behind her. Getting close enough to her he reached his hand out to grab her shoulder when she suddenly stopped. Suddenly bumping into her he paused and gave a strange look, she turned around to see who bumped into her.

Both of them starred at each other for what seemed like hours before she stepped back and smiled. His eyes automatically squinted at the random smile, he didn’t expect her to take the bump so nicely. Shaking his thoughts out his head he gave an equally friendly smile.

“Bo Mi right?”

“That would be correct CAP oppa.” She said as she looked around. “Guess you came to pick up the guys?”

“Yeah.” He said as he rubbed the back of his neck a bit embarrassed to admit him coming back to High School to pick up his friends. “We have never met before but you know my name, I hope when Ricky told you about me he was kind?”

“Actually I’ve seen you with him before, plus you’re still popular with the girls from school.” She stated as she giggled a bit. “Ricky has spoken kindly of you though.”

CAP nodded in approval. “That’s good to know. I know all the guys have spoken to you already.”

“Yeah, I was actually wandering what that was all about.” She said as she looked up at him. “I mean each one talked to me about Ricky, and relationship type things. What is going on that I don’t know about?”

“So you are dense.”

“D…dense?” She questioned.

“Look I’m older than the guys.” CAP started off as he took his shades off so she could see his eyes. “I’m not going to waste any time playing those little childish games they all take part in. To put things plan and simple Ricky is crushing on you hard, he has been for some time from my understanding.”

“What?” Bo Mi asked confused as she shook her head. “That’s crazy, he isn’t even talking to me right now.”

“Because he’s hurt that you’re going out with Dongho.” He clarified as he shrugged. “Nothing big really but he’s still a kid at times. Ricky really wants to be your guy but you keep treating him like a kid. You make him feel like a little brother rather than a boy who is the same age as you and who can be a possible relationship partner for you.

As an older male let me give you some advice. Instead of treating Ricky like some adorable kid who you look to as someone who is all cutes and nothing more try treating him like a boy. The same way you treat this Dongho kid he told me about. Do that and Ricky can not only talk to you on a more serious level but he will also be able to show you that he could really be a good man for you.” CAP said as he stared at her. “Got it?”

Bo Mi starred at him with a blank face. Nobody has ever said anything like that to her before. She looked down at the ground to try and process what he said to her.

“There you are Bo Mi!” The two turned to the side as Dongho ran over. “I was looking all over for you! I wanted to walk you home.” He looked over at CAP before grabbing her hand and pulling her away. “Let’s go! Jae Ho is really mad that you have yet to make it home.”

CAP watched her get pulled away right as his friends came out. “Hyung you came.” Changjo said as he stood by him and looked at the empty sidewalk. “What are you starring at?”

“Nothing.” He said as he looked over at the moppy Ricky. “I have a feeling Ricky may be cheering up soon though.” He said as he walked over to the driver’s side of the car. Closing the door behind him he turned the car on. “Get in before I leave you.”

The guys piled in and Ricky looked at him with a smile. “Did you finally get me the iPod I wanted.”

“No way!” He said as he rolled his eyes. “What I got you is way more important than some silly iPod. Just you wait until you see.” He said with a grin.

“But I want to know know!” Ricky whined really wanting to know what it was at that moment.