Confontation Three: The Cool Brother

I'm Your Man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqEwzZhl_nU&feature=related

The bell rang signaling the end of the day. Bo Mi sighed as she stood up and began packing up to go. Dongho appeared at the door, the girls who pass by him gasped at his sudden change in appearance. He wore a smile, and his clothes were brighter than usual. Bo Mi headed for the door with her head hung low when red and white shoes came into view.

“Why so down?”

“I have to go to tutoring today Dongho oppa.” She mumbled as she looked up, gasping at his appearance she pointed. “Whoa…what are you wearing oppa?!”

“You don’t like it?” He questioned as he looked at himself before scratching his head with a small laugh. “Then again maybe bright colors don’t look good on me anymore.”

“Y…You look great.” She managed to say through her shock. “Like the old Dongho…but why the sudden change?”

“Because a girl I like wants me to be happy.” He said with a grin as he threw his arm around her.

“Really? But you shouldn’t change yourself just for some girl.” She said in a scolding voice. “You should know by now the best way to win someone’s heart is by being yourself.”

Dongho flicked her forehead and laughed. “You know me better Bo Mi. Look I was always this Dongho…I just didn’t want to let me be like this and get hurt again. But I finally figured out I want to be me again.”

Bo Mi smiled with a nod. “I’m proud of you Oppa. You’ll have to let me meet this girl one day.” She said as they left the room together.

“So you have math tutoring huh? Wonder why Jae Ho didn’t let me know about it.” He said slightly annoyed. “Here I was hoping to walk you home or something like that.”

“Nice as always Dongho oppa…sorry to make you waste your time though.” She said as they came to the library, she looked inside and smiled. “My tutor is already here so I should head in.”

He nodded and waved. “Let me know if you want me to come walk you home when you’re done. Have a good time!” Waiting for her to enter the library he took a peek inside. She came to a table with her usual tutor but someone else was there. “Isn’t he another one of that kids friends? What’s with their sudden interest in her?”

><><><><>< 

Once she was seated in front of Minah, Bo Mi looked over at L.Joe and then back to Minah. “Hi Minah unni.”

“Hey Bo Mi.” Minah said as she organized some things. L.Joe cleared his throat and nudged her, sighing she looked up at Bo Mi. “Bo Mi I’d like you to meet L.Joe.”

“I know who he is.” She said before putting a hand over , Minah moved closer to hear her. “But why is your boyfriend here during out tutoring session?”

Minah laughed at the comment and waved it away. “Let’s not focus on that, we need to get to work on math. So show me the last test you took.” Reluctantly Bo Mi slide her paper across the table. Minah slapped her hand against her forehead and sighed. “I thought we were done with the forties.”

“Damn.” L.Joe stated bluntly as he starred at the paper. “I’ve seen little kids make better grades on test with this material.”

Bo Mi blushed as she looked away with a pout. “No one asked you Mr. Clingy.” She said referring to him being by Minah’s side while tutoring.

“M…Mr. Clingy?” He asked in disbelief. “Don’t be mad because you have the brain the size of a pea.” He stated in retaliation.

“Come on kids, play nicely.” Minah said, the librarian was looking their way with a disapproving look.

“She/He started it.” They stated in unison before laughing at themselves and each other.

Minah sighed as she shook her head. “You’re doing this for Ricky.” She whispered to herself. *Only for the maknae and no one else.*

><><><><><><>< 

Dongho watched his friends play video games as he sat on the windowsill in Jae Ho’s room. He looked back out the window with a small frown. Jae Ho looked back at him and shook his head. Getting up he set the controller down and walked over to him.

“Go back to the school.”

“What?”

“Clearly you’re worried about my sister, go back to the school and pick her up. It’s getting late.” He said calmly as he sat down next to him.

Dongho rolled his eyes. “I’m not worried about anything.”

Jae Ho laughed at him. “Dude I’ve been your friend for how long now? I know you well enough to know that you are worried. Oh and not to burst your bubble but we all know you like her.” He stated.

“Yeah!” Jeong Min called from his seat. “To be honest you make it painfully obvious for us to figure out. You act like a little love sick puppy around her.” Dongho tossed a pillow, hitting him dead in the head. “Ow! I was only kidding, jeez. Sensitive.”

Gongchan laughed as he walked over to him as well. “Just go pick her up and walk her back here. We’re spending the night tonight anyways so it’s not like it’ll look obvious to her.”

“Plus her friends will be here soon, she might want to be here to greet them.” Jae Ho said as he squeezed his knee. “If anyone should be able to protect my sister in my absence it’s you. Now get your sad up and bring her home!” He shouted at him before getting up and grabbing his towel. “I’m hitting the showers first.”

Dongho nodded as he stood up and sent her a quick text not to leave the school until he got there. He waved to the guys and left the house while grabbing an umbrella to shield them from the rain. His smile forming back on his face.

><><><><><><>< 

Minah stood under the schools protection as she watched the rain fall. Minah and L.Joe just came out of the school when he noticed her. Smiling he walked over to her.

“Not heading home yet kid?”

“I’m waiting for someone.” She said as she looked at them. “You’re walking her home, cute.”

L.Joe blushed as he rubbed the back of his neck nervously. He was used to those words coming from people when it came to his relationship with Minah, but coming from her innocent eyes he grew a bit embarrassed. “Yeah, I guess. I make it a goal to walk her home when it gets late so she doesn’t get hurt or anything.”

Minah looked at her and smiled. “You might catch a cold out here without a sweater on.”

“I’ll be fine unni.”

L.Joe stood by her and looked out into the rain as well. “You know something kid?” She looked at him and waited for him to speak. “I think that you have something big to offer someone you know? Minah for example is a klutz, and she can be a bit dense. I still don’t understand how she went from failing math herself to tutoring you in math---“

“Got a point to this touching speech?” Minah interrupted, slightly annoyed.

“But she’s fun, sweet, and she’s not like most girls. She has many things to offer and I’m lucky I’m with her and not some jerk from school.”

“I don’t understand what you mean.” Bo Mi said as she gave a confused look. “I’m nothing like unni.” She looked away with a small smile. “I mean guys like me but…I don’t feel like I deserve the attention. I’m nothing special really.”

L.Joe laughed at her words, not mocking her but comforting her. “Don’t be silly! Your just as kind as Minah…to top it off I’ve noticed that you sure do care deeply for those you love. Not a lot of girls these days can even say that about themselves. I think Ricky even said something about no matter what your mood is you always are cute. Guys like a girl who is cute no matter what.” He winked as he handed his hoodie over to Minah and held the umbrella out. “See you Monday kid.”

Minah smiled at him as they walked away. “That was nice back there Byunghun.” She said as she grabbed his hand.

“I know.” He joked, the both of them laughing.

Bo Mi watched them leave and smiled. “I’m always cute?”

“Why yes you are.”

“Eeep!” She jumped from her spot and turned to see Dongho. “Oppa! When did you get here?” She said with a hand to her heart.

“Right when you asked yourself a dumb question.” He said with an adorable smile. “Let’s head home…wait you don’t have a jacket.”

“I’m okay.”

“No way, take this.” He pulled his hoodie over her and smiled. “See…even with an oversized hoodie you look cute. Let’s get going.”

She nodded and followed him. They were standing close and every now and then their hands would touch each other. Dongho looked down at her and smiled before wrapping an arm around her. She smiled back at him.

*I wonder who’s the girl Dongho oppa likes…*