Dongho Is A Mystery

I'm Your Man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFU7AcTwKZk 

 

Bo Mi opened up her locker as the bell rung signaling the end of the day. Yubin stood by her as she fixed her hair, Minseo sat on the floor reading a manga book. She closed the locker only to come face to face with Jeong Min.

“What brings you here Mirror Prince?”

“That’s Mirror Prince oppa!” He correct as he stood up straight and smiled. “I came here to you out of the school of course.”

She raised an eyebrow. “Really?”

“Well…I also wanted to know if I could borrow five bucks.”

“I figured you wanted something.”

“What did I tell you about asking my sister for money?” Jae Ho said as him and the others walked over. “Hey girls.”

“Hi oppa!”

Jae Ho looked at Bo Mi. “I was going to go hang out with some guys after school. You want to tag along?”

“No thanks…I was going to go to the library to study for a math test tomorrow.”

Jae Ho looked at her shocked. “I thought you never study.”

“I do for math.”

“Yet you still manage to fail.”

“Thanks oppa…such kind words.”

“We’ll leave first.” Subin said as she pulled Minseo along. “Later Bo Mi!”

“You’re going to the library alone?” Jae Ho questioned as he looked around. “Do you really think that’s safe after what happened with that guy from before? Why don’t you just tag along and study at one of the guys houses? That way you can eat all you want while you try and get less stupider?”

“Stupider isn’t a great  word to use oppa.” She said as she shook her head. “I fear studying while your around will only make me more stupid.”

“Aish…this kid.” Jae Ho said as he ruffled his hair. “Better idea then! I’ll drop you off at home first!”

“Come on oppa…your always trying to keep me safe like I’m some kid. I’m a first year now so I can handle myself! Just let me go to the library on my own and I’ll send you a text when I get there. If you don’t get the text then you can say you were right at my funeral.” Bo Mi smiled at the last part as he gave her a serious look.

“That isn’t funny Bo Mi…you shouldn’t joke like that. You know if something were to happen to you I would never be able to forgive myself.”

“Sorry oppa.” She said as she wrapped her arms around his waist. “Please let me go alone and prove to you I’ll be fine.”

“Aigoo…” He said as he looked up. “Must resist…can’t say yes. Fine I won’t take you.” He said as he pulled her away. “But one of us has to go then. So choose which one?”

Dongho stepped up beside her and looked at him. “I’ll do it…I didn’t really want to go hang out and play games today anyway so I don’t mind being late.”

Jae Ho looked at him and then shrugged. “Fine…make sure you watch her carefully. You know she can be an air head at times. Oh and hold her hand when you cross the street.”

“OPPA!” Bo Mi complained. “That’s not funny!”

“What?! It wouldn’t be a rule if you knew when to cross.”

“I only broke the rule once and that was to get the ball for the kid!” Bo Mi looked away and rolled her eyes. “I swear you're annoying sometimes.”

“Fine I’ll go!” Jae Ho said as he rolled his eyes as well. “Keep the baby safe Dongho.” He said with a wave.

“Bye Baby Bear!” Jeong Min teased.

“Bye Mirror Prince!” She called out and stuck her tongue out at him.

“Let’s go.” Dongho instructed as he walked away.

“O…Oppa wait up!” She called after him as she followed. “I’m really excited to do that assignment in music class. With your nice voice we’ll surely get a good grade, not to mention Ricky’s lovely voice. When he sings you can tell why they call him Lovely Boy.” She said as she giggled.

Dongho looked down at her and then rolled his eyes. “I don’t see why…half the time he’s off key.”

Bo Mi thought about it and then pouted. “I don’t think so.” Dongho smiled to himself as he turned the corner. Bo Mi looked around and then back up at him. “Oppa, the library is the other way you know?”

He nodded as he stopped at a nice little restaurant. He held the door opened for her and she nodded and went inside. They sat next to the window and ordered some Bulgogi and Jjajangmyeon. She looked at him as they waited for their food. Dongho remained quiet as he played with the straws.

“Dongho oppa…do I really have time to eat? I mean the earlier I study the more I can get done.”

He pointed to her backpack with a bored expression. “Take out your books…we can study and eat.”

“But what about the---“

“Just do it.”

She nodded and started getting out her things. “Oppa sure can be bossy…”

The two ate their food and had a lesson. Dongho had to use many different things to teach Bo Mi since she couldn’t get it right away. After hours of studying Dongho paid for the food and they left. Bo Mi stretched as she let out a small yawn.

“I think I ate way too much food back there. You sure you don’t want me to pay for my half oppa. I feel bad that you helped me AND paid for my food. I didn’t give you anything in return.”

“I didn’t have to go and play games with the guys. They always make such a ruckus.” He said plainly as he shrugged. “Think of that as my payment.”

“Can I ask you something Dongho oppa?” He nodded and she looked ahead. “How come you don’t smile as much as you used to?” Dongho looked down at her, he was shocked by the question. “I mean you’ve been friends with oppa since I was a kid…I always remember seeing a smile on your face. Seems like after your first year in high school it all changed.”

Dongho looked up at the sky and shrugged. “Maybe I was never really happy in the first place.”

“I don’t think that’s it…I mean you were back then. I think something happened and it seems like you just don’t want to share it with me. Dongho oppa…” She smiled as she faced him, they came to a stop in front of her house. “You always made me smile when I was a kid and had bad days.

So whenever you need someone to lift up your mood just come to me! I promise to try my best to get you to smile!” She declared with a small fist pump.

Dongho laughed at her enthusiasm. “Is that right?” He starred into her eyes and slowly pushed her hair behind her ear. “Bo Mi…”

Just then the door opened and Jae Ho stepped out. “Finally! I thought something bad happened to the both of you!” He said as he pointed to the Dongho. “Next time you kidnap my sister and don’t pick up I’m kicking you !”

Dongho nodded as he waved. “Good night Bo Mi.”

“Night oppa!” She said as she waved.

Jae Ho scrunched his nose up as he watched his friend leave. “So I don’t even get a good night now…rude! As for you Bo Mi umma and appa have been home for hours waiting for you before dinner. Get in here asap!”

Dongho took out his wallet and opened it up. The left side had a picture of him and Bo Mi when they were smaller, on the right was him and a girl wearing the first years school uniform. He starred at them both and a small smile came on his face. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note: So I reread this chapter and realized smarter is indeed a word! -_- So is stupider...*sniff sniff* I let my sister answer the question for me and she said it was. She's 14 and i'm 17 so I guess that makes me a bit slow huh? Lol sorry for those who read it and was like "I could have swore that was a words.".