Chp 7 - Unfortunate incident

Delivery Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sungmin would readily go out with Kyuhyun every week, but being boyfriends would be another level in the new relationship. They had only went out once!

"Kyuhyun, I think it is too early to move to boyfriend stage, but don't get me wrong, I like you a lot and would love for us to move to that stage. But we should give ourselves time to get to know each other better before...."

Kyuhyun cut him "Sungmin, wait, I'm sorry if I rush things, and to be honest, I just want us to start to have some kind of a relationship to break some ice. What you say is correct, that we should give ourselves time to get to know each other better, but we could do it too when we are boyfriends"

Yes, the truth was Sungmin would  jump at the chance to be in a relationship with Kyuhyun, but he didn't want to take advantage of Kyuhyun and for a successful man like him, Sungmin didn't want him to be restricted by a relationship.

"Kyuhyun, I really like you a lot, and I honestly said this from my heart. But let's wait a while before we move to that boyfriends stage. It's something that we will look forward to, so that we always improve or impress each other to eventually move to that stage"

Kyuhyun admired Sungmin's maturity. There were a lot of truth in what he said, and to be in a healthy relationship, both of them must trust each other and have some kind of commitment.

He smile at Sungmin "Okay, we will move to that stage when we are ready, so the weekly dates are acceptable, right?"

Sungmin laughed "Yup, 100% acceptable, but I don't want you to feel oblige to go out with me. If you have other plans, maybe urgent work matters or need to be with your family, you don't need to feel bad and just let me know. Likewise, I will let you know if I need to attend to family matters".

"Alright" Kyuhyun smile happily. He raised his glass "To more weekly dates and happy times together" and clinked with Sungmin's glass, when he broke into a chuckle and raised his glass too.

Kyuhyun suggested them to be boyfriends so that they have something going on. It wasn't his intention to rush things, so now that he saw things from Sungmin's perspective, he respected Sungmin's decision and strive to be a better 'special friend' to Sungmin to gain more of his trust.

"Ohh, by the way, I need to be in your office this Thursday onwards to take photos of the food, upload them and do some programming of the order taking"

"Sure! What time? We can have our lunch together if you are coming during lunch" Sungmin smile happily.

"Should be around 1pm. I have a presentation at one office across the road from my office at 10.30am, by the time it ends, and Minho and me walk back to office, yeah, I should reach your office around that time" 

"Ok, I will get the smaller meeting room ready. We bought a router last week, so I will get Sungjin to setup it up in that meeting room".

"Great!" Kyuhyun looked at his watch. "Want to go? We walk for a while at Han River, then I send you home". 

"Let's go!" 

Their "walk for a while" became 2 hours and Kyuhyun finally dropped Sungmin off at his home around 10pm. 

"See you on Thursday, Kyu!" Sungmin waved after he got off from Kyuhyun's car. They have decided to be casual after they talked more about themselves in that 2 hours of strolling along Han River. 

It was a busy week at Sapphire Software, as they have 3 presentations at 3 different companies and Kyuhyun have to be at Happy Foods too on Thursday and Friday. Kyuhyun was extremely busy with meetings and going off for presentations, but managed to squeeze sometime to start developing the app for Happy Foods. 

On Thursday morning, Minho went through the presentation materials with Kyuhyun and after they confirmed everything, they informed Henry that they would be at NCT Holdings across the road and that they would not be driving.

The presentation went well, but during the demo session, the staff asked a lot of questions and it dragged longer. Kyuhyun only managed to end the session after everyone was satisfied with the new software and were very supportive for the system upgrading. 

Kyuhyun and Minho left the NCT Holdings office nearly 1pm!

"Wow, that was really a long session!" Minho took a deep breath and shooked his head.

"Yeah! Though it's good that they clarified all their doubts, but it eat up into our time! And I have to be in Happy Foods soon! Looks like I will be extremely late" Kyuhyun said, looking at his watch and took out his phone to text Sungmin to go ahead and take his lun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter