Chp 17 - Happy Foods app

Delivery Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyuhyun went through the completed Happy Foods app and was satisfied with app performance, speed, payment flow and refund process. He needed to discuss with Sungmin about the final version and the launch, and called him to set a time to go over to his office later in the afternoon.

"I can come over to your office, Kyu. Then you don't have to walk so much" Sungmin had suggested.

"No, I need to install the main app processor in your machine, and then for you and Jin to download the finalised production version, to simulate end to end flow. Onew will be with me too, so he can help me" Kyuhyun told him, and Sungmin knew this was their office procedure, so he agreed to it. 

So eventhough both of them are officially in a relationship, but when it comes to business matters, Kyuhyun has always been professional about it and he knew where to draw the line, and Sungmin was happy with the situation so far. 

Around 2pm, Onew drove Kyuhyun's car to Happy Foods' office and helped Kyuhyun with everything. Sungmin introduced Onew to Sungjin, his mum and his aunt, and Onew was so cute, he kept saying that he finally could meet the people that cook delicious food for them! 

After they had their coffee, Onew and Kyuhyun went straight into business. Onew installed the main app processor into Happy Foods' main desktop, and installed the backups into Sungmin's and Sungjin's laptops as well, then guided the brothers, as well as Mrs Lee and her sister, to install the production Happy Foods app, both the owner's version and the public version. 

Kyuhyun took over to explain the end to end flow, such as how to upload special menus, how to view number of downloads, how to view and reply customers' feedback, where to process refund and how to claim money from the card association, like MasterCard, Visa, or Unionpay. He has helped to register their company profile with these card associations, and had also added in their company's bank account to facilitate the cash flow. 

"So if the customer prefers to pay you in cash, the option "pay cash" will be lighted up here.. " Kyuhyun turned to the main processor app, and Onew pointed it to them, and Kyuhyun continued "so you need to inform your delivery guy to bring some cash in case during cash collection, the customer gave him big denominator note. Otherwise, everything will be automated, and Visa, MasterCard and Unionpay will credit to your bank account during their settlement, which will by the next day". 

"Okay, that's great. But how about for refund using credit or debit cards?" Sungmin asked Kyuhyun. 

Onew took over "So hyung, once customer cancel orders or demanded a refund for example, charge twice or mixed up in food orders, the refund will be handle by the card associations. You have 40 days to dispute, or if agreeable, you can process the refund within 40 days, eventhough these card association has already refunded the customer"

"Ohh wow, so if we dispute and we win, the card association will lose out?" Sungmin asked curiously. 

"Yes, that's the good thing about these card associations. They are okay to absorb the losses but provided that you give a good reason that you didn't do anything wrong and that customer has accepted the food" Kyuhyun explained. "And for the receipts, there will be an auto image kept in the system so that you always have a copy for evidence". 

"Wahhhh Kyuhyun, you think of everything!" Mrs Lee praised him. 

Kyuhyun smile happily because getting an appreciation praise from Mrs Lee means he has a good chance to be accepted as Sungmin's partner too! 

"Yes, omma, one thing good about Kyuhyun-hyung's company is, they handle end to end, so we don't have to do all the ground work! Good job, both of you!!" Sungjin praised both Kyuhyun and Onew. 

Onew said "Hyung did most of the thinking, we just execute and do the necessary" he smile, praising his boss. 

"Anyway, one more thing I want to tell you all, is the discount process. You markup the amount first by using this step.." and Onew took over and showed it to them, and Kyuhyun continued "put in the discount percentage, then the system will auto adjust everything. You have to select 'adjust all prices' , or 'adjust delivery charges' , or 'no adjustment' if you really just want to give discount. But you need to take note of revenue losses when you do your end day balancing". 

Sungmin and Sungjin who have been taking notes, nodded their head and Sungmin said "Yes okay great!". 

"Oh yes, Sungmin told me the limit a delivery scooter can carry in their delivery bag is 10 bowls, so we set the default ordering to 10 items" Kyuhyun said, and Onew showed it to them, and Onew himself continued "but you can change the default by adding the number here" he pointed to them. 

Kyuhyun continued "So once we set the default, if the customer wanted to order more by inputing more than 10 items, the app will flash a prompt to ask the customer to call your main line. Is that okay? I've added that so that the previous case of ordering over 30 bowls will not repeat" Kyuhyun chuckled at Sungmin, who laughed recalling that incident. 

"Yeah, thanks for adding that!! It will help us to plan to deliver using our van instead!" Sungmin gave his thumbs up sign. Indeed, Kyuhyun really think of everything! 

"And once your kitchen has run out of some items, you can update

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter