Chp 5 - boyfriend material

Delivery Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyuhyun did one final round of checking through the prototype for Happy Foods. The app itself would be named as Happy Foods, and he has 3 customer journeys, the happy flow, the unsuccessful flow and the cancellation flow. He did the presentation in PowerPoint slides and he has the prototype app in both his laptop and his mobile phone.

He called Sungmin the next morning to set an appointment at his office. But Sungmin didn't answer his phone. "Probably he's delivering somewhere and on the road" Kyuhyun thought, with disappointment.  He was looking forward to hear Sungmin's voice. 

After pondering, he called the office line. 

"Good morning" a husky voice answered the call. 

"Hi Good morning, Kyuhyun here, from Sapphire Software... may I..."

"Heyyy, why so formal?" Sungmin chuckled.

"Sungmin! I thought one of your staff answered my call... and you sound different... "

"Really? Maybe because I haven't drink my coffee, so it's my lazy voice haha..."

"And you didn't answer your mobile phone..."

"Ohhh.. I'm sorry... Ohmygod, where did I put my phone..." Sungmin stood up to look for his phone. Then he remembered "aishhhh... I left it in the kitchen!!" and he apologised to Kyuhyun again "I'm sorry Kyuhyun, I was baking just now, then I went into the office to check the delivery guys schedule"

"It's okay, don't worry about it. I just want to arrange for an appointment. I've completed checking the prototype, so I would like to show it to you and your brother".

"Wow that's great! How about 11am? Then you can stay for lunch. I'll cook for you" Sungmin said smiling.

"If it's not too much of a problem, yes, I would love to stay for lunch!" Kyuhyun laughed. "Okay, see you at 11, Sungmin"

"See you, Kyuhyun. Bye.."

Kyuhyun off his phone, still smiling. He saved his powerpoint and updated his appointment in his office e-calendar.

"Hyung, you need me to come with you to Happy Foods?" Onew popped his face at Kyuhyun's desk divider. 

"I think no need. You finish up the prototype for SSG Food Market, then show Henry the first draft. I'll be back around 3pm, then I will go through with you"

"Ok hyung. Good luck!" Onew showed his thumbs up. 

Before Kyuhyun left, he told Henry to go through the first draft of SSG Food Market with Onew and to correct it before he comes back from Happy Foods. Henry showed his ok sign and wished him good luck with the presentation. 

Henry and Minho were his two senior staff and they helped Kyuhyun a lot in finalising prototypes and building and debugging the real app. Kyuhyun had trained them extensively and both of them could do presentations even without Kyuhyun himself. Onew and Key were his latest additions, and Onew specialises in building prototype and Key was more into building extensive routines and call flow. 

Kyuhyun arrived at Happy Foods on time and he was happy that Sungmin was outside, talking to one of his delivery guys. Sungmin waved at Kyuhyun when he saw Kyuhyun's car coming into his office compound. 

"Hi Mr Lee!" Kyuhyun greeted him formally, since Sungmin's staff was there. 

"Hi Mr Cho! Come in" Sungmin played along and gestured him towards his office. 

"Thank you" Kyuhyun grabbed his laptop and some hardcopies and locked his car. 

When Sungjin joined them, Kyuhyun started his presentation with the high level journey which started from installing the app, to setting up user-id and linking to payment card, then clicking the app to select the food to order, and the payment and confirmation page.

Sungmin admired Kyuhyun's professionalism. His explanation was very concise and clear, and the prototype was very user friendly and easy to use.

Kyuhyun let them have a hands-on  for the happy flow, then the unsuccessful flow, where due to unsuccessful payment, the app would go bsck to the totsl page and allow the customer to opt for other payment method, such as payment by cash. The cancellation flow would be if the customer changed his mind and didn't want to proceed, so the app would reset all his selections if the customer exit before reaching the payment stage.

"Mr Cho, if we want to have a promotion, for example during Mother's Day or Chuseok, let's say 5% off for every Won30,000 in total spend, can this be done and how do we go about it?" Sungjin enquired with Kyuhyun.

"Yes, can. One of the menu for the administrator is to set promotional deals.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter