Chp 18 - Busy busy

Delivery Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The pharmaceutical app project went into full gear two months later and the core project team, Kyuhyun, Minho and Taemin have been very busy. They were practically glued to the meeting room daily. 

The app build has to consider a lot of factors, like multiple outlets, and orders for delivery would need to be assigned to the nearest outlet to minimise delivery timing. Stocks need to be updated at outlet level as well as at the main head office level, and discounts were more complicated because there were different offers at different outlet. 

And eversince this project started, Kyuhyun hasn't had the time to go for dates with Sungmin. They did call each other and managed to meet for a meal, but it was late meal as Sungmin was busy too. His Happy Foods app has reached a million downloads and orders had surge tremendously until he had to employ his cousin to help with the packing and coordinating the orders. 

It was coming to lunch time at Sapphire Software office. "Hyung, we order lunch?" Henry opened the meeting room door and asked Kyuhyun.

"Happy Foods??" both Minho and Taemin said together, and laughed. 

Kyuhyun chuckled. He knew his staff were trying to  help him and Sungmin to meet but then again, it might not be Sungmin who would deliver the food. That man himself was busy like a bee.

"Okay, Happy Foods, order the usual, plus cookies" Kyuhyun smile.

"Alright!!!" Henry showed his fist happily and both Minho and Taemin high-five with each other.

Kyuhyun laughed. He stretched his leg to ease the tension so that he didn't get pins and needles. His leg was so much better and he could walk normally now. His doctor had certified last week during his checkup that his bone was nearly healed but warned that if he put too much pressure, it might worsened the healing process. As such, he wasn't allowed to go for jogging or do any intense running. 

He has dropped by a saloon after his doctor's appointment to get a haircut and now even his staff because he looked so handsome with short hair and fringe. 

Over at Happy Foods, Sungjin poked in his head into the small meeting room where Sungmin was busy with balancing their accounts for yesterday's orders. 

"Hyung, Sapphire Software ordered lunch and cookies. You got time to deliver to them? If not, ermm.. I try to ask Shindong-hyung to send. But he just got back though"

Sungmin looked up. Oh my, this was his chance to meet Kyuhyun! They haven't met since three Fridays ago for dinner. "Okay Jin, I can send. I'm finishing with the accounts" he smile at his brother. 

"Ok great! Omma is preparing now" Sungjin said with an 'ok' sign and left. 

The prospect of meeting up with Kyuhyun surpassed everything. He speedup his work and all his accounts seemed to be balanced up nicely. Once done, he logout and prepared to do the delivery. 

Back in Sapphire Software's meeting room, Minho looked up "Hyung, I think it's better to clarify this part with the owner, Mr Lee. In the last meeting minutes, he did indicate that all sales will go to his head office account but currently it seemed not to be the case" Minho suggested, after reading some materials about how the outlets settled their day-end sales. 

"Yeah, seemed like each outlet does their own sales settlement and balancing, unless Mr Lee wanted to change the process to fold up to head office" Kyuhyun agreed. 

"Errrr... sorry what does it mean? So if all sales and settlement goes to his head office account, it's easier for us to program the settlement part?" Taemin enquired, trying to understand what those two were talking. 

"Yes, because we can just indicate one central account for all settlement at day-end balancing. But currently that's not the case" Minho explained to him. 

"Ahhhh I see. So hyung, do you want me to set up a conference call with Mr Lee?" Taemin asked. 

"Yeah, but I can't do it this afternoon. I have a demo on the bus app with Henry. Ermm.... Minho, you check with Mr Lee whether he's available tomorrow afternoon, 3pm, then you let Taemin know?"

"Okay will do that" Minho nodded. 

They continued their discussion until Key knocked and opened their meeting room door saying "Lunch is here!" 

"Okay we'll be out in a minute" Kyuhyun told him and gave some more instructions to Taemin before  dismissing them. 

"Hyung your lunch is on your table" Henry told Kyuhyun after he emerged from the meeting room. 

"Ehhhh... why not here?" Kyuhyun was buffed why Henry didn't put his lunch together with the rest on the round table. 

"Just go to your desk...." Henry patted his shoulder. 

Henry grinned and turned back to their round table. Though Kyuhyun still could not understand, he started walking back to his desk. 

"Was it Sungmin who delivers the lunch?" Kyuhyun wondered. He dared not put too much hope because he knew Sungmin was busy with their surge of orders. 

When he turned to his desk area, his heart nearly flipped! Sungmin was standing there, busy arranging the chopstick on two lunch bowls and placing two serviettes. There were 2 mugs with coffee on his desk too. 

"Heyyy Min! ... I didn't know it will be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter