Chp 6 - Scored 5 stars

Delivery Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Happy Foods were very busy the whole morning on Saturday. Somebody ordered 35 bowls of variety of noodles for a family lunch gathering.

"Sungminnie, you should tell that ahjuma for a big orders, she should order 1 day in advance" Mrs Lee was nagging at Sungmin.

"I did, but she said some of her kids confirmed coming over only late last night, so after she got all their orders, it was late when she called. Of course we were closed for the day at 11pm!"

"And how are you going to deliver these? Jinnie used the van for his ex-classmate gathering at Nami Island and Baekhyunnie sending one order so far away at Incheon"

"I'm scratching my head too, omma. I can't call Jinnie because by now, he would be halfway to Nami Island, and I told Baekhyun to go home after that delivery" Sungmin sighed for the umpteenth time. 

Everything went wrong today. There's only Shindong and himself left to do this 35 bowls delivery which was impossible as they would need to make 3 trips, as 1 scooter could only carry 6 bowls in their Happy Foods box. His other 2 delivery guys were off today. 

Sungmin thought of getting Kyuhyun for help, but he's meeting Kyuhyun later for early dinner, so he was at a dilemma now whether to seek his help or not. He sighed again, and dial Kyuhyun's number. 

"Heyyy, good morning! I hope you are not calling to cancel our date..." Kyuhyun voice sounded so gorgeous. 

"Good morning! No, not cancelling but, ermmm, I need your help, or rather, I need you and your car's help!" Sungmin sounded apologetic and desperate at the same time.

"Hmmm? Is everything all right?" Kyuhyun asked, concerned that Sungmin needed help. 

Sungmin told him what happened and that he needed a transport to deliver the 35 bowls to the customer's home. 

Kyuhyun heaved a sigh of relieved. He thought something happened to Sungmin or his family. "Don't worry, I'll be there. I just need to have a shower first because I just came back from jogging. Give me an hour to reach there?" 

"Sure, take your time, we are still cooking and I only need to deliver the food by 12.30pm. I'm so sorry, Kyuhyun, I got nobody to seek help from" 

"No problem, I'm happy to help" and that "I get to see you sooner..." Kyuhyun rejoiced in his heart, but didn't say it out loud. He added "See you later, Sungmin" 

"Thank you very much! I owe you one! See you Kyuhyun" and he off his phone to tell his mother the good news that Kyuhyun would be here to help. Though his mother nagged again as to why to trouble Kyuhyun for help, but nevertheless she was happy that they could fulfil the customer's order. 

An hour later, Kyuhyun arrived and he looked so gorgeously cool with his casual light blue teeshirt and black jeans. Sungmin was so delighted that Kyuhyun was here to help that he felt like hugging him, but he restraint himself. When Mrs Lee saw Kyuhyun, she apologised repeatedly until Kyuhyun has to stop her! 

"Kyuhyun, sit and have some breakfast first while we finished up cooking" Sungmin gestured him to sit, and brought along french toast, a slice of cheese cake and a mug of coffee. 

"Thanks!" Kyuhyun sat down and sipped his coffee. "Where is the place, I just need to gauge the distance since you mentioned you need to deliver by 12.30 noon" 

Sungmin poured himself a mug of coffee too, and joined Kyuhyun at the round table. He gave Kyuhyun the address and told him if he had decided to send by scooter, he and his other delivery guy, Shindong, would need to make 3 trips! 

Kyuhyun checked the address in his handphone to check the distance. "It takes about 30 minutes by car, so give and take for traffic lights, about 40 minutes. So we need to leave by 11.45am" Kyuhyun looked at his watch. They still have an hour to get everything ready. "I've cleared my car boot and brought down the back seats. So there are plenty of space"

"Ohh that's great! I'll be using the big thermal bag, like this, with aluminium lining" he took one and showed to Kyuhyun the size, "ermmm, it can fit 4 bowls, so..." Sungmin calculated using his fingers ".. I need to use 9 bags! Let me see if I have enough bags..." Sungmin got up to check his stocks. 

Kyuhyun took the bag to do a quick rough estimate whether 9 bags could fit his car. He reckon all the 9 bags could fit easily.

When the food were all readily packed and sealed, Kyuhyun helped Sungmin to label them, arranged them into the bags and zipped them up and carried them to his car. He arranged them neatly with the handles on top so that it would be easier to bring them out later. 

"Kyuhyun, there is one more order at a nearby address, is it okay to send for that address too? Just 2 bowls. I'll put in a separate bag"

"No problem. Still got space in the car!" Kyuhyun nodded and smile. He needed to take note of bulk orders like today, when he developed the app.

They got into Kyuhyun's car at 11.40am after Sungmin has double-checked the big order are correct and also the latest additional order. He brought along the receipts in his sling bag with some loose change in case the 2 customers gave him big notes. Kyuhyun has input the addresses in his GPS, and then they set off.

"Phew!" Sungmin breathe out a sigh of relief now that they were on the way to deliver the large order. "I really don't know how to thank you!" Sungmin said, looking at the folded backseat which were now full of thermal bags.

"Maybe a kiss on my cheek later during our date?" Kyuhyun and laughed when Sungmin turned to look at him. "But seriously, I am really glad that you thought of me when you need help. That means you put your trust in me. It really means a lot to me and personally, it makes me feel very happy" Kyuhyun smile. 

Sungmin smile too. "To be honest, when I thought of seeking your help, I felt bad, like I am taking advantage of you. Earlier, I was cursing and swearing about the situation, like why this order came in when Sungjin used the van and when I only have 1 delivery guy available. Then my mind just think of you. Like God answered my prayer and provide me with a solution". 

"And I just reached home from jogging, and I don't have anything on, until our date. So it's God's arrangement for us to meet earlier!" Kyuhyun laughed.

Sungmin laughed too. He looked out and noticed that they were in a private houses area. "Ohhh it's Seocho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter