Chp 1 - Traffic incident

Delivery Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As a software app developer, Cho Kyuhyun was always busy, and could flare out to anyone if he thinks that the person is wasting his time. That was what happened one day when his car screeched to a stop to avoid crashing into a delivery guy's scooter.

After he pressed his car horn several times, the delivery guy still did not move his scooter which was blocking his car and the traffic. Kyuhyun got out from his car and said in a loud voice "Excuse me, can you move your scooter please?"

The delivery guy stood up "Sorry sir, an old man slipped and fell down here, so I use my scooter to block the traffic so that the old man would not get run-over" 

"Then move the old man to the side. And move your scooter! I'm late for my appointment with my client!" Kyuhyun said, still in a slightly angry tone. 

"He might broke his back because he said his back is painful, so I shouldn't move him in case I caused him more pain. I've called for an ambulance. It should be coming soon" 

Kyuhyun scratched his head. He took out his phone to call his client that he would be late. But the client apologised and told him that the owner could not make it today too. "Ohhh I see. Okay then, shall we discuss tomorrow at 10am? Is it okay with you and the owner? Alright thank you, I see you tomorrow" and Kyuhyun off the call. 

He stepped nearer to Sungmin and observed the old man. He took a deep breath and walked back to his car. He parked his car nearer to the roadside so that the ambulance could pass through. He his hazard lights, and went to his car boot to take out the hazard sign. He walked to Sungmin's scooter and place the hazard sign next to the scooter. 

"Thank you!" Sungmin said to Kyuhyun. Though Sungmin knew that he was angry, this guy surprised Sungmin for still willing to help. 

Kyuhyun walked to the car behind his car to inform the driver about the situation, so that the car could reverse and took another route. A cab was approaching too, so Kyuhyun stopped the cab and also explained to the driver about the situation so that the cab could use another way. 

The ambulance came and Kyuhyun waved at the ambulance's driver. The driver--paramedic stopped the ambulance next to Kyuhyun's car and when he got out together with another paramedic, Kyuhyun showed them where the old man was and explained about the old man's condition. 

Sungmin was shielding the old man from the sun and put a towel under his head. The paramedics inspected the old man and based on his responses, they confirmed that the old man might have a slip disc. The other paramedic took down their particulars and asked who could accompany the old man. 

Thinking that Sungmin might still need to do deliveries, Kyuhyun told the paramedics that he could follow the ambulance with his car. Sungmin looked at him with new admiration, and bowed slightly with a "Thank you sir".

After the ambulance and Kyuhyun's car left, Sungmin adjusted his delivery bag on his scooter, and ride off. He owned "Happy Foods" and their orders today were a lot, so he has to help out as all 4 of his staff were already out on deliveries. His brother, Sungjin, had stayed behind to receive calls and to coordinate all deliveries. Their mother and aunt did all the cookings. 

Sungmin started this business after his father has passed on, and he himself was surprised that this food delivery business was very successful. Sungjin suggested that they engage a software app developer so that their customers could order online, and they could update whichever food that were sold out. 

"Heyy Jin, I'm back" Sungmin said once he has stepped into his shop. 

"Hyung, we have two more deliveries and that's it. I told the callers we are closed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter