Chp 10 - Stalled plans

Delivery Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Omma, I can't. I got work to do.." Kyuhyun tried to get himself out of his mother's plan to have dinner with her friend's family on Friday night. Of course he didn't tell his mother that he intended to spend Friday evening with Sungmin.

"You need to socialise. You are always working late and you are working even during your hospitalisation leave! It's just one dinner..."

"Why do you have to choose Friday night? Why not Saturday night?" Kyuhyun still trying to get himself out. 

"Appa wants to watch soccer! You know he's favourite player, Son Hyueng-Min and his club, ermmm what's the club name... Tot..."

"Tottenham Hotspur... " Kyuhyun completed for her.

"Yes, it's their game on this coming Saturday night"

"Okay but I really cannot make it on Fridays. It's a working day, omma"

"It's a Friday NIGHT.... " Mrs Cho said, emphasising the word 'night'. 

"Omma please..." Kyuhyun practically begging his mother. He was looking forward to spend his time with Sungmin but his mother's plan spoiled everything. 

"Kyu, it's just one dinner. Just come home early this Friday. Or better still, I'll ask Appa to fetch you" Mrs Cho said and left his room, meaning that it has been finalised, that Kyuhyun would go to the dinner. 

Kyuhyun sighed. Now he has to break the news to Sungmin.  He sighed again while grabbing his phone, and clicked Sungmin's number. 

"Heyy Kyu!" Sungmin answered cheerfully. 

"Heyyy, are you busy now..?" 

"Nah, just finished putting the last cookies tray into the oven. We can talk..." Sungmin said holding his phone with one hand and wiping his table top with another hand. 

"About Friday night..." Kyuhyun started but didn't know how to break the news. 

Sensing from Kyuhyun's tone, he guessed that Kyuhyun has to attend to something else. He stopped wiping his table "Kyu, if you have another plan, it's okay we can meet next Friday instead..." Sungmin told him, hiding his own disappointment. 

"It's my mom, she wants me to join Friday night's dinner with her friend's family and she doesn't take 'no' for an answer...." Kyuhyun said sadly. 

"It's okay Kyu, you go ahead. I'm okay to meet next Friday, don't worry so much" 

"I'm so sorry Min..." 

"Heyyy, it's okay. I would want to suggest Saturday but this Saturday I can't. It's Sungjin's birthday" 

"I know, please wish him a happy birthday from me" Kyuhyun said and added with a sad tone "I wish that I could get myself out from my mom's dinner plan.." 

"Kyu, not everytime you join your parents for dinner. It's really okay, you go ahead and don't be too moody! You can text me if you feel bored during the dinner" Sungmin laughed. He just wanted to lighten the mood to hide his disappointment. He knew Kyuhyun was disappointed too but being a filial son, he could not disappoint his mother. 

"Okay, I call you tomorrow night after my dinner?" Kyuhyun told him. 

"Okay, but if you are tired after the dinner, just text me and you go and rest" Sungmin told him. He has always been a considerate person and he knew walking with crutches were tiring. 

"I miss you.." Kyuhyun said with a husky voice. 

Sungmin held on to his chest. He missed Kyuhyun and was really looking forward to meet him. And hearing Kyuhyun’s husky voice saying that he missed him, made Sungmin teared. "I miss you too Kyu"

Kyuhyun heard the "ting.." from the oven over the phone "Min, you go ahead finished up your baking. I call you tomorrow night okay. I miss you" 

"Okay, miss you too. Take care and have a good dinner. See you Kyu"

"Bye Min..." Kyuhyun said and off his phone.  He sighed again for the umpteenth time. 

On the way to the dinner, since Kyuhyun was nagging about it, Ahra had punched him and confessed that the family that they were having dinner with, was her boyfriend and her future in-laws. 

"What? Then omma, why didn't you tell me? I wouldn't have objected so strongly" Kyuhyun said. 

"Why were you objecting it?" it was his father who was asking. 

"I... I have a lot of work..." Kyuhyun said like a spoilt child. "But had I known, I will gladly go, to support noona" he smile cheekily at his sister. 

"I thought if I said the truth, you wouldn't want to go, that's why I said it's dinner with my friend's family. Anyway, I really want you to come along. We need to make a good impression to their family. They stayed in US for years, now they are back here" his mother told him. 

"They were in the US, then how did you and your boyfriend meet?" Kyuhyun was curious. 

"Last year, omma brought me to have dinner with them when they came back for holidays. My future mother-in-law is really omna's high school friend. So we were introduced and he kept asking me out a few times before he fly off. A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter