Alcohol

What is Love?
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Can I be a goat Grandpapa?" Kina frowned as she questioned her grandpa who was tucking her in for the night. He laughed out loud at her question making his wrinkles more prominent. She frowned even more. She was being serious.

"Grandpapa tomorrow I want to wake up as a goat."

He laughs even more at that making her entire room be filled with his laughter - the kind of laugh that just fills anyone up.

"Why do you want to be a goat? I will lose my little Baby Grandchild if you turn into a goat."

"But you always spend time with the goats. I will be a goat." Her tiny hand forms a fist under her blanket. She was set on being the best and the cutest goat ever that will make her grandpapa never leave her alone for his other goats.

"Okay... Let us pray that you will become a goat from now on..." He says that and smooths her blanket before kissing her forehead. "I hope you get the sweetest dream, hhmmm?"

He gets up and before he walks out turns the light off.

"Good night my dear little goat."

 

Alcohol

 

 “Jongin wants to have some drinks to celebrate New Years’ with,” Sehun announces while scrolling through his phone that afternoon as they woke up from their nap. Last night had been tiring as they had stayed up all of it celebrating the New Year with Sekwon.

“That’s nice,” She replies lazily as she eats her ice-cream, her eyes on her phone as well. Instead of their usual afternoon tea, they were enjoying their cups of ice-cream despite the biting cold outside. “Is it some kind of faculty get-together?”

Sehun nods yawning and stretching his long limbs. “I dislike gatherings but they have nice drinks.”

She rolls her eyes at that, “Don’t you dare drink too much. I don’t understand how you like drinking so much when you can’t even handle it.”

Sehun gives a chuckle as he looked at her. She was on the floor at the foot of her usual couch corner. “I won’t drink much.”

Kina only nods in reply not believing a single word he says.

“I think I’ll be out with my friends too,” She says after some moments of scrolling through her phone, “Soomi is having a mini-party at her house.”

“I guess we both have something to do then,” Sehun says as he texted back Jongin that he will join. “Don’t do anything rash tonight.”

Kina snickers at that, making him look at her with one of his eyebrows raised.

“I won’t be a problem…” She says, trailing off rather amused suggesting something else while loudly slurping her ice-cream. Sehun sits up straight from his sprawled position on the couch looking scandalized.

“Are you suggesting that I will be more of a problem than you?”

“I did not say anything like that,” She says biting back a smile.

“I cannot believe you,” Sehun says turning back to his phone, “Are we having dinner before we go?”

“Depends,” she replies nonchalantly eating another scope of her ice-cream. “We can have some snacks. I’m sure we can eat more when we get there.”

 

* * *

 

Sehun regrets a little at how much he ate Kina’s snacks. He was sure he couldn’t eat anything more but then it meant he could handle his drinks even more.

“My brother!” Jongin exclaims seeing him there. “Everyone’s already here and waiting for you. Was it that hard to leave your wife alone?”

Sehun temporarily panics as that comment seem to catch everyone’s attention. They had chosen a nice pub for their gathering, really good ambience and good music. Their table was large and spacious and everyone looked in high-spirit.

“You are married?” The history head of department balked at him looking shocked as everyone there.

Sehun sighs and takes a chair between Jongin and Hye-nim, a friend from the English department without forgetting to greet her with a nod. He flashes his ring finger and smiles guiltily. “It was a really small gathering; just the immediate family.”

“He did not even let me know,” Jongin slams on the table looking dramatically livid. “I’ve been his friend since high-school!”

Sehun nods grimly, his lips in a straight line. Jongin already had few drinks for sure.

“So when will we meet the lucky bride of yours?” People begin to chip in making Sehun panic internally. He did not come here for this.

“Who is she?”

“How did you meet?”

“You should have brought her here today,”

Before he knew it, he was drunk stupid never noticing the woman seated beside him wallowing in misery.

 

* * *

 

“Kyoungsoo darling,” Minah, the pretty girl was a lightweight but definitely not the card-board version of who she was when she was sober. She was now all over Kyoungsoo as the lad; all red in the face from drinking looked thoroughly annoyed.

“Listen Minah when I tell you seriously. I am really not into to you like that, besides I have someone else that I like…” Kyoungsoo explains vividly trying to let the girl who was looking at him longingly understand what he was saying.

Kina rolls her eyes at the exchange they were having. When they are sober, this would literally be the last thing they would talk about. Knowing them, they had zero romantic feelings towards each other.

Please log in to read the full chapter