Lullaby - UmB

Endless Playlist Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SinB P.O.V

 

I just wanted to possess her since the moment I landed my eyes on her. Her hot body was just too appealing but I knew I couldn’t get close. I was supposed to stay hidden and to attack only in a dark area … not in a club. However my fangs were throbbing at the sound of her heart pumping with the beat of the music. I know you’re wondering how I can still hear the sound of a heart with this loud music. Well, to tell you the truth the only sound I hear all the time is the heartbeat of people and tonight it was only hers. I know I should wait until she leaves to a dark alley. That’s what I was taught and that was the universal rule. Discretion was the key especially for a vampire like me who couldn’t control herself. And yet that’s my biggest weakness: I have no power against this thirst. 

 

« Slowly SinB you look like you are already killing her with your stare. » - Sowon my only one friend replied - only one because she’s a vampire too. She was really all the opposite of me:

 

« Look I will teach you … » - She added and I sighed, I lost counts of how many time Sowon showed  off her amazing self-control.

 

She approached a beautiful girl and gave her her most sweetest smile - just disgusting actually especially when you know her true motives. 

 

They started dancing and then I heard Sowon looking right into the girl’s eyes.

 

« You won’t be scared. »

 

« I won’t be scared » - The girl repeated as if lost into Sowon’s hypnotizing irises. 


Sowon then gently planted her fangs on the girl’s neck. Fifteen seconds later - no more no less - Sowon stopped. She quickly wiped her lips. I looked at the girl’s neck. The teeth marked were almost invisible.  No blood dropped. It was clean, it was safe for the girl … it was everything I couldn’t do. 

 

« See, that’s not difficult. Now if you want to stop your hospital blood bags diet and finally eat some fresh nectar, you should just do the same. » 

 

« You know I can’t » 

 

« What did I tell you of course you can. You just have to stay focus. For example, I count until fifteen in my head then I know that I must stop. » 

 

« You can’t savor the blood if you focus on counting … » 

 

« Of course you can. Your body is enjoying it for you. You just have to keep you mind focus. That’s it. If you can’t count, I don’t know sing something … » 

 

She laughed and I disregarded her because of the scent of that previous girl I saw dance before. It was driving me crazy. I started getting drunk by it. My fangs were hurting me: I need to drink ASAP. 


« Ok I’ll try. » - I responded Sowon as I grabbed the first person I found. 

 

« Keep quiet » - I told him in the eyes and he nodded. 

 

I didn’t waste any second as I planted my two vampire teeth on his neck. It has been so long since I have taken a sip directly from the source. I got lost in the moment. I could hear his heartbeat pumping in panic and his pulse getting slower. 

 

« That’s enough. » - I manage to hear yet it seems so far away. My head was throbbing with pleasure. My hold on him got tighter and more aggressive. It was letting out the beast trapped inside me for so long. 

 

« Stop you’re going to kill him! » - Suddenly a force on my wrist brought me back for a second but I push away whoever was interrupting my feeding. 


I immediately realize the one trying to stop me wasn’t human when the force got bigger and managed to get back at me. 

 

« SINB! » - Suddenly I heard Sowon’s voice among the loud club music. I froze on the spot as I got my human mind back again. 

 

Sowon immediately collected the poor guy before he fainted. I stood still as I watched what I have done. Sowon turned for a second towards me and she had that slightly scared look on her face. 

 

« Wipe you mouth. » - She merely said and I proceeded. 

 

« I am … so … so … sorry. » - I finally got a grip on myself.

 

« You didn’t even try. » - Sowon uttered angrily  before taking the guy to a more discrete place. 

 

I almost killed him - I am hundred per cent sure that without Sowon’s intervention that guy wouldn’t have stood a chance. …. I almost kill someone … again. 

 

That’s why I can’t have any friend … that’s why I can’t involve myself in a serious relationship. I once did and it was the most painful memory I ever had. So much that it still terrifies me.


The day after Sowon and I arrived at the university. 

 

« Alright SinB let’s make it right this time. » - She gently said but it still put me under the pressure. I was the reason why we would transfer into a new school every year. It was always the same story: at the beginning it is simple, we are new so one dares approaching us. Then we start making « friends » and of course I started getting noticed by some girl. That girl who has a crush on me approaches me. I am kinda reticent at the beginning then, I gave it a shot. We start dating and it is really weird because I don’t do skin-ships. I just can’t. Or at least at the beginning. I managed to resist when it comes to light kisses and short hugs. But then when she wants more: this get almost uncontrollable. She insists so I give in again but then everything starts getting dizzy. The long contact of the skin, the heartbeat pumping … it is so inviting. She first thinks that it is an aggressive kiss that even make her instinctively reaches her . However through the blood I drink from her I get her wild hormones encouraging me not to stop… ever. My vampire self reached its peak in terms of pleasure but all is left after that is a lifeless body empty from its blood. 

 

Sowon said that I am actually « lucky » not to have already been caught by the Vampire Police. This secret organization which regulate human death caused by vampire. According to Sowon, members of the organization are hidden everywhere. They only catch vampires who kills humans that’s why unlike me Sowon wasn’t scared at all. She never killed anyone.  Rumors say that vampires caught by that police are tortured until they fight against their own vampire nature. Other allege that they have a special method - not really harmful - that can calm any vampire. 

 

Anyway, I was already tormenting by my own guilt. I really didn’t need a third party to make it even harder. 

 

I decided that from now I won’t get into a romance. 

 

Well that was before that first day of school. Indeed being older - Sowon had to go to her own class. She left me alone and I decided to go to the school library hoping that no one would approach me. 

 

But then once there, I saw that same girl from the club which was haunting me ever since. I think she noticed my stare since she looked up at me. I wanted to look away but before I could manage to move she smiled at me and patted the chair beside her. 

 

No I can’t. Really SinB you just can’t break your promise like that. Well, I don’t know why I am worrying: it is not a romance, it is just the first meeting. Maybe did she notice that I was new? 


No matter what my mind was saying … I was walking towards her and I sat beside her. She was reading a book with her earphones on.


Why am I waiting? SinB! At least pretend to study like her. We are in a library for god sake. Don’t expect her to start a conversation. I looked into my bag but closed it immediately when I spotted the blood bag Sowon must have put into it behind my back.

Gosh calm down SinB. You’re not hungry yet. It is only the morning!
It was unusual for a vampire to feel nervous or stress hence my sudden hunger. Those emotions consume a lot of energy.  Wait why am I nervous in the first place? 

 

« Are you ok? » - I heard a small whisper and it sounded almost like a Lullaby. I don’t know why it appeased me.

 

I turned my head towards the girl who has taken out her earphones and let her books wandering on her lap. I unconsciously looked down at her legs since she was wearing a skirt. I got lost into them. Suddenly a hand was waving in front of me. 

 

« Oh yeah I am ok. » - I responded a little bit too loud. Everyone eyed me. Great SinB first day of school and you already got yourself noticed. 


The girl chuckled discreetly. Her voice was very something. It sounded so pure but at the same time mischievous. 

 

« I am Umji » - She said with that same tone semi-innocent semi-confident. 

 

« I am SinB. » - I whispered back and her smile grew on her face. My eyes now were stuck on . Hopefully - or should I admit unfortunately - someone interrupted the moment.

 

« Umji it is time go » - A tall girl appeared and what can I say she sounded bossy with Umji. Was it overprotection? 

 

« Oh Yuju unnie. Yeah sure. Bye SinB see you. » - Umji was the first to leave. That Yuju girl eyed me but I guess it is because I didn’t notice the killing glares I was giving her. She then left leaving me alone. 

 

I felt empty and terribly hungry. It wasn’t supposed to be like that. It only the first day of school. 

 

In the evening, Sowon went home a little bit late. She had that happy face which was really weird. 

« What happened to you? » - I asked her. 

 

« I think I might have fallen in love. » 

 

« Wait why so suddenly? »

 

« It was love at first sight. » 

 

« Oh but that’s so not like you. »

 

« Yeah I know it is the first time but you know what she might be the one. » 

 

« Wait how do you know that? Don’t tell me you compelled her to fall in love with you. »

 

« You know I would never do that. Plus it is forbidden we can only compel humans to feed on them. That’s all. » 

 

« Then were you with her the whole evening? »

 

« Let’s say that I gatecrash a party of her year group. Yeah because she is two years younger. We spoke a lot and I already felt the chemistry. » 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter