Castle - Sinrin

Endless Playlist Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hwang Eunbi was maybe the princess of the Ice Kingdom but she acted like none. 

 

SinB P.O.V.

 

I am headed straight for the castle.

They wanna make me their queen 

And there’s an old man sitting on the throne
That’s saying that I should probably keep my pretty mouth shut. 

 

Knock knock 

 

I stopped singing as soon as I heard the door sound. 

 

« Princess, your father the king wants to see you. » - A guard announced and I rolled my eyes. However, I had no choice so I complied and followed him. 

 

« My dear, I want you to meet an important visitor from the Dragon kingdom. »

 

« Our enemy? » - I blurted.

 

« No more because next week you will become the queen of both kingdom. »

 

« What do you mean? » 

 

« You will marry Prince Jackson. By the way, here is he as he couldn’t wait to see you. I urge you to be nice with him. » 

 

My face filled with horror. My father was selling his daughter to get peace. This Jackson is only a stranger and yet, he wants me to marry him!?

 

Prince Jackson appeared and the look on his face … he was eying me as if I was a trophy he couldn’t wait to possess. This disgusted me. Yet, he still acted like a gentleman - surely because my father was right there - as he took my hand and kissed it gently.

 

« Princess Eunbi, it is a pleasure to finally meet you. » - He smiled at me but I could tell that it was fake.

 

« Well, I will let you both alone for a moment. » - My father told us before he left the room. As soon as he disappeared, Jackson’s smile turned into a creepy smirk.

 

 « You’re beautiful and … you look delicious … I can’t wait for our wedding. » 

 

I really wanted to slap him but I kept my composure.

 

« Who says I’ve accepted to marry you? »

 

« Sadly no one cares about what you think. Be a good girl and accept your fate. »

 

I started to boil inside. This was too much but sadly he spoke nothing but the truth. 

 

« Well Eunbi I will see you next week then. You won’t be disappointed, I will treat you how you deserve it. » - He caressed my cheek and I let him do so as I was frozen and speechless. He then left the room.

 

My father then hurried back into the room to see me.

 

« I hope your pretty mouth of yours didn’t say anything offended. » - He warned me for the nth times before gaining back his throne.

 

The guard accompanied me to my room or should I rather say the gilden prison. 

 

I wanted to cry but  there was no use crying about it. After all no one would care and no one would save me. I was the only one who could do something about it. I knew I had one week to change my fate. 

I looked at the hole in the wall of the dungeon where my room was located. It was high so much that jumping from it would for sure not end so well. Then, I looked down and caught sight of the lake. Hopefully, it was spring and the lake wasn’t frozen. Now if I jump, there are chances that I make it without major injuries. I only had to be brave. I didn’t know how to swim but maybe will I find something to hold into? I hesitated but then I thought about Jackson’s filthy expression. At this point I rather be dead than engaged to him so I jumped. The dark water was so cold. My long dress could have been an obstacle but hopefully it saved me as it got caught into a piece of iron. As a result and thanks to it, I wasn’t drowning. I didn’t think about it but I had to become unrecognizable as villagers would do anything to please the king - even if I explain them the reasons of my escape. I torn my long dress and grabbed a floating piece of wood. Hopefully it was dark and no one could see me capsized on the lake. 

 

Crossing the lake took me a while but I eventually reached land. The forest was scary but now it was too late turning back. I have never been confronted to any hardship of this kind my whole life. There were always guards around and my few trips outside the castle were prepared in advance in great detail. My speeches were written and reviewed by my parents and their counselors. I never had the chance to actually do something with my own hands and my own voice. I was determined to make that change.

I had no idea of the conditions in which the villagers were living. I kinda always had the impression that what I was showed was only a beautiful masquerade hiding the ugly truth. I kept walking without asking myself about the direction nor the goal. I was just wandering without a true purpose except fleeing from my old life. 

 

Suddenly I heard a groan. A terrifying one.

I turned back and caught what seem like a huge bear. I was praying to remain unnoticed by the animal. Then, I saw right in front of me a baby bear. It seemed harmless so I took a step towards it. That’s at that very moment, that the huge bear started groaning again and ran towards me. I ran using all the little energy I got from my poor physical conditions. It was surely the first time I had ran that fast. I wasn’t used to it. That’s surely the reason why a few moments later I tripped and fell down. I was doomed. However I tried to ease my mind: being killed by a bear was still far better than marrying Jackson. 

 

« Hey, are you alright? » -  A voice screamed from afar while I was trying to stand up. 

 

A woman wearing hunter clothes appeared between some tall trees. She looked strong and fearless. 

She was approaching when all of a sudden groan sounds echoed. 

 

« Lay on the floor and act as if you were dead! » - She ordered me and I immediately complied. 

 

I could sense the bear approaching and my heart was racing. Then I felt it near me. It was so hard not to scream because of fear. Even though I trusted the hunter’s advice, I couldn’t help but tremble. The bear noticed it and I got its attention back on me. 

 

Suddenly the hunter jumped in front of me. 

 

« I will distract it. In the mean time run to the opposite, there is a hut not too far away. » - While saying that, she bended a bow back and hit right on the bear’s flesh. It successfully got the attention of the animal on the hunter. Within seconds I was alone. Yet, I knew it wasn’t over. I regained back my force, stood up and then ran towards the so-called hut. 

 

The hunter was right though, there was a hut there. I hesitated for a moment: who was living here? I then thought about the fact that I had no choice. I wouldn’t survive in the forest anyway. I knocked at the door. I waited for a response. However I never got one. I then boldly opened the door and got surprised that I could actually do it as the door wasn’t locked. 

 

The hut was empty however it was inhabited as a pot was boiling in the kitchen. There were lots of meat too and few fruits. I was surprised by how everything was tidy and neat. Some furs were covering the wooded floor making the room cozy. There were no king size bed but again furs as a bed. I’m sure it was still comfortable. I was still wet hopefully there was a chimney with a fire already warming the place. I got rid of my clothes and took a fur to cover myself and sat on the floor near the fire. I silently waited but no one came. I don’t know how I ended up closing my eyes nor how I landed  back on the heap of animal duvet. Everything became black after but at least I felt at peace.

 

I woke up because of knife sounds. I stood up and noticed clothes on me. They didn’t belong to me though and I didn’t recall wearing them the night before. Anyway, fear started building inside me because of the sounds. I approached the kitchen and there I caught size of a woman cutting meat. 

 

« Good morning » - She said without turning her back. « I hope you slept well. » 

 

« I did thank you a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter