Past Life - WonB

Endless Playlist Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SinB P.O.V.

 

One month ago 

 

« Eunbi I can’t wait for our wedding. »

 

« Hey I just proposed yesterday Yewon, we have time for that. Plus, it doesn’t matter as you’re already mine and I am yours. »

 

Yewon pouted and I melted. She could persuade me so easily.

 

« Alright I will start the preparation when I go back from work. » - I kissed her hurriedly as I was already late. Sorry Yewon I will make it up tonight. 

 

She had that usual sad smile when I have to go to work. I caressed her cheek one more time before leaving her. 


The day went smoothly. Working in the IT department of a company whose employees know nothing about computer was always a challenge. Yet, it pays well and I felt contented with the thought of spending some good time with Umji soon. 

 

I would have never thought that all my plans would crash down that night. 

 

In fact, I was on my way home when I suddenly heard may phone ring. I picked up the call and heard that something happened during the fashion event. Some people got badly injured and a few couldn’t be saved… and Yewon was one of them.
I was really confused because Yewon never told me she would attend an event. So I denied the police. Yet, when I got home Yewon wasn’t there. Desperate I went to the police office and I faced the unfathomable truth … Yewon was gone. 

 

Today 

 

The pain kept me company all this time. I had no one in my life except Yewon. She was everything … she was my life.  I was already dead - I died that same day with her. 

 

I was a zombie with no purpose. I couldn’t move on - not with the circumstances of her death being that vague. I then learned that company Kim - the one organizing the fashion event - had some issue with mafias. There was an attack from the latter and the company’s bodyguard had to shoot them back. The wounded civilians were mere « collateral damages » that’s what CEO Kim said. Yewon would never be just a detail in the company’s history. I won’t let that happen. They are going to remember her! I won’t let her be forgotten.

 

I had nothing to loose - I couldn’t care about dying as I was already dead. Still, I will make sure to revenge Yewon beforehand. 

 

A couple of days after, I learned that the CEO had died from a heart attack. I didn’t feel happy … I wanted him to suffer. But it is okay, if I couldn’t have him I would make sure that he has no legacy left. 

 

I did my research and found that he had an only child who just become the new company’s CEO. That was easy then: I will kill him or her. That was my promise to Yewon. 

 

The current issue was that I had to find a way to approach the CEO. I knew I could find a discrete way to put an end to everything but that wouldn’t satisfy me. No … I wanted the person to suffer. 

 

Perfect timing. 

 

They were hiring an IT person for the CEO safety. The job was basically to implement camera and monitor them … so keeping an eye on the CEO 24/7. 

They demanded someone always available … I don’t think there is anyone who would want to sacrifice his or her life for that … even if it pays well.

Well, that’s great because it turns out that I have no life ever since Umji got killed. 

 

I passed the first interview easily. The second was with the CEO herself. Yeah as it happens that she was a woman.

Not any woman, she was very charismatic and even though I hated her family … I had to admit that she was beautiful. She was tall thus impressive and I scared myself at the fact that her face was pleasing to my eyes. 

 

« Good Afternoon Hwang Eunbi, I am Kim Sowon. Have a seat and let’s begin the interview. » 

 

The interview went smoothly … Yet, I had that dominating thought: she was the one I was going to kill.  

I had to think about a way to do it. First I had to get the job. So I acted  … and surprisingly I acted the way I once was … the old me from my Past Life. 

 

She was comfortable. Despite her cold look, she was very warm inside. There was even vulnerability in her eyes … why was she scared? Or was it sadness? I don’t know but it was intriguing: this sad sparkle seemed marked into her irises. 


She told me that I would just like any employee be trained. Not an IT training though … basics of bodyguard training. It was mandatory and this information revealed that she had insecurities.
She seemed torn by paranoia. 

 

And she had no idea that she was eyeing right at her biggest threat that would be the death of her. 

 

I got the job and she asked me to start right away. I was wondering why she was in a hurry. She unknowingly answered me:

 

« The company will organize a fashion show in one week. Everything need to be ready before that day. »

 

That was it. That was the perfect occasion: a public event. Plus, it was the same kind of event Umji attended. 

I had to move in her penthouse. She wanted me to monitor her video surveillance.

If she was really paranoid how could she trust me? I mean she was literally invited a stranger to live under her roof and I was alone with her. 

 

She seemed stressed. I was working at a desk in the middle of the open space of her apartment. The several computer screens were displaying each part of the penthouse - except the bathroom.  

 

The first day I spent with her made me realize something. She was lonely. She never gets out. She was either at her desk working for her company or in other rooms fulfilling some basic human needs.

No one would want to live like that. She wasn’t really living, it was indescribable: it was like being already dead. 

 

Yet, she was rich and young and … beautiful. She had everything … I really couldn’t understand. Wait … why am I wondering whereas I shouldn’t even care … I will kill her anyway. 

 

«  Eunbi? » 

 

« Yeah » - I escaped from my thoughts. She was standing not very far from my desk and she had a plate in her hand. 

 

« Would you mind sharing our break together …? » - For the first time she didn’t look confident but kinda shy and desperate. Even my response was a source of stress.

 

« Sure » - I accepted and her tension released. 

 

She had a small smile … she looked vulnerable as if she needed protection.  By the way, I started my bodyguard training  … it was tough as we went through many things in so little time. Everything felt rushed. I guess Sowon wasn’t the patient one and they designed the training accordingly to that. 

 

I followed her in the dining room. We sat there and she handed me a plate full of food. It was home cooking and I started wondering when was the last time I had such proper food. The taste was amazing. For a second, I felt alive again. 

 

« You’re a great cook. » - I realized I said it out loud when she suddenly stopped eating and lifted her head towards me.

 

« Really? » - She said it with such a cute voice and with a genuinely surprised face … I felt like melting. Wait … First why does she sound like it the first time ever someone tell her a compliment and second why am I reacting like that? 

 

Since I was speechless, she resumed: « Thank you … it feels good to have some company. » 

 

Her smile was sad. I couldn’t help but return her a small grin. I think she got comfortable with my presence as she began chitchatting about some random things. That’s how I learned that she loved the color purple, horror movies and seafood - among other things. 


This casual lunch break felt like a date. Wait what? No … that’s nonsense. 

 

We both returned to our work. In the evening, she went to bed early and that was pretty much everything relevant for this first day. 

 

The second one was pretty similar: we also ate together again. However this time there was much more food - I don’t know how she found the time to prepare all of it. Plus, she was rich she could afford a maid … She surely has trust issues … 

 

« I cooked while you were still asleep early in the morning. » - She revealed to me. 

 

I don’t want to admit it - because it is surely due to the food - I feel at home. I didn’t even feel like  being at work. 


Had she really been a bad person, I wouldn’t feel the guilt while preparing her death plan. Well her family should also be guilty for what happened to Yewon. I shouldn’t feel as bad. I am already dead … I shouldn’t feel at all. 

 

Suddenly I felt her warm and soft hand on mine.

 

« Is everything ok, Eunbi? » - She looked at me with those caring and worried eyes. Her doe eyes were captivating. I felt myself trapped into them - and I wouldn’t mind being trapped for eternity. It was better than my ty life anyway. 

 

I then unconsciously looked down at her lips. They were slightly open as she was waiting for a response on my side. Their heart shape was inviting. I snapped into reality again once she squeezed my hand.

 

« Eunbi? You look pale. » 

 

I didn’t even realize my state. 

 

« I am fine. »  - I merely responded looking away from her face. Those conflicting thoughts were surely the reason. 

 

« No I don’t think so. » - She insisted as she suddenly put her hand on my forehead. The contact it has been a while since I have felt such warm. Everything was so cold since I became alone. 

 

She stood up and grabbed my wrist. She pulled me towards the sofa. I insisted to stay up … I wasn’t sick no matter how many times she claimed the contrary. I finally complied when dizziness started to invade my head so much that I had to grab it. She urgently hold my back in case I would faint and thus fall back. I ended up on the sofa with a pillow under my neck. 

 

« Rest Eunbi. » - She merely said and her voice sounded like a lullaby. I closed my eyes and was almost sure that she sang me a real one after that. Or maybe was it in my head? Why was I like that? Why should I behave like this whereas I am supposed to only observe her and pretend. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter