Who - WonB SEQUEL

Endless Playlist Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

VERSION A 

SOWON P.O.V.

« Sowon » 

 

« Sowon » 

 

I heard a sweet voice say my name. Yet, its tone was desperate. It was almost heartbreaking. I open my eyes and realized that I was holding a knife. Blood. There was a lot of blood. I looked up and noticed the voice owner:

 

« Eunbi? » 

 

« Sowon » - Never before has her voice sounded so weak. She looked into my eyes. Her eyes were sparkling but not in a good way. She was crying … It was a first but now the only think I wish was that it would be the last time. I couldn’t stand it. 

 

« Eunbi you’re bleeding! » - There was a bloody hole instead of her heart. I looked at the knife in my hand. What have I done? Did I just kill her?

 

She suddenly collapsed and I screamed her in name in despair. 

 

« Who am I? » 

 

I open my eyes … I was panting. Fortunately it was only a bad dream … a nightmare. It was 3 a.m. and I was sleepless. I went to check on the twins. They were peacefully sleeping unaware of the terrible tsunami that has hit our home. I couldn’t help but think about SinB’s crying face … no it was rather her dying face … I was shaking …

But why? SinB is guilty. She insulted, assaulted and even killed! The bad dream meaning was that I was clearly feeling guilty. I shouldn’t. I did nothing wrong. I am the victim.

 

It is with anger that I went back to bed and eventually managed to fall asleep.

 

The next day, I learned that SinB’s execution was planned for in three days. I needed to empty my mind. So when Eunwoo invited me - this time - I accepted. 

 

His family was warmly welcoming. They were really nice to me. That’s why I felt bad and sorry because a few times my mind got elsewhere. It was all because of that bad dream. I couldn’t get rid of SinB’s teary eyes. Wherever I was looking, she appeared. So much that at some point I excused myself and left the table. I needed to splash some water on my face.  However, their mansion was so huge that I couldn’t find the bathroom. I ended up in an office and unconsciously my feet guided me towards the desk.

 

There were lots of files and usually such paperwork would have made me flee. However I stayed … I froze.  All it took was a photo … one of SinB. Among all those files, the one with her picture was gathering information on her. Knowing Eunwoo’s family work, I shouldn’t have been as surprised as I was. I heard footsteps so I didn’t have time to look at it in details. However, I managed to catch a name: Jung Eunha. 

SinB never told me about her: I really didn’t know what to expect nor what to think but I wanted to give it a try. So the next day, I tried to find a way to contact that person. I managed to find a number. When I reached her, I got numerous questions about who I was. I lied and told that I was the sister of SinB. Only then have I been accepted to get Eunha on the line.

 

When I heard her sweet honey voice, I instantly alleged that SinB had an affair with her and  I felt embarrassingly jealous at the mere thought of it. 


« Who are you for SinB? » - I bluntly asked her after having presented myself as SinB’s sister.

 

« She never told me she has a sister. » - Eunha highlighted first before answering my question: « SinB was my bodyguard. »

 

I sighed of relief … wait … why did I just do that? How could have I been this jealous? WAIT.

 

« How come SinB never told me that? » - I wondered myself but unintentionally said it loud. 

 

« Because that was part of the contract. I can assure you that this was her job. » - Eunha revealed the truth. After all those time, I finally got the answer. So that’s why she couldn’t tell me. That was explaining a lot of thing such as her long absences. Eunha must be an important person to be protected like that. I politely thanked Eunha and bid goodbye to her. What was weird was that she told me to say hello to SinB for her.

I started to feel sick. It was that guilt again. There was definitively something fishy. 

 

I had to see SinB. I visited the prison. However I was told that SinB didn’t want to see me. I felt hopeless. The execution was near and I needed answers. 

 

Maybe Eunha would give me them. I had to call her again but this time tell her the truth. 

 

« Oh Sowon why are you calling again? Is it to talk about your wife again? »

 

« Wait I never told you that SinB is my wife. »

 

« My people are very efficient at finding information. » - She chuckled.

 

« Then, tell me everything you know about her. The children we adopted: she brought them at home because according to her their parents have been killed in a car accident. She said that she knew one of the parents, is that true? » - My question may have been too precise but I was desperately thirty for answers. 

 

« Well, she didn’t really know the parent. I did. She told me about her adoption wish and so it happens that knowing lots of people, I knew that couple and their accidents. I trusted SinB and was very happy for the twins to have her as their legal guardian. It was the couple wish for their children: that they don’t end up in an orphanage. SinB is so caring that I was sure she would be a great mother for them. » 

 

My face was becoming white … those words: they were exactly what SinB told me when I asked her about what had happened to the twins parents. If Eunha was telling the truth then SinB never committed a crime! Or at least not that one. 

 

Hearing Eunha talk about SinB, I felt like she knew her way better than me. She described her as caring, trustworthy, … 

I asked her about how she knew SinB that much and she gave me an honest response:

 

« She had worked for me for years. So much that at some point she was more than just a bodyguard. She was a best friend to me even though she remained professional. She was a good listener. She even once open up to me about her past. The family drama made her who she is now … a strong and tough woman who doesn’t show her emotions. Even though she might appear closed within herself, she proves through actions that she cares. You are very lucky to have her as your girlfriend. Don’t get me wrong I have already someone but really SinB is like a rare diamond. I was even afraid that because of her cold look she might never find someone or end up with a bad person. Yet, I saw how happy she was whenever she went to work. It is thanks to you. I did teach her to always grab a chance because it might slipped away and she actually managed to ask you on a date really fast. I was proud of her when she told me about it. »

 

Eunha was so talkative that I forgot about the horrible situation I was trapped in for a moment. I recalled of all the moments from the past. SinB brought me so much happiness and to hear it from someone else it made me tear up. 

 

« Eunha sorry to cut you but there is something you need to know about SinB. » 

 

I then revealed her the upcoming end: the terrible fate of SinB.

 

« Wait what ! I received her resignation paper not too long ago. She never mentioned being in jail. SinB can’t be a criminal! »

 

I was speechless. 

 

« I have been lied to. » - Eunha added. « We need to stop them. Thank God, you called me Sowon. » 

 

N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter