Healer

The Billionaire's Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ye-Seul ah, how many hours do I have left till the shareholders meeting?”

Kim Jong Kook sighed softly when his secretary handed him another piles of documents. It’s a never ending work and this is the price that he ought to pay for being the most powerful man in the company. Thousands of employees that are spread all over the world are under his control. He worked until late and he never once complain anything about it. He dedicated all of his time to work so that he will not have any time to think about his life. However, this is the first time ever that he couldn’t do his job well. It feels like the image of Song Ji Hyo kept on appearing in his head that he couldn’t concentrate well.

“It will be after lunch.” Ye-Seul replied easily. She could sense her boss unusual behavior and she finds it amusing somehow. She has been working for him for 2 years and she was there to witness the downfall of his wedding with his ex-fiancé. “Do you need me to get coffee for you?” She asked as it's almost the lunch time.

Jong-Kook nodded. “No sugar and extra shot.” He replied without even looking at her. His eyes are glued to the computer screen. He really need a strong caffeine to keep him focused.

As the coffee arrived, he began sipping it and focused back on his work as he need to prepare for the meetings after lunch. However, he’s too immersed in his work that he doesn’t even realize that the lunch has passed and it’s already the time for him to attend the shareholders meeting. He cursed himself when he could feel a little pain on his abdomen as he skipped his lunch. As much as he wanted to run away from the meeting, he can’t. He should remain professional although it’s so freaking torturing for him. His stomach hurts and his head has been throbbing so badly. It’s so torturing for him that he really wants to finish the meeting soon. He couldn’t even concentrate well on the slide show that’s presented on the tablet in front of him.

“Sajangnim.” First call

“Sajangnim.” Second call

“Kim Jong Kook sajangnim.”

Jong-Kook turned his head to look for who’s calling for him. It’s Han Ye Seul.

“Yes?” He answered weakly.

Ye-Seul could sense his pale face and his lips are trembling as he kept on biting it. She knows that he has been enduring the pain. “Sajangnim, you looked unwell. Should we stop and postpone the meeting?” She asked worriedly.

Jong-Kook shook his head. “Keep going.”

Ye-Seul sighed as she knows how stubborn her boss is. “Are you sure?” She asked again.

Jong-Kook glared at her sharply which indicates that he’s serious with what he said and wanting her to stop asking. Ye-Seul looked down and gulped her saliva upon receiving Jong-Kook’s murderous eye gaze. As much as she’s worried for him, she respects his decision and kept the meeting going.

The meeting took 4 hours to finish and it was as torturing as hell for Jong-Kook. As the meeting is finished, people are going out one by one and left Jong-Kook and Ye-Seul at last.

“Sajangnim, are you really okay?” She just kept on asking.

Jong-Kook exhaled through his gritted teeth. “Bring some painkillers to my office.” He replied shortly and stood up from his chair. As he stood up, it feels like he almost lost his balance that he will fell on the floor is Ye-Seul was not quick enough to hold him.

“I said I’m okay.” He raised his voice at Ye-Seul and pushed her hand away as he tried his best to walk through the door. It’s so stressful if somebody kept on asking him if he’s okay. Moreover, his head is still throbbing so bad that it feels like it’s going to explode soon.

With every bit of his strength, he finally reached his office and he quickly rest himself on the couch. He rested his head and closed his eyes for a while but how come it still couldn’t stop his head from throbbing? Just right then, a light knock was heard and it’s Ye-Seul.

“Sajangnim, here’s the painkillers. You can have a rest and I will cover your work.” She placed the painkiller on the coffee table in front of him.

Jong-Kook just kept on resting his head and doesn’t even bother to open his eyes. “You may go.”

Ye-Seul didn’t reply anything more but to go out from his office. This man is seriously so stubborn that it drives her crazy.

Jong-Kook took the painkillers as soon as Ye-Seul went out from his office hoping that it will at least lighten the pain. The pain did subside a little bit that he forced himself to go back to continue his work. However, it couldn’t last long as several hours later, the pain came back and it’s even worse. This isn’t right. He couldn’t hold it anymore. He slammed his notebook screen angrily and took a glance on the clock. It’s 6.30 PM in the evening. Oh gosh! Just how long has he been enduring this pain? It feels like killing him from inside. He called his driver right away telling him to get the car ready. He surrenders. He really need to get some rest. His body couldn’t take it anymore. He should have listen to Ye-Seul in postponing the meeting.

As soon as he arrived his house, he could even feel his fingers are trembling when he’s pressing the password. He walked inside the house with all of his strength. Just as he’s about to step on the first stairs, he fell down and he felt like he almost lost his consciousness.

Ji-Hyo and the maid looked at each other when they heard the voices of someone falls down. She just finished her dinner and the maid is cleaning the kitchen. Her heart clenched as the thoughts of Kim Jong Kook came into her head. Is it him?

“I’ll go take a look.” Ji-Hyo told the maid who looked as worried as her.

She walked through the living room and widened her eyes in surprise as it’s really Kim Jong Kook. “Jong-Kook-Ssi.” She shrieked in panic when she saw Jong-Kook lying down on the edge of the stairs helplessly.

“Ji-Hyo ya.” He mumbled in pain when he could finally see the face of his wife.

Ji-Hyo couldn’t be more panic when she feels like Jong-Kook was about to pass out soon. “Ahjumma!” She shouted for the maid.

The maid was as shock as her madam when she saw her young master is lying down helplessly.

“Ahjumma, help me bring him to our room.” Ji-Hyo commanded as she used all of her strength in lifting Jong-Kook up. This man is so freaking heavy as Ji-Hyo could feel his bulging muscles.

When they reached Jong-Kook and Ji-Hyo’s room, Ji-Hyo quickly commanded the maid of rest Jong-Kook on their bed. “Thank you, ahjumma.” She thanked the maid.

The maid couldn’t be more worried looking at her young master. Her young master has always been a strong man that it made her panic too. “Is there anything I can help, samonim?”

Ji-Hyo shook her head lightly. She knew that the maid has been working since early morning that she doesn’t want to trouble her even more. “It’s okay, ahjumma. I will take care of your doryeonim.” Ji-Hyo replied.

“Are you sure, samonim?” The maid doesn’t seem to be believing her.

She forced a smile and nodded her head lightly. “Yes, ahjumma. You may take a rest.” Ji-Hyo convinced.

The maid doesn’t have any choice but to obey her madam. “Good night, samonim.” She replied and bowed to Ji-Hyo before leaving both Jong-Kook and Ji-Hyo in their room.

When the maid finally left their room, Ji-Hyo approached Jong-Kook to check on his condition. She could see that he has been curling himself which signs that his abdomen hurts. His face is so pale as she could see beads of sweats are forming on his forehead. She placed her palm on his forehead and she could feel a slight fever. Just how come did he endure all of the pain?

She sat on the edge of the bed and began removing his suit gently. His tie has long gone and now he’s only left with his white shirt. Since their first meeting 4 months ago, this man has always been looking strong but no matter how strong he is, he is still a human who feels the pain. Ji-Hyo’s heart breaks a little when she looked at how weak he is now.

“Does your stomach hurts so much?” She asked as she saw him snuggled and moaned in pain.

Jong-Kook is still conscious and he heard her voice. It’s just that he doesn’t have much energy to talk. He nodded his head weakly.

Ji-Hyo exhaled softly. His face is paper white that she almost cried. “When was your last meal?” She asked as her hand reached for a clean cloth to wipe the sweat from his forehead.

“8 in the morning.” Jong-Kook replied with a very weak voice that sounded more like a whisper. He feels like dying now. He shouldn’t have forced his body to keep doing all of the work. 

Ji-Hyo felt so angry when she heard his answer. This guy is really helpless. Just how hard did he work? She feels like punching him on the face now. He’s very wealthy that he can buy whatever he wants to eat but why he is skipping his meal? “Chamna! No matter how busy you are, you shouldn’t have skip your meal.” She sounded upset.

Jong-Kook feels like his head is throbbing so bad that he doesn’t even have energy to fight with her now. “I’m completely fine. I have took the painkillers earlier.” He replied with his eyes closed.

Ji-Hyo shook her head disbelieve. The maid once said that Kim Jong Kook has always take a good care of his health and is this how he took care of his health? He’s going to die slowly if this happen too often. She didn’t bother to reply him but to took a basin of water and a clean cloth from the bathroom. She placed the basin on the bedside table.

“I think it’s not a good idea if you take a bath now since you have a slight fever. I won’t do anything to you as I will only help you in wiping your body.” Said Ji-Hyo before daring herself to his white shirt.

Jong-Kook didn’t do anything but to just obey his wife and let her do her job. She’s his wife and it’s her obligation to take care of him. Oh wait. Since when he considers her as his wife?

Ji-Hyo couldn’t stop herself from glancing at his body when his shirt is all removed. Damn, that abs are so hot and tempting, she thought. She damped the cloth on the warm water and wiped his whole body gently. Jong-Kook groaned in pain once she went through his abdomen. A sign that his stomach hurts. Although he has hurt her badly, she just couldn’t hate him. Just as how he treated her wound 16 years ago, she’s here to treat his sickness too.

“I have prepared your clothes. You can get change and I’ll go down for a while to make something for you to eat.” Said Ji-Hyo and placed his clothes on the edge of the bed.

Jong-Kook felt the pain subsided a little when he felt how gentle Ji-Hyo was in taking care of him. Weird? Of course. It could be even better than any kind of painkillers. All he needs is his wife.

Ji-Hyo walked down to the kitchen and take a look on what kind of food she can make for him. He needs something light that he can swallow right away. She decided to cook plain porridge. He should at least eat a little before taking his medication. However, a little curiosity kicks into her mind when she thinks of Jong-Kook. What is the cause of his sickness?

As she waited for the rice to cook, she took out her phone and searched for Han Ye Seul's phone number. His secretary must be knowing what happened in the office earlier. Thank God that Ye-Seul asked for her number the last time she visited their house.

Ji-Hyo sighed in relieve that in only took 2 rings for Ye-Seul to answer her call.

“Yeoboseyo.”

“Ye-Seul-Ssi, I’m sorry to bother you but I think I need to confirm something to you.”

“What is it, Ji-Hyo-Ssi?”

“Perhaps, do you know anything happened to Kim Jong Kook? Just how busy was he until he doesn’t have any time for a meal?”

Just right Ji-Hyo asked that question, she heard Ye-Seul’s sigh.

“I noticed that he has been feeling unwell since the beginning of the meeting but he’s very stubborn that he insisted to continue. He left his lunch untouched. The only thing that he finished was the cup of coffee.”

“What? Coffee?”

“Yes. No sugar and extra shot. He had it before his lunch which I think is the main reason of his abdomen pain.”

Ji-Hyo inhaled some air to calm herself. Is this Kim Jong Kook crazy for having so much caffeine on empty stomach? The too much acid in the gastric must be the main reason for his abdomen pain.

“Did he take any medication?”

“He did ask for some painkiller.”

She really wants to punch Kim Jong Kook now. Painkiller will just make him dehydrated.

“Okay. Thank you, Ye-Seul-Ssi. I’m sorry for bothering you. Good night.”

“Ne. Good night, Ji-Hyo-Ssi.”

Could she tell him about how worried she is right now? As she feels so worried to him, she can tell that she really cares for this man no matter how much he hurt her. From the very beginning of their marriage, she realized that she has never hate him. She might not recognize her moonlight oppa but her heart does which is why she couldn’t hate him.

As the porridge boiled and has turn into a thick liquid, Ji-Hyo scooped it onto a bowl. She placed it on a tray along with a glass of water and the medicine. She tried her best not to bother her ahjumma as she’s sure that she will be able to take care of that man by herself. She took the tray to their room carefully and just as how she expected. Kim Jong Kook is still lying on the bed helplessly. Ji-Hyo placed the tray on the bedside table and sat on the edge of the bed. She patted Jong-Kook’s bulging cheek lightly and he slowly opened his eyes. He looked so weak.

“I cooked some porridge. I know you must be having no appetite but at least take several spoon so that you can take your medication.”

Jong-Kook doesn’t feel like eating as his throat feels like burning each time he tried to swallow something. “No. I will be fine.” He disagreed stubbornly.

If he’s healthy, she will have pull his hair for being so stubborn. He looked like he’s bearing so much pain and he still insists that he’s fine. This guy is really driving her crazy. She couldn’t hold it anymore but to grab the bowl on her hand.

“I beg you. Just a few spoon.” She pleaded.

Jong-Kook feels like he couldn’t oppose her anymore. Her sincerity in taking care of him melts his heart. Starting from helping him to walk to their room, cleaned his body and she even cooked for him. Just what is her heart made of? How could she be so generous towards him when he’s being a douchebag husband? He opened his eyes and with the help of his wife, he slowly gets up to seat on the bed and lean on to the headboard.

Ji-Hyo saw it as a good sign and placed a pillow behind him to support his back. She scooped the first spoon and gently place it on his mouth as she’s feeding him. He really transforming from a hungry beast to an obedient lamb.

Just as Ji-Hyo was about to took the third spoon, Jong-Kook choked and coughed loudly. It feels like he couldn’t take the food anymore. Everything that passed through his mouth felt so bitter and once it went through his throat, it feels like burning.

Ji-Hyo couldn’t be more panic as she placed the bowl back on the bedside table and reached for the glass of water. “Drink.” She handed him the glass as her hand kept on patting his back. “Drink slowly.” She reminded again.

Jong-Kook sighed in frustration as he has never feel so weak before. How could he become so weak in front of his wife? “I can’t take the food anymore.” He whined in pain. Everything doesn’t seem right. From his throat to his chest and to his stomach, it feels like burning inside.

Ji-Hyo’s hand reached for the medicine as she doesn’t want to force him anymore. At least he took two spoonful of the liquid. “At least take the medication. It’s antacids. It will help in neutralizing the acids in your stomach.” She said.

Jong-Kook was a little puzzled. How could she know he’s actually having problem with his gastric? As much as he wanted to find out, he doesn’t have the energy to. He just obeyed her in taking the medication and doze off to sleep right away. He really need an adequate rest.

Ji-Hyo has never been so worried sick about a person and not even to Park Si Hoo. Kim Jong Kook definitely has a special place in her heart. She wondered if he’s not her moonlight oppa, will she still feel the same?

Ji-Hyo feels like she couldn’t just sleep right away as she’s still so worried about Jong-Kook and k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter