The Beast

The Billionaire's Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JK Holdings Headquarter Office

A light knock made Jong-Kook lifted up his face and waited for the presence of the person who knocked. It’s his secretary, Han Ye Seul. He glanced at the clock and found out that it’s just 10 AM. The flight to Osaka will be in 2 in the afternoon. They still have plenty of time and he could still cover some of his work here before going to the airport.

“What’s the matter Ye-Seul ah?” He asked.

Ye-Seul bowed lightly to him. “Sajangnim, your consulting detective is here.” Ye-Seul replied.

Jong-Kook’s eyebrow narrowed. “Bring him in.”

“Yes, sajangnim.” Ye-Seul replied and bowed to him before leaving his room.

When Ye-Seul went out, he could feel someone’s footstep is approaching his office. The door was opened. The man entered his office casually and sat on the couch before taking a quick glance at Jong-Kook.

Yoo Jae Seok cleared his throat and crossed his leg casually. “I have something to tell you.” He sounded serious.

Jong-Kook’s fingers stopped typing and glanced at Jae-Seok. “Do you have something positive?” He asked back.

Jae-Seok grinned lightly. He has been so anticipating to tell Jong-Kook about his findings. “Yes.”

Jong-Kook’s forehead formed a light crease as he began to feel curious. “What is it, hyung?” He asked back.

Jae-Seok smiled widely as he just won the lottery. “It’s about your suspects about Song Min Hyuk and Park Cheol Gwang. I’m 70% sure that it’s real.”

Jong-Kook smirked as he couldn’t be more satisfied. That dirty businessmen. He will definitely put them behind the bars. “What’s with the other 30%?” Jong-Kook has been so anticipating about this.

Jae-Seok can feel that this man is so impatient. He has been knowing Jong-Kook for almost 10 years. Their first encounter was in France. Jae-Seok is a professional detective and he might not be so close to Jong-Kook but he used to work for his foster father.  “You will need more evidence to prove their crimes.” Jae-Seok replied with a very serious expression.

The smirk on Jong-Kook’s face faded. “Ya! You really sounded like we’re very ready to report it to the police. How disappointing.” He responded and turned back to his computer screen.

Jae-Seok scoffed. “Do you think it’s an easy job? Money laundering is very complicated when they have gone through the step of layering. I have to figure out where are they transferring the money to and it’s so damn frustrating.” Jae-Seok tried to defend himself. “I can see that they are very careful in doing this. If I don’t have connection to the bank’s board, I will not have the access to their banking transactions.” He added.

Jong-Kook exhaled sharply. Yes, money laundering is his biggest suspect towards Song Min Hyuk and Park Cheol Gwang. He knew it well that these two people are good friends and he’s very sure that these two people has been doing money laundering all these while. The company of Song Min Hyuk is just a play to cover their crime. He just need more evidence so that he can put these two greedy men into the jail right away.

“Hyung, I think you can do better than this.” Said Jong-Kook as he expects Jae-Seok to do more than this.

Jae-Seok sighed lightly as he rolled his eyes. “Ya! As I told you before, this task of yours is not a simple task. It’s very complicated as I need my brain to work extra. Moreover, going through a customer’s transaction is forbidden that it’s against the law. It’s a very high risk task.” He sounded annoyed.

Jong-Kook couldn’t agree more to Jae-Seok. It seemed very impossible at first when he wanted to go through the detailed baking transactions. Banks will never allow it as customers’ data should remain confidential. He could have asked directly to Song Min Hyuk but it will be way too obvious and Song Min Hyuk might suspects him right away.

“Just what kind of evidence do you need?” Jong-Kook asked again.

“I need to go through Song Min Hyuk’s personal PC. The PC that he is using for his work.” Jae-Seok replied easily.

Jong-Kook sighed sharply as he looked at Jae-Seok helplessly. “Don’t you have any other way? It’s way too obvious that he will suspect it right away.” He disagreed.

Jae-Seok let out a small chuckle. “You don’t have to worry. I just need him to click on a link address. The link address might look just like a junk mail but once he clicked to that link, I will be able to go through his PC and might be able to go through his webcam to spy at him.”

“Do you think it will be effective?” Jong-Kook doubted.

Jae-Seok nodded. “You are one of the major shareholder of that company. Moreover, Song Min Hyuk is your father in law that I believe that he trusts you. You are a smart man and I think you can figure it out how to make him click on the link address that I made.”

Jong-Kook bit his lip as he started to think. It might not be a hard task but he ought to be extra careful to not make Song Min Hyuk feeling suspicious.

“Do you know why I can say that I’m 70% sure already?” Said Jae-Seok as he tried to cheer Jong-Kook up a little bit.

Jong-Kook glanced back at Jae-Seok. “I bet you have go through their personal banking account and their transaction behavior. You can suspect it right away when there is suddenly a large amount of money being transferred into their account.” Jong-Kook answered.

Jae-Seok shook his head lightly. “Do you think that they are that stupid? Using their personal banking account in this money laundering thing is like pushing themselves in to the cliff. Instead of using their personal account, they are using the company’s account and they have accounts under other people's name. It will look more like a normal daily business transaction.” Jae-Seok replied confidently. “Moreover, do you know that the only people that have the right to access the company’s bank account is just Song Min Hyuk and Park Cheol Gwang?” Jae-Seok added.

Jong-Kook couldn’t be more surprised. This is way too obvious. “Park Cheol Gwang might be smart but stupid either. I can sense that it’s fishy when he bought a mansion in Beverly hills. After that he bought a large sum amount of insurance and not long after that he invested another large sum amount of money in Song Min Hyuk’s company.” He chuckled as he finds it amusing.

“I am always very curious on how could you know that? You are never close with Park Cheol Gwang but how could you know so much about him?” Jae-Seok asked again.

Jong-Kook sighed sharply when hearing Jae-Seok’s question. “Park Han Byul. We… kind of having a history.” He replied shortly as he doesn’t want to talk more about his past.

Jae-Seok widened his eyes in surprise as he couldn’t really believe what he’s saying. “What? You dated your enemy’s daughter?”

Jong-Kook nodded lightly. “It was a past and I do not want to remember anything about it anymore.”

Jae-Seok is still very dumbfounded. “Just how could Park Cheol Gwang let you date his daughter?”

Jong-Kook glared at Jae-Seok murderously as if he’s signing him to stop asking. “Hyung, please stop asking.” He said sternly. It was one of the deepest scar he had. He doesn’t want to talk about it anymore.

Jae-Seok gulped and looked away from Jong-Kook’s sharp glare. “I forgot that you are married.” Jae-Seok replied and his eyes widened again as he realized something else. “Ya! Your wife is Song Min Hyuk’s daughter.” He looked at Jong-Kook disbelieve.

Jong-Kook felt like he really couldn’t talk more to Jae-Seok. Is he trying to dig everything about his love life? “Spill the beans, what do you want to know?” He asked straight forward as he started to feel irritated.

“You are really out of your mind. You dated your enemy’s daughter and now you are marrying another enemy’s daughter. You like to play with fire, don’t you?” Jae-Seok asked and chuckled sarcastically.

“Hyung, I told you before. I married his daughter so that I could gain his trust to destroy him.” Jong-Kook replied easily.

Just right so, Jae-Seok smirked at him. “So what are you going to do after you had your ridiculous revenge? Divorce?”

Jong-Kook’s head went blank for a while. He’s right. What is he going to do after all of his revenge plan has succeeded? Moreover, how could he face Song Ji Hyo when she knew about his initial motive in marrying her? Just how broken will she be? He has hurt her enough since the beginning and by continuing the revenge plan, it means that he will continue to hurt her. 

Jae-Seok tapped his shoulder lightly and gave him a very important piece of advice.

“Jong-Kook ah. Men might be cruel but women are very dangerous. They can make you feel loved, go crazy over them and become irresistibly addictive. I’d better warn you now or you will regret it later.” Jae-Seouk said in a very serious tone.

Jong-Kook does aware of it. How could he tell Jae-Seok that he actually has started to fall for the woman that he called wife? The way she cared of him and the way she treated him made him feel loved. He couldn’t really describe the feeling when he’s around her. All he feels is that he wanted to own that woman. He realized it well that he owned her already as she’s his wife but he wanted more than that. He wanted to own her. All of her.

“You are very selfish if you wanted her and yet you still want to get revenge towards her family. You ought to choose one or you will end up getting nothing.” Jae-Seok added.

**

Ji-Hyo felt like something was missing as she hasn’t seen Jong-Kook for 2 days already. He went to Japan for a business trip, leaving her alone in Seoul. Missing him? Of course she is. She wondered if he missed her the way she does. It was Friday and she decided to went to their parents’ house after she finished her work. Taking care of her mother and helping her mother to prepare the dinner for her whole family were the thing that she missed the most. She wished that she could spend a little more time with her family.

It was 9 PM when she came back from her parent’s house and the sky has gone dark. Her home is silent as always and she could hardly see her ahjumma. It’s quite late that she’s sure that the maid should be resting already. She does not want to bother anyone but to went straight to her room to do clean herself. As she finished her shower, a light beep from her phone caught her attention. She grabbed her phone and found a new message arrived. Her lips curled up automatically when she knew who is the sender. It’s her husband.

I hope you are doing fine. I will finish my work as quick as possible. Take care.

She did send a message to him telling him to not skip his meals and not to overwork himself. Now that she missed him even more.

“Good night, Kim Jong Kook.” She mumbled on her own after she read Jong-Kook’s message.

When she was about to sleep, her phone rang again as someone is calling. She first thought that it’s Jong-Kook but he just sent her a message. Is it possible? However, her forehead formed a light crease when she saw the caller.

Incoming call

Park Si Hoo

Wait. Why is he even contacting her?

She decided to pick up the phone because she still consider Si-Hoo as her friend.

“Yeoboseyo.”

“Hello miss?”

Ji-Hyo was puzzled. It was not Si-Hoo’s voice and she doesn’t even recognize whose voice is that. What happened to Si-Hoo?

“Si-Hoo oppa?”

“Miss, we just want to inform you that Park Si Hoo-Ssi is too drunk that he almost passed out in our bar. We don’t know who to contact but to call the emergency number on his phone.”

Ji-Hyo was startled. How could Park Si Hoo registered her number as the emergency number? Just what happened to him? Although he is her ex-boyfriend, she did feel a little worried for him when the caller said that Si-Hoo almost passed out.

“Where is he?”

“Pierre Bar, Lotte hotel.”

“I’ll be there soon.”

Ji-Hyo does not gave the caller any chance to reply her but to change her clothes immediately. The thing that’s in her mind is that she ought to go there as soon as possible. Let’s just count this as the repay that Park Si Hoo once saved her from a gunshot. She felt a lot relieve that Jong-Kook is currently not in Seoul because it will be another war between them when he found out that she went out to see Park Si Hoo. There will be another accusation which will mislead both of them into a fight. She’s too tired of that.

As Ji-Hyo reached the garage, she went into the car as she couldn’t let any of Jong-Kook’s men know where she is going. However, it feels like luck is definitely not on her sight that Yang Se Chan came out of nowhere that made her startled.

“Samonim, it’s so late. Let me drive you instead.” Se-Chan offered when he saw Ji-Hyo opened the car door.

Ji-Hyo glared at Se-Chan sharply. “I’ll drive myself.” She insisted.

When Ji-Hyo was about to close the door, Se-Chan stopped her again. “Samonim, please.” He pleaded as he will end up as a dead meat if anything happen to her.

Ji-Hyo inhaled for some air to calm herself. She shouldn’t be looking suspicious or else Se-Chan will report it to Jong-Kook. “I’m going to my parents’ house. Nothing too serious.” She replied casually and she doesn’t want to see Se-Chan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter