Clair De Lune

The Billionaire's Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A loud sound of the engine was clearly heard as he kept on adding the speed. It might exceed the legal speed limit but he doesn’t care. He doesn’t have any idea why his frozen heart could feel again. It’s not a joyous feeling but a torture instead. He tried his best to forget everything in the past why that girl seemed trying to rub salt into his wound? He tried his best to shield himself thinking that nobody will hurt him if he does so but he’s wrong. Even up until now, he’s still hurt.

Kim Jong Kook kept the motorbike that he rode in high speed and drive up in the middle of the cold night. It’s autumn and winter is going to kick anytime soon but it seems like the coldness is nothing compared to the wound inside his heart. He needs something to distract him from his own thoughts. He knew it well that he couldn’t kept on bothering Dong-Hoon and unleashing his anger with speed is the only thing that passed through his head. He doesn’t know how far he has gone with his motorbike. He doesn’t care if he’s going to be fine for exceeding the legal speed limit. He just wanted to forget everything at least for a moment.

He stopped by a bridge and sat on his motorbike while looking at the river. He could see the moonlight up in the night sky along with the stars. How ironic. She has gone for a year and yet he still couldn’t get over her. He promised himself not to be weak but how come his heart couldn’t be as tough as his brain? He could control his mind but forget everything in the past but he couldn’t lie to his heart that it still hurts a little. He looked at his watch and it shows 1 in the morning. No wonder the road has become quiet. He chose to drive back to his house.

He tried to walk as slow as he can so that he won’t make any sounds. It’s 2 in the morning that he couldn’t let anyone woke up because of him. He walked straight to his room and he could see his wife is sleeping. He approached her and brushed her hair gently, trying hard not to wake her up.

“I’m sorry, Ji-Hyo ya.” He whispered.

He walked out from their room and went to his study room. It’s so dark that he didn’t even bother to turn on the light. The only light he depended on is the moonlight. He could see the moonlight in shining so bright as if it’s teasing him for his sadness. He walked and took a seat in front of his piano. He gently touches the surface of his grand piano and opened the cover. He can feel that it’s a little dusty as it has been a while since he touched his piano. He has always liked classical music and piano is one of his passion.

He gently touched the keys and without him even notice that his fingers are dancing around while pressing the keys. Fortunately, his study room is soundproof that he’s not going to disturb anyone. A beautiful song was played that it’s the only way for him to pour out his sadness. He could feel the pain aroused and hoping that his play will at least distract him for a while. Little did he know, he didn’t lock the door properly as it’s slightly open.

Ji-Hyo couldn’t really doze herself to sleep as the scene earlier kept on bothering her mind. She didn’t know how late it was until she heard the sound of the door was opened. She could hear his footstep. He’s finally home. As much as she wanted to approach him, she decided not to. She understands it well that his mind might still be clouded that she doesn’t want to add more pressure. In the end, she just pretends to sleep by closing her eyes. She could hear him approaching the bed and she could feel his touch on her head. She heard him mumbling something but it’s too soft that she couldn’t hear it clearly. A pang of disappointment hit her when she heard his footstep is getting further and followed by the sound of the door being close. She opened her eyes again and she couldn’t find Kim Jong Kook anywhere. She’s so confident that he was here.

“Where is he going again?” She mumbled on her own.

She jumped off her bed and went out from her room. As she walked through the hallway, she could hear the sound of piano echoed from the room in the corner. The sound might not be very clear but she can still hear it since it’s so quiet. She walked towards the room and realized that it’s Kim Jong Kook’s study room. She could see the man that she called husband is inside that room. As the door is slightly opened, she tried to peep through the little gap. She doesn’t know why but her heart cracks when she looked at how painful Kim Jong Kook’s expression is. The melody feels like swinging along with his sadness that she could feel the pain. For a second, she feels like the melody feels so familiar. It feels like this is not the first time she heard that song. She tried her best not to make any sound when she entered his study room as she doesn’t want to bother his play. She walked towards him and took a seat beside him gently.

Jong-Kook’s fingers stopped pressing the keys as he felt someone’s presence. He turned to the side and found out that it’s his wife. Although it’s dark, he could see her face underneath the moonlight. He doesn’t have anything to say but to just look at her deep in her eyes. He wouldn’t lie to himself that his wife is indeed beautiful and her innocence made him feel guilty for dragging her into his dark world.

“Keep going.” Said Ji-Hyo as she breaks the silence. She didn’t mean to stop him from his play. The melody might sound sad but she wouldn’t deny that he actually did a good job in playing it.

Jong-Kook turned back to his piano keys. As he ignores her, he continues his song until it’s finish. It’s like he’s trying to transfer all of his pain towards the song and it’s weird that she could feel the pain. She could feel that her heart hurts every time she looked at Kim Jong Kook’s painful expression. She started to wonder if it’s just a feeling of empathy or she has slowly fallen for this man?

“It’s sad and beautiful at the same time.” Said Ji-Hyo. She sounded so gentle and her voice is so weak that sounded more like a whisper.

Jong-Kook knows how she felt. The song is indeed sad that it’s way too stressful for him. He could feel a little happiness inside his little heart when he saw her presence. “It’s Cl,” He was about to tell her the song title.

“Clair de lune.” She cuts him. She doesn’t have any idea how she could know it. She never has any interest towards classical music but this piece sounded so familiar to her that she could guess the title right away. It’s Debussy’s.

A soft sigh escaped from Jong-Kook’s lips. It’s a popular song which took Debussy 15 years to compose it. He won’t be surprised if she knows about the song. “It means moonlight. It tells about the sad and beautiful light of the moon.” He replied with his hoarse voice.

Ji-Hyo dared herself to kill the distance between them as she sat closer to him. “Why does it sounds more like two people who are not going to meet each other again?” She asked as her eyes are piercing into his beautiful small eyes.

Jong-Kook wouldn’t deny about what she said just now. She’s right. Every melody of the song illustrates about a person’s sadness.

Ji-Hyo doesn’t know where the hell did she get the courage to reach his cheeks. Her palm is caressing his bulging cheek as if she tried to let him share the pain with her. “It’s okay to not be okay. I might not know about your past but you can share the pain with me. I won’t mind.” She uttered sincerely to him. Could she really tell him that she hates it to see him like this? She’d rather argue with him rather than seeing him upset like this.

For a moment, he felt like the ice that froze his heart is melting in front of her. Her sincerity melts his heart. His past is just too miserable to be remember that he told himself well that he might not want to fall in love with woman anymore. However, it feels like the woman in front of him has break through his shield. It feels like he wanted to believe her too.

“Fighting alone is too exhausting. The burden that you need to carry might be too heavy for you. If you ever need a companion, I will be there for you.” She added.

Jong-Kook couldn’t hold it anymore but to pull her into his embrace. He captured her as if he’s caging her inside his hug. It’s so tight as if he doesn’t want to let her go. He hid his face on the crook of her neck where he could inhale her sweet scent while his hands are circling tightly onto her waist. The weird feeling does come again. How weird is it that he wanted to keep her by his side? He wanted to be with her and he wanted to protect her as he wanted to be the only man for her. He could feel all of his pain and sorrow are vanished for a while when she’s in his arms. Another spark embarked through his little heart when he could feel her hands are circling through his waist as well.

“Jong-Kook-Ssi.” She called as she could feel the electric jolt when he cupped her face. Their faces are just inches apart and the distance between their body has long gone. Damn it, she has never been this close to him.

Before Ji-Hyo could say anything, she could feel his lips brushed over hers. It feels like her world is frozen for a while. She feels like the time stopped ticking when she felt his wet lips of him touched hers. She could feel that his kiss is so gentle. She could feel his hand slightly moved to her neck as if he’s trying to press a deeper kiss towards her. A soft moan escaped through her lips and it feels like all of his man hormones are kicking inside his body. His tongue has been dancing along inside her lips as his lips kept on playing with hers. She doesn’t have any idea but she started to enjoy every single bit of his lips. Her hands moved and she started to circle her hands on his neck as she craved for his lips as well. This might be too sudden but for a moment, she wanted to be selfish. She doesn’t want to care about the world because all she wants now is him. Every seconds they share seemed to be so valuable that none of them wanted to broke the kiss. Damn, it was so hot. The kiss was so different with the one on their wedding day. She could feel the love and warmness where the kiss on their wedding day was rather forced.

She could feel his lips slowly moved on to her neck and it sends shiver down to her spine. This is not right. As much as she enjoys every touch that he gave, she’s not ready to cross the boundaries yet. She used every single strength that she has and pushed him as she tried to break-free herself from him.

Jong-Kook definitely feel the way she pushed him. It’s a signal that she wanted him to stop. Although she’s his wife, he respects her anyway and it’s a wake-up call for him. He stopped as he looked away from her. He thought that he’s insane. How could Song Ji Hyo be so tempting? Ever since the beginning he told her right that he doesn’t do stupid things like falling in love but why it seems like he’s falling into his own trap? He doesn’t know if he has started to like her but he remembered the pain when he saw her lying down helplessly in the hospital bed, the pain when she’s raging about wanting to see Park Si Hoo and the regret for being late in saving her. Could his heart bear to love again?

“It’s so late. Aren’t you sleepy?” Jong-Kook tried to ask as he could feel her awkwardness that she’s even holding her breath now.

Ji-Hyo exhaled softly upon hearing what Jong-Kook said. She could feel worriedness in his tone. “Will you be okay?” She asked back.

Jong-Kook nodded. Even if he’s not, he’s not going to say that he’s not. “I will always be okay.” He replied.

Ji-Hyo reached his hands and squeezed it softly. “I know that you were hurt and the pain is so visible in your gaze. I know that your cold and rude personality are just a shield to protect yourself but please I don’t want you to torture yourself any longer. Everyone in the world deserve happiness.” It hurts her to see his painful gaze.

Jong-Kook smirked at her. What did she say just now? Happiness. Does he deserve it?

“I’m not a stingy person. As long as you are willing to try, I will do my best too. You can have me as long as that little heart of yours is willing to love me back.” She uttered weakly. Why she suddenly feels like she wanted to give this marriage a try?

Jong-Kook looked at Ji-Hyo disbelieve. What did she say just now? Is she saying that she wanted to try for him? She wanted him to love her? Can he? “I’m not sure if I can. My heart is too broken to love again.” He’s not confident with himself.

Ji-Hyo dared herself to cup his face so that he could look straight into her eyes. She could sense the hesitation in his voice and she’s going to convince him. “If a broken crayon could still colors, then broken heart can still love too.”

He wanted to believe her. He wanted to keep her close in his arms. Why it feels like the one that couldn’t be trusted is him? He trusts her but he couldn’t trust himself. How if he’s dragging her even deeper into his dark world? Even if she started falling for him, how is he going to tell her if their whole marriage is just a play? Why everything become so complicated?

**

The smell of a plateful of delighted English breakfast goes through Ji-Hyo’s nose that makes her stomach growls. She’s sleepy and hungry at the same time. She didn’t remember what time did she sleep after a deep conversation with her husband last night. She stated is so clear that she wanted to give this marriage a try and that little heart of her hopes that Jong-Kook will be willing to try too.

“You’re early.” Said Jong-Kook and placed his briefcase on the empty chair as he seated on his usual chair.

Ji-Hyo lips engraved a smile. “Didn’t I told you? I will start working.” She replied in enthusiast. She has been waiting for this day to come because she feels like she’s going to die in boredom soon if she stayed in his big house for too long.

Jong-Kook never liked the idea of her wanting to work. He just let out a forced smile. “You can quit anytime if the work is too heavy.” He replied shortly and started eating his breakfast.

For some reason, Ji-Hyo liked the atmosphere between them. She could see from his gaze that the cold and arrogant gaze have gone. The little happiness embarked from her heart seeing that Jong-Kook is willing to give this marriage a try.

“Finish your breakfast. I will send you to your workplace.” Said Jong-Kook out of sudden. He still need to know how do his wife’s workplace look like and Ji-Hyo just reply with a light nod.

Jong-Kook stood up right after he finished the last piece of his scrambled egg. “Are you ready?” He asked.

Ji-Hyo wiped her lips after gulping the very last drip of h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter