The Fox

The Billionaire's Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyung, stop it.” Said Ha Dong-Hoon while he took away the bottled Soju from Jong-Kook’s hand or else he will end up getting drunk.

Jong-Kook used all of his strength to get the bottle back from Dong-Hoon while glaring at Dong-Hoon. “Give it back!” He shouted.

That shout made Dong-Hoon rolled his eyes and he put the bottle back on the table hardly causing a loud voice coming from it. He glared back at Jong-Kook as well.

“Do you think drinking will get your problem done?” He shouted back at Jong-Kook. “You are just a coward, hyung.” He added again.

“What did you say? Coward?”

Dong-Hoon scoffed. “Yes and you don’t hear me wrong. You came here to get drunk just to avoid the problems that you made yourself, isn’t it?” He said because he knew that Jong-Kook is not a drinker. There are only two conditions that will make him drinks. First, if there is an event. Second, if he has so much problems that he couldn’t solve.

“I messed up everything, Dong-Hoon ah.” Jong-Kook replied with his hoarse voice.

“What?” Dong-Hoon asked because he doesn’t get it.

“The revenge plan.”

Dong-Hoon sighed and he rolled his eyes again. “Hyung, I have warned you enough since the beginning. Things will not get complicated like this if you just let go of your freaking plan!”

Jong-Kook drowned his face on his palm as he kept on massaging his temple. His head hurts and throbs badly, thinking on how to solve the mess.

Dong-Hoon noticed that his best friend started to feel guilty as he pat Jong-Kook’s back lightly. “It’s not too late, hyung. You can still stop at this point.” He coaxed.

Jong-Kook looked at Dong-Hoon with a helpless look and he shook his head. “It’s already late, Dong-Hoon ah.” He replied and again letting out another deep sigh.

“How far have you gone, hyung?”

“The evidences are already with Yoo Jae Seok.”

Dong-Hoon’s eyes widened. “What evidence? Since when you are working with Yoo Jae Seok? Is there something I don’t know?”

“It was almost a year ago. I asked Jae-Seok hyung’s help in order to reveal their money laundering activities and he succeeded. I wouldn’t deny that Jae-Seok hyung is very smart that not only he is able to go through Song Min Hyuk’s personal PC but also Park Cheol Gwang. We are already behind the finish line, Dong-Hoon ah.”

“You should be happy. You are killing two birds with one stone.”

Jong-Kook looked at Dong-Hoon disbelieve. “How do you think Ji-Hyo will react to this? How if she knows that the reason behind our marriage is only because I wanted to earn her father’s trust in order to destroy him?”

“That’s the point, hyung! As a friend, I have warned you enough since the beginning that this won’t be a good idea.”

“I know but falling in love is definitely out of the plan, Dong-Hoon ah. I always thought that I have given up with love that I can never love again but the heart is way too stupid. However, that’s not the worst case.”

Dong-Hoon’s brows furrowed. “Then what’s the worst?”

“Did you remember that I once told you about the accident that made me lost both of my parents and how I could suspect Song Min Hyuk to be the person behind it?” Jong-Kook asked.

Dong-Hoon nodded spontaneously. “Because a car arrived a moment after the accident and that is Song Min Hyuk’s car. You said it’s way too fishy to be considered as a coincidence and the last person who your father called that day was him as well.” He replied as he tried to recall the story that Jong-Kook told him years ago.

“I just found out that something is not right.” Jong-Kook added.

“What is it, hyung?”

Jong-Kook bit his lips and tried to put the pieces of puzzles together in his head. “The accident is a conspiracy for me.” He sounds serious.

However, Dong-Hoon was a little confused. “Isn’t the case closed already? It was 20 years ago.”

“The CCTV was broken that night and the black box was destroyed. Don’t you think that it’s way too impossible to be considered as a coincidence? Moreover, the brake malfunctioned and the navigation was broken too. We’re going back to our hometown, Dong-Hoon ah. It will be a long car ride and my father was a very cautious person that I’m sure that he checked the whole car and the engine the night before.”

Dong-Hoon massaged his temple because he started to feel that this riddle is way too complicated to be solved. “Didn’t the police and detectives checked the whole car after the accident? There must be fingerprints or something like that.”

Jong-Kook shook his head. “The culprit is not that stupid.” He chuckled sadly.

“What do you mean, hyung? It’s impossible that there’s no fingerprints.”

“Detectives are smart but I got to admit it that the culprit is smarter. I remembered that when we entered our car that day, my mother gets nauseous right away because of the alcohol and ammonia scents while my father and I didn’t smell any.”

“Alcohol? What is the chemical thing for?”

Jong-Kook smirked. “I was not aware that time because I was just a kid and my father said that it’s just my mother’s thoughts since she was sensitive to smells. However, when I grew older, I started to realize that the chemical substances are used to clear the fingerprints meaning that my mother was right about the chemical scents.” Jong-Kook explained.

Dong-Hoon widened his mouth disbelieve. “Why do I feel like I’m watching a crime movie? Hyung, I even get goosebumps.” He showed Jong-Kook his arm and end up being hit a little by Jong-Kook.

“It’s not the time to joke, Dong-Hoon ah. I have another serious plot twist that I just discover recently.” Said Jong-Kook.

“Plot twist?” Dong-Hoon asked back.

Jong-Kook nodded. “It might sound unbelievable but recently, Ji-Hyo showed me a picture of her family when they had vacation in Jeju Island 20 years ago and it was taken during her parents’ wedding anniversary.” He paused and there was a brief silence before he continued. “Her parents’ wedding anniversary is on the same date as my birthday.” Jong-Kook added.

Dong-Hoon’s widened in horror right away when he heard what Jong-Kook said just now.

“Are you thinking the same thing as I am?” Jong-Kook asked and his eyes are pierced right on Dong-Hoon’s.

Dong-Hoon nodded his head weakly. “Song Min Hyuk was not the culprit.” He was as dumbfounded as Jong-Kook.

Jong-Kook sighed sharply and rested his head on the wall behind the sofa. “I have been thinking about that the whole week, Dong-Hoon ah.”

“Then, who was the one who rode Song Min Hyuk’s car?”

“I don’t know, Dong-Hoon ah. I will need to go through the case again and I believe the Police do save the data. I will need to find who are the witnesses.”

Dong-Hoon scoffed disbelieve. “Ya! Didn’t you check who are the witnesses already? Wait, why didn’t they capture the one who arrived with Song Min Hyuk’s car?” He asked.

“I did check but I don’t even know any of them and because the car belongs to Song Min Hyuk, I suspected he was the one behind this because how could he knew the location where the accident happened? The police didn’t even call anyone yet. Moreover, the evidence was not strong enough because it was way too smooth to be considered as premeditated murder. After months of investigating, they closed the case and consider it as accident.”

Damn it, it’s getting complicated. We can barely remember what we did last night but now they have to figure out what was really happening 20 years ago. It was very stressful indeed and thanks to Kim Jong Kook that he has successfully dragging his so called best friend, Ha Dong Hoon into this mess together with him.

Dong-Hoon then moved his gaze back to Jong-Kook and start asking him question. “Then, how are you going to explain to your wife about all of these? I got to admit it that this is way very complicated and you said that you have the evidences about the money laundering?” He asked.

Jong-Kook gave a light nod. “I think Jae-Seok hyung will be handing it to the prosecutor soon.” He sighed sharply.

“Hyung, I think you need to prepare for the worst situation.” Said Dong-Hoon.

“What do you mean?”

Dong-Hoon felt like knocking his hyung’s head to get him back to his sense. “You know it better than anyone about your wife’s temper and stubbornness. Do you think she will just stay still watching her father being drag to the jail and the one behind that is her husband? Moreover, her husband has suspected the wrong person all this while.”

Dong-Hoon is right. It will be the worst scenario that he, himself does not dare to imagine. “So you think I should tell her something like Ji-Hyo ya, I’m sorry that I put your father to jail. Like that?” Asked Jong-Kook.

For a moment, Dong-Hoon felt so angry that he really knocked Jong-Kook’s head with his knuckles. “Get back to your sense!” He raised his voice and gave Jong-Kook a sharp glare.

“Ya! My head has been throbbing ever since I arrived your apartment. Don’t add the pain!” Jong-Kook shouted back.

“Because I need to knock some senses to your head. You better explain everything in detail to your wife and beg for forgiveness telling her that you were wrong all this while.”

And again, Kim Jong Kook sighed when hearing what Dong-Hoon said just now. It will be one of his biggest fear.

“I swore to myself that I will really find out who is the culprit.” Said Jong-Kook.

Dong-Hoon rolled his eyes again. “Ya! Didn’t you hear me?” He started to get annoyed.

However, Jong-Kook didn’t seem to bother him. “Do you know why my mother was the only one who smelled the chemical scents on the car that day?”

Dong-Hoon shut his mouth when he heard Jong-Kook’s serious and stern tone. “W..what?”

“Because she was pregnant and that’s why she was extra sensitive to scents because the pregnancy was still in the early stage.” Jong-Kook replied.

Dong-Hoon couldn’t even find any word to reply anymore. He clearly understands why this accident hurts him very deep and the scar couldn’t even heal up until now. The accident does not only kill both of his parents but also his unborn sibling.

**

 

She has been alive for more than a quarter century and in her life too, she’s taught to always get whatever she wants no matter how. Park Han Byul sighed sharply when she noticed that the chances of her getting Kim Jong Kook back is very low as she started to see how devoted that man is towards his wife, Song Ji Hyo. His feelings changed and it no longer beats for her. However, it feels like she couldn’t give up now. She was walking towards the living room where she could hear Ji-Hyo was talking on the phone. She was so immersed to the conversation as if she’s talking to a very close friend.

“After passing the traffic light, you will see a bakery. You will need to turn left and go through it until you reach the end. When you reach the end, you turn right and you can see my house right away.”

Han-Byul started to feel uneasy. Is she directing someone to come here? She started to become curious and continued to eavesdrop.

“Yes, In-Sung ah. The one with black colored gate. I will tell the security to open the gate for you. I will be waiting at the garden in front.”

Garden? She couldn’t be more curious that she quickly hides when Ji-Hyo walked towards the door. As Ji-Hyo vanished through the door, she followed her secretly and she smirked when she saw a good looking young man was walking towards the bench in the garden.

On the other side, Ji-Hyo walked excitedly towards the garden when she sees In-Sung was walking towards the same direction and her. She gave a casual hug to him and a genuine smile.

“Take a seat, In-Sung ah.” She said. Ever since the hospital incident, they grew closer than ever that they even started to address each other informally.

In-Sung took a seat casually beside Ji-Hyo and placed a box that he brought with him on the side. “You have a nice house.” He said and his eyes wandered around the huge garden.

Ji-Hyo giggled a little because she totally agrees to In-Sung. “Where is Jae-Hyunie?”

“My mother. What about you? Where is your possessive husband?” He joked.

“He got some work stuff to do.” She replied.

In-Sung took the box and handed it to Ji-Hyo. “Here are the herbs and spices you wanted. It came all the way from Italy.”

Ji-Hyo smiled and received that package happily. “Thank you, In-Sung ah. I do not expect a direct delivery. Jong-Kook oppa loves Italian dishes. It will make it taste more authentic.”

In-Sung replied that smile. He runs a food manufacturing company and getting her the Italian spices are not that hard. In that moment, his eyes caught the figure of a lady walking out from the house and it makes him feel uneasy. Why is there another woman in the house? Moreover, that lady looked young.

“Ji-Hyo ya, does Kim Jong Kook has a sister?” He asked because from the way she dresses, she does not look like a maid.

Ji-Hyo shook her head. “No. Why?”

Looking puzzled, he asked again. “I think I saw a young lady. Is she Kim Jong Kook’s staff?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter