Thinking Out Loud

The Billionaire's Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a cold night and she could feel the harsh wind is striking horribly as she could hear the window is shaking a little. She sighed sharply as she knew that the thunderstorm is going to come any time soon. Ji-Hyo put all of her attention on the book while stuffing both of her ears with earbuds. The volume is full so that she couldn’t hear any sound of the lightning. However, something bothers her mind that the person she’s waiting for is not yet home. Her heart started to feel uneasy when she saw the drops of rain from the window.

“Just where is he.” She mumbled on her own.

She glanced at the clock and it shows 10. Is he still working this late at night? She has been missing him so much that she has not seen him for 3 days already due to his frequent travel to China and today is the fourth day. She reached her phone and another sigh escaped through her lips when she couldn’t see any new notification. She decided to just put the attention back to her book.

However, a smile was finally engraved when she heard the presence of a person. She removed her earbuds and put aside her book immediately. She walked towards Jong-Kook and that smile faded when she could see that his hair and his clothes are very messy. Moreover, she could smell the alcohol scent is lingering through his body and she started to frown. It’s a very clear sign that he was not from the office.

“Oppa, where have you been?” She asked gently.

Jong-Kook felt like the world has stopped spinning once he sees his wife. The twist of fate is seriously driving him crazy that he does not have any energy to whine about it now. He didn’t bother to reply Ji-Hyo but to hug her instead. “I missed you, Ji-Hyo ya.” He whispered to her ear.

She does feel that his behavior is weird. He’s messy. His voice is husky and smells like alcohol. Although they were just married in less than a year, she knew that his husband does not really drink. She could sense that something bad might happen. “What is it? Were you having a hard time with your Chinese clients?” She sounded worried.

Jong-Kook let go of his hug and shook his head weakly because it’s something worse than that. “I’m very tired.”

Ji-Hyo doesn’t feel like questioning anything more but to lead him to sit on the couch. “Take a seat and calm yourself. I will prepare a warm bath for you.” She said before making her way to the bathroom.

Jong-Kook uttered a weak smile upon looking at how much Ji-Hyo cared for him. How is the right way for him to reply everything she did for him? Telling her that Han-Byul came back to him with a daughter? Oh no, he’s too afraid if she will break apart. Could she really understand his point of view if he really tells her the truth? It’s just way too complicated for him that he really wanted to forget everything for tonight.

When he was still busy with his own thoughts, Ji-Hyo came back to him. “It’s done and I have lighted up your favorite lavender scented candle.”

Jong-Kook stood up and took a glance at her. “Thank you, Ji-Hyo ya.” He said before finally going to the bathroom.

Ji-Hyo still feel very uneasy towards his behavior. It’s not about his business thing that made him looking so stressful. What is it then? It feels like it’s something very heavy and complicated for him that she doesn’t even dare to ask. It’s not that she’s not curious but she just doesn’t want to add more pressure to him.

When Jong-Kook came back from his bath, she quickly approached him and grabbed the towel from his hand. “Take a seat, let me do it for you instead.” She offered and asked him to just sit on the chair.

Jong-Kook couldn’t be more grateful towards her as she didn’t even ask a single thing about him being so messy earlier. He knew that it’s not that she’s not interested but it’s just that she doesn’t want to ruin the moment. “I wonder what kind of magic you have in your hand. My head throbs so bad earlier and it feels so much better after your touch.” Said Jong-Kook with his eyes closed as he could feel that her hands are massaging his scalp gently.

Ji-Hyo chuckled softly. “Did you go to sleep right after you wash your hair yesterday?” She asked.

Jong-Kook nodded a little. “I should have brought you with me so that I won’t go to sleep with my wet hair.”

She sighed when she heard what he said just now. “Ya, didn’t I told you to always dry your hair first before going to sleep? No wonder your head throbs badly.” She replied with an irritated tone.

Jong-Kook felt delighted upon hearing her worries towards him. “The meetings drained all of my energy and I hate using the hair dryer as it’s so time consuming.”

Ji-Hyo didn’t reply but to focus on the hair drying process. She brushed his hair gently and put the hair dryer aside when his hair is completely dry.

“Ji-Hyo ya, it was a heavy rain. Aren’t you scared?” Jong-Kook asked as he could hear the sound of the rain pouring loudly.

Ji-Hyo shook her head. “You are here. Why would I be scared?” She smiled.

However, for a second, he feels like that smile is so scary and it sends shiver down to his spine. She is indeed a very kind-hearted person. He is very aware that he has hurt her continuous time since the beginning of their marriage. Is he so selfish that he’s going to hurt her again anytime in the future? Just what sin did she commit to meet a complicated jerk like him?

He pulled her towards his chest as his hands are caging her body tightly. “Ji-Hyo ya, do you know that I love you?” He whispered.

Ji-Hyo felt a little confused for a while. Why is he saying something like this suddenly? As much as her feelings are not comfortable, she managed to smile. “I do.” She replied shortly.

Jong-Kook drowned his face on the crook of her neck as he tried his best to inhale her scent in order to keep him aware that the one who really has the right of his heart is his wife. It’s not that he wavered his love for her but it’s just that he’s afraid to lose her trust once she found out about the truth.

“Do you promise that you will never leave me?” He asked again and fear is so visible from his tone and his gaze.

Ji-Hyo looked at her husband weirdly as her brows furrowed. “Why would I leave you?”

“Please just promise.” Jong-Kook begged and he sounded frustrated.

Ji-Hyo slowly reached his hand and squeeze it gently. “Ya, Kim Jong Kook. Don’t you trust me?”

Jong-Kook looked at her uneasy with her sudden question. “What do you mean? Of course I trust you.” He replied confidently. It’s not her that he doesn’t trust. It’s himself.

“I will never leave you with one condition.” She replied as she looked at him with a very meaningful gaze.

“Condition?” He was puzzled.

Ji-Hyo let out a weak smile to him. “My only condition is to stay faithful. I don’t need any of the expensive gifts, cars, jewelry or money. I only need you to stay faithful to me. I do not tolerate betrayal because you know it better than me how does it feel to be betrayed by someone you love.”

Faithful? To be a loyal husband? He could be one if only they met on a different circumstance, things might not be so complicated like this. “I have only known bitter things about loving, but I’m tasting the sweetness of love because of you.” Said Jong-Kook as he leaned forward to give a kiss on her cheek. “You are one in a million.” He continued as he gave a peck of light kiss on her lips.

Ji-Hyo’s face blushed into crimson red upon his sudden kiss. Just how many times did they kiss already? The feeling and the spark still stay the same every time they did it. Love is surely a very dangerous thing.

“Didn’t you say that you are tired?” She asked.

Jong-Kook gave her a light nod. “Very tired indeed.” He replied as the tired he really mean is not his body but his head and heart. He’s too tired of thinking of the fear of losing and betraying her. He’s too exhausted to think of how is the right way to tell her the freaking truth.

“Then let’s sleep. You still need to go to work tomorrow.” Said Ji-Hyo as she began to climb to the bed along with Jong-Kook.

As soon as he landed his head on the pillow, it feels like he can’t just simply doze himself to sleep as he titled his head to look at her.

“You really like seeing my face that much?” She joked when she could feel that his eyes are gluing at her.

He couldn’t help but to giggle softly. Just how did this girl successfully make become who he is today? “Very much.” He replied and his palm is brushing her hair gently.

“If you’re not going to sleep, then sing me a song.” She said with her eyes closed. She has been so sleepy that she forced herself to wait for him.

“What did you say?” He asked just in case if he heard her wrongly.

“Sing me a lullaby.” Said Ji-Hyo and her eyes are still closed.

Jong-Kook was dumbfounded for a while. A lullaby?

“Why? You don’t want to?” She asked again as she sounded disappointed.

Jong-Kook couldn’t be more amused by her sudden ridiculous request. He has never sing. Moreover, singing a lullaby? This girl must have a very special place in his heart than he is willing to do so.

“Don’t laugh if my voice is not good.”

“Just sing before I fell sleep.”

He cleared his throat before he took a very deep breath as he is thinking for a song that might be a little suitable for lullaby.

“When your legs don’t work like they used to before and I can’t sweep you off of your feet. Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love? Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks? And darling I’ll be loving you till you’re 70. And baby my heart could still fall as hard at 23. I’m thinking ‘bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways. Maybe just a touch of a hand. Oh me I fall in love with you every single day and I just wanna tell you I am.”

His sweet voice feels like melting along with the melodies that it dozed her off to sleep right so. His voice is nowhere near terrible that he felt so relieved when he could see that she’s sleeping already as he finished the song. As usual, he will pull the comforter to cover her till her upper chest and landed a soft kiss on her forehead.

“Goodnight, yeobo.” He said before he dozed himself off to sleep as well.

**

 

Several days later

Ha Dong Hoon shivered in horror when he witnessed how furious his friend is after he finished in reading a piece of damn report paper. He doesn’t even know how to calm himself down upon knowing the content of the paper. It’s way too shocking that he feels like he doesn’t want to believe it too but everything is written down on that paper clearly.

Combined Paternity Index: 533,475

Probability of Paternity: 99.9998%

“Damn it.” Jong-Kook shouted furiously as he unleashed himself by punching the wall real hard. He has been doing it repeatedly that his fingers are starting to bleed.

Dong-Hoon quickly approach him to stop him or else he will break his hand any time sooner. “Hyung, stop! Unleasing your anger this way will not help in solving your problem.” Said Dong-Hoon helplessly.

Jong-Kook pulled his hair frustrated as the image of Ji-Hyo kept on appearing in his head as soon as he read the conclusion of the letter. It feels like he's thinking out loud now. “How am I going to tell Ji-Hyo about this? I will hurt her again, isn’t it?” His hand ached but his heart ached even more.

Dong-Hoon sighed as he pat Jong-Kook’s shoulder. “Ji-Hyo is a kind woman. I think she will understand if you tell her everything honestly. Just don’t keep this behind her back, hyung.”

Everything feels so wrong that Jong-Kook feels like he just wanted to jump right off the cliff right now. He has been massaging his temple non-stop that it throbs so badly. “Then how do you think she supposed to act? What kind of woman that’s willing to accept his husband’s daughter with other woman? This is not fairytale, Dong-Hoon ah.”

As much as he’s frustrated, Dong-Hoon does feel the same way. When he came to Jong-Kook’s office earlier, he could sense that nothing goes right as he could see his desk is wrecked already. “I know but you can’t keep this from her. She hates liar and you know how stubborn your wife is that you better don’t challenge her patient.”

Jong-Kook inhaled another deep breath to calm himself down. From his head down to his toes, it feels like everything is not right and his heart has been pounding rapidly that it feels like it’s going to drop down to the floor as soon as he read the paternity result. As much as he doesn’t want to believe that she had his daughter, the result is a legit evidence that Kim Yoo-Ra is really his daughter.

“Let’s go see Han-Byul now. You have not seen her since the day you had the DNA test. I know that you feel like you do not want to see her but she’s still the mother of your daughter.” Said Dong-Hoon and he just sounded as frustrated as Jong-Kook.

Jong-Kook didn’t feel like replying him but to go straight towards the door. Dong-Hoon is right that he really need to see Han-Byul now. He felt like he really wanted to burn that Han-Byul alive when he went to the daycare where she left their daughter.

**

2 days ago, KS Daycare Centre, Seoul.

“Annyeonghaseyo, how can I help you?” A young lady greeted with a friendly smile and gesture.

Jong-Kook smiled awkwardly as he’s thinking what should he ask. He is not even sure that Han-Byul’s daughter is really his daughter because the result will be out in a few days. However, he feels like he’s not patient enough that he wanted to dig more without her knowing it.

“Is there a kid named Yoo-Ra here? The daughter of Ms. Park Han Byul.” He asked carefully.

The young lady gave him a weird stare right so. “Perhaps are you her father?” Her friendly expression changed into an irritated one as if he did something sinful.

Jong-Kook frowned upon the changes in the young lady’s expression. He’s not sure how he should react. As he’s not sure that Yoo-Ra is really his daughter, he chose to shook his head. “I’m not. I only happen to know her mother.” He replied.

The young lady sighed just then. “I wonder why would an innocent to have such terrible parents.” She mumbled softly on her own.

However, Jong-Kook was quite sensitive that he heard it so. “Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter