Confession

The Billionaire's Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ha Dong Hoon was cooking a pack of ramen and humming cheerfully as he poured in the seasonings. As soon as he placed the pot on the dining table, the sound of the bell rang continuously and made him stopped his activity for a while. It’s 10 PM and who the hell come to somebody’s house this late? The bell was being pressed continuously. Why couldn’t this person be a little patient?

“Hyung?” Dong-Hoon couldn’t be more surprised when the person standing in front of his door is Jong-Kook.

“Why does it took so long for you to open the door?” Said Jong-Kook and he sounded irritated. He didn’t wait until Dong-Hoon say anything but to barged into his house directly.

Jong-Kook sat on the couch casually and removed his suit impatiently. He smelled the MSG scent that comes from the instant noodle that Dong-Hoon just cooked. His stomach growled just then and made him approached the dining table. “Glad that you cook something.” He said and began taking the spoon to sip the soup.

Dong-Hoon rolled his eyes disbelieve. Is this really Kim Jong Kook? This guy definitely eats instant noodle like once a year and now he’s eating it casually. Something is definitely not right. “Hyung!” He approached the dining table as he sat across Jong-Kook.

“Hyung, you are so messy. Just what happened?” Dong-Hoon asked again. He has known Jong-Kook for so many years and has witnessed how he went through the hardest time in his life. Kim Jong Kook will not suddenly come to his house and eat instant noodle casually if he’s on his right mind.

Jong-Kook sighed after he swallowed the noodle. “It’s a long story. The conclusion is that my wife is running away.” He said and continued to eat the noodle.

Dong-Hoon looked at him disbelieve. “Runaway? What did you do to her?”

Jong-Kook felt the uneasy feeling is clouding inside his heart when he remembered their argument. How long has she been running away from him? One day? Two day? It’s one week to be exact. It has been one week since the last time he saw Ji-Hyo and he couldn’t be more guiltier when she doesn’t even want to pick up any of his phone call.

“She went out to see Park Si Hoo. I was so upset at her that we were shouting at each other. She got upset too and she’s definitely avoiding all of my phone call.” Told Jong-Kook.

Dong-Hoon chuckled loudly just then. “So, you’re acting like a jealous husband now?”

Jong-Kook was stunned for a while. Is this a jealousy feeling? “I don’t know, Dong-Hoon ah but I feel so uncomfortable each time I see her with other guy. She is my wife and I think it’s normal that I do not want her to get close to other guy.”

Dong-Hoon really find it so amusing as he realized it that Jong-Kook has fall for her. The marriage might a play that he set but he has started to fall on his own trap. “Hyung, I thought you are smart but turn out you are very stupid when it comes to woman and love.” Said Dong-Hoon and he received a dead glare from Jong-Kook.

“Do you wish to die?”

“You are very angry when you saw her with other guy and you want to control her so badly that makes you look like a very possessive husband.” Said Dong-Hoon as he grinned at Jong-Kook. “Hyung, you might not admit it but I think your heart could not lie that you actually started to fall for her.” Dong-Hoon added.

Jong-Kook was speechless again. Is he acting like a possessive husband now? “So, what do you think I should do? Could someone knock some sense on her head so that she will come home?” He said in frustration.

 Dong-Hoon sighed as he knew that his best friend is a very stubborn person with high ego. “Hyung, do you want to lose someone you love for twice?” He asked seriously to Jong-Kook.

Jong-Kook shook his head lightly. “What are you trying to say?”

“Don’t let Ji-Hyo be the second Han-Byul. If you really love her, then fight for her. It’s better to lose your ego than losing her.” Said Dong-Hoon.

As much as he wanted her to come home, he really doesn’t have idea how. “How do you think I should approach her? She doesn’t even pick up any of my phone call that it drives me crazy.”

“Why do you sound like this is the first time you had a girlfriend? You better go find her, explain to her everything about your feelings and plead for her forgiveness. Send her something. Be teddy bear, chocolate or flowers. Girls like that a lot.” Dong-Hoon advised.

Jong-Kook felt like he really wanted to kick Dong-Hoon right now. All of his advises are so ridiculous that it makes him feel disgusted. “Ya! Teddy bear and chocolate? Do you think I’m sort of a high school student who is chasing for his first love?” He yelled disbelieve.

Dong-Hoon started to get annoyed by Jong-Kook’s temper. No wonder his wife ran away from him. “Sacrifice for her or lose her. You choose.” Said Dong-Hoon shortly.

Jong-Kook sighed sharply as he feels that it’s so complicated. Love has always been so complicated that he shouldn’t have fall in love again. Song Ji Hyo has successfully drives him crazy to make him fall again and it’s so stressing. “Are you sure it’s going to work?” He asked hoarsely.

Dong-Hoon nodded lightly. “Girls love small but yet meaningful action.”

“But Song Ji Hyo is not a regular girl. She could be so lovely in one second and turned into a stone-headed girl in the next second. All of the designer goods and jewelries could not even make her happy and do you think cheesy stuff like teddy bear and flowers will work? It’s ridiculous!” Said Jong-Kook angrily.

Dong-Hoon widened his eyes and focused on Jong-Kook as he heard him saying that she’s lovely. “I wonder what did Song Ji Hyo do that she could tame a stubborn person like you? Just how lovely is she?” Dong-Hoon asked curiously.

Jong-Kook stayed silent for a while and cursed himself inside his heart. How could he just blabber about his wife being so lovely? This is insane.

Dong-Hoon still feels so amused as he giggled a little. He tapped Jong-Kook’s shoulder and grinned teasingly to him. “I’m very sure that you have start liking her, hyung but be aware that the initial plan of your marriage is not about love but revenge. If you love her then fight for her but if you are still very mad with incident 20 years ago, then continue your revenge plan. Choose one or you will lose all of it.”  Dong-Hoon reminded.

Jong-Kook was startled upon hearing the same words for twice. What Dong-Hoon said just now was exactly the same with what Jae-Seok said last week. How could he choose one? He will never can. It was his fault that he couldn’t guard his heart from falling in love and it was his fault as well for keeping his ego. As much as he wanted to only choose one, he won’t. He realized it so much that he wanted Song Ji Hyo and to own all of her.

**

JK Holdings Headquarter Office

“I’ll give you 3 days to revise your work. You better come back with a better result or you will lose your job.”

Jong-Kook glared murderously at one of his staff who happen to submit his work about their upcoming project. His mood has been so bad lately that he couldn’t count how many people he has been angry to in the past few days. He didn’t even hesitate to shout at his staff just because of a small mistake. The reason for all of his anger? Simple. It’s because his wife hasn’t come back from running away. He has been so upset that after following Dong-Hoon’s suggestion, she still doesn’t want to pick up any of his calls. He feels like he’s about to punch Dong-Hoon that his wife has been away from him for 2 weeks already and it drives him crazy. After the staff went out from his office, he reached his phone and dialed Dong-Hoon’s number right away.

“Dong-Hoon ah. All I do is following all of your ridiculous suggestion. I have been sending that damn flowers every single day for a week to her workplace but she doesn’t even give any feedback. Are you trying to fool me?” He sounded irritated and Jong-Kook could hear Dong-Hoon’s chuckle.

“You are so impatient. You do know that your wife is not a regular woman and yet all you do is just sending gifts to her? Should I knock some senses to your head, hyung?”

“Ya! Ha Dong Hoon. Don’t play dumb with me.”

“Hyung, I told you enough to fight for her. She’s your wife and it’s your duty to know how to get her back.”

“It’s so stressful. I have never been in such situation that it drives me crazy. This cheesy stuff is definitely not my style.”

“Hyung. I have known you for 20 years and this is the first time that I feel so amused with you. Song Ji Hyo is definitely an interesting girl. I really wish to see her now.”

“Do you wish to die? I’m hanging up the phone. Talking to you does not solve my problem that I’m wasting my time.”

Jong-Kook pressed the red button and exhaled sharply. It feels like he really wanted to throw everything that’s in front of him that everything inside his head is not right. He has never feel this desperate before. It feels like he really need to drown himself into all of his work so that it will at least distract him for a while. As much as he wanted to keep concentrating, his eyes kept on glancing to his phone screen to see if there is any new notification. He missed her text telling him not to skip his meal or not to overwork himself. It feels like some part of him is missing when she ran away. Should he start finding her instead of just waiting? Oh maybe he should have done that since the first day she ran away. Stupid, Kim Jong Kook.

As the clock 5 PM, he slammed his notebook screen and started to tidy up his desk. He has a mission to do today and it’s finding Ji-Hyo mission. He swore to himself that no matter what happened, he should bring his wife home.

As Jong-Kook walked through the elevator and went through the parking lot, a lot of eyes are focusing at him as it’s a rare scene to see their boss to go home this early. All of them knows that Kim Jong Kook is always the last person to go home. He started the engine and began driving his car. There is only one destination that he could think of about her whereabouts. She must be going to her parents’ house. He’s sure of that. Before he goes to Ji-Hyo’s parents’ house, he made sure to bought some gifts to the elders firstly. It will be too rude to come with nothing as Jong-Kook has never came to her parents’ house since their wedding. Once he reached her parents’ house, he pressed the bell and waited patiently for the door to open. Just right so, the door opened and he could see a woman in her 50s looking at him confusedly.

Jong-Kook bowed and gave his best smile. “Annyeonghaseyo, eomeonim.” He greeted.

Kim Mi Kyung couldn’t be more confuse with Jong-Kook’s presence as she really doesn’t have any idea why. “Oh, Jong-Kook ah. Come in.” She replied in a friendly tone.

Jong-Kook just followed Kim Mi Kyung from behind obediently. “Take a seat, Jong-Kook ah.” Said Kim Mi Kyung.

Jong-Kook smiled awkward and took a seat on the couch as he placed a bag of the supplement that he bought earlier. “Eomeonim, please forgive me for not visiting you and abeonim since our wedding. The supplement is said to be effective for knees, I hope you will like it.” Said Jong-Kook politely.

Kim Mi Kyung sat on the couch beside Jong-Kook. It’s kind of strange to see Jong-Kook came alone. “Thank you but why do you come alone, Jong-Kook ah? Where is Ji-Hyo?”

Damn, he was stunned. “Isn’t Ji-Hyo here?” He asked back confusedly.

Kim Mi Kyung’s eyes narrowed as she could sense that something is not right. She shook her head lightly. “Ji-Hyo hasn’t come here for several days already.” She replied calmly.

Jong-Kook bit his lips. How is he going to explain the whole situation to her mother?

Kim Mi Kyung studied Jong-Kook’s expression and she is sure that something happened between them. “Did both of you fight?”

Jong-Kook couldn’t help but to nod lightly. “It was my fault that she ran away.” He admitted.

Kim Mi Kyung was very shocked. “Runaway? Do you mean she didn’t come home? How long as it been, Jong-Kook ah?” She began to feel anxious.

Jong-Kook was extremely guilty that he’s thinking of how should he tell her mother. “There was a misunderstanding between us and it was my fault. Please forgive me, eomeonim.” He pleaded again.

Kim Mi Kyung let out a soft sigh. “Silly girl.” She mumbled.

Jong-Kook thought that his mother in law is going to hit him or curse him but he’s wrong. “Eomeonim, aren’t you mad at me?” He asked confusedly.

Kim Mi Kyung chuckled a little. “A wife shouldn’t have run away just because of a fight with her husband but I think you do really hurt her badly until she did so.”

Jong-Kook smiled sadly. She’s right. “It has been 2 weeks and I thought she came here. I admit it that I was too blinded by my ego.”

“So, what are you planning to do now?” Asked Kim Mi Kyung.

“No matter what happen, I will find her. Although she will hate me after this, I will,” Before Jong-Kook finished her words, Kim Mi Kyung spoke again.

“She won’t.” She cut him.

Jong-Kook looked at Kim Mi Kyung in confuse. “Yes?” He asked again to make sure if he’s not hearing something wrong.

Kim Mi Kyung smiled genuinely at Jong-Kook. “How could she hate you when she’s just capable to love you?”

“What do you mean, eomeonim?” He was puzzled.

“I heard you moved to somewhere far when you were sixteen.” Said Kim Mi Kyung suddenly.

Jong-Kook nodded his head lightly. It’s a public secret already that he used to live in France before coming back to Korea. Just what is she trying to say?

“I heard you can play piano very well.” Kim Mi Kyung added again.

Jong-Kook become more confuse now. Did Ji-Hyo tell her mother about him? “Y..Yes.” He stuttered.

Kim Mi Kyung took Jong-Kook’s hand and squeeze it gently. “Jong-Kook ah. It’s about my silly daughter, she is so fragile that I hope you could take care and protect her with all your heart.”

“Of course, I will eomeonim. I will make sure to make her forgive me.” Said Jong-Kook confidently.

Kim Mi Kyung smiled in relieve. “She will and it’s because you are the man that she has been waiting all this while.”

“What?” Jong-Kook was very dumbfounded. Just what is it all about?

“My daughter told me that you played a beautiful song for her and it’s about the moonlight.” Kim Mi Kyung replied.

Jong-Kook smiled lightly. So, Ji-Hyo really told her mother about the night when his heart was so clouded just because of the dai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter