Prejudice

The Billionaire's Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 years ago, Seoul, South Korea

Kim Jong Kook smiled when he looked at his own reflection in the mirror. The day that he has been waiting for will come very soon and he just has to wait for one night in order to change the girlfriend title into wife. Words couldn’t describe how happy he is. It’s just that he couldn’t stop smiling. He looked at the watch and it shows 11. It’s quite late but it’s just that he couldn’t sleep due to the excitement feeling although he ought to get up early tomorrow. He decided to took his phone and call the love of his life, the one who will be his wife soon, Park Han Byul.

He furrowed his brows when Han-Byul didn’t pick up his call but he won’t just surrender like that. He dialed the number again and his lips curled up when she picked it up.

“Yes, oppa?” She answered.

“What are you up to? You didn’t answer my call earlier.”

There was a brief of silence before she answered him again.

“I was tired and I was about to sleep.”

Jong-Kook’s smile faded a little when he heard that her voice is very weak as if something hurts her which made him a little worried.

“You don’t sound good. Are you okay?”

Jong-Kook could hear her sharp breathing and somehow, it feels strange for him. Tomorrow will be their wedding day but why it seems like it’s only him that feel excited?

“I’m okay oppa. Just a little nervous.”

“Really? Why would you be nervous? It will be a very happy day.”

“Of course. I can’t wait to see you tomorrow, oppa.”

That one sentence made him smile like a retarded boy because he couldn’t wait to see her as well.

“Me too. We have gone through a lot of things that I couldn’t even believe that we’re getting married tomorrow. I couldn’t wait to start a new journey with you, Byul ah. You are my star.”

In the next second, Jong-Kook could hear the sound of something shattered and it successfully make him squeal in panic.

“Han-Byul ah, what happened? Are you okay?” Jong-Kook asked again.

“It’s just my clumsiness. I’m okay, oppa.”

“Do you want me to go to your house now?”

“Are you crazy? Appa is home and he will kill you straight away if he sees you. Moreover, groom and bride shouldn’t be seeing each other before the ceremony?”

Jong-Kook chuckled. Although they are getting married tomorrow, her father still does not like him.

“Oh, c’mon. It’s just a superstitious and stop making me worry about you.”

“I get it. I’m hanging up now, oppa. I need to wake up extra early to get my hair and make-up done.”

“Okay. Good night. I’ll see you tomorrow, byul ah. I love you.”

“Good night, oppa.”

The conversation stops there and it sends another uncomfortable feeling when Han-Byul didn’t even reply his i-love-you. As much as he felt uneasy, he tried his best to be positive. He has been dating Han-Byul for a year before they decided to get married. A year might be quite quick for some people but he is not the type of person who took relationships for granted and He really does not want to ruin his mood in his big day. He decided to go to bed as well.

The next day..

Kim Jong Kook started to feel anxious and he kept on looking on his watch. Beads of sweats started to form on his forehead when he could feel the whole church started to turn into a fuss when the bride is yet to arrive. He glanced at his best friend who is as panic as he is in the guests’ seat. Ha Dong Hoon was looking so helpless as well. Dong-Hoon made his way up to the stage, trying his best to calm Jong-Kook.

“Dong-Hoon ah, is something wrong? She should be here 30 minutes ago.” Said Jong-Kook when Dong-Hoon approached him.

“Calm down, hyung. Everything will be okay, trust me.”

Jong-Kook sighed again. Thankfully he didn’t invite a lot of people, only close friends and some business partners. However, the fact that they couldn’t start the ceremony started to make him feel panic and anxious. He tried his best to calm himself down and keep his mind positive but it seems like the worst scenario is going to happen now. Their schedule for the ceremony supposed to be an hour ago and Park Han Byul is yet to be seen on the aisle.

“Kim Jong Kook-Ssi, is everything alright? I have to attend another couple’s holy matrimony in the next 30 minutes.” Said the priest.

“Please give me some time.” Said Jong-Kook helplessly.

Jong-Kook widened his eyes when he sees Dong-Hoon was running through the aisle like a hungry beast and approached him right away who is standing just in front of the altar. Jong-Kook could see from Dong-Hoon’s expression that something is definitely not right. Dong-Hoon panted heavily. He has to calm both him and Jong-Kook down.

“Hyung, Han-Byul is missing.” Said Dong-Hoon.

For a moment, Jong-Kook feels like his world is collapsing. Everything does not feel right that he wished that he heard Dong-Hoon wrongly.

“What did you say, Dong-Hoon ah?” He asked with a weak voice. His gaze went blank as he doesn’t even blink at all when he talked to Dong-Hoon.

Dong-Hoon bit his lips nervously. “She’s not in the make-up room and what’s left is her wedding dress.”

He was happy and felt like she is his dream come true but all of it ends in just a blink of eye. She left him without any notice and without saying goodbye. Hurts? Yes. It feels like dying. For that moment, she has successfully kill all of him. He felt weak, suffocated and breathless.

“Hyung, are you okay?” Dong-Hoon asked when Jong-Kook’s vision implies a horror gaze as if his soul has left his body.

“Dong-Hoon ah, punch me.” He asked.

“What? Are you crazy? No!” How on earth could he punch his own best friend? Moreover, in this kind of situation.

“I said just do so!” Jong-Kook shouted.

Dong-Hoon exhaled sharply. “Hyung, get back to your sense!” He shouted back.

It feels like anger has gone through his whole body and his blood is boiling inside as he grabbed Dong-Hoon’s collar and gave Dong-Hoon a sharp glare. “Make me get my senses back.” He said.

Dong-Hoon doesn’t have much choice but to lay a very hard punch on Jong-Kook’s face which make him bleed just so. Jong-Kook does feel the pain which is the sign that it’s not a dream. The downfall of his wedding where his fiancé left him is real. She ran way on their wedding day and leaving only the wedding dress behind. She left him just like that.

However, Kim Jong Kook is not someone who gives up easily on everything. Even up until the next week, he is still very angry about Park Han Byul’s who went missing right on their wedding day. His mood has been so bad the entire week that he couldn’t count how many employees have become the target of his anger since the wedding incident. It’s just that he doesn’t smile anymore and he doesn’t want to talk if it is not necessary. Just like a soulless person, he started to live like that. She should have tell him if there is anything bothering her about their marriage and not running away like that. He is angry, upset, disappointed and mad. He has money and power that he is definitely using all of it to search Park Han Byul. No matter what happened, he swore to himself that he is going to bring her back, dead or alive.

Day by day passed that his people still not have any information about Park Han Byul. It started to feel odd for him. It’s like everything has been prepared very well that he couldn’t even trace her. No record of her leaving the country and no record for her going to hospital or hotel. Things like this couldn’t be prepare in several hours. Although he doesn’t want to believe it, it seems like she has been thinking about it for quite some time for the runaway process to go smoothly like this.

As much as he’s broken, he tried to stay strong because some part of his heart still believed her. He doesn’t want to lie but he truly love her. However, in the next month, Park Han Byul has successfully kill all of him. His people managed to find her and he could see the pictures of her with a man that he barely knows.

“Are you sure it’s her?” Jong-Kook glared to 3 guys in front of him.

Yang Se Chan nodded his head. “Yes, sajangnim. We found her living in a small flat unit in Daegu. We tried to gain as much information from people around her surroundings and they said that she might be living in the same roof with this guy.”

Jong-Kook fingers are balled into a tight fist. His heart clenched and his eyes are burned down in flames when he stared at the pictures in front of him. His thoughts and feelings are in such a big mess. He has been thinking about so many things and yet couldn’t get any of the thoughts straight. He doesn’t even know how to describe it nor knowing any words that are right to say as if he’s trying to describe colors to a blind person. He’s clueless and dumbfounded.

Yang-Se Chan cleared his throat again as if he’s telling his boss another piece of information.

“Something is fishy, sajangnim.” He added.

“What is it?” Asked Jong-Kook without looking at him. His eyes are glued to the pictures.

“We saw Park Cheol Gwang’s people around the church that morning.”

Jong-Kook eyes narrowed straight away upon hearing that name. “He is supposed to walk on the aisle with his daughter!”

Se-Chan couldn’t help but to scratch his not itchy neck, trying to find the right words to say to Jong-Kook.

“He was the one who helped Han-Byul agasshi in running away.” Se-Chan said as he took another deep breath. “I don’t know why but I think sajangnim should know that Han-Byul agasshi actually went back to her home that day.” He added.

“She went back to her home?” Jong-Kook asked disbelieve. Just what game is Park Han Byul trying to play with him?

Yang Se Chan and his people held their head low, not daring to look at Jong-Kook’s angry eyes. It’s way too scary as if it’s going to slash people alive.

“Prepare the car. I’ll go see Park Cheol Gwang.” Said Jong-Kook as he grabbed his suit and tidying his tie.

Se-Chan was speechless for a while. “Yes?” He thought he heard his boss wrongly.

“Don’t make me repeat my word twice. I said I’ll go see Park Cheol Gwang now.” Jong-Kook replied with a stern tone.

“Will be ready right away, sajangnim.” Said Yang Se Chan and he quickly tell his people to do as how Jong-Kook requested.

Jong-Kook didn’t reply him again and started to walk to the door impatiently. His jaw has been clenching tightly because he is very angry and upset. He freaking trusted her and loved her with every inch of his heart thoroughly. Whatever she wanted, he tried his best to get it for her. What matters is her happiness but what did he get? He is betrayed. It doesn’t bleed but it hurts. All he needs is an explanation.

As soon as he arrived at Park Cheol Gwang’s company, he walked with anger in every of his footstep to reach his office. He could sense that everyone is looking at him but he doesn’t care. He doesn’t even care how many times Park Cheol Gwang’s secretary stopped him from barging in but he doesn’t even budge. He is way too blinded by his wrath.

“Kim sajangnim, you cannot do this. I will have to call the security if you insisted to barge in like this.” The secretary said.

Jong-Kook gave another sharp glare. “Give your boss the notice now because if I barged in I believe it would not be lovely to watch.”

The secretary sighed and he started to feel helpless. He doesn’t have any choice but to get into his boss office to tell about Kim Jong Kook’s presence and Park Cheol Gwang’s secretary came back in less than 5 minutes, giving a sign to Jong-Kook to get in.

Without looking at the hopeless secretary anymore, he walked in to Park Cheol Gwang’s office without knocking the door firstly. He walked towards Park Cheol Gwang’s desk and his jaw clenched tightly when he sees how calm that old man is as if nothing really happened.

“Oh, such a pleasure to have JK Holdings’ CEO here.” Said Park Cheol Gwang with a smirk.

Jong-Kook rolled his eyes annoyed. “Spill the beans. Where is Han-Byul?” He asked.

Park Cheol Gwang let out a sarcastic laugh. “I wonder why would my daughter like you that she even wants to marry you.”

“I knew that you were the one behind this. Why? You knew it well that we loved each other!”

“How much do you think my daughter love you?” He sounded calm and asked without looking at Jong-Kook.

He was startled for a while. “What do you mean? I know that you don’t like me but I do really love her, Park Hwijangnim.” Said Jong-Kook and his gaze started to soften a little.

“If she really loves you, why would she runaway with another man?” Asked Park Cheol Gwang again.

He was puzzled, speechless and dumbfounded. He really does not want to believe that but when it came out from her father’s lips, it feels like it’s a truth and the fact the she left him for another guy is real.

“Why can’t you answer me, Kim Sajang? I don’t know if I should really tell you or not but my daughter was the one who call me for help that morning.”

“She called you?”

Park Cheol Gwang nodded. “She was crying and telling me that she doesn’t want that damn wedding anymore. How pathetic right? The wedding is cancelled in the last minute. I do not have much choice but to follow what my daughter wants. However, I do find it kind of embarrassing when I found out that she is running away with a guy. I wonder if I should still consider her as my daughter.”

That moment, Kim Jong Kook really does not have anything more to say. It’s more like he doesn’t know what to say. He thought she loves him too but he was wrong. He thought that he knows her and will be with her through thick and thin but everything turns out to be just a huge mistake and a horrible nightmare.

“Don’t you have anything to say, Kim sajang?” Park Cheol Gwang asked again along with another wide grin on his face when he sees Jong-Kook’s shocked expression. He stood up from his chair and walked towards Jong-Kook.

“Jong-Kook ah, things will not turn out like this if you chose to behave.” He added.

“What do you mean by behave?” Jong-Kook asked back through his gritted teeth.

Park Cheol Gwang threw a sharp gaze at Jong-Kook. “The business deal. If only you wanted to join me, I will do everything to marry my daughter to you. I will not oppose both of your relationship.”

Jong-Kook scoffed disbelieve. “Ya! Do you think your daughter is a bargain chip for you to earn money? Just because I’m rich?”

“No, no. Rich is not the main thing. I got to admit it that you are a smart businessman and I need that brain of yours to join my business.”

Just right then, Jong-Kook smirked at the old man. “Why would I get my hand on the dirty business of yours?”

The old man’s eyes widened disbelieve. “What did you say? What dirty business?” He tried to sound normal. He shouldn’t be angry now or else it will get suspicious.

Jong-Kook shrugged his shoulder, not wanting to tell him any single thing that he knows. “I will need to prepare my bullets.”

Park Cheol Gwang does started to feel intimidated as he grabbed Jong-Kook’s collar. “Tell me what do you know?” He shouted.

Jong-Kook used all of his strength to ease that old man’s hand from his shirt and looked at him with his dead glare. “Why would I told you? Do businessmen share their tactics and how they overcome their competitors? No right?”

“I guess I made the right choice in making my daughter to escape from the damn wedding. You said you loved my daughter and how dare you come to my place just to threaten me?!” The old man’s eyes are bloodshot red and he began raising his voice at Jong-Kook. He swore inside his heart that he will destroy this young man with all of his might.

“I do not regret it either.” Said Jong-Kook confidently as he looked straight into that old man’s eyes. “If she didn’t run away, I wouldn’t know that she is cheating behind my back. At least I know that she is just a poisonous snake.” He continued and walked out from that damn office.

Just like that, in a blink of eye, he feels like he lost everything

His heart stopped beating

And lost its temperature

It’s numb as if he couldn’t feel anymore

And it is dead

Since that day, he stopped looking for her and started to live as a heartless person, thinking that people will not hurt him if he shield himself from them. He has trust issue towards people because he was betrayed due to trusting a person way too much. Moreover, that name of her has started to become forbidden to be said in front of him. 

**

“Kim Jong Kook-Ssi, I think I should really tell you about how bad Park Han Byul-Ssi’s condition is.”

The doctor’s face turned green and he massaged his own temple several times when he looked at the pages of medical report.

Jong-Kook sighed. What is it again now? Why it seems like it’s a never ending problem?

“What is it, seonsaengnim?” Jong-Kook asked.

 “She attempted to kill herself again last night.”

“Again?”  

The doctor nodded. “As I told you, depression is not a disease that can be cured by only medication. It needs the support from people around her. She was screaming, crying and keep on saying that she wanted to see you.”

“Then what should we do?”

“We’ll try to give the best treatment and therapy. It will be better to keep her accompanied. I don’t know what kind of relationship both of you had with my patient but I think the best is to have Kim Jong Kook-Ssi around her.”

Jong-Kook came out from the doctor’s room, looking very helpless. He has a wife, a very good wife indeed that he loves but then life shows him another plot twist that there is another woman th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter