Forgotten Memories

The Billionaire's Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note; This is Park Si Hoo’s point of view.

Have you ever been into a circumstances when you just wished that you never exist in life? It feels like nothing ever went right and your life is just a piece of that you wished to just run away from it. You might never have been but I have. I was born in a wrecked household with everything has been complicated since I was born. A drunk and abusive father along with a temperamental mother. We were poor. My father knows nothing about earning money and all he did was just wasting the money on alcohols and gambling while my mother worked as a housemaid in Park Household.

Park household includes Park Cheol Gwang, an owner of a financial company. Han Ae Ja, the wife of Park Cheol Gwang and Park Han Byul, the only daughter of the pair. The Park family might look like a happy family for me at first before I realized that the happiness they showed to the media are just a bunch of lies. Their family is just as wrecked as mine. Pathetic, isn’t it?

The first time I stepped into the Park mansion, I feel small and I don’t dare to talk to anyone. Frankly, I was still just 8 years old. I was there to help my mother and she told me not to messed up with anything. However, a beautiful little girl approached me. Just as your guess, she is Han-Byul. I was quite startled when a rich girl is willing to make friends with me. Surprisingly, she is around my age, slightly 2 years younger.

Time flies and my mother couldn’t bear with my father anymore. They argued and our house looked like a shipwreck. My mother decided to leave my father behind. I have never really interested with their arguments because I was just a kid and I do not really understand what they were talking but on the last day where my mother decided to leave, their conversation successfully made me speechless.

“Do you think I don’t know all this while? You are cheating behind my back.” My father shouted loudly.

I do not dare to look at both of them but to just keep my ears open to hear their conversation. I could hear my mother’s sobs as their arguments become heated.

“What do you mean?” My mother shouted back.

“Just because I’m poor, you think I’m stupid? Si-Hoo is not my son!”

As soon as I heard what my father said, my legs jellied. I’m not my father’s son? I wished my mother denied that statement but I was wrong.

“I’m so sick of you. So what if Si-Hoo is not your biological son? Starting from now, you can do what you like and I don’t care anymore.”

“Who is the father?”

“It’s not of your consent!”

“I asked who is the father? Don’t tell me it’s that bastard!”

“He is not a bastard! He is the one who helped in paying all of your debts. How do you think you will live if he didn’t help us? Everything you do is just gambling and having fun with your night life. I’m so done with you.”

“Is that becomes an excuse for you to sleep with him?”

“Shut up! I’m leaving.”

The arguments continue but I was still startled. I was very surprised with the fact I just knew today. The abusive man that I called father for the past 10 years is not my biological father. Should be grateful that this abusive man is not my father? If he is not, then who is?

As soon as my mother left him, we moved to the Park Mansion, living in the small servant room located near the kitchen. I can tell that my life is slightly better after my mother left that man. Park Sajang helped my mother in sending me to school and we don’t have people who chase us for money anymore. I get to live a better life and Han-Byul helped me a lot during my stay in her house. I have always seen her as my own sister. I don’t know why but I feel very angry if I see someone disturb her. I realized that I wanted to protect her as an older brother.

However, the peace didn’t last long. I lived in that house for 2 years before Madam Han passed away. She committed suicide when she found out that her husband had an affair with other woman. I was surprised too and Han-Byul was very sad. Ever since that incident, truth started to leak and I eventually found out who is my biological father.

The man who helped my mother to pay our debts. The man who my mother worked for. The man who I acknowledge as Han-Byul’s father.

Yes, Park Cheol Gwang is my biological father and the woman who had an affair with him is my mother, a housemaid. Technically, my mother was the one who caused the death of Han-Byul’s mother. Guilty? More than that. I can never see Han-Byul the same way anymore. I feel guilty towards her because my existence hurts her mother. Both my mother and Park Cheol Gwang had another heated arguments and I started to feel sick of people around me. I started to feel angry with the world and why I have to be born. If my mother never gives birth to me, none of this mess will happen.

I don’t know if my mother really liked Park Cheol Gwang or she is just doing it for the sake of money because she left too. She ran away from Park Mansion, leaving me behind. Again, I was very angry and upset. Why would a mother leave her own child? Did I not deserve to be love? As soon as she left, Park Cheol Gwang kindly approached me, adopted me and changed my name from Choi Si Hoo to Park Si Hoo while I know the fact that he is actually my biological father and I am his illegitimate son. However, he is smart. He adopted me but he never includes me in his family register. I don’t care either. I’m not interested in him nor his wealth. All I care was just thinking how to get out from his house. I couldn’t bear living under the same roof forever with him because he has never treated me as his son but a servant instead.

As I grow older, I tried my best to study hard and get out from that mansion. I worked hard on my own and thankfully, luck was on my side that I found a job right after I graduated from University. After several years of working and earning money on my own, I finally have my own car and my own apartment. Happy? I don’t. I still think my life is ed up and I kept on thinking what is the reason for me to keep alive. I don’t have a family nor something I can protect. I was very hopeless.

I once thought that God started to be kind to me because when I feel like I’m reaching my breaking point, a girl walked into my life. You might recognize her. The heroine of this story, Song Ji Hyo. We met in Han River bridge. It was quite late and I was crazily gulping down a bottle of Soju while standing at the edge of the bridge. I was half-drunk but I was still conscious that I didn’t plan to do anything stupid like committing suicide. However, this girl thinks differently. She ran to me with a bunch of her friends and pulled me hardly.

“Ya! Get down. I might not know how complicated your problem is but committing suicide is not the answer for it. Dying will not solve your problems!” She shouted at me.

I get down and looked at her confusedly. “What are you talking about? Suicide? Do I look like someone who’s trying to commit suicide?” I asked back.

She realized that she was wrong and chuckled embarrassedly. “You were standing on the edge. Anyone seeing you will think that you are trying to commit suicide.”

 I laughed. For a moment, I find this girl amusing and interesting. Starting from that little incident, I started to get to know her better day by day and surprisingly we grew closer. She is beautiful and a kind girl although she has a quick temper. She has a good heart and I won’t deny that I fell in love with her. Ever since I met her, I started to feel that my life becomes more colorful. I found a reason to live and it’s her. She is the reason for me to keep going.

We dated for almost 2 years and I do love her sincerely. A secret that I kept from her is that I have never tell her anything about my family. I don’t want her to know the fact that her father and my biological father knew each other. I wanted to become myself. I don’t want to live under the shadow of Park Cheol Gwang anymore. Each time she asked me about my family, I will try my best to change the topic. I might not be wealthy but she accepts me wholeheartedly, telling me that money can be earned but happiness can’t. She doesn’t mind and that made me love her even more.

I was very confident about my relationship with her that I thought it might be the time for us to get married. I was thinking very hard on how to propose to her that I even bought a diamond ring already. I thought of a place and it’s the Namsan Tower. I asked her out for a date like our usual date. However, during that day, I feel like she’s a little weird. She is not chatty and stayed silent most of the time that I started to feel weird.

“What happened to you? Are you feeling unwell?” I asked worriedly.

She held her head low, not daring to look at my eyes. I almost freak out that she is crying now. Wait, what did I do wrong? We were fine just now.

“I’m breaking up with you.” She replied confidently as she looked at my eyes.

I was panic and it started to annoys me because I think that she’s joking.

“Don’t joke, Ji-Hyo ya. I bring you here as I want to propose to you. Your joke is irrelevant.” I said as I took out the red velvet box with a diamond ring I bought earlier.

I wished that all of these are just jokes but what she will be revealing made my heart dropped down to my stomach straight away.

“I’m getting married. Another guy has proposed to me already. The wedding will be last month.” She said.

I feel my world is collapsing. “You got to be kidding me! Who’s that guy?” I started to shout.

“You don’t need to know. He’s someone wealthy, he drives a luxury car, owns a huge business corporation, took me to luxurious restaurants, buy me diamonds and branded designer goods that you can never give to me. Please don’t contact me anymore as we’re done.” She added and she didn’t wait until I reply her. She ran away from my sight just like that.

I know her and it doesn’t sound like her. Why is she crying if this is what she wants? It was weird and I couldn’t hold myself to not find out what is actually happening. It was hard because she is really cutting the contact with me. She rejected my calls and didn’t reply any of my messages. However, months after that, I found out that she is actually marrying the country’s most wanted billionaire, Kim Jong Kook. The man who used to be my sister’s fiancé before she ran away and now he is marrying my ex. It feels like the world is very small, isn’t it?

Angry? I was mad but what can I do? Kim Jong Kook has all the power and money. What can I do? Until Park Cheol Gwang called me a night before the wedding.

“Destroy their wedding.” The old man said.

I rolled my eyes disbelieve. “Abeoji, what are you talking about? Is Kim Jong Kook really a joke to you?” I asked because Han-Byul ran away from her wedding with him last year and if Ji-Hyo ran away too, Kim Jong Kook will become a joke.

The old man chuckled instead. “Do you know how we survive in this cruel world?” He said.

I was not interested as I didn’t reply him.

“Before others step on you, you ought to step on them firstly and I’m going to do it now. Before Kim Jong Kook could destroy me, I will have to destroy him first. I know that Min-Hyuk’s daughter is your ex and I trust you to be able to destroy that wedding.”

I was stunned and startled. I don’t know what kind of guts I have but I did as what that old man said. I made a fuss and asked her if she wanted to run away from me. However, as soon as I saw Kim Jong Kook, my guts disappeared. He looked cold, ruthless and arrogant. I started to hesitate and Ji-Hyo doesn’t seem wanting to follow me as well. I could see how big the wedding is and thinking if she will live in happiness if she marries Kim Jong Kook.

I gave up the plan. I don’t care what will that old man do to me because I failed the mission. Although I don’t know what is her intention in marrying him but if marrying Kim Jong Kook makes her happy, I don’t mind. I love her and what matters is her happiness. If we are not meant to be, at least she will live in happines

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter