Counting Days

The Billionaire's Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10 weeks before the wedding

It was a busy day in the busy city as the crowd of people are going back and forth. The subway station is swarming and the same thing goes to the bus stop. Song Ji Hyo looked toward her watch and it shows 12 in the noon. She let out a soft sigh because she hates to jumble inside the crowd. She would rather spend a little more time in her campus rather than be in the crowd. She walked back and decided to just stay in the faculty lounge. She took out her iPod and her sketchbook. She doodles on her sketchbook while listening to the music to kill the time.

Art is not only something she likes but her passion. Art speaks where words are unable to explain. Moreover, art is not something you see but what you make others see. Drawing is one of her expertise. She is a senior year student of Korea National University of Arts and her major is Visual Arts. Although she is a talented student, it is just that she is hates attending classes especially in the morning. She might have passed the examinations with excellent scores but absenteeism in classes influenced her overall scores. This is the main reason why she hasn’t graduate yet.

Scratches by scratches were carved beautifully with her pencil on her sketchbook. She loves to doodle cartoon the most as she finds it so cute and adorable. After a quite some time, she looked at her watch again and an hour has passed.  She automatically packed her belongings into her backpack and went out from the faculty building. She walked towards the subway station before a man in a tailored suit suddenly stopped her.

“Song Ji Hyo-Ssi?”

Ji-Hyo turned around. She’s just as clueless as this man. She frowned and narrowed her eyes towards him. How could a stranger know her name?

“Are you Song Ji Hyo-Ssi?” He asked again. He looked at Ji-Hyo and a photo he holds on his hand alternately.

Ji-Hyo rolled her eyes in annoyance. “Are you stalking me?” She asked as she felt irritated when she saw him holding a picture of her.

The man bowed to her and Ji-Hyo was so puzzled. This man is ridiculous, she thought. She decided to just ignore it and tried to walk away. However, her footstep stopped when she heard a name that came out from the man’s lips.

“My boss ordered me to find you as he wants to meet you.”

Ji-Hyo narrowed her eyes at him. “Boss?” She doesn’t get it.

“Kim Sajangnim is waiting. He is a very punctual person and he will not be happy if you are late.” That man replied.

Ji-Hyo scoffed. The tension is getting real that she is so damn annoyed. Kim Sajangnim he means must be Kim Jong Kook. “I’m not going. He might be your boss not mine. He has no right to command me to do things he want.” She really tried her best to get out from that man’s sight but it seems like he really didn’t want to let her go.

That man tried to stop her by grabbing onto her arm when she walked away. Ji-Hyo was quick enough to dodge from him and freed her arm. “Don’t touch me.” She raised her voice and glared at him.

“Agasshi, please. Help me.” He pleaded. He knew it well what consequences he might get if he failed in accomplishing the task that his boss gave. “Kim Sajangnim will kill me if I couldn’t bring you to him.”

Ji-Hyo’s glare began to soften looking at how desperate the man in front of her is. She really had no idea how merciless Kim Jong Kook can be until his man could be so hopeless right this. “Why would he need to see me?”

The man shook his head. “He didn’t tell me anything aside from bringing you to him. Agasshi, I don’t want to lose my job so please help me.” He looked at his watch again and exhaled sharply. “If we don’t go now, we will be late and he doesn’t like waiting.” He added but still sounded so desperate.

The last thing that she wanted to do is actually forgetting that she will be marrying Kim Jong Kook. She really doesn’t want to see him. She is not ready yet. However, she really feels pity for the man in front of her. This Kim Jong Kook is really a bastard. How could he fire his man only because he is late?

In the end, she chose to surrender. It’s no use for her to avoid him because in the end, she will be facing him. “Okay.” She said.

The man’s face expression began to brighten when Ji-Hyo finally agreed. “Thank You, Agasshi. Please get into the car.” He leaded Ji-Hyo to the car and opened the door for her.

She followed so and sat inside his luxury car. Just right when the car engine started, she suddenly remembers that she doesn’t even know where that man will bring her to. I shouldn’t have agreed. She cursed silently inside her heart. She only hopes that she is not going anywhere peculiar.

“Where are we going?” She asked as she is a little scared. Who wouldn’t be? A stranger suddenly approached you and wanted to bring you to his boss. This sounded like a kidnapping scene.

“L’Escape Hotel.” He replied but still his eyes are focusing on the road.

Ji-Hyo widen her eyes when she heard the word ‘hotel’. “Hotel? Are you crazy? Stop the car!” She began to freak out.

“Agasshi!” That man is startled with her sudden change. She agreed just now right?

Ji-Hyo rolled her eyes as she is so angry right now. “I don’t care about your boss. If you don’t stop the car, I’m going to jump out now!” She threatened.

That man has no choice but to bring the car to the roadside. “Agasshi. Please calm down. Sajangnim just wanted to have a meal with you. He wouldn’t harm you.”

“A meal?”

That man started to lose his patience. “Yes. L’Amant Secret. It’s located in L’Escape Hotel. He has been waiting and I’m doomed if you’re not there in 10 minutes.” He said and started the car engine right away without looking at Ji-Hyo.

Ji-Hyo who is just as annoyed as that man is just stayed silent in the car. She kept looking outside of the window blankly. What kind of fate is this?

“Song Ji Hyo-Ssi. We have arrived.” That man said in sudden and it is like a wakeup call for her from her daydreaming.

Before Ji-Hyo could answer him, he’s fast enough to get out from the car and opened the door for Ji-Hyo. “Please follow me.” He commanded and Ji-Hyo just obeyed. She’s too tired to argue with this guy.

It’s a 5 stars hotel with European vibe. She tailed that man from behind while she tightened her grip onto her backpack. She’s so nervous right now. She is going to meet one of the most famous young and successful businessman in the country. The man who will be her husband in less than 3 months. For a second, she really thought that it’s just like another Cinderella story. The difference is just she’s marrying him for the sake of money.

That man pressed the ‘26’ button once they entered the elevator. None of them talked until they finally reach their destination. Ji-Hyo looked at the restaurant and found out that it’s a fine dining restaurant. The light is slightly dimmed and Ji-Hyo could feel the Parisian vibe. It’s a very suitable restaurant for lovers as she could feel the romantic vibe. If only she comes here with her Si-Hoo oppa, she will be beyond happy.

That man walked inside the restaurant casually and Ji-Hyo just followed so. As they walked towards a table that’s located in the corner, Ji-Hyo started to feel nervous. As they’re closer, she’s 100% sure that the man who’s on the table in the corner is Kim Jong Kook because he’s sitting alone and wearing a nice tailored suit which looked so expensive. The man stopped in front of the table and Ji-Hyo could sense this man is sweating as he’s scared.

He bowed to Kim Jong Kook. “Sajangnim, please pardon for my tardiness in bringing Song Ji Hyo-Ssi.”

Ji-Hyo couldn’t be more surprised. That man looked like a lamb who is about to be caught by a lion as he looked so frightened. What annoyed her more is that Kim Jong Kook didn’t even take a single look at his man as his eyes focused on the menu book.

“You may go.” Jong-Kook replied and still focusing on the menu book.

Ji-Hyo couldn’t be more annoyed with this arrogant man. How is she going to spend the rest of her life with this cruel man?

“Aren’t you going to take a seat?”

A baritone voice startled Ji-Hyo and just right then, their eyes met. Ji-Hyo quickly looked away as it’s so uncomfortable for her. For some reason, that eyes looked so scary. Now that she understands why that man is so afraid of his boss. She never knew that a simple eye gaze like that could be so frightening. She quickly took a seat in front of him. For a moment, she stared at Kim Jong Kook.

So this is how the famous billionaire looks like?

She wouldn’t deny that Kim Jong Kook’s appearance is so attractive. She could see his bulging muscles as his suits are quit tight. His hair is combed up showing his broad forehead, his nose is sharp, his jawline is strong and his Adam’s apple is obvious. His skin might be slightly dark but it makes him even more attractive. Judging by appearance, he is perfect. No wonder a lot of celebrities and heiresses are after him. Song Ji Hyo might be a Cinderella who just found her prince charming but a cruel and merciless prince charming.

“Am I that attractive that you can’t stop starring at me?” Damn. His voice is deep.

Although his eyes are glued on the menu book, Ji-Hyo still felt embarrassed and casually took the menu book as well. She widened her eyes when she looked at the price. Damn it’s all so expensive. All of the western menus are so peculiar for her that she doesn’t understand it. It will be so embarrassing if she asked him about it. He might think that she is stupid. She turned the page but still some of the menus are in French word that she doesn’t really understand. Should she just not eat? But she’s hungry because she missed her lunch. When she was still busy figuring out what she wanted to order, Kim Jong Kook has called the waiter and start ordering.

“Foie Gras for appetizer. Lobster soup and charcoal grilled Australian Wagyu steak. I’d like orange sorbet for the dessert and well done for my steak. For the drink, I’d like sparkling water.” He ordered casually without looking at the menu book as he memorized all of it already. He looked at Ji-Hyo who still looked clueless. “What would you like, Song Ji Hyo-Ssi?” He asked.

Ji-Hyo couldn’t be more helpless. “Whatever you ordered, I’d like it too.” She replied and put down the menu book. She doesn’t want to look at the complicated words anymore and do not want to look so stupid in front of Kim Jong Kook.

Jong-Kook grinned. This girl is keeping her dignity high. He simply ordered the waiter to make it two for each of the courses that he ordered. After the waiter went away, Jong-Kook finally took a closer look towards the girl that she’s about to marry. Jong-Kook doesn’t want to lie to himself that she’s indeed beautiful. A natural beauty that he couldn’t see so often as girls around him tend to put on so much make up thinking that he might like it. Her natural wavy hair, her round eyes, her broad forehead and her slim figure are all captivating. Her lips, he doesn’t want to lie but it’s so alluring.

He took a deep breath and starred at her again. He couldn’t smell any fragrance on her. From the way she dressed up and her cheap backpack, he could conclude that she is an innocent yet ordinary girl. He realized about how clueless and dumbfounded she is by judging how she acts. For some reason, he finds it amusing. From the way she sat until the way she looked around, he’s so sure that she is very uncomfortable.

“Why are you bringing me here? I do not recall having anything to discuss with you.” Said Ji-Hyo, breaking the silent. Her tone is not friendly either.

What an interesting and straight-forward girl, Jong-Kook thought. Normally, girls will be so happy if he brought them to a luxury fine dining restaurant. They will try their best to seduce him and acting like an obedient pet in order to gain his interest but this girl is different. “We’re getting married. You need to get use to see me.” He replied and the tone is rather flat.

Ji-Hyo rolled her eyes and she’s so annoyed with his arrogance. “Why does it have to be me? There are a lot of girls out there who are chasing you but why me?” She glared at him angrily. She still couldn’t accept the truth that she is going to marry a stranger.

Of course it has to be you. It’s because you are Song Min Hyuk’s daughter.

Jong-Kook let out an evil smirk. “I’m here to make a deal with you.”

Ji-Hyo shivered when she heard Jong-Kook’s words and looked at his facial expression. What? Deal? What is this person talking about? The deal should be between her father and him right? “What kind of deal? Just how many deal do you need?” She started to lose her patience.

Jong-Kook chuckled. This girl is so interesting. “Calm down, Song Ji Hyo-Ssi. Don’t you know that the fate of your family is in my hand? You have no idea how wrecked is your father’s business now and your mother needs a regular physiotherapy due to her joint injury.”

Ji-Hyo exhaled sharply and looked down. She knew how damaged is her family’s economic condition. However, she does find it odd. How could this man suddenly come as a savior during her family’s toughest condition? Is it just a coincidence? Or this man has a secret plan? “What do you want? I don’t know who are you and you suddenly come into our family and wanted to marry me in order to save my father’s company. It is too funny to be considered as a coincidence.” Asked Ji-Hyo and dared herself to stare at the guy in front of her.

Jong-Kook’s heart pounded for a second. All of his plan will be over if she finds out his real motive. This girl is indeed smart. He let out an underestimating laugh. “Don’t you know that your father is selling his company’s shares that no one is interested but me? I could even destroy your father’s business right away and yet you dare to accuse me for making up a motive?” He tried to sound irritated.

Ji-Hyo was speechless for a while. She didn’t mean to offend him but she just doesn’t get the point why he wants to marry her. “I do not mean to offend you. Spill the beans. What do you want? What kind of deal do you want?”

Jong-Kook smirked just then. This girl is smart but luckily he is way smarter than her. She might have no choice because he has the power to control her family. “A deal regarding our marriage.” He uttered, so clear and so sharp.

Song Ji Hyo, your life is seriously over.

“Such as?” She asked still trying her best to look so confident as she’s not afraid with him or his threats.

Jong-Kook smiled as he saw her kind of surrendering now. Well, she has no choice right? “I have terms and condition for our marriage and it will be lovely if you just do as how I command.”

This guy is really unbelievable and Ji-Hyo felt like laying her fist on his damn face right now. If you expect her to be obedient, she won’t. If she’s an obedient kid all this while, she wouldn’t have fight or brawl with people that are trying to mess with her. She doesn’t even hesitate to use her strength or violence. All of those are enough evidence that she did cause so much trouble for her parents especially during her high school days. “Following your command? Are you looking for a wife or a slave?” She started to get annoyed.

Jong-Kook couldn’t be more satisfied looking at how she tried to fight back. She is definitely not an ordinary girl. He didn’t make a wrong choice. “You seriously need to control your temper.”

Ji-Hyo let out a soft sigh. “What do you want?” She asked while her eyes glaring at him sharply.

Jong-Kook cleared his throat before continuing his words. “I have to state everything clearly from beginning to avoid misunderstanding in the future which why I summon you here.”

This person is seriously crazy. He’s not her husband yet but he seems to be wanting to control everything including her. This is so depressing, Ji-Hyo thought. However, she can conclude that he is a very cautious person.

Jong-Kook was so amused with the girl in front of him. He thought it will just be another obedient girl but turn out to be a rebellious girl instead. He did background screening on her and he knew it clearly that this girl loves to fight a lot during her high school days but he didn’t expect her to be still this argumentative in front of him. “First, break up with your boyfriend because you know, I have to keep my image and dignity high and I do not want the press to conclude that I snatched other man’s girlfriend. Second, you can’t interfere my personal life. Third, I do know about your drinking habit and I do not want a drunkard wife. Fourth, I’ll still let you take care of your family especially your mother. Fifth, you have to obey me. And the last, don’t fall in love with me. I remind you very clearly from here, you can have my money and you have my body with you but I’m not a person who do ridiculous stuff like falling in love.”

Words by words that came out from his lips feels so suffocating for her. It’s so obvious that this man is trying to control her. She is a person with free soul and she hates it when people force her to do things she dislikes. “Bastard.” She said. She was about to say son of a but it will be too harsh.

Jong-Kook widened his eyes disbelieve. “What did you say just now?”

Ji-Hyo smirked at him. “I said you’re a bastard.” She made sure that she said each of her words clearly and not forgetting her sharp glare.

Jong-Kook exhaled sharply. This girl is beyond brave. Never once in his life being called a bastard by a girl. Girls are all after him and has always tried their best to get his attention but this ordinary girl is here calling him a bastard. “You better watch out your words, little girl. I think you know it clearly that the continuity of your father’s business is on my hand.” He started to get provoked. If she’s a man, he will have punch her already but he still has heart that he doesn’t hit girls.

Ji-Hyo can careless. “So? I knew it well and I tried so hard to accept the fact that I will get married to a jerk like you. You don’t want me to interfere your personal life? Fine and you can’t interfere mine either. One more thing, I do not need you to fall in love because I will not either. Please excuse me because I feel so nauseated if I have to keep sitting here and have a meal with you. I lost my appetite.” She stood up and grabbed her backpack with her. Just right then, the first course arrived.

Jong-Kook gulped his water casually, trying to cool down himself after an intense conversation with her. “The meal is here. I do not mind paying but I hate wasting food. Finish your meal and I will ask my man to send you home.”

Ji-Hyo bit her lips as she’s battling inside her heart whether she should stay or not. She can’t lie to herself that the food is so tempting.

“I know you’re hungry since the lunch time has passed. Just throw your dignity and eat because I feel pity for your little stomach.” Said Jong-Kook without looking at her.

Ji-Hyo hesitated for a while when she saw Jong-Kook started to eat the Amuse-Bouche. Should she really throw her dignity for the tempting food in front of her?

“You’re really stubborn.” Jong-Kook added again when he looked at how she tried hard not to look at the food when she’s actually starving.

Ji-Hyo rolled her eyes before finally sitting down again. She looked at the bite size fig and walnut. It looked tempting. However, when she was about to grab a fork, she finds it a little confusing. There are a lot of forks, knives and spoon on her table. She has never been to a fine dining restaurant before but she still doesn’t want to ask Kim Jong Kook because he will laugh his off.

“Use the cutlery starting f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter