Disaster

The Billionaire's Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a peaceful Sunday morning until a bunch of people are busy coming back and forth. A wedding ceremony is about to be held in a church located in the downtown area. The chimes of the bell is so visible that the wedding ceremony is about to start anytime soon. A marriage is holy and sacred before God. It will be a moment where two people said their vows in front of God, promised to be faithful towards each other until death separates them apart. It should be at least once in a life of a woman where she becomes the queen of the day and the day is her wedding day. It should be a happy day for both the bride and the groom as wedding ceremonies is a union celebration of two families. It is beautifully crafted, personalized, customized and presented with joy and love.

Song Ji Hyo never once had a vision that she will get married with one of the wealthiest businessman in the country. After tonight, she will officially be someone’s wife and there will be no way in hell for her to run away from this wedding. You don’t hear me wrong. She wishes to run away from her wedding so much that she feels so suffocated as the ceremony is going to start anytime soon. Being a wife of a wealthy man might be every girl’s dream but she is never happy when she knows that she is going to marry a wealthy man. That wealthy man that she is about to marry is nowhere near a human for her but an iceberg. A huge and bulky iceberg who does not even smile when people greet him.

“Ji-Hyo ya. Are you okay?”

Ji-Hyo turned around and found out that it is her mother. “Eomma never had any idea that this day will come so soon. You are getting married and you are so beautiful with that wedding dress. Eomma’s little girl has completely grow up.” Kim Mi Kyung looked at her daughter and caressed her cheeks softly as tears almost stream down her eyes.

Ji-Hyo couldn’t help but to also shed her tears. “Don’t say that eomma. No matter what happen, I will always be eomma and appa’s little daughter.” She hugs her mother so tight as she doesn’t have any idea who her life will be after marrying that ice berg. There is no guarantee if that man could bring happiness for her.

Kim Mi Kyung pats Jihyo’s back gently. “Don’t cry. It will ruin your make up.”

Ji-Hyo quickly wipe away her tears and smiled genuinely, trying her best to look okay when the truth is she is never okay with this marriage. She had a boyfriend and she has no choice but to broke up with him. The only thing that she considered from marrying that ice berg is because he might the only one who could save her father’s company or else the company will be liquidated. Unfair, isn’t it? At least, this is the only chance that she can be a filial daughter for her parents.

“Eomma will need to go out first since the ceremony is going to start in no time. Get ready, okay? Eomma loves you a lot.” Said Kim Mi Kyung and Ji-Hyo only reply her with a nod.

Just right after her mother went out, a fuss and loud noise arise and the next Ji-Hyo heard was a loud bang of the door. She widens her eyes in surprise when she looked at the person who cause it. “Si-Hoo Oppa.” She murmured and the next she knew is Si-Hoo was trying to drag her from her dressing room.

“What are you doing?” Asked Ji-Hyo, still a little startled and it is a little uncomfortable for her as she is currently in a wedding dress.

Park Si-Hoo rolled his eyes in annoyance. “Do you know what are you doing now? If I knew the man that you are going to marry is Kim Jong Kook, I will never let you go like that. That man is a bastard and what can you expect from him? Your life will be doomed if you become his wife!” This man is seriously angry.

Ji-Hyo bit her lips as she tried to digest what Si-Hoo said just now. He might be right. “Then what can I do? The future of my father’s business is on his hand. I can do nothing but to obey him. I am destined to live in sorrow with that man, as long as he can save my family, I won’t mind. I have been causing so much trouble for my parents and this is my only chance to save them.”

“You are really out of mind. You are willing to sacrifice your whole life just for the sake of money? Forget it, Ji-Hyo ya. Let’s run away. We still have time.” Si-Hoo tried to convince her.

Ji-Hyo seemed to be thinking for a while. Run away? Could she? She knew it clearly how much money did Kim Jong Kook deal with her father. Will their family be okay if she just suddenly disappeared from this damn wedding? Before she can make her decision, the step of a man walking inside the dressing room echoed to both of their ears. The footstep was so calm and visible. Both Ji-Hyo and Si-Hoo were looking so dumbfounded when they saw the owner of the footstep.

The owner of the footstep stopped in front of the door and he does not seem to be surprise when he saw Jihyo and Si-Hoo.

“I heard some intruders are making a fuss. I guess it’s you.” He said, expressionless.

Park Si-Hoo scanned this person from head to toe. Everything he wears is so freaking expensive. He’s wearing a tailored suit which comes from the designer Desmond Merrion which is listed as one of the most expensive suit in the world. He looked down and found out that his silver cufflinks were shining with sapphire around it and diamond in the middle. He moved onto his wrist and he saw a rolex watch. He scanned downward and saw the familiar spike studded all over his shoes. It’s so obvious that it comes from the designer house Christian Louboutin. So this is how a billionaire dressed up?

“Kim Jong Kook-Ssi.” Jihyo doesn’t know what kind of word to describe this kind of situation but she clearly understands that this is not going to be okay. She’s afraid if Jong-Kook misunderstood this situation. “It’s not like…” Before she tried to give him her explanation, Kim Jong Kook stopped her.

“Just run away then.” Said Jong-Kook. His face expression is so calm yet so dangerous. He does not show any anger on his face nor his speaking tone. His speaking tone is rather emotionless that it’s more like he doesn’t care about what he saw earlier.

He crossed his hand on his chest and leaned on the wall near the door with his eyes still gluing on both Ji-Hyo and Si-Hoo. “Why aren’t you both run away now? My time is very limited that I do not spend my time on something unimportant like this.” He said, arrogantly.

Si-Hoo was surprised and dumbfounded. This scene has never crossed his mind. He thought Jong-Kook will be mad and furious but he was wrong. “Are you crazy?” He raised his voice.

Jong-Kook sighed sharply and walked towards Ji-Hyo and Si-Hoo. “I could be crazy enough to burn you into ashes and I won’t be stopping you if you wanna take this girl with you.” He glared sharply at Si-Hoo.

Si-Hoo gulped his saliva as he never imagined that an eye gaze could be very dangerous as it could cut him into pieces. He was thinking inside his head on what he should reply Jong-Kook but before he can even spit it out, Jong-Kook has made his mind first.

“I don’t care about your business with her. You may run away with her but I will make sure that both of you will bear the consequences. I’m a businessman and I do not make reckless and useless investment. You know how much money I spent for her? Even your salary for 5 years could not cover the expense.” Said Jong-Kook. It was so sharp and intimidating.

Ji-Hyo who was aware with the whole situation knowing that it will not be good if Si-Hoo stay here for too long. The man that she is about to marry is so cruel that she is afraid if he will hurt Si-Hoo. “Si-Hoo oppa, I think it’s better for you to go now. As I told you last month, we are over and there is nothing more to talk about. Kim Jong Kook-Ssi is right. None of us can bear the consequence if we run away.” She looked down as she felt so miserable that Jong-Kook only consider her as a product that he bought with his money.

Si-Hoo scoffed at his naïve ex-girlfriend. “None of us can predict the future, Mr. Billionaire. You better watch out your behavior or it will destroy you.” He warned and left both Ji-Hyo and Jong-Kook alone in the dressing room. He does not have any idea that his guts will shrink when Kim Jong Kook is right in front of him.

Just right Si-Hoo went away, Ji-Hyo’s legs jellied and sat on the stool right away as her wedding dress is so damn heavy. She really wish that she could cry out loud now but she couldn’t. She couldn’t bear a shameful cry in front of this cruel man. She couldn’t even imagine how will she live her life after becoming his wife.

Jong-Kook shook his head and smirked. He doesn’t believe it that he indirectly involved himself in this childish love story. “If he really loves you, he will bear all of the consequences. He will fight for you when you want to give up, pick you up when you are feeling down and giving smile when it’s hard to find yours. If a little threat from me can make him give up, I wonder if he really loves you. I gave him a chance but it’s his fault by not taking it. I will ask the make-up artist to re-touch your make up. Your tears are ruining it and I do not want the media to speculate that this is a forceful and unhappy marriage.” He uttered coldly and left Ji-Hyo alone.

Just after he left, Ji-Hyo sighed sharply. After the scene with Si-Hoo and how Jong-Kook assumed her as ‘something’ he bought, she started to question herself. What did she get herself into? It’s like she’s walking towards a tiger’s den. Once the wedding party is finished, her life is seriously over. It’s doomed.

**

The sound of violin echoed through the whole church and sounded so lovely which made all of the guests are anticipating for the ceremony. The groom and groomsmen entered the church firstly and followed by the bridesmaid. Then, a man in a black tuxedo with his hand focusing on playing the violin slowly entered the aisle as he is escorting the bride who is currently walking towards the aisle with her hand linked to her father’s arm. This might be a lovely scene for the guests but not for Song Ji Hyo. She really wished that time could stop ticking so that she will wake up and all of this wedding will just be part of her dream. However, this is not a dream, the man who stood in front of the altar will be her husband in any minutes. That cruel man does not even show any emotion and stood there just like an iceberg. No matter how slow she tried to walk, Ji-Hyo and her father finally reached the altar.

Song Min Hyuk looked at Jong-Kook with a meaningful gaze. “She is my daughter who I raised with all my heart. Although you might not love her but please protect her and cherish her as how we did. If one day you feel like you don’t want her anymore, don’t dump her but you can send her back to me because I will always be there for her.”

For a moment, Ji-Hyo felt like she wants to shed her tears again but she tried hard not to. She was a little surprised as well when she saw a smile was engraved on Jong-Kook’s face. Her heart was about to jump out when she saw his smile. “You can count on me, abeonim.” Jong-Kook replied confidently.

The wedding ceremony

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter